Start by marking “The Wicked Will Rise (Dorothy Must Die, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Wicked Will Rise (Dorothy Must Die, #2)

The Wicked Will Rise

(Dorothy Must Die #2)

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  25,094 ratings  ·  2,815 reviews
To make Oz a free land again, Amy Gumm was given a mission: remove the Tin Woodman’s heart, steal the Scarecrow’s brain, take the Lion’s courage, and then Dorothy must die...

But Dorothy still lives. Now the Revolutionary Order of the Wicked has vanished, and mysterious Princess Ozma might be Amy’s only ally. As Amy learns the truth about her mission, she realizes that she’
Published March 31st 2015 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about The Wicked Will Rise, please sign up.
Korena The third book, Yellow Brick War, is coming out March 15, 2016.
Debbe The third book is to come out in march of 2016. Will be waiting.

·  25,094 ratings  ·  2,815 reviews

Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
It's such a shame that I will never read this book, given my love for the first.

Never, never, ever touching this with a 15-foot pole.

Ben Alderson
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Just read this book in one sitting, just like i did for the first! so amazing...... dying to get the third book! such a cliff hanger!
Daniella Rojas
UPDATE#3: I'VE READ IT AND ITS ACTUALLY REAL GOOD SO I'LL LEAVE YOU WITH A LIL REVIEW LMAO.

Ok, ok, alright. This book was so much smaller than Dorothy Must Die, and of course Dorothy Must Die was slightly better, but it isn't THAT AS a disappointment like people say it is. I mean yeah, it was short and kinda rushed. But can we say CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT??

God, Amy's character development was actually real interesting in this book. omg, and unlike some people i think I loved it. I was unsure at fi
Michelle
Jun 03, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2015
This book was utter shit. It felt like I was reading a completely different story from the first book, what the actual fuck? What a waste of 293 pages. If you liked the first book DON'T read this, just save yourself the disappointment.
Aimee ♥ | Aimee, Always
Evil will always catch up with you. That's why you have to get to it first.

Murder, magic and unicorns... Throw in a sassy female lead and an à la Wonderland version of Oz, and you've got The Wicked Will Rise.

Remember when I said I really disliked the humor in Dorothy Must Die? I'm happy to say that this book was a thousand times less annoying. Amy's feisty attitude in this book was a lot more realistic, and I felt like the things she said were things I could have said myself in certain situation
Taneika
The books in this series are so fun to read but for some reason, I find them easy to put down? I'm not really sure why as I really like the characters and I love the world as well, but I just find myself putting the books down a lot
Definitely keen for the next one after that ending though!
Shannon
May 27, 2014 marked it as will-never-read
Kind of ironic that the person she's defending basically said, "I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog too!"
Candace Robinson
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a great sequel! Sometimes, you never know how a second book is going to go. Luckily, this one was awesome! It has the perfect blend of darkness mixed with humor. There was character growth with Amy. She has a dark side to her that is hidden away, and there were tiny glimpses of it aching to come out, so I can't wait to see what direction her character goes in in the next book!! Review on my blog: https://literarydust.wordpress.com/20...
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
*4.5 Stars*

When you claim your name, what will it be?

I think there’s a certain standard in which second books are expected to live up to. In no way is it fair, because, especially with me, the first book in a series is always leagues above the rest-it’s just the way it is. When I fall in love with a series, it’s no light thing. I become obsessed and nothing is likely to please me any time soon. That being said-I have high standards. After devouring a 100% 5 star book, I want the same superiori
C.G. Drews
Oct 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Well, that was downright excellent. I AM SO PLEASED! If you read my review of Dorothy Must Die, you'll know I confessed to being wary of this series for, um...TWELVE WHOLE MONTHS. Gah! Why did I avoid it?! What was going on in my scrambled little brain?! This series is glorious and I love the sequel just as much as the first!

We've already been introduced to the creepy masterpiece that is Oz...so now we get to go in deeper. There is a LOT of world-exploring here! New characters and new settings.
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
Didn't care much for the sequel. It had a serious case of second-book syndrome. First one was so much better. This story could be wrapped up in two books, not 3. But that's just what I think.
Miranda
Jan 11, 2015 rated it liked it

There's the article about Hale that everyone has been talking about. And it's not going to prevent me from reading this book.
Yes, she took it waaaay too far, but Danielle Paige did nothing wrong, She gave her support to her, big deal! Fans stalk authors all the time, and harass them. Hale shouldn't have done what she did. Daniella simply said it was something all authors wished they could do, that doesn't mean she'll do it, or wants to mow down the rights
Nadia
Well I hate it when books end this way.

How you ask?

Like you're reading, and you're finally into it, and you can finally feel the passion and emotion guiding the characters, and you turn the next page to know what happens next, and BAM! Back ads.

Talk about anti climatic.

1.5.14:

2015?

Not like I have any other option.

shady boots | #WatchPOSE
It should be a no-brainer that I should avoid reading this book. The author is a supporter of HaleToTheNo. I shouldn't even give this book the time of day.

And yet and yet and yet. >_< Fuck, man, I really loved DMD. I don't know what to do.
Burn
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was ok
Well crap. That was boring.
That’s my exact thought as I read the last phrases of the book.
“Rise, little witch,” Glamora said. “Take your place among us.”
I stepped forward.

I cringed.
What the hell did I just read? By those words, I don’t mean what-the-hell-did-I-just-read-it-was-too-awesome-and-shocking. Rather it was what-the-hell-is-this-nothing-makes-sense-and-it-was-too-boring-to-comprehend!Maybe it’s just me. But really, I can’t appreciate much of this.

The first book, Dorothy Must Die
Taylor Knight
May 11, 2014 rated it liked it
I read Dorothy Must Die over a year ago, shortly after it was released. I really liked it and I was so curious to see what happened next in Amy's story. I wasn't sure what to expect and I think that was a good thing.

The Wicked Will Rise jumps right into the story where the first book left off. There wasn't any recap and even though I remembered a lot from the first book, I was a little lost and confused for the first 30 pages of this book.
The Wicked Will Rise was a lot weirder than the first b
Hayley
Dec 05, 2016 rated it liked it
This was still an enjoyable read....but it was also frustrating.

I liked being reunited with old characters whom I did really enjoy the first time I read it, but I have to say:

This book was all over the place.

Whilst we did get to explore more of Oz and therefore, more characters, EVERYTHING was rushed. A battle would occur and be over in what felt like 2 seconds. The writing was really repetitive throughout and it got to a point where I was skimming some of the pages because it was so repetitive
Katie
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
I think I've decided this series isn't for me. Probably won't be continuing on
Guille
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
W T F DID I JUST READ
Olivia & Lori (The Candid Cover)
Returning to Danielle Paige’s Oz never felt so good! Amy Gumm is back as a strong and sassy main character who knows how to fight. Also, the setting of Oz is so familiar, yet completely different from what you imagined. Finally, the plot is filled with so many twists and turns you will be furiously turning the pages to find out what happens next!

One of the things that I really love about The Wicked Will Rise is how strong the main character, Amy Gumm, is. Sometimes in young adult literature, fem
Giovanna
Jul 12, 2014 marked it as abandoned-series
The thing is: I liked the first book.
The sad thing is: The author has shown support to an author who stalked someone who gave her book a 1-star review...
Eh
Natalie Monroe
May 12, 2014 marked it as never-ever-ever-reading-this
This breaks my heart because I really loved the first book. But I just can't.

Plus, there are more books in the sea.
Anastasia シ
Full Review on my blog!

The first book was a bit more entertaining, but I still really enjoyed this one! This was a great sequel!

One of the things that I really love about The Wicked Will Rise is how strong the main character, Amy Gumm, is. Amy Gumm is a really good heroine. Flawed, as expected but I really saw her develop in this book; discovering more about herself, and realizing who she is and who she will become. I loved how she went through with what she believed in. I know, I know that prob
Ashley Daviau
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is my second time around reading this book and my thoughts remain the same, I freaking LOVED it!!! Dorothy Must Die was utterly amazing but The Wicked Will Rise is on a whole other level! This book is nonstop action and twists and turns the whole way through. I really love this re-telling, it's really just perfect. I've also grown to really love the characters, and most of all, love the delicious wickedness of this series! And with the way this book ended, I'm dying to get started on the ne ...more
Maddie
Jun 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: library-books
Did I really just read a book about Amy going to two different places, and stopping there for a few days? This felt like the most passive sequel I've ever read, but at least the setting was rich and a love triangle was avoided! Huzzah!
Also, one of her mission was 'Find Dorothy' but I'm pretty sure Dorothy found her, just sayin'.
Catherine ♡
And so, just like the first one, I finished this in a few hours.
(Note: I won't be writing a full length review for this one, because a lot of the things I said in my review for the first book apply to this too.)

Anyways, I love love loveeeeed the first one, and I loved this one too. Honestly I had thought that my excitement for the book would've dimmed, after reading some novellas that had just been "eh" - but nope, the story drew me in, stole my heart, and crushed it into a million pieces, over
Kelsey Marie
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
An updated review can be found on my blog later today, but here is the one I originally wrote.

Okay, so I didn't like this one as much as I liked Dorothy Must Die, but it was still a wonderful book. It took me about 2 days to finish, whereas the first one I read in one sitting. And her pet rat dies. I can never forgive a book where an animal dies!

Still, the book was amazing as we learn more about Oz and Ozma, destroy more symbols of my childhood, and are left on the end-all-be-all of cliffhangers
♔ Dark Lordette Jennymort ♔
I just wasn't impressed... Meh... Can't keep beating a dead horse. Just think these three books should've ended up being just one... Considering all the ramblings that have no reason to really be in there.

description
Briar's Reviews
I am really sad to say I didn't enjoy this book, which is a real shame because I absolutely love how Danielle Paige writes.

There's a lot of reasons on why I couldn't get into this book, and I feel like I need to explain them or else the mobs will attack....:
1. It's been a while since I read the first book (which I loved, by the way) and the summaries and reviews of that book didn't catch me up all that much.
2. I didn't have time to re-read the first book, so I went into this book feeling half-lo
Mohammed Al-Thani
Apr 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
WOW!!! What an amazing sequel. I loved how it picked up exactly after how the first book ended. I loved the characters. I loved the storyline. I literally loved EVERYTHING about this book and I mean EVERYTHING. It's all kind of AWESOMENESS.

• Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Nothing Bad Is Going to Happen (No One Else Can Have You, #2)
  • Spelled (The Storymakers, #1)
  • Lumberjanes: To the Max Edition, Vol. 2
  • Ill-Conceived Magic (Monster Haven, #1.5)
  • Dance in the Vampire Bund Vol 6
  • Chasing Magic
  • Polaris (Avalon, #2)
  • Oz: Ozma of Oz (Marvel Classics)
  • Starcrossed (The Sherwood Wolves #2)
  • Sneaky Snow White (Dark Fairy Tale Queen, #2)
  • The Hunter's Moon (The Secret Warrior, #1)
  • Broken Beasts (Xoe Meyers, #3)
  • Rose of the Oath: A Beauty and the Beast Novella (Legends of Light # 1)
  • Etherworld (Elusion, #2)
  • Prophecy of Oz (Prophecy of Oz, #1)
  • Dearest (Woodcutter Sisters #3; Books of Arilland #4)
  • The Inquisitor's Mark (Eighth Day, #2)
Danielle lives in NY. Before turning to YA, she worked in television & was nominated for several Daytime Emmy's. Dorothy Must Die is her first novel.

Dorothy Must Die (4 books)
  • Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die, #1)
  • Yellow Brick War (Dorothy Must Die, #3)
  • The End of Oz (Dorothy Must Die, #4)
“She had been both good and wicked and everything in between. She had been both at once, too, until it was hard for her to even tell the difference anymore.” 34 likes
“You can’t just cover your eyes and pretend like terrible things aren’t happening simply because you can’t see them,” 34 likes