Start by marking “The Moth in the Mirror (Splintered, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
The Moth in the Mirror (Splintered, #1.5)

The Moth in the Mirror (Splintered #1.5)

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  4,483 Ratings  ·  477 Reviews
Morpheus wants to know more about his rival for Alyssa's affections, so he digs into Jeb's memories of his time in Wonderland. But he may be surprised by what he finds. This brand-new story and perspective from A.G. Howard's dark, magical world stands alone, but also provides a tantalizing glimpse of what's to come in Unhinged, the sequel to Splintered.
Published October 22nd 2013 by Amulet Books

To ask other readers questions about The Moth in the Mirror, please sign up.
Gurleen Untamed (Splintered #1.5-3.5) includes, other than an extended epilogue to Ensnared, some insight into Alison's past memories in Wonderland and…moreUntamed (Splintered #1.5-3.5) includes, other than an extended epilogue to Ensnared, some insight into Alison's past memories in Wonderland and moments of the life of Alyssa after Ensnared, the PRINT VERSION of The Moth in the Mirror.
If you can resist reading the other stuff before finishing reading the last book, this may be the best choice for you ^^(less)

A.G. Howard
Sep 30, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
No rating from me but it was SO fun hanging out in Morpheus's and Jeb's minds.

Me after finishing writing:

Alex ☣ Deranged KittyCat ☣
"Ah, but this particular human has much to teach me."

description

The premise for this short story is Morpheus' desire to experience Jeb's memories while he was in Wonderland, to see what Al loves about him so much. Which he does, and we get to walk in the boy's shoes and see his every thought and insecurity.
He couldn't make sense of Jebediah's luck, how a human could wield such power over a netherling queen.

description

At the end of the day, I'm not sure how much good it did Morph to experience Jeb's memor
Danielle

The Moth in the Mirror is a novella which takes place between Splintered and Unhinged . Morpheus does not understand what Alyssa sees in the mortal, Jebediah, but he wants to better understand his rival for Alyssa's affections. He examines Jeb's lost memories of his time spent in Wonderland, but he may find out more than he's bargained for.

This novella is the perfect hold over while waiting for Unhinged ! Brace yourself for this peek into Morpheus and Jeb's minds. My only wish is that that
Katerina Kondrenko
4 out of 10

Ревью в моем блоге/This review on my blog
Living A Thousand Lives

Love-Geometry: hard

Quote-core:
“Romance wasn't fair. Nor was it a game. It was war. And, a
Natalie Monroe
Ugh, too much Jeb and not enough Morpheus.
Candace Robinson
Sep 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Man Morpheus is the best!
Natalia
This book has both Morpheus's and Jeb's POVs, but most of the novella is told from Jeb's perspective, giving us his take of certain events that happened in Splintered. Mercifully, the narration was done in 3rd person. I don't think I would be able to tolerate being in Jeb's head otherwise. He is not a bad guy at all, but I just don't get him. At first he wants to leave for London to study there and has a girlfriend, and the next moment he is all overprotective and obsessed with Alyssa. His fasci ...more
Phire
Jun 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fae, fantasy, young-adult
I feel so sorry about Morpheus... but he was a manipulative bastard - I can't forgive him for having been so.

And Jeb *swoons*
Rayne

It isn't a secret that I loved Splintered. That does not mean, however, that the story didn't have its faults, namely, a slightly forced love triangle and a very possessive and bossy main love interest that was, strangely enough, not the insane one of the two. Considering this novella promised to be exactly about the two things I liked the least about the novel, I was understandably apprehensive about reading it. I didn't doubt the novella would be a good read, - I trust in Howard's ski
WinterRose
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was ok
I feel like this novella only exists as fan service. The pages are pretty much filled with both guys gushing and swooning over Alyssa. News flash: ALYSSA ISN'T THAT GREAT. AT ALL.

"How do I beat him?" - Jeb

---

Then, when he'd destroyed Alyssa's faith in her mortal knight, Morpheus would be there to comfort and win her. - Morpheus

It's becoming clear to me that Howard is treating this love triangle literally like a game in which Alyssa is the shiny prize.

I don't like when authors do that. I don't l
Mimi
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love-em
So this is just a little insight on Jebs point of view of things when he is going through them, which is quite nice seeing how he felt in those important moments that happens in the book.

Also we see Morpheus, POV on how strong his feelings are for Alyssa that he will just not stop until she is with him !!
Total love anything that has to do with Alyssa and Morpheus so I give 5 stars ;)
A.G. Howard has a great gift for prose, crafting worlds, and honoring literary traditions. The only blemish in her Splintered series is that, for reasons I don't understand, the books want us to love Jeb, the main character's obnoxious human boyfriend, and mistrust/dislike Morpheus, the lovably deranged fae creature who not only wants our heroine's heart, but wants her to reach her full and impressive potential.

This novella takes place right after the first book of the trilogy. It finds Morpheus
Elena Salvatore
This is one of the novellas that don't complete the story.

It shows Morpheus viewing Jeb's memorys and thus giving us a more detailed version of what Jeb has endured during the 1st book, when he wasn't with Alyssa.

So you don't have to read it in order to understand some of the characters or for the story to make more sence.

Brooke (The Cover Contessa)
Oct 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So, I'll be honest and say I went into this blind. Didn't really matter what it was about, it mattered that it was a short story that revolved around Splintered and that was really all I needed to get me to buy it! And I am in no way disappointed that I did!

Blurb from Goodreads:An original ebook-only novella in the Splintered series, told from the points of view of both Jeb and Morpheus. Morpheus wants to know more about his rival for Alyssa's affections, so he digs into Jeb's memories of his ti
Saania Zee Jamal ϟ
THIS CAME OUT ON THE 22ND OF BLOODY OCTOBER AND I'M FINDING OUT ABOUT IT NOW? (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

♥Emm♥
"Each time he saw his reflection of late, he no longer recognized the moth in the mirror. He was incomplete; broken, and he despised it."

The Moth in the Mirror is a short expansion on the first novel, from Jeb's and Morpheus's points of view. Darkly quirky, emotionally rich and imaginative as Splintered, both thoroughly worthy retellings of Wonderland.

Though, I had expected Morpheus to take center stage here, but it's more of an elaboration on Jeb and his conflicting emotions. The short is sti
Alicia Batista (Addicted Readers)

4.5 Stars

I Loved, LOVED, LOVEDDDDD this short story!!! Being inside Jeb's mind, seeing his side of what happened, what he went through while separated from Alyssa, and what was going through his head as he traveled through Wonderland was just amazing!! And Morpheus, ooh, he's so deliciously sexy as he's strategizing, and conniving, and manipulative, and so dam enticing!! And if you put'em all together, HOT dam you've got one dangerously seductive, bombshell of a "Son of a bug" as Jeb would say
Meg
Oct 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
"Romance wasn't fair. Nor was it a game. It was war. And, as on any other battlefield, compassion and mercy had no place there.'
The Moth in the Mirror | A. G. Howard

If you are etching to figure out what happened when Jeb was away from Alyssa during Splintered, or if you desperately need to be inside the mind of Morpheus with his sultry attitude and desire for a certain blonde then this novella will quench that thirst.

Unmasking the events during Alyssa and Jeb's separation has all the class of A.
Simona Bartolotta
Summary: Jeb keeps being useless. Yay.
Sophie
Mar 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015, 4-stars
Quite a nice look into the minds of Morpheus and Jeb, and a nice refresher to the story.
Saga Nilsson Lind
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was nice to read from another character's pov.
Zala
Sep 14, 2015 rated it liked it
No. Nope. Nada.

There is absolutely no difference in my opinion of Jeb. I already know that he loves Alyssa, a lot. And I admire him for his sacrifice. That whole painting white roses red deal was so bittersweet. But it comes off as a plot device for us to like him (more). Incidentally, when he sacrificed himself to save Ivory Queen and consequentially Alyssa, he said that she's his best friend. Well that, and that he loves her... but really, don't we love our best friends? And that's just how t
Ginevra
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Nonostante questa storia breve (circa 40 pagine) sia stata scritta per farci amare Jeb (o almeno credo), l'unico risultato che ha ottenuto è che sono ancora più innamorata di Morpheus. Forse sono strana io, ma vedere tutto con gli occhi di Jeb non mi ha fatto apprezzare di più il suo personaggio, anzi... Però la storia è molto bella. Più che altro perché ci mostra delle scene inedite del primo libro, del viaggio di Alyssa e Jeb nel paese delle meraviglie! Non è indispensabile leggerlo per poter ...more
Brittain *The Baddest Female*
I love this little interlude between book 1 and 2 in the Splintered series.

That being said, I wish there was more Morpheus in it. I was expecting to get into his mind and that just didn't happen. The characters that are twisted and tap dance that line between good and evil are so much more fascinating to me than the Prince Charmings. They have more depth and have reasons to be who they are and I want to get into the psychology of Morpheus in all of this.

Onto Unhinged!
Stephanie
Jul 24, 2016 rated it liked it
I liked the idea of getting to see some of Jeb's POV from the first book, while getting new scenes with Morpheus. Unfortunately, most of Jeb's scenes were him finding things out we already knew, with little insight into anything else. I did like the scenes with Morpheus, though. I have high hopes that he'll live up to his potential in the next book.
Seeing Double in Neverland
Jun 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love Morpheus but with that being said this book is about Morpheus watching Jeb's memories. It was interesting to get Jeb's point of view of his time in wonderland. There was his time with the Sprites, After Alissa flew with him and had to leave him cause she couldn't take him any farther and before he makes his decision to rescue Alyssa and then it ends with Morpheus take. A must Read!
Bárbara
Jun 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 estrellas
En esta novella exploramos un poco más las motivaciones de Jeb, pero claramente Morfeo se roba el protagonismo con sólo un par de páginas.
Y está demás decir que Morfeo tiene los mejores diálogos de la trilogía, y eso incluye esta historia :P
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
I only gave this 2 stars because of the parts about morpheus. But the rest mostly is about Jeb. I just can't stand the guy, not after I finished the series. I really wish he wasn't in the book in first place.
Melissa (Ever So Mela)
2.5

Buddy Read with Brittain and Raquel.

Waaaaaay too much Jeb and not enough Moth.
I only liked the first and last chapter, truth be told.
Ashley
This was alright. I wasn't the biggest fan of Splintered, but because I'm weird, I have this sick urge to push myself through the series. I'm curious to see if it gets better and I guess see the eventual end.
This novella is an added extra that doesn't necessarily need to be read in order to understand the events in the series. It's just an extra that lets the reader experience certain events from Splintered in Jeb's POV.
I'm just kind of ehh on the whole novella. I guess it was nice getting to ex
Book Talk: The Moth in the Mirror 14 10 Dec 02, 2014 03:37PM
The Moth in the Mirror 1 23 Nov 21, 2013 05:08AM
Splintered Fan Club : 3 free copies of The Moth in the Mirror 3 24 Oct 29, 2013 06:23AM
Splintered Fan Club : Splintered Novella Cover!!! 58 64 Oct 20, 2013 09:57PM
  • The Ash-Born Boy (The Near Witch, #0.5)
  • My Date From Hell (The Blooming Goddess Trilogy, #2)
  • Hansel and Gretel (Faerie Tale Collection, #5)
  • Voice of Gods (Blood of Gods and Royals, #0.5)
  • Circus (Insanity, #3)
  • A Royal Birthday: A False Princess Short Story
  • The Witch's Betrayal (The Assassin's Curse #0.5)
  • The Night After I Lost You (The Lynburn Legacy, #1.5)
  • The Last Stormdancer (The Lotus Wars, #0.6)
  • Shadow (Paper Gods, #0.5)
  • Phoenix Overture (Newsoul, #0.5)
  • A Tale of Two Proms (Bard Academy, #4)
  • Night of Cake & Puppets (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2.5)
  • A Dawn Most Wicked (Something Strange and Deadly, #1.5)
  • The Department of Alterations (Crewel World, #0.5)
  • Among the Nameless Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #0.5)
  • The Blue-Haired Boy (Faking Normal, #0.5)
  • After the Ball (Beau Rivage, #1.5)
#1 New York Times and International bestselling Author of Gothic / Fantasy & Paranormal tales. Mystical & romantic with a side of horror. YA, NA, and Literary Romance. Repped by Jenny Bent.

A.G. was inspired to write the Splintered Series, her tribute to Carroll's Wonderland, while working at a school library. Her pastimes are reading, rollerblading, gardening, and family vacations which of
More about A.G. Howard

Splintered (3 books)
  • Splintered (Splintered, #1)
  • Unhinged (Splintered, #2)
  • Ensnared (Splintered, #3)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Sanctuary (Nomad, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Bandwidth (An Analog Novel Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sufficiently Advanced Magic (Arcane Ascension, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Bees
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Land: Founding (Chaos Seeds, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Mists of Avalon (Avalon, #1)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Fool's Assassin (The Fitz and The Fool Trilogy, #1)
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
  • Friday
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Dhalgren
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Conjure (Hoodoo Apprentice)
    $5.99 $0.00
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Homeworld (Odyssey One, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Recurve (The Elemental Series, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • When Gravity Fails (The Budayeen Cycle, 1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Thirteen
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Black (Odyssey One, #4)
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
“He could offer her an eternity of challenges and passion, of quiet, tender moments stolen in the depths of riotous flames and ravaging storms--tranquility amidst the chaos.” 50 likes
“Romance wasn't fair. Nor was it a game. It was war. And, as on any other battlefield, compassion and mercy had no place there.” 32 likes