Start by marking “His Righthand Man” as Want to Read:
His Righthand Man

His Righthand Man

Angela of Rom has one mission: to save the lives of her sickly brother and crippled father. When her beloved country goes to war, Angela disguises herself as her brother "Phil," the estranged son of Rom. The last person she expected to collide with (literally) is her long time betrothed Captain Konner of Hoyts. Having never met Konner before, Angela is quickly intrigued by ...more
Published July 25th 2013 by Deleesie Books

To ask other readers questions about His Righthand Man, please sign up.
Grace M. DeLeesie Yes, there will be a sequel to "His RightHand Man". I hope to have it out sometime in 2018.

Fizza
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's an amazingly good book. I quite enjoyed the story. And all the characters are really well-written, as well as, interesting. Angela and Konner are of course the best, since it's their story, but all other characters are just as likable. I especially loved Prince Richard. I hope we get to read more about him in next book of this series.
Angela is pretending to be a man. She is the strongest in her family and she must protect her family's honor no matter what. So here she is training with the a
Sandy S
Dec 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
HIS RIGHTHAND MAN is the first instalment in Grace Deleesie’s new series Brides-a cross between historical romance and a little bit of fantasy. With close to 500 pages in the first storyline HIS RIGHTHAND MAN is just the beginning of a saga about a war between countries, the love of family and the fight for the one who has stolen your heart. This is Angela and Konner’s storyline.

The premise follows Angela of Rom as she endeavors to hide in plain site. Hoping to protect her fifteen year old broth
Wendy
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: war, romance
In “His Righthand Man” Grace M.DeLessie sets the stage for war and romance as Angela, the daughter of Duke Gregory of Rom a wounded war hero leaves her father’s protection to train in the King’s army disguised as her estranged brother “Phil”. Under the command of her betrothed, Captain Konner of Hoyts, a man she’s never met, Phil becomes a warrior known for his expertise as an archer but hiding a secret from the intriguing man she constantly clashes with.

Hating the betrothal agreed to by his fat
Leah
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I wholeheartedly loved reading this book! I laughed, I cried, I ran the gambit with this one! I must have the next book!

Bravo, Grace DeLeesie!
Paula Genereau
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow. This book is great. Angela and Conner have to remember that he was born to fight and he can't get distracted by love. But will he keep his head straight enough to fight without getting killed ?
Maria
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
A war is brewing. Tensions rise between opposing kingdoms. Warriors prepare for battle.

Konnor, one of the greater warriors of Hoyts, has never been more excited. He can't wait to put his incredible fighting skills to use.
While for Angela of Rom this is an unexpected but necessary fight, to protect her younger brother and honour her people as a successor to her father, the great Gregory of Rom.

Angela and Konnor are to be wed. But due to some circumstances, the first time they set eyes on each ot
Costa
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy from the author for an honest review.

I have always been a fan of strong female leads supported by a fascinating male character. Konner and Angela in the beginning were like water and oil, but slowly they began to come together. I loved how strong Angela was for her family, their own guardian angel. Konner was the giant bully that became her personal shield. It was hard not to fall for him as she did. I was very impressed by the secondary story following the first and wond
Lise
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved the story of Angela & Konner. I can't wait to find out what happens between Richard and Phillipa.
Sara
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great family story. Angela's a strong lead with a true heart. Konner overcomes his own fears in time to see the beautiful woman before him. Well written.
Thank you.
Kaila
May 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
this was an interesting story. it had some twists i didnt see coming. it had amazing characters and storyline and the writing was very well done. im glad i got to review it
Aslan
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's amazing how two different people can be so right for each other. When the book first started out, I was actually thinking that maybe Angela and Richard would somehow get together. Konner just seemed so opposite of Angela. But then time went on and Grace M. DeLeesie drove the two characters together in such a beautiful way that I was so grateful towards the end that they finally got to be together.
I hope there is going to be a sequel to this book. If so, I look forward to it. Five stars all
Atwood
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I read it in a single night: I couldn't put it down. Please don't make me wait too long for the sequel.
Dustin Quik
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 stars all the way! I am definitely becoming a fan of this author for my daughter.
I hear a sequel is coming for this book. I look forward to reading it too.
Shireen Nemnich
Oct 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
His RightHand Man is a five star book all the way. I truly enjoyed reading this book. I was told it was a Young Adult book that adults will enjoy, but it just didn't seem like a Young Adult to me. It was rich with characterization and I found myself not putting the book down. I enjoyed that her characters were believable and yet there was this air of fantasy that kept me on my toes wondering what could happen next.

I found her prose to be smooth and very readable. Although her story stretched out
Piper W.
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was given "His RightHand Man" as a gift from a friend. At first I didn't think it would be a book I would enjoy because it's audience base is supposed to be YA. However, I was instantly entranced by Angela's bravery. She reminded me a lot of Disney's Mulan, which is one of my favorite childhood movies.

I was also captivated by the developing relationship between Angela and Kon. While a part of me feels that he should have known sooner, the other finds it hopelessly romantic that he didn't. I d
Nadine
May 14, 2017
Tammi
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I think I fell in love with Konner! If he wasn't fictional, I'd want him for myself.

Angela and Konner are both fighters, and I think that is one of the reasons they fit so well together. Both are willing to stand up for what they believe in, no matter what. That strength brings them closer as warriors but even more so as a couple. They are likely two of my favorite fictional characters.

I can't wait for book 2!
Harley
May 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
A friend recommended this book because I love historical romances. I loved the story and the characters. Angela and Conner were wonderful together.
The 4 star vs. 5 star was because it was a cliffhanger ending. Still, a very good read and I would recommend it.
Meghan
May 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It was funny and romantic. Even though it took place during a war, it still was uplifting and kept me interested. I was rooting for Angela and Konner from Day 1. They just had that chemistry.

I received a free copy from the author in the hopes of an honest review.
Appifany
May 09, 2018
Blue_Fila
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy from the author in exchange for an honest review:

A wonderful read! I was drawn in immediately & held to the end. I wish there was a sequel already published.
I will tell all my friends about this book.
Y
rated it it was ok
Aug 06, 2018
Grace M. DeLeesie
Oct 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Mskychick
Nov 30, 2017
Tina Williams
May 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great read from GMD! I was sucked right in and held to the end. I wish the sequel was out so I could know the conclusion but will have to wait impatiently.
Angela and Konner were so great together and I want to know what happens between Philipa and Richard! I would definitely recommend this book to my friends.
Julia David
May 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Angela has always wanted to be trained as a warrior, but it is unheard of for women to be involved in combat. She is an excellent archer. She decides to became a man and fight. She succeeds for a while. She does run into Konner, her betrothed, and becomes friends with him, as Phil. As they get to know each other, Angela finds she really loves Konner and he feels the same way. Now all she has to do is tell him her true identity.
Cat Crandall