Start by marking “I Didn't Come Here to Make Friends: Confessions of a Reality Show Villain” as Want to Read:
I Didn't Come Here to Make Friends: Confessions of a Reality Show Villain

I Didn't Come Here to Make Friends: Confessions of a Reality Show Villain

Courtney Robertson joined season 16 of The Bachelor looking for love. A working model and newly single, Courtney fit the casting call: She was young, beautiful, and a natural in front of the cameras. Although she may have been there for all the right reasons, as the season unfolded and sparks began to fly something else was clear: She was not there to make friends.

Courtney
Published June 24th 2014 by It Books

Carla Karp
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
6 stars. An absolute must-read for fans of Bachelor Nation. This book is funny and sad, and really gives a lot of behind-the-scenes info. I couldn't put it down, and it made me a genuine fan of Maneater Courtney. I hope she finds love. By the way, I'm not sorry or ashamed about how much I loved this book. Not at all.
Nicole
Jun 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Courtney Robinson Robertson was the girl we loved to hate. I'm a big fan of the Bachelor/ette franchise as a general rule, but Courtney really brought the kind of pain to the show that hooked us viewers in. I started off this review saying she was demonized, but I think everybody's aware, especially herself, that she was fully aware of her own behaviors and how they affected people.

Anyway, this is not a review on Courtney's personality flaws, but the book she wrote highlighting her life thus far
Kerry Casey
Well, what did I really expect from this book? Courtney comes off as shallow and self-absorbed as what viewers saw on S16 of 'The Bachelor'. First of all someone show this girl what 'poor' really means.
"Growing up I didn't realize how poor our family was, sometimes I'd have to cancel gymnastics because we couldn't afford the dues" - Oh cry me a river, girl please get your head together. That really rubbed me the wrong way.

Aside from a misguided understanding of universal issues, Courtney procee
T
Jun 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Leave your brain and good taste at the door. This is the epitome of a frothy, summery beach read -- only with more bite (and quite possibly leaving you in need of a topical cream).

If you're a Bachelor/Bachelorette fan, you will want to read this. But don't admit out loud to anyone that you are, in fact, reading it. 2 words: guilty pleasure.
Nancy
Jun 22, 2014 rated it liked it
I didn't plan on reading this book. Full disclosure here - while my sisters organize parties and DVR episodes, I'm not invited. Because I keep asking questions like, "So why do we not like her?"

That said, I did watch the Final Rose episode with my sister and friend. I also saw snippets of Women Tell All. I had also caught snippets of conversations in real life so I knew that Lindzi was the favorite and Courtney was the mean girl. Regardless of those snippets, my biases going into the book were
Lee
Aug 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: memoirs, celebs
I will read any tell-all about Bachelor Nation. I am here for the wrong reasons, but I am here nonetheless.
Peaches
May 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Bachelor fans!
I'm pretty picky about what I give 5 stars to, but this book is everything I was looking for when I read the description (and what was lacking in Holly Madison's memoir). As someone who has watched The Bachelor for 10+ years and is obsessed with Lifetime's Unreal series, I wanted the details, scandal, and backstories that created this train wreck of a show, and Courtney delivered. Thank you, Courtney, for telling me about tattooed eyeliner, laxative issues on group dates, sex scandals, and pug b ...more
Barbara Kinsky
Jul 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: auto-biographies
As a huge bachelor fan, I could not resist reading this book even though I was sceptical and not a fan of Courtney Robertson. She has changed my view of her. If I can describe her in two words it would be FUNNY and TRUTHFUL! I also loved reading about what happens behind the scenes of the reality programme. At the end of the day, all she wanted was somebody to respect and love her for what she is. Big ups to Courtney.
Elizabeta
Jun 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Diary of bad decisions, delusional thinking and bad parents.
Erin
Jul 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
I almost want to give this four stars for how engaging she is, and how I laughed out loud more times than I did during Jim Gaffigan's and Amy Poehler's books, combined. In fact, oh fuck it, four stars. Gooooooodbye credibility.
Holly Noelle
Oh how entertaining this was.

This has to be one of the most ridiculous shows in the history of television, but it's such a guilty a pleasure. I remember watching this season and hating on this chick - my mother and I were relentless, along with the rest of the viewers.

When I heard she wrote this book, I was so amused if only because she seemed like the type that would reveal everything. And she did! Unlike other recent D-list celebrities that have written their memoirs and pretending they would
Dana
Jun 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
I read it in 2 days, a sure way to tell I enjoyed the book. It was an interesting and fun read and I think any fan of the Bachelor/Bachelorette would love it. Yes, even though I read RealitySteve this book revealed a lot more.

Having said that, I don't know what is the reason Courtney wrote the book. Get back at Ben? Get 15 more minutes in the spotlight? Needed the cash? If it's the 3rd reason, then more power to her. However, I don't feel she has redeemed herself in this book. To me she comes a
Lindsay Mckeever
Jun 25, 2014 rated it did not like it
Definitely a guilty pleasure but I wanted my mind to be changed about how I perceived Courtney. Unfortunately, she is the same girl from the show. This book was nothing but her being a bully again.
Crystal Osmond
Jul 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
I read a lot of books and have never written a review on any. I watched Ben and Courtney's season and the ladies on the show for the most part were catty and immature. I have to admit I was not a huge fan of Courtney until toward the end of the show and was really hoping it would work for her and Ben. Courtney is right though you don't go on a show like that to make friends with everyone. It seems that maybe Courtney's humor and personality were misunderstood due in most part to the other ladies ...more
Leslie
Feb 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-reads
Not gonna lie, I'm fascinated by behind-the-scenes stuff about the Bachelor. The best part of the show for me is trying to identify manipulation and creative editing. This book got into great detail about the structure of the show behind the camera, and I ate it up. It also got into a lot of juicy tidbits about what wasn't shown on the screen, and although I kind of ate that up, too, I took it with a grain of salt. This is one woman's biased version of the story, although I certainly think that ...more
Jenny Bunting
It's no secret I am a huge Bachelor/Bachelorette fan. I watched Ben's season and I HATED Courtney but I had weird mixing feelings at After the Final Rose. I knew something was off and I felt genuinely bad for her.

While I do feel that you can't be painted as the villian without giving them some material, I do think Courtney got a bad rap. I do get the sense that her feelings were genuine toward Ben and I do feel badly about how it happened.

I live for these tell-alls but I have a feeling I will
Cathy L
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked the book, I didn't realize how much went into making the bachelor and how much time they really didn't spend with each other you cant possibly get to know someone and fall in love with them that fast.I feel like Courtney did get a bad rap when she was on there and Ben is an ass I don't believe he had any feelings for her at all. She shouldn't have stayed with him he mad a fool of her so shame on you Ben.
April Kyle Nassi
Jul 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
I remember watching Ben's season of the Bachelor and, like most people, being convinced Courtney was a terrible awful person. Of course we all know editing plays a big role in those perceptions so I was curious to hear her side of the story. This was a very engaging read and very interesting to get the real scoop. The writing style is very conversational and peppered with jokes. If you're a fan of the Bachelor/ette franchise you'll enjoy getting your fix in book form!
Joce (squibblesreads)
Sam
Nov 10, 2014 rated it liked it
It was better than I thought it would be. Occasionally obnoxious, but a decent behind the scenes look at a reality dating show, which is the only reason I read it.
Michelle
Sep 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, ebooks
Women have served all these centuries as looking glasses possessing the magic and delicious power of reflecting the figure of man at twice its natural size. ~ Virginia Woolf (1882-1941) ~

In this exciting, fascinating, and highly entertaining "I Didn't Come Here To Make Friends: Confessions of A Reality Show Villain" Courtney Robertson (CR) dishes truthfully about her experience of falling in love with bachelor Ben Flajnik (BF) on the 16th season of the Bachelor reality TV series, also the before
etherealfire
Sep 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kindle library e-book. True Confessions: The Bachelor/Bachelorette Series is one of my most embarrassing guilty pleasures. It's about as "real" as any reality series, which is to say, while not completely scripted many of the ridiculous things that happen while filming are contrived and characters are built upon very exaggerated foibles and flaws of the cast. Even knowing all this, I am still mostly addicted to this OTT ridiculous series and the rare happy endings such as with my very favorite c ...more
Jessica
Jul 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read this book not expecting to like it nearly as much as I did, and dare I say even felt a bit inspired by Courtney's journey. I mean if she can overcome being the most hated contestant in Bachelor history well....

Regardless if Courtney wrote this book to gain sympathy, I did sympathize with her. We've all made mistakes and there are a lot of women out there who are/have been nasty b*tches to other women (the other contestants on her season included). I do not believe she deserved to be treat
Angela Hart
Dec 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was pleasantly surprised by this read. I liked how the book traces Courtney's entire "Bachelor" journey from the interview to the end of her relationship with Ben. Courtney looked back on her life with a critical and analytical lens, making this memoir rather insightful. In regards to the writing, Courtney and Deb included lists along the way to break up the narrative and make the reader laugh. The tone was humorous and enjoyable - like watching the show.
Also, I will note, the celebrity name d
Rio (Lynne)
Going into this, I didn't expect a well written auto-biography. As predicted Courtney's journal-style tell all, was exactly what I expected. She was the so called "bad girl" chosen by Ben in The Bachelor. She starts with her childhood and no one is safe. She throws everyone under the bus, including herself. This is a total train wreck, but a must read for all of us "guilty pleasure" Bachelor fans. The inside scoop on the show is worth picking up the book. I actually found my myself Youtubing her ...more
Lisa
Sep 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-owned
Let's go with 3.5 stars. What do you really expect out of a book about a Bachelor contestant? It was fairly entertaining but also kind of proves the type of people they put on the show. I liked that she started off with her life before the Bachelor and then went into the details of her season and then after the show. I'm sure that's how a lot of the couples that get engaged on the show feel afterward. Although according to Courtney, Ben was definitely emotionally and verbally abusive to her whic ...more
Sheenah
Jul 07, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
This was a super quick read. I had to really think back to who the people were in her season on The Bachelor, but once I remembered them, it was interesting to read about the dynamics in the house from Courtney's point of view. I was not a fan of Ben on this season, and what Courtney wrote just confirmed what I thought.
Sarah at Sarah's Book Shelves
Some bratty moments, but definitely juicy and tons of awesome behind-the-scenes juice on how things really work in Bachelor world.

A fun listen.
Eve
This was a very fun, light read! I really enjoyed reading about the relationships she had with famous people, especially Jesse Metcalfe, and reading the behind the scenes things from her season of The Bachelor. I wish I had rewatched her season before reading it, because I don't remember the people she talks about at all. Definitely need to rewatch it and then possibly reread those chapters.

I think she does a decent job of recognizing her faults, though there were some side comments she made tha
Kricket
I haven't watched the Bachelor in several years, partially because I felt like the show really peaked in Ben Flajnik's season and was a letdown after that. And my favorite part of Ben Flajnik's season was loving to hate Courtney Robertson, so listening to her stumble through reading her own audiobook is deliciously dishy. (Did she not have a producer to help her re-record things when her mouth got all muddled?) (Ok, she does say that she might have dyslexia so now I feel medium bad about that co ...more

• The Krampus and the Old, Dark Christmas: Roots and Rebirth of the Folkloric Devil
  • Poems Bewitched and Haunted
  • Layered: Baking, Building, and Styling Spectacular Cakes
  • The Chocolate Tin
  • The Cosy Christmas Teashop
  • A Taste for Nightshade
  • For the Right Reasons: America's Favorite Bachelor on Faith, Love, Marriage, and Why Nice Guys Finish First
  • City of Secrets
“It's funny how you repeat behavior, even when you know it's bad for you, because it's the only thing you know. It's like a comfortable misery.” 1 likes
“When Ben arrived, he was having a bad hair day. He looked like Francine from those Arthur cartoons on PBS, and yet I was still very attracted to him.” 1 likes