Start by marking “Pete the Cat: Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star” as Want to Read:
Pete the Cat: Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star

Pete the Cat: Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star

(Pete the Cat)

Twinkle, twinkle, little star, how I wonder what you are!

Sing along with Pete the Cat on his groovy adaptation of the classic children's bedtime song "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star."
Audiobook
Published May 27th 2014 by HarperFestival

To ask other readers questions about Pete the Cat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pete the Cat

Start your review of Pete the Cat: Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star
Abigail
Jul 17, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Pete the Cat / Readers Looking for a Picture-Book Version of the Classic Song
Using the classic English children's lullaby as his text, artist James Dean creates another fun little Pete the Cat book. The bright and colorful illustrations depict that cool cat coming home and getting ready for bed, before drifting off to sleep with the words of the song being incorporated into his dream...

One of a number of these smaller song-based picture-books - Pete the Cat: The Wheels on the Bus , Pete the Cat: Old MacDonald Had a Farm - this title uses the full text of the lulla
Mama Bibliosoph
These singalong books in the Pete the Cat series don't rock the boat too much with new twists. But that's the point. They are designed to introduce traditional children's songs.

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (my personal favorite of the bunch) features the full lyrics of the original 19th century poem, not the abbreviated one. The illustrations show Pete coming home from school and going through his nighttime routine with his family. It's a perfect bedtime book that ends in a dreamy, fantastical mo
Stephanie  Weatherly
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Although it is not my favorite Pete the Cat book, my littlest enjoyed singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" along with the book. ...more
Kersten
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My kids love this book
Margie
Jul 16, 2014 rated it it was ok
Pete seems to have lost his catattitude. Though this book is somewhat interesting as it includes all stanzas of the Twinkle, Twinkle nursery song, Pete's take seems to be lackluster. Fans will appreciate another Pete book but otherwise there's nothing fantastic here. ...more
Jessica
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was ok
Eh, this is not the best in the Pete the Cat world. The pictures don't match up with the text, and it just feels a little boring. Pete the Cat should be groovy, not boring. ...more
Caitlin
Nov 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: songs
Pete the Cat: Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star by James Dean is appropriate for grade level Pre K-2. In the book, James Dean tells the classic Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, but with a twist. Dean includes poetic corresponding words along with end rhymes. This twist about the tiny spark in the sky refers to the star in the sky, where Pete the Cat is wondering what it is. Pete the Cat couldn't find his way unless he has the star through his curtains. I love Pete the Cart books and this is the first ti ...more
Taylor Meier
Pete the Cat Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star written by James Dean was a book that I feel an elementary class can relate to. This book mentions the nursery rhyme Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star which a lot of young children may know. However, I do not feel that I would read this story to my students. I really didn't feel like there was a purpose or overall message to this story that I would be able to discuss with my class. This book may be one that students could read during their silent reading tim ...more
Meg McGregor
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
The girls were simply mesmerized by Pete's nighttime activities, while I was singing the word,s to the traditional and much loved, Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star!

One or the other kept saying, "I do that!" while Pete was having his dinner, taking his bath, putting on his pajamas, reading books with Mom, and then going to sleep, having fantastic dreams!

I do like, that Mr. Dean included, the original verses! I love learning something new from a "children's book!"

The illustrations were wonderful, eye
Rovona Clark
When you were very little (< 4 weeks old), you had to be in a Pavlik harness for almost three months. Usually you were fine with it. It was much harder for us seeing you in it.

Anyway, one night in September or October, you were not happy when I was putting it on before bed. Mom grabbed this book, and we sung it to you while I put it on. And here we are: A little over 9 months old, and reading/singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star with Pete the Cat is part of the nightly standard bedtime routine.

L
May 01, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
We loved Pete and his buttons and shoes, but the subsequent ones lack much of the charm. This, for instance, feels particularly lackluster. Pete is shown getting ready for bed, a star stuck somewhere on each page, with almost the traditional lyrics to Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star. Where the words have been changed, it often makes them fit poorly to the music.

For a more whimsical and captivating set of illustrations to this song, I recommend Jerry Pinkney's Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star.
Becky B
Pete the Cat goes about his nighttime routine singing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star."

I'd never heard many of the words here, but I did a little research and evidently the original song did have five stanzas though most of us only know the first one. Dean has included the entire original here. A nice bedtime book for Pete the Cat fans or those who want to learn ALL the words to "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star."
Michele Galvin
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: c-nursery-rhymes
Appropriate for grades pre-k-1

This book is a twist on the classic twinkle twinkle little star. Pete talks about all the star does and how it is helpful, but does not know what it is.

Children love Pete the Cat. It a familiar character to them, and they know it is going to be a fun book, so it keeps them engaged.

You can use this book when talking about stars. Ask them what they know about stars and what they think a star is. Can also ask about why stars are helpful.
Cindy
Jun 28, 2020 rated it liked it
This is one of a newer series of books for young children to enjoy. I especially enjoy the visually bright and lively illustrations. I am a cat person (like all animals) so this is the series I used for storytelling. The particular book is not one of my favorites (there are better titles such as the missing button), but this series can be counted on to feature good messages for kids in an enjoyable fashion.
Sean Congemi
Pete the Cat: Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star is a nursery rhyme book that comes from a long line of Pete the Cat books. This Pete the Cat books invites kids to sing along to a very popular nursery rhyme that everyone should know.
Cynda
Oct 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Pete the Cat so loves the twinkling stars of night that he just talks and talks about stars to the stars, to spelling list and his mom together, at the supper table, on and on. He has discovered stars.
Holli
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-books
You know, I never knew this poem went beyond the first verse. I was pleasantly surprised to learn I was wrong.
Mosley Allen
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: children
Seems to me like they are running out of things to write about Pete so they are just doing song with a small twist and they really are not that great.
Molly Smith
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another cute illustrative song with Pete the Cat. I enjoyed the additional lyrics as well as the pictures. My toddler loves to "sing" along as well. A fun read for parents and toddlers. ...more
Kelly Scott
Sep 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pete the Cat is alway cool. We like the artwork. My 2 year old really likes airplanes right now so he got excited watching Pete fly in the airplane (which is really a rocket ship)
Nicole
Oct 02, 2017 rated it liked it
I love pete the cat! I wish he would've switched up the words a bit more , but the illustrations were great! A good board book for the little ones! ...more
Lisa
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very cute.
Marcus
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Marcus Loves this book. It is a bit awkward to sing out loud.
Amy
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
Learned there's more to twinkle, twikle, little star than just 1 verse! ...more
Seth
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-ish
I love Pete the Cat. He's such a good, wholesome, character and I LOVE reading his stories and watching his videos with kids. It's any easy and fun way to connect with them! ...more
Pete the cat sings Twinkle Twinkle Little Star all throughout his day. Includes all the verses to the song! Who knew!
Megan
Feb 19, 2019 rated it did not like it
I thought this one was pretty boring. My kid didn't seem to be into it either. It's a shame because Pete the cat is awesome. ...more
Alyssa Tabor
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Might work for storytime, but veers quite a bit from the original song, so will be more difficult to do.
N
This was... weird.
Lynn  Davidson
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story can be sung to the tune of "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" as Pete the Cat wonders about the stars. Fun illustrations. ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Pete the Cat: Too Cool for School
  • Can I Play Too? (Elephant & Piggie, #12)
  • Three Cheers for Kid McGear!
  • From Head to Toe
  • We are in a Book! (Elephant & Piggie, #13)
  • The Pout-Pout Fish
  • Hooray for Amanda & Her Alligator!
  • The Three Ninja Pigs
  • Snowballs
  • There Was an Old Astronaut Who Swallowed the Moon!
  • Pancakes, Pancakes!
  • The Fat Cat Sat on the Mat
  • Click, Clack, Quack to School!
  • Touch the Brightest Star
  • Pete the Cat's 12 Groovy Days of Christmas
  • The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything
  • Silly Sally
  • There's a Nightmare in My Closet

Pete the Cat (1 - 10 of 43 books)
  • Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes