Start by marking “Toxic (Pretty Little Liars, #15)” as Want to Read:
Toxic (Pretty Little Liars, #15)

Toxic

(Pretty Little Liars #15)

One A has been captured…but the most dangerous A of all is still out there in the penultimate installment in Sara Shepard's #1 New York Times bestselling Pretty Little Liars series.

High school seniors Aria, Emily, Spencer, and Hanna barely survived their most recent encounter with A. And it's not over yet…. The police don't believe there's another, deadlier, A out there, b
Published June 3rd 2014 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about Toxic, please sign up.
Sonata Wilson
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

hayden
Nov 02, 2013 marked it as to-not-read
I've done it, you guys. It's done.

I've finally given up on the Pretty Little Liars franchise.

I have officially decided that after thirteen books, if I'm still waiting and begrudgingly handing over $17.99 a pop to see where this dumb, drawn-out series goes, it's just not worth it. I bet even Shepard herself is getting depressed over the amount of story that is missing from the series.

The eighth book definitely should've been the last one. I'm so proud of myself for finally giving up.

Old Review, P
Dec 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
Plot Spoiler: Noel Kahn gets so frustrated that he hasn't been killed off yet that he goes on a killing spree and ends it with bombing the entire town and Rosewood is blown to smithereens, including Ali and all her helpers.

But wait! They were actually TRIPLETS!! Stay tuned for another 70+ books!
Erin
Nov 21, 2013 rated it liked it
A FIFTHTEENTH BOOK?!?! ARE YOU INSANE?!?!?

It wasn't even enjoyable! The entire time, I was thinking, "Wow, she really knows how to repeat a storyline." Since I've stuck through all this, I'm going to read the final book. But if I were you and you had yet to start the series, don't waste your time.
Ashley
Before Reading

Me when I found out they're extending the series, again.

After Reading

Here's the only thing I have to say to the four Liars:

description

At this point, wouldn't you think the girls would have gotten smarter? Just a little bit? Of course not!

By the way, who makes cults for certified psychopaths? Is this an actual thing?
Ciara
Mar 09, 2014 marked it as to-read
My great grandchildren will have died and this series won't even be halfway done.
Therealbadkitty
*EDIT 6/10/14* Wow now that I've read this pointless filler of absolutely nothing I
What the actual fuck Sara Shepard? Really???? REALLLY???!! You need to stop now, you are giving P.C Cast and Cassandra Clare a run for their money in the cash cow milking department. This series was good while it lasted, but now it's just getting ridiculous. Please just stop, you've done enough, it's time to end this series already. I fear you have an unhealthy attachment.
Tessa
Oct 14, 2013 marked it as to-read
ahh to hell with this
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Gia
Jan 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*Sigh* you guys do realize you don't have to read it right? If you really hate them that much just don't read them and wait until the last one. I for one really enjoy this series and hope there are more to come after #16. I agree that it's a large number for a book series but I find great entertainment in these and hope to be reading them for a long time :)
**Spoilers**

Are you freaking kidding me Sara Shepard?

Okay, I’ve read all 16 books prior to this (14 books + 2 novel length extra books), and I have liked some books, not been overly impressed with others, and loved others. Up until now I was pretty sure that the story about Aria running away to Atlantic City to marry her ex-boyfriend, and then letting lose some tigers was the worse part of this series, but I’m reconsidering that now, because this book was not good.

Firstly we had the four girls –
Just Me
Sep 30, 2013 marked it as other
I just saw this on Goodreads. My response:

HA! I knew it! No way would the series end on Book 14.

Okay. There's still hope for a book in this series to be called "Diabolical" or something.

I attempted to bet someone that this series would eventually reach 24 books. After seeing that there were more after #14, she did not take the bet. :)

Edit 10/13/13:

Toxic? I give up on "Diabolical." Oh, well. Maybe book 36 will finally use that title.
Alyssa Calloway
Everyone has been complaining that this series has been dragged on and I will be honest, I never minded because I was still enjoying the series. Yes, it was getting ridiculous, yes it's obvious Sara Shepard is milking this series, but I really didn't mind especially because I believed Deadly (#14) would be the last book.

Guess not.

And now I'm annoyed.
Anushka
Dec 03, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: chick-lit, ya
Oh God, there is going to be another one??!
Who is publishing this? Like, seriously?

Natalieee
Jan 13, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: gave-up
Book 15???
Sara Shepard enough is enough.
Abbie
Jun 05, 2014 rated it it was ok
Toxic was defiantly the worst book out of the series!

Hanna, Spencer, Emily and Aria are all idiots.
Every time they came up with plans to catch Ali, i felt like banging my head against a wall.

photo tumblr_lw9nfgfg4z1qjokxe.gif

All of their plans were stupid, and i haven't got a clue why they thought they would work.

It's also really annoying that these girls have learnt nothing from their mistakes. Why are they still trusting people so easily? Why aren't they more wary when it comes to believing things?

I wasn't impressed by the e
Kayla Ashley
Oct 05, 2013 rated it did not like it
Wow. I don't know what to say. You would think that after 15 books these girls would have a little bit of common sense. They don't. Honestly... I can't even justify giving this 2 stars because this book was all filler. I saw every "twist" coming and we learned absolutely nothing new. You could probably just read the last paragraph of this one and move on to the next book....

These books are a guilty pleasure and I can appreciate them for what they are. This one is just not up to par with the othe
Kate ♡
Jun 23, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-read
Toxic by Sara Shepard
book 15 in the Pretty Little Liars series

Actual Rating: 3.5/5 stars
This instalment started off a little slow, but still held my interest the entire time, most of the story was building up to the ending, in which built up to the final book... if that makes sense, haha

Once again, I found myself creeped out, and I should not read these so late into the night...because it makes getting up to pee that much harder...

This book was good, but not as good as the last 3 I've read from
Geraldine O'Hagan
Apr 27, 2015 rated it did not like it
Tony
Dec 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unlike everyone else in this fandom, I am sad to see this series end. I would be happy while reading book 77 about a becoming a nurse at the girls' nursing home. You say you are a fan of the series, but you make that hard to tell when you complain about not only the book series, but the tv show as well. I want them to stretch this out as far as possible, and I don't care who it pisses off. These books are my life, and I never want to give them up.
Emerald
Jan 19, 2016 rated it liked it
“If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?”

Faye

There will be spoilers for people who haven't caught up to Toxic yet. There will be no spoilers for this book.

I honestly have no idea why I keep on reading this series. It's dragged on for such a long time, but the series is a total guilty pleasure of mine. Thank goodness that there's only one book left in the series. (Or so they say).

This wasn't the best out of the Pretty Little Liars Series. These four girls have been through so much. They should know that the police won't believe an
Luz
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it

This was supposed to happen... After everything these girls have been through they were still smiling... Ali needed more than that!!

I really don't know how they are going to get out of this, this time they really screwed up... They fell right into it...

I love everything Ali does to these girls!! It's so much fun to read but I get very angry thinking of how stupid they are sometimes... Is so frustrating!!

I love this series, like I said before is a totally guilty pleasure!!

✨Jinglemarco✨  Маркуша - Мишутка (Nursery rhymes enthusiast)*

3.5 stars.

Honestly I think this Toxic is the ghost of the previous novels, but I found it still quite engrossing (though a little flat sometimes).
And now I'm positive: Agent Fuji is an Ali Cat!

///

YAAAAAAYYYY. How can I wait? I have no idea. ;D

I'm a proud hard-die fan of this amazing series, which is more and more good each book, despite what people write. Better than hundreds of sagas out there.
Stephanie
Jun 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing book as always! I can't wait to read the last book and see what happens. That cliffhanger though :)
Trina (Between Chapters)
I enjoyed what the girls were up to and how A was tormenting them in this book more than I've enjoyed the story lines in most of this second half of the series. However, there was a lot of me screaming "don't do that!" at them. It was like watching a scary movie when you know the killer is inside the house and the character just locked themselves in and as a viewer you just want to scream at them to run. I mean, sure, that's kind of the gist of this series and part of what's enjoyable about it i ...more
Angharad
Nov 03, 2013 marked it as to-read
I don't mind when authors write ridiculous amounts of books in one series, as long as the books continue to be interesting and exciting. I can't say that of Pretty Little Liars anymore. I loved the books so much, up until book eight, and now I find myself slowly losing interest - so much so that I haven't even read Crushed yet and I don't think I'll get around to it, never mind Deadly, Toxic and the inevitable Book 16.
Jenn
Whyyyyyy does this book exist??? Most people, when bad things happen to them, get smarter. Not these girls, nope, they just get more dumb. How they are not locked up is against me. Also, this book takes many liberties with how law enforcement handles literally anything. But sure Shepard, you do you.

It's in this book that we learn about the Ali Cats - a group of online trolls who worship everything about Ali and want justice for her. Again, sure, why not? But here's the thing, knowing that this g
Alex
Oct 22, 2013 rated it liked it
What in the hell. I thought #14 would finally be the last one, but.....

UPDATE:

It's no secret that this series should have ended a long time ago. Nonetheless, I find myself unable to stop reading them. It's a guilty pleasure of mine for sure, and I do find myself scouring the library shelves for the new books as soon as they come out.

I thought the last book was actually pretty decent, and I was interested to see what would happen in this one. Well the answer is: not much.

(view spoiler)
Nicole
Dec 11, 2018 added it
I feel like one of these girls has to be helping her. To know everything that she knows I mean Ali is unwell I don't believe for a second shes smarter than all of them put together. They keep getting themselves in these horrible situations. Poor girls. Poor Emily I feel like she has had it the worst the last few works.
Sophia
Dec 07, 2013 rated it did not like it
This book was SO SO boring!!! All of the girls are SUCH IDIOTS!!!!!!

Every time they try to do anything to expose Ali they get bitten by the invisible girl who can be in all places at once!!!!

Also, they do the same mistakes again and again… every time! Why do they still trust people so easily? Have they learned nothing from their mistakes??? And how a mental patient like Ali can convince people to do her biding, even commit murder, (ahh….what???), that easily??? And how is it possible to go fro
A Million More Pages: 15 - Toxic (PLL): Oct 15 3 10 May 12, 2015 01:52PM
Who has read this book? 2 5 Mar 07, 2015 09:20PM
Who has read this book? 1 4 Mar 06, 2015 01:39PM
Who has read this book? 1 4 Feb 11, 2015 11:30AM
toxic 2 6 Jan 28, 2015 07:22AM
YA lovers <3: Toxic 2 10 Jul 07, 2014 11:42PM
Crazy for Young A...: Toxic (Pretty Little Liars #15) by Sara Shepard → Start Date: June 18th, 2014 53 56 Jun 25, 2014 05:06AM
  • Pure Sin (Privilege, #5)
  • yolo (Internet Girls, #4)
  • Web of Darkness
  • Love the One You're With (Gossip Girl: The Carlyles, #4)
  • Taurus Eyes (Star Crossed, #2)
  • Rosewood Confidential: The Unofficial Companion to Pretty Little Liars
  • Lulu Dark and the Summer of the Fox (Lulu Dark, #2)
  • Infamous (Fame Game, #3)
  • Unseen (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, #1)
Sara Shepard graduated from NYU and has an MFA from Brooklyn College. She has lived in New York City, Brooklyn, Tucson, Arizona, Philadelphia, and now lives in Pittsburgh, PA. Sara's Pretty Little Liars novels were inspired by her upbringing in Philadelphia's Main Line.

Pretty Little Liars (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Pretty Little Liars (Pretty Little Liars, #1)
  • Flawless (Pretty Little Liars, #2)
  • Perfect (Pretty Little Liars, #3)
  • Unbelievable (Pretty Little Liars, #4)
  • Wicked (Pretty Little Liars, #5)
  • Killer (Pretty Little Liars, #6)
  • Heartless (Pretty Little Liars, #7)
  • Wanted (Pretty Little Liars, #8)
  • Twisted (Pretty Little Liars, #9)
  • Ruthless (Pretty Little Liars, #10)
“If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?” 7 likes