Start by marking “Baby by Design (Designing Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
Baby by Design (Designing Love, #1)

Baby by Design

(Designing Love #1)

Trish DeVign knows what she needs to be single, successful and satisfied. She needs a baby. With recent relationships falling short of her expectations, she’s single by choice. With a thriving interior design company, she’s got successful covered. It’s the satisfied part that eludes her, and that’s her mother’s fault—not her adopted mother, but the mother who gave her away ...more
Published November 11th 2013 by Crimson Romance (first published November 4th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Baby by Design, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baby by Design

Jonel
Nov 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This novel was absolutely perfect. It left me laughing so hard at times that I could barely breathe. At others, it brought tears to my eyes. I ran the gamut of emotions throughout, from fear to angst to sadness to joy. I have read other works by Arden before, but this one tops them.

Arden uses very intricate and approachable descriptions that set the scene perfectly without hampering your imagination. She has a unique way of putting things that makes you feel and experience them alongside the ch
liz
Sep 30, 2013 rated it it was ok
I received a copy from the author for an honest review.

Tony is a sexy tattooed motorcycle dude. For this, I give thanks. I like him. I don't like his family dynamic as much. There's a lot of focus on Tony's wild and loose ways. What's lacking is evidence. Why is the family so judgmental? Especially his sister. He didn't want to take over the family business, so what? She CHOSE to. That doesn't explain the amount of animosity she seems to have. And he IS a business owner. The man isn't bopping fr
⚜️Trea
This was a cute little book that was a case of putting the cart before the horse. The heroine was rather concerned about her biological clock and the fact she was adopted and that she had no one biological to love her. The hero was sensitive, and yet oh so dangerous at the same time. He also had a big family that was great at meddling in the relationship that was trying to be built. Eventually, they got things into the proper order, but the story along the way was a touching one. A great short s ...more
Lustful Literature
Nov 20, 2013 rated it liked it
**JOSIE’S REVIEW**

*3.5 Stars*

Trish is so tired of the entire dating scene, that she no longer considers marriage a necessity anymore. She has been wanting to have a baby for the last couple of years, but the real problem is finding someone ready to have a baby with her. She has secretly wanted to have a big family who noticeably loves one another like her best friend Angie has. Trish has had a crush on her Angie’s brother, Tony, for a while. She starts to see Tony as a contender to father her ba
Corina
Nov 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Baby by Design

I absolutely adored this book!

Baby by Design by Elley Arden follows Trish DeVign, a successful interior designer who desperately wants to have a baby and what better way to have one then asking your best friends brother? If you could see me right now, you’d know I’m grinning. I genuinely enjoyed the plot of this story.

Trish was completely uptight and so high strung, but it was part of her charm and I liked how her character craved family. Even from the beginning of the story we got
Michele
Nov 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
** 3 1/2 Stars **
I received and ARC copy in exchange for an honest review.

This was a sweet story of two people coming together, at first just wanting something from the other, but end up finding love and happiness. I enjoyed reading the journey that Tony and Trish went on to get to their happily ever after.

Trish has wanted to have a baby for the last couple of years, and has been trying to find someone she could have a baby with. She’s gotten to the point that marriage isn't even a requiremen
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
This is the first book in Elley Arden's new series and I'm afraid it's my lowest rating yet. This story is light, well written for the most part and filled with laughter and emotion.

The story sweeps you along, almost to the point where you forget about the questions raised, like why is Tony despaired of by so many of his family? He's accused of being reckless and fancy free but the only thing that seems to back this up is that he has tattoos, rides a bike and hasn't married yet.

The relationship
Victoria Rainey
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romancebookworm
Wow!! Baby by Design is the first book in the Designing Love Book series by Elley Arden. I loved this story. I can’t wait to read more books in the series. Trish DeVign is single and was adopted. She has no biological family of her own and wants one. She wants a baby. Trish seems to have everything she wants but a child to call her own. Therefore, she approaches the one man who seems to be the perfect man to have a child with, Tony Corcarelli. Trish is an organized list-making woman.

Tony Corcare
Jen
Dec 17, 2013 rated it liked it
"Baby by Design" had two opposites with two separate goals in mind but with one means in order to achieve those goals. We have Tony Corcarelli, a furniture maker labeled by certain members of his family as irresponsible, and Trish DeVign, an interior designer who prefers having her life mapped out. Tony is the brother of Trish's best friend and someone who Trish has had a thing for for years.

Trish has always wanted her own family, what with being adopted and never knowing who her biological pare
Nikki Barrett
Dec 03, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5

Hear that? It's ticking....Is that a biological clock?

No, not particularly. Trish doesn't want a baby just because of her biological clock. She is single, and wants a blood relative to call her own. See, she's adopted, and as much as she loves her family, she needs someone that has a blood relation to her. And of course, babies are special, lovable and wonderful. So where's the prospects?

Not there, of course.

So, enter her best friend's brother. He's hot, single, and yeah, she's attracted to
Melinda Dozier
Nov 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Elley Arden does it again! She has such a way with her characters, it's mesmerizing. Tony, the hero in this story, is so much fun! I love that he's full of life and laughter. Unfortunately, his sister and other family members think he's never serious. Yet, he's serious when he wants to be.

In comes Trish, a friend of Tony's sister. Trish is the exact opposite of Tony. Serious, business oriented, reliable. But, Trish is about to shatter the put-together misconception when she asks Tony to be the
Zee Monodee
Aug 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, romance
The introduction to the Corcarelli clan, and Elley Arden starts off this series with a bang. Who doesn't love a tattoo-ed bad boy who, like the heroine Trish mentions, carries a sticky-handed kid while wearing a designer suit? Tony all but melted my heart, and yeah, sometimes I wanted to bash his family, especially Angie, for bringing him down as much as they do and tarring him so well as the black sheep of the family without really taking the time to get to know him properly.

But Trish sees beyo
Yazmin
Nov 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
In Baby by Design by Elley Arden, Trish DeVign knows what she wants and how she wants it. She knows that everything has to go according to plan. But no matter how successful she is in her business, she can’t seem to get what she wants in the relationship and satisfaction department. Every man she has dated only cares about their own needs and being on the good side of her adoptive parents, but none have wanted what she wants or cared for her enough. She has secretly desired her friend’s family o ...more
Renee Entress
Nov 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2013
4.7 Star Review - Baby by Design (Designing Love Book #1)

I recommend this book.

I enjoyed this book by Elley. This book includes passion, laughs, heartache, and a sweet love story.

Trish DeVign wants a baby. She is dating to try to get a man that is husband material so she can get married and have a baby. But her dates all turn out to be bad choices.

Tony Corcarelli is considered the family bad boy. His family thinks he is a screw up. But Trish thinks he is HOT.

Can the bad boy give her what she w
Gabby (What's Beyond Forks?)
Nov 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed

Full Review at: What's Beyond Forks?

Baby by Design is the first book in the Designing Love series by Elley Arden. This was a fun little read. The characters were easy to relate to and very likable. Tony was very swoon worthy. Italian guys are pretty hard to resist anyway, and Tony is no exception. Coming from an Italian family myself, it was fun to read about another Italian family and pick out the similarities. Trish and Tony come together for different reasons. Love not being one of them. Thou
Amanda R
Nov 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
This review can also be seen on www.chillreviews.blogspot.com.

I was sucked into this book from the start. I really liked that Tony didn't run away from Trish when she suggested that they have a baby. The bad boy aspect of the story was just enough that you knew he just had a reputation for being a bad boy but really was a good guy. Trish's mom was super annoying but I could tolerate her because her dad was down to earth. I could relate to the big family aspect of Tony's life, I have one myself a
Buffy Kennedy
Oct 20, 2014 rated it liked it
This was a cute story, though it definitely had its share of awkward moments. It was very predictable, but had a surprise or two. I didn’t get all the foundations for their personalities and the reasons they had to behave the way they sometimes did, but they were who they were and it still worked out as a story. Not an exceptional or stand out story, but still cute.

Baby by Design is a sweet story about family. Don’t miss out if you just want a nice, easy read with no gratuitous love scenes.
Buffy Kennedy
This was a cute story, though it definitely had its share of awkward moments. It was very predictable, but had a surprise or two. I didn 19t get all the foundations for their personalities and the reasons they had to behave the way they sometimes did, but they were who they were and it still worked out as a story. Not an exceptional or stand out story, but still cute.

Baby by Design is a sweet story about family. Don 19t miss out if you just want a nice, easy read with no gratuitous love scenes.
N. Kuhn
Nov 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
This was a toothachey sweet romance. It says sensual, but it was more like, meh. I felt with all the talk of how hot Tony was, that there could have been a lot more heat in this story! Don't get me wrong. It's a good book. There's the man falling for his sisters best friend. The best friend who falls for the brother and oh yea, everything is perfect right?! Happy ending after. It was mostly transparent and predictable. But it was a good read. If you want something sappy and sweet to pass an afte ...more
Kerry Richardson
Aug 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
A very enjoyable lighthearted book with lovely characters and a good story. I loved the chemistry between a playful Tony and straightlaced Trish, they worked so well together. Tony's sister Angie was a very mean and uptight woman and I'm wondering if the author will tell her story as I do feel that there is one there. I will definitely read this author again based on this book.
Rosemarie
Sep 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is another great book from Elley. Hope we don't have to wait to long for book 2. This is a must read you can't put it down as you love the characters Trish and Tony. You will love how they start this relationship and best of all how they end up. Baby Angelina is the icing on the cake for them :-)
Janet Rodman
Oct 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Review to follow
Alyssa
Jan 01, 2014 added it
Shelves: romance, skipped
thecpacing of the story in the beginning is too slow. i skipped a lot of pages because of Angie. i know she has issues but her nagging and bitter attitude is irritating.
✿kawehi.reviews
Oct 29, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc
I had received this book's ARC for the book tour but it ended up on my DNF pile. Reason being, it was too slow and there was not much plot period. Made it stale and boring for me.
Meetta
Aug 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
A quick, fun read. It was enjoyable. Loved the characters.
Rosann Panico
Very good

Very good book. I really like this author and plan on purchasing more of her books. Most of them sound very interesting.
Courtney
Apr 24, 2016
Regina
May 14, 2016
Olga
Jun 28, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Elley Arden is a born and bred Pennsylvanian who has lived as far west as Utah and as far north as Wisconsin. She drinks wine like it’s water (a slight exaggeration), prefers a night at the ballpark to a night on the town, and believes almond English toffee is the key to happiness.

Elley writes provocative, emotional, contemporary romances, where Mr. Not-My-Type ends up being Mr. Right.

Designing Love (2 books)
  • Marriage by Design (Designing Love, #2)