Start by marking “One Foot Onto the Ice” as Want to Read:
One Foot Onto the Ice

One Foot Onto the Ice

(Jenna and Susan #1)

Do you ever wonder how your old classmates remember you? Especially those who weren’t in your circle?

Susan Quinn, a teacher at St Wilfred’s All-Girls School, and Jenna James, a Club Ski instructor in the French Alps, are about to find out.

As an invisible bond draws the two women closer, will they appreciate each other for who they are now, not who they once were?

“One Fo
Published September 28th 2013 by K.A. Books Publishers

To ask other readers questions about One Foot Onto the Ice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Foot Onto the Ice

Start your review of One Foot Onto the Ice
Agirlcandream
Nov 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
Cute and lighthearted. A bit too YA and sophomoric for this old bird. When the twerking begins in earnest I began to skim the slapstick ending.
Ah to be a giggly 15 yr old again. Not.
Jane Shambler
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: teachers
Honestly?

Absolutely brilliant. I was a skier and it's true you can't describe that feeling off total freedom unless you've experienced it. It's a great story and so very well written. Kiki has an incredible writing style that has you hanging in there. It reminded me of all those school skiing trips I went on. The characters are so easy to connect with. The storyline is great. I'm guessing the author also attended those trips as she got the details right even the dumping of sandwiches and getting
Terry Baker
Oct 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Susan Quinn is a teacher at the exclusive, private all girls school, St Wilfred’s. The same school she had attended as a girl.

Jenna James is a Club Ski instructor in the French Alps. Jenna had also attended St Wilfred’s as a girl.

When the girls from St Wilfred’s arrive in Morzine, in the French Alps for their skiing trip, Susan, the lead teacher on the trip and Jenna, their guide, meet again for the first time in years. Although they were never friends at school, they find themselv
Tinything
May 31, 2018 marked it as on-hold-or-abandoned
Anja
Nov 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I don't know how to start. This was one of the best books I've read for a while, what a wonderful story. It was so entertaining, I laughed out loud not only once, but many times. The main characters and even most of the supporting characters were well-developed. Jenna, the carefree ski-instructor with a fear of commitment; Susan, the ugly duckling who turned out to be a moorhen, fearless teacher with a quirky self-perception; Ramsbottom, self-announced hero and irresistible womanizer (that' ...more
Karen
Nov 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so much I couldn't put it down! I read it on my Kindle, from cover to cover, in around five hours.

It was an easy read with lots of humour throughout. The scene in the bathroom caused me to laugh out loud and wince at the same time. I challenge any reader not to! I would also guess that most readers will actively dislike Professor Marcus Ramsbottom - what a despicable little man! I quickly became aware of the sneer creeping across my face each time he made an appearance - yuk!<
alex
Sep 28, 2019 rated it liked it
I think I just read books that are basically fanfic now ?
moxieBK
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My favorite (...so far...)

For whatever reason, this particular book is by far my favorite one so far written by Kiki Archer. I've read them all, but this one is my favorite.

I love the characters, how they complement and balance each other. I love the story that puts them together and pulls them apart. The emotions and experiences feel so real and personal that I ached for Susan and Jenna. Some of it was crazy. But it was personable too.

The antagonists were slimy enough to dislike. I never on
Hesch Aut
Jun 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Comical storytelling at its best. Very lively book! You'll be introduced to quirky characters, you will face hilarious situations and most importantly you will enjoy a romantic love story. This book feels as if you were actually watching a comedy on TV on a Saturday afternoon. Well, if it weren't for the sex scenes - with those it feels a bit more like a Saturday night and on pay TV ;-). Not complaining, though, not at all. It also might make you consider spending your next holidays on skies - o ...more
Emma
Apr 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
An entertaining, funny, and delightfully quirky romance. The characters are unique and have depth. It took me a few chapters to really get into the book but after that it was smooth sailing. Jenna is both hilarious and endearing and Susan's character development over time was lovely.
Sep 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable easy read.
Naomi Ford
Dec 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful

I adored most of the characters in this book and because of this once I started I literally did not put it down. definitely going to be looking out for this author.
Pinkdturtle tina
Jun 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Love Kiki's books, great characters esp Susan a lot of fun to read.
monica.b.czuba
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One Foot Into Ice

Good story this about a teacher who is taking a group of school children on a week's holiday ski ing. Years ago she earned the name quiffy at school.She meets the ski guide and finds out it's an old school mate. Where she is very. stuff and does not let her hair down. The guide is opposite . It's a funny quirky story. It had me laughing .Kiki Archer did a great job writing this book.
Recommended .
charles clayson
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
🌈LIKED IT🌈
Mostly I liked it . Although I couldn't quite resolve myself to the way both of the leads Susan and Jenna were passive in there confrontations with Marcus and Amber . Especially when Jenna learned that Amber was aggressively interfering in her pursuit for a life with Susan . It felt too me like there should have been more angst vented by Jenna ! And Susan !
Tamás Polyák
Mar 18, 2018 rated it liked it
The mean characters are way too mean

The mean characters are way too mean, and they practically win. The last chapter is just not enough to make the bitter taste go away. It's not fun to watch as they ridicule an insecure person.
Charlotte Donde
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So funny! So charming! An awesome chick lit, for when you just want to relax and feel good.
Shelley L Hatfield
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
A fun read!

I laughed out loud, fun story, I would not have been as trusting as Susan and if I were Jenna I would have decked Amber.
Umay
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
so many annoying and unnecessary side characters
Siân
Jan 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Chand
May 06, 2015 rated it it was ok
This one read more like a movie than a book. All the characters were caricatures and the narration was jerky, for example, with haphazard perspective changes. The pacing was also uneven. Moreover, I always find it unbelievable when two people who knew each other in school - and in this case they weren't even friends - meet as adults and fall in love in a few days.
Lynn
Jan 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Quick, easy to digest chic lit. Fun story about a teacher taking kids from her school on a ski trip and meeting an old friend back from when they both went to the same jolly hockey sticks private school.
Marie Elizabeth Connolly
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great Read!

The story was very good and believable. It was a quick read. I enjoyed the characters and found both the main and extra ones to be interesting.
FionaH
Apr 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
New to me author. Cute and fun and enjoyable. Will read more.
Kennedy
Nov 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Take a chance on love, you just may be surprised by what you find.
M
Apr 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: l-books, romance
Funny, mischievous and bursting with stereotypes.

I have been a long term fan of this author's books and while this particular work is not groundbreaking it is a fun and diverting read.

Rommended
Danitza
Nov 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely luved it! Another smash by Kiki Archer! So look looking forward to the sequel!!!! Absolute must have book!
Ayse
Jan 05, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: lgbt-romance
Premise wasn't too bad, but the writing was terrible. This author really needs to work on the "show don't tell" philosophy.
lov2laf
Entertaining, light-hearted read. There are definitely some laugh out loud moments in the book. Recommend reading.
Carly
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourite
I read this book in one sitting. I love all of Kiki's books but this is still my most favourite. The characters stayed with me and it so heart warming and funny

• You're My Kind
  • A Shot at Love (The Village Romance, #1)
  • Anyone But Her
  • The Goodmans
  • A Taste Of Love (The Village Romance, #2)
  • Edge of Glory
  • Just Married?
  • Coming Home
  • A Lesson in Love (The Village Romance, #3)
  • Blind Faith (Duckton-by-Dale Romance, #2)
  • Sunsets and Shades
  • Dating Sarah Cooper
  • Southern Roots (Compass, #2)
  • The Plus One
  • Wanting Her
  • Hart & Stocker
  • Sweetest thing
  • Living
Lambda Literary Award finalist and Polari First Book Prize judge, Kiki Archer is the UK-based author of ten best-selling, award-winning novels.

Ranking highly on the Guardian newspaper’s Pride Power List and the Diva Pride Power List in 2017, 2018 and 2019, Kiki’s ‘chick-lit with a lady-loving twist’ has reached a mainstream audience now embracing stories with lesbian leads.

Jenna and Susan (2 books)
  • When You Know