Start by marking “Awkwardly Ever After (Smith High, #4)” as Want to Read:
Awkwardly Ever After (Smith High, #4)

Awkwardly Ever After

(Smith High #4)

It's prom season at Smith High School and love is in the air. . .for some people.

Melanie Morris knows she shouldn't keep flirting with her best friend's brother, Dylan Wellesley, even though the last thing she feels is "sisterly" around the cute soon-to-be freshman. But attending prom with somebody else might mean losing him for good. . .

Isobel Peters accepts the fact that
Published June 24th 2014 by K-Teen (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Awkwardly Ever After, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Awkwardly Ever After

Natalie Monroe

You never forget your first... Meg Cabot was the author that popped my YA cherry.

There I was, an impressionable 14-year-old (late bloomer, I know) with a perchance for horror, then I discovered The Princess Diaries sitting on a library shelf. The rest is history.

Even now that I'm older and can see all the flaws her books have (i.e popular mean girl, arguably recyclable MC, and that trainwreck Abandon. Why did you have to jump on the PR bandwagon, Meg, why!?), they'll always have a speci
Delores
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I want mooooooooooooore!!!!!!!
Ok, this was awesome. I'm so sad that this is the end... I loved this. I was practically drooling over the love lives. Since I don't have one of my own nor do I intend to have one of my own, I spend hours drooling over every one else's! Spencer and Isobel are sooooooooo cute!!!! I adored them. The one thing I objected strenuously to was the saying that some verses in the Bible are ridiculous. As a Christian I find that insulting. That kind of ruined it for me. Other
Tabitha (Bows & Bullets Reviews)
Sep 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This review is also available on my blog, Bows & Bullets Reviews

Awkwardly Ever After is a novel broken into three parts, each following a different couple on their way to...well coupledom. Instead of giving a broad summery of all three up here as per usual, I'm just going to break it down in the character analysis bit because I don't like summarizing several different stories together, even if they all follow a similar path.

The first tale is about Melanie Morris and her love for her best fri
Angie
May 13, 2014 rated it it was ok
I received an ARC through NetGalley.

Awkwardly Ever After sounded like it was going to be an adorable finale to this cutely awkward series, but sadly, it wasn't. I liked how it was following the supportive characters, and giving three of them their happy endings, but none of the three stories actually impressed me. The first two felt too young for me, and the third just missed the mark entirely.

The first part of Awkwardly Ever After is Melanie's story. She's had a crush on Mackenzie's younger bro
Stefanie
Nov 10, 2013 rated it it was ok
After thinking about this I realized this was my least favourite of the series. I'm not found of short stories so that could have been why but honestly maybe the storyline just ran out.
Angelika
Jun 18, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, reci
Gulen
Jan 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: never-finished, 2015
İlk 2 novellayı okudum, 3.süne gücüm yetmedi artık. Belki bir gün döner okurum.
Is
May 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley-books
Actual Rating: 3.5 Stars

My troubles and woes this week, or at least the most major tribulation would be the fact that in the upcoming week I have a vital presentation of twenty (20) minutes due, coupled with the fact that I have to write 4 to 5 pages on the same topic in APA Style. Of course, it might seem insignificant in the grand scheme of school work, but the fact that this is a six week course, and that there is only two paramount projects then I would say a copious amount of value is place
Oct 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Review in Process.

I love Marni Bates. I ADORED Awkward. Invisible and Decked with Holly were delightful reads, but with Notable> and even more so with Awkwardly Ever After I was let down sightly. I seriously considered giving Awkwardly Ever After just a two-star review, but that didn't see quite right. I rounded up for several reasons. All the things I have loved about Awkward were still there: the modern plot, the strong female characters, the geek references, Bates' strong and humorous
Gail
I knew this was kind of a wrap up to the earlier stories in the series but I didn't realize it was actually three separate novellas. So, really, this is an anthology, about the boy with the rock star boyfriend, and the chubby girl with attitude and the boy who doesn't want to be prom king, and the girl who likes her best friend's little brother. It was fun and I enjoyed reading them.
Annika
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So, as far as endings go this was pretty good. I would have preferred the ending to be different, but whatever. I LOVED Isobel and Spencer together! They were awesome! The whole Smith High book series have been undoubtedly awesome! I loved all of it! It was so cute!
Mandy
May 31, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed, arc
I received an ARC of this novel in exchange for an honest review.

`Awkwardly Ever After is the fourth book in the Awkward series by Marni Bates. I read the first one (“Awkward”) two years ago, but surprisingly enough, the story picks up shortly after it ended with enough references to the events that I was able to catch on pretty quickly. Just as Awkward ended up being a really refreshing YA read, Awkwardly Ever After doesn’t disappoint, though I had some major problems with one of the character
nick
Jun 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
3.5/5

This series is just so fluffy and cute, perfect for a nice day outside and if you want something that will make you grin from start to finish. I've loved all of the books in the series and I was excited to see this one up on NetGalley. However, I didn't realize that the book would feature 3 different couples in 3 different stories. They were essentially novellas and as many of you know, I struggle with those a lot, so I wound up not loving all three stories as much as the previous books.

Mel
Shay
Jun 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
- The Story Goes...> -

*I received this book from the publisher through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*

First of all when I requested this book I did not realize it was part of a series, but once I figured that out I read some reviews for the books and realized that it probably wasn't necessary to have read the other three first so I decided to jump right it! And I'm really glad I did. I was confused a couple times but it was very easy to figure things out and get lost in this book
Jill
Jul 01, 2014 rated it liked it
This is the fourth book in an adorable series about “Nerds” and “Notables” at fictional Smith High School in Forest Grove, Oregon.

This particular book places the main focus on the trials and tribulations of Melanie Morris; her best friend Isobel Peters; or “Izzie”; and their mutual friend Corey O’Neal. While these are all characters we have "met" before, the author doesn't assume you know any back story.

Melanie is embarrassed of her alcoholic father, Izzie is not as slender as is considered soc
Rachel
Jun 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Received from NetGalley as an ARC for review.

First off, I should tell you I have not read Marni Bates’s other books in this Smith High series, but after this one (the fourth in the series), I might grab the other ones and read them.

I really liked how the story is divided into three novellas, basically: 1) Awkwardly, 2) Ever, and 3) After. How neat is that, three bangs for your buck!

The first story is about Melanie, a freshman, who has a crush on her friend’s brother, an 8th grader--aWKwaRd, nic
Stacy Sabala
Jun 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, ya
Book Review- Awkwardly Ever After by Marni Bates

Melanie and Mackenzie are friends and Mel has feelings for Dylan who happens to be Mackenzie’s little brother. He is a year younger and Mel feels it crosses some line. So she tries to hide her feelings and get over them. Mackenzie has plans for Mel when she tries to pair her with Spencer King, king of the notables. Melanie panics and enlists her best friend Isobel to go as a fifth wheel. Of course when plans get changed and the group ends up at Mac
Nolan
Ah, Spring, a time when pollen is in the air, as is love. For the kids at Smith High, there's a certain amount of craziness in the air, too. It's prom time. This is the fourth book in the series, and you can't help but appreciate these young people because of the way Marni Bates writes.

Spencer King has it all. He's the rich kid with successful parents, and he has the looks necessary to attract pretty much any girl he wants until he tires of one and moves on to the next conquest. Izzie Peters is
Aliaa El-Nashar
May 31, 2014 rated it liked it
I read both Awkward and Invisible last year so it took me a bit to get back into the characters' lives, I remember loving Jane and Scott's stories more than MacKenzie's and it was such a shame they didn't play that big of a role here. Now the thing is, more often than not I end up hating novellas because they're too short, which was one of the reasons I didn't love this book as much as I potentially could have, it was all too short and I needed more.

I really wanted more of Dylan and Melanie, the
Daisy
May 12, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
So I really liked both Invisible and Notable, though Notable had a slightly unlikely plot, so I was expecting some light fluff with these 3 stories and that's what I got.

I'd already 'met' Melanie in Invisible and if I remember correctly, her being in love with Dylan was already hinted at there, but as everyone knows, falling in love with your best friend's younger brother is pretty much a no-no. Except that it worked here. I liked Dylan, I liked that he was willing to put himself out there and
April
Jul 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Awkwardly Ever After is the fourth book in the fun and adorable, Smith High series, and contains three short stories told from a different characters point of view.

I have really enjoyed this entire series. Marni Bates has this fun youthful energy about her writing that is purely infectious! This last book helps to wrap up some of the involvements from the other books and I really liked getting to visit Smith High one last time.

The first section focuses on Melanie and her feelings for Mackenz
Daoll
I'm really sad to see yet another awesome series go. Yet, I am happy to say that it ended on a good note, and will forever be loved by me for its witty banter and relationships.

Awkwardly Ever After follows three stories from three perspectives: Melanie about Dylan, Isobel about Spencer, and Corey about Tim. They were all set right around each other, with little to no overlap in time. Personally, Corey's story was a little dull compared to the rest, but maybe it was just like that to me because
Risa
Jan 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Originally posted here.

You know how I have enjoyed Marni Bates' previous books and AEA was no exception. It centered around three stories concerning Melanie Morris, Isobel Peters and Corey O'Neal in the manner of the name of the book.

Freaking enjoyed the first two stories with Isobel winning the best story for me. The last story seemed a bit rushed though it might just be me.

To say I was borderline satisfied won't be wrong cos I love these stories and I thought they were too short. I enjoyed al
Allison
May 19, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: young-adult
I requested this book from Netgalley to give an honest review knowing that I enjoyed the first story in the series but forgetting that I hadn't read the two others in between. So I raced around to read the two that I had missed. Book 2 in the series came in and I really didn't care for it. Book 3 still hasn't come in from interlibrary loan so I decided to skip it and go directly to this title. I felt I missed a bit of the back story but on the whole I liked these main characters, Corey and Isobe ...more
Katarina
May 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Verdict: Middle of the road....3 stars

The book is broken up into 3 separate stories. A short one, a longer one, and another short one. Each story deals with one POV of one particular character.

This felt disjointed, when I read. The 2 short parts were too short and felt glossed over.

This is part 4 of the series and while it can be read as a stand alone, it helps to know the characters and backstory.

Each story end with a happy ending, maybe a little too predictable and pat.

There are maybe too man
Kirsti Call
May 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
I got this book from netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

What I liked: Although I've never read any of the books in this series, I easily entered the Smith High world. I was able to understand and enjoy each character, despite jumping in on book number four.

This book accurately reflects a high school environment; the clicks, the obsession with the opposite sex, the bullying and worries about beauty and weight. I really liked every character and their quirks. Each character had a distinct
Joelle
Dec 23, 2013 rated it liked it
This was a cute end to the Awkward series. I was happy and disappointed because Marni Bates introduces these lovable characters and puts them in the spotlight and I'm thinking THIS IS ALL?!! I liked Melanie and I really wanted to see how relationship with Dylan would pan out, and the aspect of bringing Dylan and Mackenize's father back in to the picture with no resolution? Isobel and Spencer really pissed me off! I found the the most adorable and I wanted to read more about their love story, and ...more
K Whatsherface
This book was adorable. That being said, I think it is the weakest of the series. This book is more or less made up of 3 stories that all tie together. I would have liked it better if they were 3 books. or at least blended together so that it was one story with 3 different pov, not the 3 stories (also with 3 different pov) maybe she could mixed it up. I dont know. over all cute like always
Ilka
Dec 19, 2014 marked it as just-get-out-of-my-recommendation-l
they picked some of my most hated characters in the first three books (except Mackenzie, who already had a book, and Logan, that probably doesn't have enough of a personality to fill a chapter) and made a book, yay.
Linda
Sep 07, 2014 rated it liked it
I didn't know this was part of series, so at times it was a little hard to follow because I didn't know the backstories of the characters. This was somewhat of a problem in the beginning of the book, but at part 3, I was lost. That aside, I liked the stories & I think I'll go check out book 1.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Just Sing (Seven Oaks #1)
  • Don't Fall
  • Ask Amy Green: Love and Other Drama-Ramas!
  • Shadow Moon (Unbidden Magic, #4)
  • Perfect Timing
  • Shayla Witherwood: A Half-Faerie Tale
  • Two Breaths Too Late
  • Oceanborn (The Aquarathi, #2)
  • Be Mine at Christmas Anthology
  • Promising Light (The Protectors, #1)
  • Depth of Field
  • Daughter of Glass
  • Into the Fire (Into the Fire, #1)
  • The Candidate
  • The Stubborn Dead (Lost Souls #1)
  • Pretty When They Collide (Pretty When She Dies, #0.5)
  • Rumors (Rumors, #1)
  • My Sort of Fairy Tale Ending (My Very UnFairy Tale Life, #3)
Marni Bates' autobiography MARNI (part of HCI's Louder Than Words series) was on the New York Public Library Stuff for the Teen Age 2010 List. She then signed a five book deal with KTeen. Her first YA novel, AWKWARD, has been optioned by the Disney Channel as a made-for-TV movie and translated into several languages. Her latest YA novel DIAL EM FOR MURDER is with Merit Press.

In her free time she

Smith High (4 books)
  • Awkward (Smith High, #1)
  • Invisible (Smith High, #2)
  • Notable (Smith High, #3)