Start by marking “Ready to Wed” as Want to Read:
Ready to Wed

Ready to Wed

Dakota Halifax loves to be in love. In fact, as one of Las Vegas’s premier wedding planners, she’s built a whole career around romance. Which is why her own wedding has to be nothing short of perfect. And then her fiancé jilts her. While she’s waiting in her wedding dress. On a cruise ship already out at sea.Once back on dry land, Dakota tries to pour her heart into her ...more
Published July 22nd 2014 by Entangled: Select (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Ready to Wed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ready to Wed

Start your review of Ready to Wed
KAS
Jul 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
There aren't enough adjectives to describe this fun, flirty, humorous, romantic (well, you get the idea) and totally entertaining read. I have just adored every book I have read by Cindi Madsen. Her writing style and development of characters is just magical. If Cindi writes it, I'm reading it!

Dakota, a wedding planner in Las Vegas and advice columnist, has just been stood up at the altar by her fiancé. A few days later, she runs into her childhood best friend, Brendan, who recently moved back
Yodamom
4.45 stars- if I get it on audio it might jump to a 4.8
Sweet, romantic, humorous, frustrating, heartbreaking, pulse thumping, sexy, childhood love, and an adorable dog ? What else could you ask for in a contemporary romance ? I loved it. It was a stay up all night to finish it read and left me with smile in my dreams. I loved the characters, even the less than wonderful people were a pleasure to meet. The two main characters were so dang adorable with their history and new relationship misfires
Lily (Night Owl Book Cafe)
After hearing so many wonderful things about Madsen's Cinderella Screwed Me Over, I am ashamed to say I have not had a chance to read that one. When Ready to Wed popped up on my radar to review, I knew I had to dip my toes into this authors writing and I came out glad that I have.

Ready to Wed is a heart-warming romance about Dakota Halifax, a Las Vegas wedding planner who ends up down on her luck when her fiancé leaves her jilted at the altar and suddenly her jobs feels like a nightmare. Because
Claire Robinson
Jun 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: entangled
3.5 - "Can you believe I'm getting married today?" Stars!

Ready to Wed is my first book from Cindi Madsen, and if you are looking for something hugely entertaining, easy going and filled with a wealth of likeable and relatable characters, then this is the book for you.

It was like sitting down to read one of your favourite rom-com movies, you know the type I am talking about, it’s all good clean fun, the drama isn’t too heavy, and you have the good, that bad and the ugly in terms of the cast.

Men
Ophelia London
Apr 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This darling book had me goofy-smiling so-oh many times! At the same time, I didn't expect to feel as emotionally connected to Dakota and her journey. Oh, and Brendan...complete swoon-worthy babe! For someone who isn't "into" weddings, I nonetheless adored the frilly and lacy world Ms Madsen created.
Fave quote:
"Holding back in a relationship was dooming it to fail, though. Sometimes you had to simply dive in without knowing the end game."
Nicola
Jun 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
I've read enough of Cindi Madsen's books to know that it's highly likely I won't be disappointed.

Ready to Wed didn't. Dakota Halifax's fiancé, Grant, has jilted her at the alter. To add insult to injury she's a wedding planner and writes a nuptial related newspaper column. Independent, funny and feisty she's no wallflower however she's lost her faith in love and no one can blame her being cheesed off having being left at the alter, homeless and a little allergic to her job. But when her
SnoopyDoo's Book Reviews
Jun 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, cindi-madsen
I don’t even know where or how to start, without going all fangirling mode about this book. Which doesn’t happen with a lot of books, but this one really hit the sweet spot.

You can find my full review here:
Lenore Kosinski

4 stars — This one was much closer to women’s fiction than I usually read, but I really enjoyed watching Dakota grow on her journey after being jilted. My heart ached right from the prologue, I could just picture her on that beach with all the tourists walking by her. I wanted to cry.

She was an intriguing character, b/c she had this “must not show emotions” thing going on, meanwhile she’s going through something really painful. It was interesting how it
Bibliongirl
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought it was a really cute book
Kimberly
Jun 02, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, contemporary
6/2/18 - 99 cents on Kindle
Christina
RATING: 3.5 stars

This was a really cute story. A nice fluffy, predictable contemporary romance novel. And that's not a bad thing. I rather enjoyed the non-heavy experience that this book gave me. You got your distressed female protagonist. You got you heartthrob lead male. You got a bit of drama. You got a happily ever after. It was a nice pretty package.

This is a great book for what it's intended to do -- tell a nice story. It's not really meant to make you think. It's not meant to change your
Christi Snow
Jul 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My Review:
I had so much fun reading this book and there is one reason for it...Dakota. The entire book is told from her point of view and she has a normal girl point of view with the additional benefit of the fact that she's a wedding planner and spends her days dealing with life's trials.

Dakota's life is not perfect. In fact, right now her life is completely in the toilet. The book starts with her standing in her wedding dress outside of the cruise ship in Jamaica waiting for her fiance who
Angela ReadingCave
May 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Heather Anne
Jun 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-reads
What a book! And I mean that in the absolute best way possible.

I laughed. I swooned. I felt everything Dakota felt.

This wasn’t my first book by Cindi Madsen and it most certainly won’t be my last. Just like the first book I read by Madsen, I found myself lost in the story and struggling to put it down. Which is a HUGE compliment considering I was vacationing in England when I decided to dive into Ready to Wed.

Ready to Wed is funny, heartwarming, romantic, and captivating after only the first few
Valerie
Feb 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, 2014-reads
3 1/2 stars

Dakota was left standing on the beach in her wedding dress by the guy she thought loved her. What could be a worse fate for a wedding planner? In this cute and fun story, Dakota deals with the fallout. She's devastated, yes, but where is her sweet dog, Cupid, going to live and how will the brides she plans wedding for react? And why did Grant do this? It's a lot to take in for poor Dakota but then her best friend, Brendan, shows up again after years apart and things start to get
Shelly Wygant
This was a fun read. Dakota has a wedding planning business. On her wedding day she is jilted at the alter by her groom.

This book goes much deeper than just romance. After being jilted Dakota has to go on with planning other women's wedding and dealing with her pain. She soon discovers herself along the way and even might get lucky in love again.

The characters in this book are great and well developed. You feel a connection to them and cry, laugh, and be happy right alongside them. Dakota
Donna
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a delightfully fun romantic romp filled with love and laugh out loud moments. Dakota is a sweet funny woman who believes in love and lists and color coded tabs. Brendan was her best friend growing up until his family moved away. Now he is back just when she needs a friend most. This reads as a friends to lovers or a second chance romance but mostly it reads as fun.
Complimentary copy provided by author/publisher for an honest review.
Deanne
Dec 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rpl-read
I fully admit to being biased because Cindi is one of my most favorite people but I LOVE her books and especially loved this one! There were times I literally LOL'd and I ended the book with a huge smile on my face. Another great book from a great author! (And bonus points for not making me cry this time!)
Bette Hansen
May 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored this book! Filled with humor it's a story that shows us that with determination we can overcome any obstacles. This one is going on the coveted re-read shelf right next to Tracy Brogan for those days when I need something to make me smile! It's wonderfully written and has characters that stay with you. I highly recommend this one!
Talking Books
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ready To Wed by Cindi Madsen is a laugh out loud emotional read with an awesome cast of characters that were entertaining in their many challenges throughout the book. The journey that Dakota experiences is emotion-charged, amusing and intriguing and the many escapades of the characters keep the reader completely engrossed in the book.
Shari
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
All I can say is that I didn't want this book to end. I so fell in love with Dakota and Brendan. Loved the renew friendship of these two from childhood. I read this book in one evening, I could not put it down. I was laughing out loud at times.Highly recommend for light fun read!!
Alycia
Out TODAY!!!! I love it so much. This is about a wedding planner who is dumped at the alter. Another fun, romantic comedy from Cindi. :)
Amalia
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-books
It was a nice read..an insight into wedding plannings and stuff. Interesting.
Brendan
Tracey Burke
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute

Cute little love story. Well written. Story line was easy to follow. Funny characters. I would read more in this series.
Nancy
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very cute and funny story of a wedding planner who gets left at the altar at her own wedding, leading her back to her childhood best friend. Admittedly, the heroine was a little too caught up in creating drama in her head though she had some right to that. Brendan, the hero, was just about perfect - security head at a casino, sexy, easy going and so sweet to the heroine.
Angie
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was such a great book! Loved Dakota's column. Brendan was such a great guy and it was great that him and Dakota were friends from a long time ago. Loved their first proposal! This book sucked me in and I couldn't put it down!
mypoppingthoughts
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
just Wow

It made me fall in love with my husband.. hehe..
I just love B.S. and D.J.'s love story.. a second there I thought she will be jilted again..
i just love happy endings!!
Jane Zav
Nice, cute, easy read. Low angst. 3 stars
Lisa
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute story about a wedding planner left at the altar.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Sisters of Summer's End (Summer Resort #2)
  • Talk British to Me (Wherever You Go, #1)
  • Keeper of the Light (The Faith Healer's Daughters #1)
  • Keeper of the Dead (The Faith Healer's Daughters #2)
  • Keeper of Souls (The Faith Healer's Daughters #3)
  • Good Time Cowboy (Gold Valley, #3)
  • Butterface (The Hartigans, #1)
  • Thief of Lies (Library Jumpers, #1)
  • Kissmas Eve: A Holiday Romantic Comedy
  • Guardian of Secrets (Library Jumpers, #2)
  • Assassin of Truths (Library Jumpers, #3)
  • Untamed Cowboy (Gold Valley, #2)
  • Beaches, Bungalows, and Burglaries (A Camper & Criminals Cozy #1)
  • Cooper's Charm (Summer Resort, #1)
  • The Holiday Secret (Castle Falls)
  • Finding Mr. Brightside
  • Christmas in Atlantis (Poseidon's Warriors, #0.2)
  • Rock Me (Ross Siblings, #2)
Cindi Madsen is a USA Today Bestselling author of contemporary romance and young adult novels. She sits at her computer every chance she gets, plotting revising, and falling in love with her characters. Sometimes it makes her a crazy person. Without it, she’d be even crazier. She has way too many shoes, but can always find a reason to buy a new pretty pair, especially if they’re sparkly, colorful, ...more