Start by marking “101 Kids Activities That Are the Bestest, Funnest Ever!: The Entertainment Solution for Parents, Relatives & Babysitters!” as Want to Read:

Easy, Creative and Fun Things to Keep Your Children Entertained and Happy

Never again will you hear the all-too-common call of, "I'm bored!" with this kid-pleaser for many ages.

Whether your kid is 3, 5 or 12 years old, there are hundreds of fun, educational and engaging things to do in this book. When they ask to watch television, you'll have the perfect solution. 101 Kids
Published June 10th 2014 by Page Street Publishing

Be the first to ask a question about 101 Kids Activities That Are the Bestest, Funnest Ever!

Start your review of 101 Kids Activities That Are the Bestest, Funnest Ever!: The Entertainment Solution for Parents, Relatives & Babysitters!
Erin Buhr
Jun 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is pretty much the best thing ever to kick off your summer. It arrived in our mailbox this week and its pages are already full of post-its flagging all of the things we want to do this summer. 101 Kids Activities was put together by Holly Homer and Rachel Miller the two creative ladies behind kidsactivitiesblog.com. Their colorful and inventive ideas are flying off the pages in this collection. The book is broken down into four sections; boredom busters, crafts, games, and simple scien ...more
Kandice
Jul 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My hat goes off to Holly and Rachel for this fun and inspiring book. Personally, I think every child household and primary classroom should have this beauty on a bookshelf.

The layout is beautiful and flowing with colourful pictures. I’ve read quite a few crafting/activity books and this one take the cake for organization. Oh, but there’s more… these ladies do it all! They include modifications for younger and older children for every activity. Thank you! THANK YOU!!!

I highly recommend this book
Amber
Jun 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The activities are easy to follow and recreate. My 5 year old loves looking through the book and finding ideas for us to do as much as I do. The illustrations are great. Love that each activity has tips, and modifications. The modifications come in so handy when your working with several different age groups. 101 Kids Activities could be used as a resource for baby sitters, teachers or Moms. We are thrilled to have it in our at home library for inspiration when ever needed.

"I received a complim
Megan Sheakoski
Jun 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I adore this book! So many fun and easy ideas that we can do together as a family! Great for kids of all ages and would make a perfect gift for any mom!
Penny McGill
Jul 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am sad that this book has to go back to the library. Wonderful directions with suggestions for ways to extend the activity for different ages/skills. Are they the 'bestest' and 'funnest' Pretty close. It's a wonderful blend of activities and projects and we love that in a book around here. It is nice that the authors chose to include ideas which reuse many materials and still made the book look very funky.

Some of the projects are multi-step and might seem a little daunting but many result in
Heidi Pepin
Dec 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
My biggest complain about this book, and the reason I knocked a star off, is the lack of pictures. Some of the crafts and activities were more difficult to follow or understand without pictures. But I loved the wide variety of activities, the (mostly) everyday ingredients, and that it provides ways to make it more challenging for older kids and simpler for the toddler set.
Whittney
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great variety of activities. Most seem better for home and small groups. Some projects would be doable for a party or larger group with access to quick cleanup like the painting with feet. As long as there is a hose available to wash up. Each project has suggestions to modify for older and younger kids.
Leah
Great list of activities to try at home, for Stay and Play, and/or for children's library programs.
June Jacobs
Mar 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
What a fun book for teachers, youth group and scout leaders, moms/dads/grandparents, day care providers, and anyone else who wants to have some fun making projects and then playing with them!

These clever projects utilize basic household items, recyclables, and some inexpensive items you may have to purchase at the store. The book is divided into four chapters. Photos are good, but there is not a photo provided for every single project. (I found that a little disappointing since visuals are so i
Carolyn Wilhelm
Jun 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is everything you need for a very fun summer (and longer) with kids of any age. The ideas are practical, easy to follow, and fun. Suggestions are provided on how to use the ideas with different age groups to make them more or less complex. The materials are ones you probably have around the house or can easily and inexpensively obtain. Children can look at the beautiful full color photos and select activities they might like to try. This would be great for babysitters and extended fami ...more
Ayn
Jul 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a FANTASTIC resource for parents and teachers alike!! Filled with hands on activities, the ideas are easily implemented and instructions are clear and concise. Beautiful photographs accompany the activities and tips and modifications for younger and older children are included! For a full review, visit: http://littleilluminations.blogspot.c... ...more
Jenna
Jan 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Cute, but wish there were more pictures in it to show how exactly they did the crafts, rather than a simple step-by-step in writing. Maybe I'm spoiled by all the craft blogs out there.

And some, like the toe-painting recipe, seem a tad too messy for in-library programs. But I would like to make my own playing card building set!
Newton Public Library Iowa
A fun and simple collection of craft projects, games, and bored-busters. Most of the items or activities used items that most households already have on hand. There were great illustrations and clear instructions.--Ally M.
Jen
Oct 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Cute craft ideas with modifications for both older and younger kids. Will update as we test drive some of the crafts!
Melissa
Dec 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014-books
Pretty to look at...nothing earth-shattering or new, but a nice collection of activities.
Jordan Lammert
Nov 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
Great if you have this age group and the necessary supplies but otherwise they are not that fun that modern day kids like. Well, at least not the ones I babysit.
Anne
Sep 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A great book that will inspire parents, teachers, and librarians with fun, easy, cheap children's activities.
Bianca
Jan 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Handy resource of ideas
Sara D
Feb 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: prof-development
This has some good ideas! I shall follow the authors' blog.
Jon
Feb 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: kid-craft
There isn't a lot of fluff in these 101 kid crafts. They were all decent ideas. There were 12 that were worth writing down.
Betty3292001
Jul 08, 2016
Nikita Egan-Shaw
Jan 02, 2019
lorna major
Apr 10, 2020
Yvonne
Mar 29, 2017 rated it liked it
I thought the projects looked interesting. Unfortunately, I think the prep for most of them would be 1-2 hours and would entertain my kids for about 30 minutes. Definitely not worth the time investment. I would love it if they wrote a book I could hand to my kids, that used basic supplies, that would inspire my kids to do projects with minimal adult help. My kids are very capable and creative. They would love a book like that.
Kimberly Hughes
Nov 04, 2016
Charissa McPherson
May 16, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Divine Misdemeanors (Merry Gentry, #8)
  • A Moving Child Is a Learning Child: How the Body Teaches the Brain to Think (Birth to Age 7)
  • Busy Toddler, Happy Mom
  • Instructions for a Broken Heart
  • Bartholomew and the Oobleck
  • A Little Bit of Dirt: 55+ Science and Art Activities to Reconnect Children with Nature
  • Is Everyone Really Equal?: An Introduction to Key Concepts in Social Justice Education
  • Creating Caring Classrooms: How to Encourage Students to Communicate, Create and Be Compassionate of Others
  • Bridge to Terabithia
  • Sewing School ®: 21 Sewing Projects Kids Will Love to Make
  • Sky Without Stars (System Divine, #1)
  • Romanov
  • Helen Keller
  • That Inevitable Victorian Thing
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari, #1)
  • The Last Little Blue Envelope (Little Blue Envelope, #2)
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
  • Who Was Frederick Douglass?

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »