Start by marking “Easy Gourmet: Awesome Recipes Anyone Can Cook” as Want to Read:
Easy Gourmet: Awesome Recipes Anyone Can Cook

Easy Gourmet: Awesome Recipes Anyone Can Cook

Stephanie Le, creator of I am a Food Blog, has written her first cookbook, Easy Gourmet. Her gorgeous mouth-watering photography, strong friendly voice, and incredibly delicious recipes come together in this easy-to-follow cookbook that belongs in every kitchen.

Beautifully depicting the foods we all want to be cooking and eating, Easy Gourmet is full of updated modern twis
Published September 2nd 2014 by Page Street Publishing (first published August 12th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Easy Gourmet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Easy Gourmet

Start your review of Easy Gourmet: Awesome Recipes Anyone Can Cook
Angie
Mar 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Straight forward and no complications in the layout of the recipes. Ingredients are easy to find and are fresh.

Favorite: Carrot Cake Pancakes and Peach/Cream French Toast
Leslie
Oct 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cooking-food
Easy Gourmet is designed with the busy cook in mind with simple, yet unique, dishes. I admit, I was attracted by the word ‘easy’ in the title because the word ‘gourmet’ usually scares me away. But here I found recipes that even new cooks will appreciate. The easy-to-follow directions are accompanied by full-page, mouth-watering photos. The book is very functional with a binding created so that the pages lie flat – an important feature that way too many cookbook publishers fail to consider.

Each r
Nancy
Oct 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Do not confuse Easy Gourmet with easy to find ingredients. You will still be expected to use mascarpone for pancakes, sambal oelek for an omelet and shiro miso in your tofu fries. To be fair, many of the recipes have your run of the mill ingredients, but what makes this cookbook different is Stephanie Le dummying down the processes so a non-chef type can bring tempting dishes to an ordinary table.

Accompanying each recipe is a beautiful mouthwatering photograph that shows what the dish should lo
Megan
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was ok
Wanted to love it because I love the blog, but this book just didn't seem to capture the same spirit to me. Her voice seemed more subdued compared to how she writes on the blog. The recipes were very simple (which is fine, but I was expecting some complexity), and I wasn't intrigued by any of the flavor combos.
Miss Clark
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cooking-baking
Simple staples and fancy feasts with an Asian flare as well as some global cuisine elements.
Lovely photography as well!

Favourite recipes:

Double Almond Cookies*
Liz
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: cookbooks
Note to self: do not check this out from the library YET AGAIN! The cookbook is fine, but the recipes are either too easy (roasted brussels sprouts on a sheet pan) or involve too much seafood that I'm never going to make (i.e., anything involving clams).
Krysten
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I adore this cookbook. The recipes are delicious, and they are actually simple! The combination of stunning photos with the inviting layout of each recipe is everything to an inexperienced cook/soul-food enthusiast like myself. I will definitely be turning to this book again and again and again...
Diane
Jan 31, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: food-and-wine, wpl
Not much here.
Interesting riff on the idea of "waffles and chicken": pulled pork and pancakes. I would NOT use her pulled pork recipe. I did use my leftover pulled pork and her pancake recipe and her bourbon syrup. Pretty yummy. Yummy enough that my girls asked for it again -- they had pure maple syrup not bourbon syrup. Bourbon sauce/syrup does not keep well, FYI. I will make it when I have leftover pulled pork.
The double almond cookies were good. Reminiscent of Chinese buffet almond cookies,
Dec 26, 2014 rated it liked it
Well written and easy to follow recipes. Turns out though that I'm a little further along in what she's aiming for in her audience, also not a lot of flavor sets I felt as into as I usually do with a cookbook. I'd recommend it for someone who doesn't feel very comfortable in a kitchen (not someone who collects cookbooks like I do).
Raquel
Dec 02, 2014 rated it liked it
Recipes are simple and delicious looking although they sometimes require really random ingredients that can be expensive and/or hard to find. Luckily I like in a place where there are tons of smaller markets around but if not I'd be hard pressed to find a lot of the ingredients. That being said, the fried chicken recipe was AMAZING.
Angel Hartline
Oct 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
A fab find full of lots of yummy looking-sounding recipes I'll actually make. LOVE that! Hopefully I'll still think it's 5 stars after making several recipes, but usually have a good feel for what we'll like.
Lisa
Mar 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Pretty easy recipes, Asian bent. Really liked the Vietnamese coffee cake. Tried the seasame noodle salad, had to add some items to make it better. Going to try a few more.
Cynthia
Dec 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
Meh, nothing in here that really spoke to me. but it's attractive and seems useful.
Beka
May 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
As awesome as I expected!!! Fantastic photography, tasty recipes, and fun stories.
Emily
Jun 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookin
mmmmm first of all its good looking, second of all its chock full of slightly unusual deliciousness. might have to purchase
Heather Bruns
Sep 11, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Only Street in Paris: Life on the Rue des Martyrs
  • From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler
  • Never Cook Sober Cookbook: From Soused Scrambled Edggs to Kahlua Fudge Brownies, 100 (Fool)Proof Recipes
  • Dein perfektes Jahr
  • From Freezer to Cooker: Delicious Whole-Foods Meals for the Slow Cooker, Pressure Cooker, and Instant Pot: A Cookbook
  • Mayo Recipes: The Ultimate Recipe Guide
  • Tasty Ultimate: How to Cook Basically Anything (An Official Tasty Cookbook)
  • Sorry I Missed You
  • Tasty Every Day: All of the Flavor, None of the Fuss (An Official Tasty Cookbook)
  • Emeril's Kicked-Up Sandwiches: Stacked with Flavor
  • Bridge to Terabithia
  • Oona Out of Order
  • Preserving Food without Freezing or Canning: Traditional Techniques Using Salt, Oil, Sugar, Alcohol, Drying, Cold Storage, and Lactic Fermentation
  • Munchies: Late-Night Meals from the World's Best Chefs [A Cookbook]
  • Daddy-Long-Legs (Daddy-Long-Legs, #1)
  • Hard Times
  • The Bride Test (The Kiss Quotient, #2)
  • The Ultimate Sandwich: 100 Classic Sandwiches, from Reuben to Po'Boy and Everything in Between

News & Interviews