Start by marking “Honor Reclaimed (HORNET, #2)” as Want to Read:
Honor Reclaimed (HORNET, #2)

Honor Reclaimed

(HORNET #2)

Former Marine sniper Seth Harlan is determined to prove that he can still do his job despite his ongoing battle with PTSD. When an old friend contacts HORNET to rescue a black ops soldier, Seth's stability is strained. He knows all too well what it's like to rot inside an enemy camp, praying for rescue and waiting for death. And he's not about to leave a man behind.

Photojo
Published May 27th 2014 by Entangled: Select

To ask other readers questions about Honor Reclaimed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Honor Reclaimed

Ana O
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
*3.7 Beautifully Scarred Stars*

Pros: this book deals with so many important issues such as PTSD, women's rights, terrorism.

Cons: too many side stories and way too many characters.

Romantic Suspense. It's not a genre I often read, but I really enjoyed this one. I'm broadening my horizons.

Yes... Broadening my horizons, one hot Marine sniper at a time...

I've at least moved on from, "cartel guys who wield battle weapons" to "army guys who wield battle weapons."

growth
♥Rachel♥
May 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

Honor Reclaimed is romantic suspense at its best: thrilling, sexy and fast paced. Seth Harlen’s story was emotional, moving and heartbreaking at times.

Seth is suffering from PTSD after being held captive and tortured as a POW for fifteen months. Nightmares and terrifying memories haunt him and Seth no longer feels human even two years after his ordeal.

“Are you…okay?”
He laughed, but it was a nasty sound.
“I’ll never be okay again.”

He’s discharged from the Marines but has signed on with
Claire Robinson
4.5 - "Here lies Seth. Survived the war only to be sexed to death. Stars!

The only thing that remains of the man that Seth Harlan was prior to his capture is his beating heart. Tortured beyond what any normal person could imagine, the man that was rescued and returned to the US, is broken, scarred, traumatised and living in a constant state of paranoia. Suffering from PTSD in the extreme, flash-backs and black-outs Seth is as scarred on the inside as is visible on the outside.

The only survivor fr
Jonetta
Quick summary
Marine sniper Seth Harlan was a POW in Afghanistan for many months before he was rescued, almost near death after being severely tortured. No longer suitable for military duty, HORNET is his only chance to continue doing what he was trained to do but he's hanging on by a thread. His teammates don't trust his readiness but he's determined to somehow persevere. Photojournalist Phoebe Leighton is on assignment in Afghanistan doing a documentary on the plight of young girls in the count
Nicola
Dec 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Honor Reclaimed deserves 5 heart-stopping stars. Once again Tonya Burrows has brought us a perfect blend of romance, action, suspense, drama, angst and passion. I was put through the ringer with this book and all because of one man, Seth Harlan.

description

Why? Seth is an ex-marine who shouldn't be alive. Kidnapped, held & tortured as a PoW in Afghanistan, he has been left scarred - physically and mentally. As Hornet’s newbie, he’s the outsider and the very men who should understand what he has gone th
Kathleen

Romance Rating ~ 4 Stars
Heat Level ~ 3.5 Stars
Ending ~ 5 Stars
Overall Rating ~ 5 Stars
This book had an excellent story line and was action packed, there was always something going on which kept me totally interested and the pages turning.

The hero, Seth Harlan, is a former marine sniper who had been held prisoner by the enemy and was severely tortured. Now he is sufferi
Fanny
Jan 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Honor Reclaimed es el segundo libro de la saga Hornet de Tonya Burrows y tiene como protagonistas a Seth y Phoebe.

Estaba un poco insegura al empezar la lectura, ya que al no conocer a los nuevos protagonistas no sabria si me gustaria o se convertirian en una decepcion despues de que me gustara tanto el primer libro.

Siempre ( o casi siempre ) que leo historias que combinan suspence y romance espero que todo gire alrededor de la atraccion entre los protagonistas, no porque me guste, sino porque ha
Floripiquita
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Me gustó bastante el primer libro de esta saga y esta segunda entrega, incluso un poco más. Y eso que vuelve a haber una historia de amor sucediendo en poquísimo tiempo, algo que no me suelo creer mucho, pero que en situaciones tan extremas como las que narra la autora, veo factible. La historia de Seth es durísima, por eso me ha gustado tanto su relación con Phoebe, y Tonya Burrows vuelve a demostrar lo buena que es con las escenas de acción. Deseando continuar con Quinn.
Amanda
In Book 2 of HORNET, we have the Seth Harlan, the ex-marine sniper who is severely scarred and suffered from PTSD and Phoebe Anderson, the photojournalist heroine who wrote a nasty piece for the tabloid to tarnish Seth's reputation.

Despite all odds against him, Seth was accepted into the HORNET team and under probation. Well, everyone is not reception of him, worried that he might blow up at any second. Gabe was not really buying the idea either, but Quinn was insisting Seth needs a chance to p
Viri
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Pensé que no me iba a gustar porque no conocía a los protagonistas pero me ENCANTÓ
Review en emojis:
😭😍😍😍🔪🔥💣🚑😭🤣😭💕🥰👏🏻🙌🏻

4.5
Rachel
Mar 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is Seth Harlan's story and it's fantastic. I admit to having a bit of a crush on Seth since I first read about him in Wilde Nights in Paradise. When I started this book I was beyond excited to read this wounded warriors story and it did not disappoint. Seth is a deeply hurt and scared soul who I wanted to hug and never let go of. By the end I was totally in love with him and I now have a new book boyfriend.

But I can't go past the heroine in Phoebe, I loved her. She was the perfect match fo
AliciaJ
Ok, so what I liked: the HORNET guys. I loved the team, especially Ian. Yes, he's a bit of an asshole, but he does have that bad boy charm.
The plot was also fun and action-packed.

Now what I didn't like: the so-called heroine, Phoebe. I'm sorry, but deceit and lies do not a good heroine make. I don't care how hot she was for our hero Seth, hormones are no excuse for that kind of bullshit.

Also, the author's shoddy portrayal of PTSD pissed me off. Our hero goes from experiencing severe symptoms
Barbara Ann

After reading the first book in the HORNET series, I thought Burrows was off to a very good start in her creation of this rag-tag group of men from different military and law enforcement backgrounds who have joined the HORNETs unit, a group of private military contractors who specialize in hostage rescue missions. Now, after reading this second installment, Honor Reclaimed, I can say with certainty that this a series that readers of romantic suspense should consider because of the wonderfully fl
I've become a huge fan of Tonya Burrows since I read SEAL of Honor last year and I love both her HORNET and Wilde Security series. I've been dying to find out more about Seth since he was first introduced in Wilde Nights in Paradise so to say I had high hopes for Honor Reclaimed is an understatement and I'm very happy to say that it's now my favourite book by this author. If you're new to this series I'd highly recommend reading SEAL of Honor first because there is a lot going on within the team ...more
Jackie  Kiwibooknerd
Sep 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
*ARC Courtesy of Entangled Publishing*

From the first mention of Seth in the Wilde Series, I was completely intrigued and wanted to read his story.... You just knew his was going to be a doozy and worth the wait, and it certainly did not disappoint....

Seth is a former marine scout sniper who not only had to witness his entire team die in Afghanistan but was also captured and tortured for months, and when I say tortured, I mean severely....His body is now full of scars, but the worst of the worst
Lisa *-* GiViNg It To YoU * LoCk StOcK & TwO SmOkiNg BaRrELs
*L**O**V**E**D** **I**T**

Fast, . Paced, Hard Core Action with a Sprinkling of ROMANCE!!

LOVE those Guys from HORNETS...and Seth's story was dangerously GOOD!!
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
Honor Reclaimed is a gut-clenching, heart-pounding, and emotion-packed adventure about love and healing that I could not put down!

Seth Harlan is a man on the edge. A former Marine sniper and POW for fifteen long, torturous months. Seth never understood, 'why him?' Why did he make it out when so many of his friends didn't? And why did he survive hell when he wasn't sure whether he wanted to or not? Joining HORNET though has given him a second chance. A second chance at being part of a team. And a
Val
4.5

I loved finally going back to the HORNET series and this time getting to know the newest HORNET member: Seth.

Honestly, I was not happy when I knew it'd be his book because I've fallen in love with the other HORNET men and I wanted to know more about them. But then I got to know a little more of Seth in Tonya's other series (Wilde Security) and I couldn't wait to know this man. You guys… I'm so glad I gave it a chance.

Seth's been through really tough times. He was tortured for months and
Christi Snow
Apr 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My Review:
Oh my wow...this book was so good. I wasn't sure where it was going to go when the first scene didn't even have the main characters in it...but I worried for nothing because this book was amazing!

Seth...I challenge anyone to read this book and not feel for what Seth has gone through. Horrific doesn't even begin to cover it and he's so alone. I, like Phoebe, just wanted to hold and comfort him and definitely fell in love with his character. His struggles to simply move throughout his li
☕ Kimberly
Apr 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Five reasons to grab a cup of coffee and curl up with Honor Reclaimed

1. You love military men and OPS teams from the banter to the dangerous missions. What a dynamic team! They are flawed, fearless and funny, but they have each other’s six. I adored going on missions with these sexy alpha males. Burrows fleshes out her characters from their training to their fears and we get it all! She made them feel authentic, and I cared for this special black ops team and want to spend more time with them.

Alexandra
"Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars."

I was lucky enough to get to read this great story before it's release and I'm freaking out over here...I LOVED it so much.

This is book 2 in the HORNET series, and it can be considered a stand alone, but I wouldn't recommend it to be read out of order - you NEED to read Seal of Honor first to get a better understanding of all the characters - believe me it's totally worth it.

photo 1399916590.png

This is Set
Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)

The Hostage, Rescue, and Negotiation Team aka Hornet team is on the move. The mission is to save a fellow soldier from captivity. Seth, a former captive of the very same camp is called upon to join the rescue and it will take all he has to complete this mission. With his PTSD coming to the surface…the question is not Will he survive? But how will he survive? I’ll tell you how; with the help of his team, Phoebe and with pure determination. Revenge my play a part as well.

The biggest trial for thi
Angela
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I swear I was beyond excited to get an ARC of Honor Reclaimed because I've been waiting for months to read this book and my goodness I can say I wasn't disappointed for the wait. I literally couldn't put it down until I finished the very last page.

I laugh and cried while reading. Seth has always had a piece of my heart since I read about him in Wilde Nights in Paradise. This tortured soul deserved to fine happiness after all the tragedy he endured.

There was so much mystery and suspense while r
Donna
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an emotionally tough book. Seth has been dealt a raw deal. Not only was he a tortured POW in Afghanistan but when he came home he was skewered in the press. Now he is trying to get some sense of normalcy working as a recruit for HORNET and dealing with his PTSD. The guys from HORNET get a case that hits home for Seth. An American black op has gone wrong and a soldier has been left captive. Seth will have to dig deep to focus on the now. Helping with that is a contact in the form of photo ...more
Cheryl Sanders
Mar 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic story about Seth Harlan from the ex-military group, Hornet. Two years later and Seth still suffers from PTSD. He was held captive and tortured for over a year in Afghanistan. Going back there on a rescue mission for a black ops soldier might be more than he can handle. Watching him go through his PTSD was heartbreaking. I wanted to gather him in my arms and hold him.

Phoebe is fantastic even though she sometimes pulls some stunts that make things harder for everyone. She is strong-wille
Devika
Nov 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was so happy to receive an ARC, I wanted to read about the mysterious Seth since he was mentioned in her Wilde Series...i adored this book. i read it all night, it did not disappoint!!! Great Job...
Carol
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this story. Like American Sniper, it helps people realized what PTSD is like for our military. Great job, Tonya!
Anita
Second book in the HORNET is just as good as the first. Our flawed heroes have decided, well not exactly decided, to give sniper Seth Harlen, a Marine with PTSD, a chance to join the team. He is still having flashbacks, but the others, especially Quinn, have problems also.

Greer Wilde contacts Seth to get the HORNET team to attempt the rescue of a black ops soldier who is being held captive. Seth knows what that can mean and will do everything he can to rescue this man.

Photojournalist Phoebe Lei
Gigi staub
May 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc

Photojournalist Phoebe Leighton just stumbled into the middle of an arms deal. Teaming up with a ragtag team of mercenaries is the l
  • Danger Close (Bagram Special Ops, #4)
  • Cold Day in Hell (Lost and Found, Inc., #2)
  • Shattered Valor (Red Team, #2)
  • Blind Faith (Sin Brothers, #3)
  • Killing Time (One Eyed Jacks, #1)
  • Dangerous Territory (Alpha Ops, #1)
  • Operation: Endgame (When the Mission Ends, #1)
  • Bound to Danger (Deadly Ops, #2)
  • All For You (Coming Home, #4)
  • Breaking Boundaries (SEAL TEAM Heartbreakers #5)
  • Touch Me (Semper Fi Marines, #3)
  • Hard Target (Elite Ops #1)
Tonya Burrows wrote her first romance at age 13 and hasn't put down her pen since. Originally from a small town in Western New York, she suffers from a bad case of wanderlust and usually ends up moving someplace new every few years. As of now, she lives in the Pacific Northwest with The Boyfriend, a diva schnoodle, a plucky pug-mix, and #writercat.

When she's not writing about hunky military heroe

HORNET (5 books)
  • SEAL of Honor (HORNET, #1)
  • Broken Honor (HORNET, #3)
  • Code of Honor (HORNET, #4)
  • Reckless Honor (Hornet, #5)
“How can you have so much compassion? Isn’t it exhausting caring so much?” “Not as exhausting as pretending not to care about anything.” 3 likes
“One shot, one kill. Anything more is a waste.” He ejected the fired cartridge, chambered a fresh round. “Find the others.” The corner of Ian’s mouth kicked up in a sardonic half smile and he lifted the scope again. “This doesn’t mean we’re friends. I still think you’re window-licking insane, Hero.” “And I still think you’re an evil motherfucker, so we’re even. Now find me another target.” 2 likes