Start by marking “Just One Song (Just One Song, #1)” as Want to Read:
Just One Song (Just One Song, #1)

Just One Song

(Just One Song #1)

Librarian's Note: This is an alternate cover for ASIN B00CB2ITZS

Nicole Parsons had the perfect life, made complete with the suburban home and the proverbial white picket fence. When tragedy struck and she lost the most important people in her life, she turned away from everything she loved before; shutting out every reminder of the perfect life she lost.

It has been one ye
Published April 16th 2013 (first published April 9th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Just One Song, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*

3.5- 4 Sweeeeeet Stars!

This is exactly what this book was- soo very sweeet!

Nicole is empty... Why? Because she lost everything in her life that mattered to her.
Her husband- the love of her life Mark
Her Son- The light of her life- Andrew

After her husband and son meet up in an accident and die Nicole is so very alone.

Its been one year, three months, one week and six days since the accident and Nicole is ready to stop counting the says she's survived and begin living again...

On her first night ou
Talltree
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sweet, sexy and low angst romance about a h who had suffered a loss and laidback rockstar H? I was pleasantly surprised how the book dealt with a tragic situation or the paparazzi-sensational happenings in a classy, non-exploitative way, leaving the excessive drama out of it. Enjoyable read!

4 stars!
Hanne
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nicole stopped living after something tragically happened with her family. She stopped enjoying music. She never expected to meet the famous singer, Zack, the day she decided to finally move on and enjoy life again. Nicole has two amazing days with Zack when Zack needs to leave to continue his tour. Zack doesn’t want to say goodbye to Nicole and asks her to join him to make pictures of the tour. Nicole accepts his offer and she has a great time on tour. She and Zack grow closer and fall in love. ...more
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
This was a really sweet story. It's low on angst, and has a hero and heroine that you want to root for. There is a lot to love. I enjoyed watching Nicole come back to life after such a huge loss, and there is no doubt that Zack was the perfect hero.

There were a few minor things that kept this, for me, from being a four or five star read.

Some of this is spoiler-ish, so proceed with caution.

- Zack was a little too perfect. Seriously, he never does or says anything but the absolute best thing in
Rejane
I have nothing to say. Actually I do: predictable, boring and the plot being a grieving mother/wife there was zero emotion here. I felt only annoyance when she talked or remembered the deceased ones. Besides her inability to speak, think of words to say or not being able to form a coherent thought. Dumb and dumber.
Liz
Apr 23, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: rock-band, widow
Dull, boring, sad.

Woman who lost her husband and young son in tragic car accident finds love with rock star. Even the sex was boring in this.
Jul 06, 2014 rated it it was ok
When I started this free read it seemed promising but then it just peters out and drags and becomes predictable (it's so obvious she'll become the keyboard player).

The emotional impact that Nicole's history is supposed to generate fell flat for me. There wasn't enough background about how happy and in love she had been and whilst we read a little of her husband, the son wasn't mentioned much or how upset she as a mother was to lose her son.

As for Zack he was just far too nice and understanding.
Dana
Apr 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG! Finally a book where the guy doesn't sleep around and the girl isn't a whinger!!
I absolutely adore zack and Nicole.
Nicole's story is heart wrenching! What she goes through is devastating. But she is such a strong character and doesn't bitch and moan.
Zach.. Oh Zach!! What a beautiful man!! It was such a relief to read about a guy who is so in love with someone that it prevents him from doing stupid things.
This book was well written too and the supporting characters fantastic.
A MUST READ
Tonya
Apr 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Initially I made up my mind this would be a4 star read mainly because it was a love at first sight thing and although I am a hopeless romantic I don't do love at first sight but toward the end I changed because it was just to frigging sweet. I loved all of the characters especially Zack and Nicole, who are the main ones but Nicole's friend Mia was awesome as well.
A story of love lost, grief, letting to of the past, finding yourself and finding happiness.

Nicole lost so much already and along with
Karla Mae (Reads and Thoughts)
Stories like this one is nothing new if you're an avid New Adult reader like myself, you'll get the idea of a very weak heroine being saved by a strong (mostly handsome, rock star guys) guy that would make her happy and they'll live happily ever after fighting all their battles. Just One Song never did fall out from that line though - it was familiar yet something about it would make you stick with it through the end.

When I read, its so usual for me to get first impressions as I start and furthe
Melody Cox
Jul 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Rating 4.25 stars.

I read Just One Song and Just One Week in the same day. For me, Just One Song was definitely the better read of the two. All of the characters were nicely developed and more than one dimensional. I don't believe that the band members were your typical lot of rock stars. Yes, they partied and slept around but there was so much more to them than that and once they found their forever girl the sexcapades abruptly ended. Now, does this represent any rock stars of today? I really do
Windy
Mar 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 to 4 sweet love at 1st sight hearts<3<3<3<3this was a super sweet story of the sexy rock star falling for the no name broken girl it had no real drama except for the the bitch ex girlfriend i enjoyed Zack and Nichols story love in music photo: Music Is Love Music_Is_Love.jpg true love photo: true love tl.gifZack  photo jared_leto_zps976e24f3.jpgNic  photo NinaDobrev_zpsd8fe5248.jpg  photo FindingLove_zpsae80b341.jpg
Natalie
Mar 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: beta, owned
This story was so awesome. It is the perfect love story with heartbreak thrown in before during and after. It is hard to put down. Tragedy struck Nicole and she is shattered. She needs to live again and her best friend and her go to dinner. She accepts a bet to get a guy to buy her a drink. From there the love story grows as Nicole doesn't recognize Zack who is a rock star. Zack has never met someone who doesn't use him for his status. It is impossible not to fall in love with Zack or Nicole. I ...more
Mandy
Jan 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Really enjoyed this book. I really liked the main character, Nicole. She suffered a terrible loss when her husband and son died but she was really strong and worked on moving on in her life and finding love again. I also loved Zack. Who doesn't love a sexy rock star? Nicole's best friend Mia is awesome and I'm so glad book 2 is about her and Chase!
Nicla
Sep 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good low angst and very sweet rockstar romance.

HEA (view spoiler)
Cheating/OW (view spoiler)
Angst Level: Low 3/10
Heat Level: Medium 6/10
Anna

Felt too insta for me. The idea was good though, story's just not good enough.
Apr 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Just One Song is Stacey Lynn's debut novel and she did an amazing job. Just One Song is a love story about grief and loss, and the guilt and fear of moving on from that loss.

Nicole Parsons had the perfect life, but unfortunately tragedy struck and took it all away from her. It is now one year, 3 months and 1 week later and Nicole still feels numb inside. For the past 15 months she has been going through the motions of everyday life trying to survive, but has not felt "alive" since that
*The Angry Reader*
Made it to 25%. Generic. Sad chick meets rock star. Same sentences I've read 1000 times. Done-zo
Hollie
Sweet love story - No great angst or drama

This was one of those reads that’s just almost too sweet. It works though.

The pros:
* This was a complete story - no cliffhangers
* No unnecessary drama (no cheating, scandals, backstabbing, etc)
* The hero in this read was quite charming
* I liked how the heroine faced adversity and dark times but got a second chance at love
* I nice read where you get your HEA
* This was listed as a freebie on Amazon at my time of purchase. That’s a gesture very much apprec
Kim Person
Mar 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Emotional journey of the sweetest kind ~ 5 +++++ stars for this beautifully written book that will have you on your knees praying for Nic to heal and loving every freaking minute of the sexy as all get out Zack ~ This is book demands tissues, squeeeeeees and jumping around with giddiness ~ I will post full review later ~ comes out April 16th ~ HIGHLY recommend I can't wait to read it again :)
Laura's Book Addiction
I really enjoyed this novel. I cried quiet a bit but a good read only downside I thought the epilogue was to short!!!
Ruthie
May 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book like it was a slow dance that you never wanted to end. Was absolutely beautiful.
Felecia Hickman- amaya
Tragically Beautiful Love story . This book is amazing I laughed I cried . I love Zack so glad he brought her to happiness .
Kent
Jan 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: adult
I really enjoyed this story, but there were soooo many typos. :(
R. Holmes
Jul 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Absoloutely loved this! Such a sweet read.
Varied Books
Jun 02, 2017 marked it as on-kindle-to-read
Shelves: kindle-freebie
6/2/17 Ammy freebie
Sadie Bissett
"It has been one year, three months, one week and six days since the accident."

Wow... Just One Song was such a beautiful love story, I loved every moment of it. I have read other reviews that stated that it seemed to be insta-love, but it really wasn't like that. There was an instant attraction that seemed like it was more than just lust. But I think everyone has felt like that at least once before; that if given the opportunity, that attraction could become so much more, in fact, it could becom
Danielle
This novel was predictable and even for a love story, a little too dramatic.

It's an easy read but the main character - Nicole, explains everything even when it's easy to figure out. For example, 'I was crying because it is sad'. Obviously. If you are talking about a sad event that still upsets you, the reason for crying is because you are sad.

Now, how to put this sensitively. Nicole is an emotional wreck and with reason, she lost her husband and son in a tragic car crash and since, is trying to
Shanoff Reads
May 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 STARS

I absolutely LOVED this rock star romance book. I have had this book on my kindle for ages and I finally decided to read it and oh my goodness was it worth the wait.

There are so many great things about this book that I love and that I have not seen in any other rocker romance books. I love the heavy emotional aspect of this book. I NEVER cry while reading book...okay I do get choked up and my eyes tend to sting, but hardly ever are there actual tears...this book has made my list of ugly
Jasmyne
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
This book to me seemed great; it was a great concept and a little different from what I was used to reading. I was interested as I read, but then it just felt like the story went on and on. By the time I finished, I was scanning through the pages, reprimanding myself for doing it and going back to read them. I was irritated with the length of it by the time I finished and was reminded intensely of Lamb Chomp's "This is the Song That Never Ends." I left the review alone for a bit so that I could ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Need Recommendation for a book(s). 1 1 Oct 24, 2016 08:02AM

• Translation of Love (Of Love, #1)
  • Blessed Tragedy (Blessed Tragedy, #1)
  • Love Revolution (Brutal Strength #2; Black Cat Records, #2)
  • Lifeless (Lifeless, #1)
  • When I Look to the Sky (Rock and Roll Trilogy, #2)
  • Embrace You (Loneliness, #2)
  • Fury (The Sound Wave Series, #1)
  • Learn to Fly
  • Finding Her Rhythm (Backstage Pass, #1)
  • Strangers (Strangers, #1)
  • Battlescars: A Rock & Roll Romance (Battlescars, #1)
  • Love Exactly
  • A Night with the Rock Star (Taking Stage, #2)
  • Incidental Happenstance
  • Room to Breathe
  • Access Restricted (Access, #2)
  • Rock into Me (Rule Breaker, #1)
  • Everybody Falls (Wynter's Vicious, #1)
Stacey Lynn is the author of more than two dozen romance and erotic romance novels. Most of which have been best sellers on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks!

Amazon: http://amzn.to/2GhozSE
Facebook: http://bit.ly/2C1XYLe
Twitter: http://bit.ly/2EwGQPg
Instagram: http://bit.ly/2o2KUg4

Visit my Facebook Group where we talk about books and everything else that comes into our minds

Just One Song (4 books)
  • Just One Week (Just One Song, #2)
  • Just One Regret (Just One Song #3)
  • Just One Moment (Just One Song #4)
“I question briefly if Mia is right. Am I running just because I’m afraid of a new relationship? I shake my head at myself in the bathroom as I pack up all my toiletries. That’s not it at all. I should have given more thought to what a relationship with Zack would mean before I ever stepped foot on this bus. If I would have been thinking clearly and not listening to Mia, I never would have come. And none of this would be happening.” 0 likes