Start by marking “The Summer Bird (The Seraphimé Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Summer Bird (The Seraphimé Saga, #1)

Read Book

The Summer Bird

(The Seraphimé Saga #1)

After a devastating raid by the slavers of the eastern Ottalan Empire that cripples her clan, killing the chieftain and his wife, Seraphimé, princess of the Osprey Clan, is left for dead in the snows of her homeland, the Sierran Tundra.

Rescued and then guided by an ancient god who seeks to wake the tundra and rally her nations against the looming Eagle of the Desert,
Published October 31st 2013 by S.M.Carrière

To ask other readers questions about The Summer Bird, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Summer Bird

Start your review of The Summer Bird (The Seraphimé Saga, #1)
Susan
Jun 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
*There are some spoilers but I made sure they weren't anything you weren't already told on the back cover*

This first book actually threw me for a bit of a loop because I had no idea what to expect. You follow a lady, if you will, named Seraphime. Her tribe is attacked by another rival and vicious tribe and she is left to die. The rest of the novel she finds a way to avenge her tribes slaughter and go after the Greyl tribe through some interesting assistance. It's a rough book in the sense that
Bill Eggleton
Oct 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I first met S.M. Carriere last May and have since become friends with her. I have read everything she has published and find myself wanting more. This is my second time through "The Summer Bird" and I was just as enthralled with it as I was with my first read!
"The Summer Bird" is an excellent story with very good character development. I love the fact that S.M. Carriere refrains from describing in painful, minute-by-minute details of several six month journeys, but maintained a good pace
WTL
Sep 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Ken
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, the characters are vibrant and full of life. The authors description and story line draws the reader in and includes them in the story bringing everything alive. I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series.
Robert Dowsett
May 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This review is for both 'The Summer Bird' and 'The Winter Wolf', the two books of the Seraphime Saga.

I finished them up awhile back and I had a hard time putting them down. The story was very engaging and I was always interested to see what came next. The sense of pacing was excellent and both books had a very good flow to them, both individually and as halves of a two-part series.

(As a side note, I love a good two-part series - it's so rare that someone wrangles a story that wouldn't properly
Keyanna Shelnutt
Eva Gerus
Cheryl
Michelle
Sep 30, 2013
When S.M. Carrière isn't brutally killing your favourite characters, she spends her time teaching martial arts, live streaming video games, and cuddling her cats. In other words, she spends her time teaching others to kill, streaming her digital kills, and cuddling furry murderers.

Author bio helpfully provided by Éric Desmarais.

The Seraphimé Saga (2 books)
  • The Winter Wolf (The Serahpimé Saga, Volume 2)