Start by marking “Unite (Project Integrate, #1)” as Want to Read:
Unite (Project Integrate, #1)

Unite

(Project Integrate #1)

United They Stand.

Seventeen years ago an entire generation of aliens were sent to Earth in order to save their home planet and integrate into the human population. Now, those aliens are being hunted.

Amery Jones is your typical teenager, except for the fact she is an alien and a member of the government’s secret Project Integrate.

When Amery’s best friend Lola is kidnapped i
Published December 3rd 2013 (first published November 26th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Unite, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unite

Anne
Jan 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
This review can also be seen at Addicted2Heroines

Unite has a very cool premise, and it made me a bit sad that I didn't like it more. I'd like to see how it all turns out in the end, but I don't think I'll be continuing this series.

So, somewhere out there there's another planet (like ours) that is going to be destroyed within the next few decades.
Something along the lines of colliding with another planet ...or maybe asteroids?
Years ago, they contacted the leaders of our planet and worked out a d
Aurélie (Exploring Pages)
Dec 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: People interested in an original alien novel
Recommended to Aurélie (Exploring Pages) by: Netgalley
More reviews on my blog, Exploring Pages.
"I can't. Going into hiding will ruin the whole project." I didn't waste seventeen years being different just to hide at the end and not see it through. "I'm not doing it. I'll either win or die trying."
- Amery, Unite

Thank you Netgalley and Jamie Campbell for providing me with a copy of this book!

Not going to lie: I went straight into this book with a thought of it going to dissapoint me, just as I thought with Salt by Danielle Ellison. I haven't read man
Esther
Dec 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Reasons this book deserved 4 stars:

- The storyline was very unique - genuinely haven't read anything like it.
- The characters were quite believable in their actions and speech towards one another. When one of them lies, for example, although the reader (me) knows it is the wrong thing to do, the reader (me) cannot help but empathise with the character.
- The book had good grammar. It didn't make me want to throw up.
- It was gripping. There is no
Stargirl
Jan 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
You know what? I really like Unite. I actually was going to put 3 stars because I don't feel it was like "the best book ever" or anything really sticking out in the lot of YA books but it was still such a fun ride and I just download the second book.

First thing cool about the book? It's about aliens and it brings a fun twist to the story. I'm not saying there not other alien books, but they're not many in YA compared to all the fantasy/magical/etc stuff.
I also liked the set up that the aliens
Sofia Li
Jan 27, 2014 rated it liked it
My Background: I knew nothing about this book except what I had read from the synopsis. I signed up for the blog tour. My background sections are usually longer, but that's honestly all I got.

Plot 7/10: While I really enjoyed the book, I didn't think it told the story we believed we signed up to read. I expected Amery to be more focused on the integration process and the program. The story I heard was a love-story about a boy and a girl who supposedly hate each other, but bond together while tr
Jacquie Bolton
Dec 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013-releases, arcs

This book was a struggle. It took me MONTHS to read it, because I kept tossing it aside to read something (ANYTHING) else.

The premise was interesting enough, it was just poorly executed and lacked any realism.

The idea is that somewhere in the vast area we call space, there is another planet very much like our own. This other planet is in the path of another planet... asteroid... whatever. Point is the planet they are living on is going to be destroyed. So in an effort to save themselves t
MGGMMGGM
May 11, 2014 rated it liked it
Originally posted at The Solitary Bookworm

Amery has been in a government controlled program since birth. Why? Well she is special and she is an alien. She knows the important and there is no exception. She has to play by the rules and Amery is repeatedly reminded of the importance of the project and her cooperation. Everything gets complicated when Lola is kidnapped by a group of people who wants to stop the program. To Amery, it's not about following the rules anymore, she has to do whatever it
Elizabeth Ashley
Overall--Unite was an interesting and new take on aliens. Amery and Lola's relationship was really interesting, and enjoyable. I also liked that Amery admitted to the reader how hard it was to constantly be nice to everyone, and pretend to be happy when it was so evident she was not interested in being everyone's friends. It made me sympathetic towards Amery, as she was obviously going through a lot. I liked the action and adventure throughout the 2nd half of the book, and felt the world buildin ...more
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club
We are The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club, to know more about this book, go to the post in our website:

Unite (Project Integrate #1) by Jamie Campbell

If you are interested, you can visit our website:

The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club

The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club's Review:

Rate: 3 stars

Review:

Unite is a very enjoyable young adult science fiction novel filled with aliens, action, great characters and unexpected turns.

Unite starts with the idea of another planet being destroyed
Stacey
Dec 03, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc, won-t-read-again
More Reviews:

** I received this as an eARC through Netgalley from the publisher in exchange for a review. In no way does that effect the thoughts and opinions expressed here. I did not receive compensation in any way for this review.**

REVIEW

Hmm. Well. That was disappointing.

I had such high hopes for this book only to have it fall flatter than flat. Don't get me wrong, it had it's redeeming points but there were some serious issues that truly drove me batty!!

First off the MC is being trained
Chrissy
Feb 11, 2014 rated it liked it
Amery is an alien.

Okay, so she's not a googly-eyed green critter or even one of those weird bouncy aliens like in that (tragic) movie SIGNS. No, instead, she actually looks pretty normal, besides a triangle marking on her wrist -- but she's part of Project Integrate, a secret government plot that allows a race of aliens to live covertly on Earth from birth until a later announcement of their presence, once the generation has reached adulthood. By this time, Earth will have had an opportunity to
Online Eccentric Librarian

More reviews (and no fluff) on the blog http://surrealtalvi.wordpress.com/

Unite (Project Integrate 1) is an light-urban-fantasy that may interest tweens but more sophisticated readers will probably be put off by the inconsistencies in story and lack of depth in the characters. Although it purports to have a sci fi scene, really there is no science fiction in here.

Amery Jones appears to be a normal teen but is in reality part of a seed program to relocate human-like alien babies from their dyin
Renee Rearden
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle, ya, sci-fi
Amery Jones is from another world. Through government negotiations, she and other alien babies are sent to Earth to assimilate into human culture, live among humans for 25 years, and succeed at their given task of becoming productive members of society…without humans knowing of their alien heritage.

We’ve all heard the saying, “Divide and conquer.” Ms. Campbell chose a unique angle with “integration” in Unite…and it was a good choice. Unfortunately, execution and plot development hampered my enjo
Wolfie
Jan 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
Writer Person

So this is a pretty weird review to write. Because on one hand, I liked it enough to want to continue. But on the other hand, this wasn't a very good book. The idea was interesting, but the execution... Not my style, in the least.

The world building was... weak. I got the purpose of the project. I got why the project was important, I just don't think hiding aliens among humans and then revealing them out of nowhere is a good idea. Have you seen Men in Black?

"Why the big secret? Peopl
Felicitia
Dec 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc, reviewed
Unite is unique in lots of ways, and I am really sad that I didn't like this book as much as I expect myself to.

From the outside, you would think that Amery Jones is our regular teenager. But there's more to it than that. Amery is not even a human. She's an alien, chosen to live her whole life on Earth as a member of the government's project, Project Integrate. It's a project where the aliens integrate with the human population in order to be able to live side by side, since their home planet is
Aneta Bak
Nov 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, netgalley
"She leaned in, making sure nobody could hear her. "I know you're different, Amery. I just wish you would tell me why."

Amery Jones is an Alien. She looks just like you and me, the only difference is a small triangle mark on her arm.
When strange men in black suits find Amery, she knows that they mean her harm and she has to do everything in her power to save herself and the future of her people, as well as those she loves, which is never easy.

This is definitely one of my favorite alien books ou
Jasmyn
This contemporary science fiction was very subtle at first. We know that Amery is part of a special program, but we aren't entirely sure what it is at first. Her life and history are revealed in pieces as we need to know them. She seems to be quite the average teenage girl - boy troubles, school troubles, parent troubles, but to top it all off she's not actually human.

I loved that the book didn't dwell to much on her accepting the fact that she was different. She had already done that and moved
Alexandra
Jan 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
The full review on my blog: http://sleepsontables.blogspot.co.at/...

Who doesn't love a good alien read? This one is just that. It's similar to other alien books where there are, hey some aliens hiding out on Earth. This is the first one that I've read however, where the government knows about them and are trying to integrate them into society. So that take on it was fresh. Also, I liked how the threat that forced them to come to Earth wasn't other aliens hell-bent on destroying their existence b
Clever Girl
Jan 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Amery. I'm still getting to know her but I do know that she's a good person, a loyal friend, a person who will go to great lengths to do the right thing, a person with a lot on her shoulders. I liked Lochie. He's smart, has a sense of humor, and has just the right amount of snark. He's also kind of amazing once you see the lengths he'll go to for Amery.

I never really understood the antagonism Amery had towards Lochie, especially because she's easy going the rest of the time. I would have expecte
Francine Soleil
Feb 03, 2014 marked it as did-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
originally posted here: http://alwayslostinbooks.wordpress.co...

I read 50% of this book.

This book made me so angry that I wanted to pull my hair out or punch the wall. Amery is possibly the most infuriating character I have ever met. I loathe her so much. What I hated most about her is how she hates Lochie so much. I do not understand this hate at all. As far as I see it, Lochie did one mean thing to her YEARS ago on their first day of school as children. They’re in high school now. Why hasn’t A
Kelly (Diva Booknerd)
I enjoyed the premise of Unite, it reminded me of Jennifer L. Armentrout's Lux series, but for the younger audience. The planet of Trucon is expected to be wiped from the solar system by a meteor and Earth is the only planet where inhabitants can migrate to. The government have allowed the children to enter a twenty five year trial, in which humans will be told about the aliens that walk among us on completion. But The Originals are determined to end their
Francesca
Dec 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
The book follows Amery, who is an alien, and shows the reader a new world. The author immediately puts the reader into a world of what ifs and confusion. The whole world we made up about aliens is shattered in this novel.

The main character, Amery, was a little aggravating in the middle of the book. I just did not like the whole thing between her and Lochie. To me this was the cliche romance between the hated enemies, and it made me a little angry because I believed it was not necessary. I did l
Meghann
Sep 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is about Amery Jones, an Alien from the planet like ours but there is an asteroid that is going to hit the planet and destroy their world. We follow Amery as threats outside of the governmental program that protects her and the other youth like her, start threatening her life and those around her. This is an amazing story that offers a fresh story for the young adult genre. The only questions I had is, why do they always have to have the main character be torn between two guys and also ...more
Laurie
Jan 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
I have to say that I really enjoyed this book. First of all, I think that it is a very original story with the aliens wanting to save their species by going on earth, but want to fit in with the humans and not exterminate them. Also, the characters are very realistic, which I enjoy. Second of all, it is a pretty fast and addicting read because I’ve read it in only two days.

The only thing that disappointed me is that the love story was kind of cliché. The girl that hates the boy since forever, b
Becca ~BS BOOK REVIEWERS~
I usually don’t read alien books, but the one series I have read is the Lux series by Jennifer Armentrout and I loved it! I did make a New Year’s resolution to start reading new genres and new authors and this book fits both.

Unite by Jamie Campbell is the first book in the Project Integrate series.

Unite is a mild YA book that’s plot is unique to me due to lack of knowledge of the genre. The idea is to intergrade aliens into society via a special FBI program.

This book was an introduction to the s
Vilde
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: disclaimer
Read through netgalley.com

Interesting concept, intriguing in the start, but gradually I got bored with it. Unite has a good premise, but eventually, I just didn't buy it. I wish Unite would have delved more into the background behind the story and not just the relationship between Amery, Lochie and Lola. Though it's somehow interesting, I found myself several times throughout the edition annoyed with the characters actions and reactions, but the fast-paced "I love you" between Amery and Lochie i
Wendy
Jul 28, 2014 rated it liked it
M.J.
Mar 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
I purchased this novel as part of a set at the Indie Authors Down Under event in March. I'm glad I did because I cannot wait to start the next book. It's by no means a perfect read - but what is? But if your enjoy strong characters and adventure, meeting aliens and love, you'll enjoy this book the way I did.
Jo
Jan 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a very engaging read with a smart (although sometimes feckless) heroine. I loved the concept that there might be aliens among us identifiable only by a triangle marking on their wrist. Some of the events are a little unbelievable, but since it is fiction that was perfectly ok with me. I definitely will be checking out the next book in the series.

• Bound (The Guardians, #1)
  • Diary of a Rocker's Kid (D.O.R.K. Series, #1)
  • Reconnaissance (Paradise Reclaimed, #2)
  • Will The Real Abi Saunders Please Stand Up?
  • Against the Darkness (Cimmerian Moon, #1)
  • Wings of Lomay (Solus, #4)
  • The Reformation of Marli Meade
  • Stars In Her Eyes (Sparkstone Saga #1)
  • Say Please (Something More, #3.5)
  • Crimson Return (Fall of Venus #2)
  • Like Falling (Surfacing, #1)
  • 'Tis the Season to be Kissed
  • Twisted Webs
  • Baiting the Boss
  • Otherborn (Otherborn, #1)
  • Entangled (Entangled, #1)
  • Heaven and Hellsbane (Hellsbane, #2)
  • Here (Here Trilogy, #1)
Jamie was born into a big, crazy family of 6 children. Being the youngest, she always got away with anything and would never shut up. Constantly letting her imagination run wild, her teachers were often frustrated when her ‘What I did on the weekend’ stories contained bunyips and princesses.

Growing up, Jamie did the sensible things and obtained a Bachelor of Business degree from Southern Cross Uni

Project Integrate (5 books)
  • Divide (Project Integrate, #2)
  • Conquer (Project Integrate, #3)
  • Soar (Project Integrate, #4)
  • Rise (Project Integrate, #5)