Start by marking “The Pirate Prince” as Want to Read:
The Pirate Prince

The Pirate Prince

Virgin Treasure
She was a jewel among women, brighter than the moon and stars. Her hair shone like newly minted gold, and her skin was as smooth and iridescent as an exquisite pearl. Her lips were lush and pink, made for kissing. She was a pirate’s prize, yet he could not so much as touch her.

Virgin Trouble
Destined for the harem of a Turkish potentate, Willow wondered wheth
Published April 16th 2013 by Ten Talents Press (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Pirate Prince, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pirate Prince

Start your review of The Pirate Prince
L.  (Maybe you can have too many books)
Willow is an English lady who is abducted and sold to a Turkish sultan, but on her way to him she's abducted yet again by Prince Dariq. Yes, author Connie Mason can't remember the name she gave to Willow's maid, and I feel Mason totally forgot she set her story during the Tudor era and started writing a Regency towards the end, but I forgive her. Connie was trying to bring us the best in HR heroes. Dariq was both a pirate and a sheik with a harem. If only he had been a highlander, then the trife ...more
JD
Feb 12, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Found this book in a Salvation Army Thrift Store. Couldn't believe this was written by a grandmother of six; if my grandmother wrote like this, I couldn't look at her the same way.
Dawn
Not for me. I'm sorry I feel bad giving this a low rating on personal preference, but I cannot like a hero who has a harem, who thinks so little of women. Be it reality or not,

Not my kind of read.
Angie
Sep 28, 2013 rated it it was ok
The Pirate Prince was just an okay read for me. I feel like I've read this "I was forced into a life of crime and now I must get my revenge by taking this hostage, but fall in love with them instead" tale several times now, and have read it done better. Prince Dariq fled Instabul when his brother, the sultan, ordered all of his male siblings killed. Now, he's a pirate but only attacks ships delivering goods to his brother. Then one day, the treasure isn't jewels, silks, and spices, but a blonde ...more
Anna
Feb 07, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Here's what I learned from this book: abduction and rape are erotic, while abortion is an act of evil.
Cheryl
HOT HOT HOT!!! Loved it!!
Deborah
Oct 02, 2013 rated it it was ok
This was a disappointing book and on most days I wouldn't have stuck with it and I'm not really sure why I did, it was very predictable but then the same can be said of a lot of romance books but this held so many mistakes, like Willow's maid was originally called Kitty but then it changes to Polly. When Saliha Sultana speaks to Willow in English Ibrahim says " I do not understand your heathenish tongue " yet later in the book he's speaking perfect English. Also Dariq made the observation about ...more
Kate
Feb 04, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
SPOILERS! Mason is really good at naming her characters.

Things Mason has taught me through her writing:
No means Yes
Abortion is WRONG
"Pulling out" is probably an effective form of birth control

This book blows if you have any regard for yourself, or for decent literature. I was offended reading this garbage, and that's hard to do. I don't get offended at silly romance novels, but rape = sexy? Nope, not buying it.
Kathrynn
Dec 24, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Historical Romance Readers
I enjoyed this book and though I read it several years ago, I remember it well. Nice characters. Prince Dariq had a loyal servant, Mustafa, and he was great, too. Fun read and the culture change for this author was...refreshing. HOT!
Lynne
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say Pirates!!!!! 😊
mandarinmom
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not every romance novel derserves a rave. The pirate prince took me by surprise! I think this is a top ten romance novel. The angst and chemistry was cerebral and deeply felt. Parts were so upsetting and others so amazing that it kept me on my toes.. and the end I was not ready to go on (like I sometimes am with romance novels where everything lines up too perfectly)
I don’t care if the heroine is too perfect, in fact I like it. I live vicariously through them and why make a heroine subpar or bor
Sheila M Prendergast
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Passionate, adventurous and a real page turner. Could not put it down.

Chose this rating because of the thrill, adventure , historical content and spellbinding romance. Everything I like to read in a story .
Sarah Johnston
All of Connie Mason books have romance, adventure, and murder.. What's not to love?
Rabia
Apr 29, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Will be reviewed and shelved when i find the time and energy after all this Covid19 phase.
Elle
Sep 25, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
She: Captive Englishwoman, purchased and destined for a sultan's harem, when her ship is pirated by the hero.

He: The sultan's brother. To avenge the murder of his brothers, he has been harassing the sultan's fleet and taking plunder. The sultan has threatened to kill the hero's mother if he doesn't turn himself in. He knows his brother is eager for this new addition to his harem and intends to trade the heroine for his mother.

Of course, as they begin to have feelings for each other, his conflict
Dawn
Jul 09, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Wow I adored this book,hot sizzling scenes between our hero and heroine, just perfect, and as usual Connie Mason delivered with this enthralling story,I did find myself actually feeling jealous of "Lady Willow" and Dariq well, WOW!!! hot/sexy man...brilliant.
I really wish I had "found" Connie years ago.....but I am really enjoying *catching-up*
Cindy Woods
Feb 21, 2016 rated it did not like it
Is this a comedy?

This book is so stupid I laughed through the entire thing. The dialogue is horrendously silly....makes the characters look and act ridiculous! The only reason I give one star is so I could write this review to forewarn others from wasting money...unless you want a good laugh. Really...I would never ever recommend this awful book to anyone....it is a shame!
Jaclyn Goss
Nov 13, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Guilty... after reading the sea king, I had high hopes for another seaward hottie. Book was entertaining, though not my favorite. Main charactor is the classic headstrong female, who is unaware of her beauty as she is her perilous situation. Very predictable.
Koxecho
A fantastic romance. Well-written with well-developed characters. This book is both exotic and erotic. I didn't want it to end!
Danette Steward
Sep 22, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mason-connie
HOT.
Dee
Sep 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book about three years ago and absolutely loved it. Connie Mason brings you "right there" in the middle of the action. She obviously did her research. Full of excitement and romance.
April Brookshire
This one was pretty good. Could have used more twists and turns, but the love between Dariq and Willow was believable.
Nancy
AMAZON FREEBIE 9/27/2013
Jenna Wood
Jul 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Always A Good Read

Whenever you pick up a book by Connie Mason, you can expect a good, entertaining read. The Pirate Prince is no exception.
A4reading
Sep 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it, it's a really interesting story and it has some unexpected turns that kept me reading until late at night.
Casey
Jan 26, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Kind of reminded me of a poorly written verison of Kinley MacGregor's Sea Wolves series but with worse characters and a totally different setting. Overall, it was just awful.
Brooke Booye
Nov 09, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
better than a box of chocolate, ha ha

• Brazen
  • Warrior's Woman (Ly-San-Ter, #1)
  • Feather in the Wind (Time Travel #3)
  • Apache Runaway
  • Vamps and the City (Love at Stake, #2)
  • Castles (Crown's Spies #4)
  • Tykota's Woman
  • Dark Prince (Dark, #1)
  • A Pirate's Pleasure (North American Woman Trilogy, #2)
  • The Pirate And His Lady
  • Lady Pirate
  • The Gift (Crown's Spies, #3)
  • Spirit's Song
  • Guerrilla Marketing: Easy and Inexpensive Strategies for Making Big Profits from Your Small Business
  • Once Upon a Tower (Fairy Tales, #5)
  • Defy Not the Heart (Shefford's Knights #1)
  • A Pirate of Her Own (Sea Wolves, #2)
  • Strictly Forbidden
Connie Mason or Cara Miles is the best-selling author of more than fifty historical romances and novellas. Her tales of passion and adventure are set in exotic as well as American locales. Connie was named Story Teller of the Year in 1990 by Romantic Times and was awarded Career Achievement award in the Western category by Romantic Times in 1994. Connie makes her home in Tarpon Springs, Florida wi ...more