Start by marking “Duell der Dimensionen (Skulduggery Pleasant, #7)” as Want to Read:
Duell der Dimensionen (Skulduggery Pleasant, #7)

Duell der Dimensionen

(Skulduggery Pleasant #7)

Warum haben ganz normale Sterbliche plötzlich magische Fähigkeiten? Die wenigsten können damit umgehen. Wie zum Beispiel Jerry, der sich für einen Schmetterling hält. Ausgerechnet Walküre muss ihn ständig aus der Luft holen und das nervt. Schließlich wurde sie zur Weltenretterin ausgebildet und nicht zum Babysitter für durchgeknallte Sterbliche.
Aber einige dieser Neu-Magie
Published October 9th 2013 by Loewe (first published August 30th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Duell der Dimensionen, please sign up.
Toni they havent puplished the 9th book yet in my country but I bought it in the internet a year ago... its worth it believe me

Jasmine
Aug 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: To anyone who loves the Skulduggery Pleasant Series and Sci-Fi. Trust me: you’ll be in heaven.
Since the beginning of summer, I’ve waited for this book.
And waited... And waited some more...
The Australians and New Zealanders got it first. A month before anyone else. I was furious beyond explanation.
I waited...
It was released early on Kindle. I can’t read a Kindle (for some strange reason, my eyes get sore).
I waited...
The day before the offical release, I was in the bookstore and right in front of me; a guy held KOTW in his hands. And when I went to the desk, asking was my order
Kribu
ETA: Second read finished, just in time for book eight next week. It's still pretty damn powerful, and I think I noticed more details this time around - details that should very likely be relevant for Last Stand of Dead Men.

I'm not ready for LSODM. I'm really not. But at the same time, I can't wait. (Knowing that there will be one more book after LSODM, I'm relatively sure some people will have to survive. Probably.)

---
Original comments from 1 August 2012:
---

Just finished, and...

A more coherent
Katie.dorny
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Well that definitely one of the most insane cliffhangers I’ve ever read..
Skulduggery and Valkyrie are back!! And even though it took a while to get into the meat of the story, it was all the way epic one we reached there!!
Mortals are suddenly able to control magic - investigating how that’s possible, who’s responsible and the consequences/clean up of said incident is the plot of the story. However it takes so many twists and turns you literally never know who is gonna be exposed next or who migh
Stopped
Jan 14, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I picked up this book a few weeks ago, remembering how the first instalment of the series had entertained me when I was thirteen. Sadly, all the appeal has faded now I'm older and, truthfully, I can't think of anyone I would recommend the series to.

Firstly, the novel is hard to place. The style and writing is clearly written for children while the content contains so much gratuitous violence and murder it hurts. I'm not sure who Landy is writing for, but it seems odd to construct a novel so obv
Книжни Криле
Когато една книга има над 10 000 гласа в Goodreads и рейтинг по-висок от 4.5, то явно книгата не е каква да е. Когато обаче въпросната книга е номер 7 (да, СЕДЕМ!!!) в многотомна поредица, това вече наистина е свидетелство, че авторът е някаква абсолютна машина! Досетихте ли се кой е тоя литературен терминатор? Да, Дерек Ланди. А седмата книга от размазващата поредица „Скълдъгъри Плезънт” се нарича „Царството на злото”. Прочетете ревюто на "Книжни Криле": https://knijnikrile.wordpress.com/201...
daisy
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Uhhhhhh, what the fuck @ that ending?? Wha?? What????
(view spoiler)

Proper RTC later!
L.
CO TO BYLO PROBOHA ZA KONEC?? Ta mrňavá, hnusná...
xmekalux
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: four-stars
Was soll ich schon groß sagen? Der Teil war genau so gut wie auch schon die Bänder davor. Ein direkter Einstieg, viel Aktion und eine gute Portion Derek Landy Humor. Da kann man sich wirklich nicht beschweren ;)
Besonders gut hat es mir dieses Mal gefallen, dass nicht das gesamte Leben von Walküre so super rosa rot beschrieben wurde. Sie ist auch mal erschöpft und möchte einfach nur etwas Zeit mit ihrer Familie verbringen können. Hoffentlich wird das auch noch in den nächsten Teilen weiter themat
Amelie
Feb 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-bookshelf
Nein, tut mir leid, ich muss da jetzt einen Stern abziehen. Auch wenn es mich innerlich fast zerreißt, aber das ganze Buch zerreißt mich innerlich. Ich bin sicher, das wird sich auch in den beiden Büchern, die da noch kommen werden, nicht ändern.

Warum das Buch gut ist, das habe ich, denke ich, schon oft genug erwähnt: Die genialen Protas, die awesome Magie, die detailreichen Gegenspieler und Nebencharaktere und die unerwarteten Blow-your-Mind Wenden. All das hatte auch Duell der Dimensionen und
Ela
Oct 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. She just...and the...with that...Wow.

Derek Landy has outdone himself yet again. I don't think I've ever read a series that has matured and grown so quickly as the books continued. In this book he managed to maintain the hilarity and the fantastic characters, as well as adding a load of great new aspects. At one point we were in a parallel world, at first I thought 'meh, I guess this is quite cool' then it was all I could do to stop myself from running down the street shrieking, 'THIS IS AMA
Booknut
Our favourite Skeleton Detective is back, with his not-so-sidekick-sidekick Valkyrie Cain - but not for a holiday or casual investigations. Everyday mortals are starting to have paranormal powers; fat butterfly men being the prime example.

But this isn't the only problem. Old friends return to backstab, ex's become fond of muffins, Grand Mage's don't bother to read the manuals, headless zombies search for new bodies, true names are found and enemies believed dead make reappearances. Why can't th
Wart Hill
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
that ending though!!
Kimberley doruyter
a little long but still so good.
i love how derek landy still gets some comedy inbetween the serious stuff.
ekaterina
colleen the convivial curmudgeon
3.5

Oh my gods, the ending of this book...

It's one of those epilogues which is really a hook for the next book and this tactic sort of annoys me a lot of the time but I've been waiting for this particular hook to take shape for ages, and now I'm all wriggling for the next damn book!

Ugh!

Only two more to go in the series, if Landy sticks to the plan. And, to be honest, as much as I do enjoy the books, generally, I'm glad that there is an end in sight because I don't know how much longer the formul
Kayenta
Sep 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Crazyjamie
Sep 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'll be honest. After the last Skulduggery Pleasant Book (Death Bringer) I was genuinely concerned that Landy had run out of ideas for this series. I actually said as much in my review on here. Because whilst Landy can clearly knock out sharp and witty dialogue until the cows come home, to be perfectly blunt the plot in the last book generally was below par for the series as a whole.

Fortunately, Kingdom of the Wicked is not just a return to form, for me it is the best book in the series. I actu
Emma
Aug 27, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Amanda
Nov 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm so glad I reread this book because I had remembered so little of it from my first reading 4 years ago. This plot is a pretty complicated one for the series, and it's really dark, but as always still compelling and enjoyable, especially with the funny quips that are key to my love of the Skulduggery Pleasant series. The ending was super dark and foreboding. I have no idea what the next books in the series will bring, but right now nothing is looking good.
Katie
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh wow, so far this one is close to being a favourite in the series. I’m going to be sad when it ends!!
Stef Rozitis
The fast pace and witty dialogue made this in many ways an enjoyable read despite its flaws. Like nearly all 600 page books it was too long and in parts it seemed like the author was being self-indulgent however there print is spaced far apart for easy reading and the pacing of the story itself means that most of the time the pages practically turn themselves. The long and lingering descriptions of violence and huge proportion of the book seen through the perspective of various sort of villains ...more
Judy
Oct 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the particular Irish humour of Derek Landy's books. I don't read a huge amount of Children's books but every now and then one of my favourites comes out and I have to keep up with the story to see what the characters are up to.

I didn't really enjoy the last Skulduggery book and thought I might not bother with this one, but it was back on form and much more exciting than the last.

Valkyrie and Skulduggery are on the hunt for a pacifist sorcerer who has decided to 'gift' magic to mortals. Un
Sheetal
Sep 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The seventh instalment in the biggest, funniest, most thrilling comedy-horror-adventure series in the universe - and the follow-up to 2011’s number-one bestseller, Death Bringer…

Magic is a disease.

Across the land, normal people are suddenly developing wild and unstable powers. Infected by a rare strain of magic, they are unwittingly endangering their own lives and the lives of the people around them. Terrified and confused, their only hope lies with the Sanctuary. Skulduggery Pleasant and Valkyr
Hadlai
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everything that could possibly go wrong seemed to go wrong, which, story-wise, is great, but I think I said "Craaaaaap," out loud at least 3 times last night.
I've been waiting for it to happen since Book 1 but this is the book that made me absolutely adore Ghastly Bespoke. In future books, I'd rather he didn't end up getting split in half.
I really loved the whole discourse on pacificism. It was nice not having a main character suffer inner turmoil for 20 chapters over killing the bad guy for on
Zohal
Mar 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
NO WAY NO WAY NO WAY NO WAY

This is now my favourite book in the series so far

SO MANY THINGS HAPPEN. SO MANY THINGS I AM NOT ALLOWED TO SAY.

There are also many gross, disgusting bits in this book.

OVERALL............ AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see how the last two books will play out.

Well only two years left to find out =) =) =) =)
Nicole Foster
Jul 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I just finished this book (9:55pm EST 30/07/12) and the only thing running through my head was OH MY GOD. I was twitching so much from reading this book because of all the cliff-hangers', action scenes and all the laugh's i had.
Derek Landy has out done himself on this one.... Can't wait for the next.
Nella
Sep 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*flails and screams incoherently about the epicness that is Skulduggery Pleasant and Valkyrie Cain*

Full review in Swedish here
Miriam Joy
Aaaah! Several of my hunches confirmed in an even more brutal fashion than I suspected. Seriously. This one is VIOLENT. Val, have you thought about therapy? Anger management? Maybe Skulduggery and Valkyrie should take up meditation or yoga. Or smoking weed. I've heard that can help.
Temi Panayotova
Apr 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Как неееее...защооо?!?! Тая поредица ми бърка дълбоко в душата...
Madison Mega-Mara...: #136 The Kingdom of the Wicked by Derek Landy 1 1 Oct 31, 2015 05:57PM
Would you be an Adept, Elementalist or a Necromancer? 9 34 Dec 20, 2014 01:08AM
finding skulduggery pleasent books 4 15 Nov 20, 2014 03:29PM
Skulduggery Pleasant: How do I get Book 7 and 8? 23 23 Apr 09, 2014 04:31AM
Skulduggery Pleasant: Skulduggery Pleasant Book 7 56 78 Jun 04, 2013 01:54PM
China?! Were have you gone?! -_- 21 49 Mar 04, 2013 05:33PM
THe Skulduggery Pleasant group 1 29 Dec 28, 2012 05:47AM
  • The Eternal Tomb (Oliver Nocturne, #5)
  • Rise of the Guardians Movie Novelization
  • Escape Velocity (H.I.V.E., #3)
  • The Dream Thief (Horatio Lyle #4)
  • Doomsday (The Phoenix files, #6)
  • Battle Lines (Department 19, #3)
  • The Fire Chronicle (The Books of Beginning, #2)
  • Gates of Rome (TimeRiders, #5)
  • Rebel (Faery Rebels, #2)
  • Sand der Zeit (Wanderer #1)
  • The Thirteenth (The Thirteenth, #1)
  • The Dragonlord's Heir (The Ascalon Trilogy, #1)
  • Glasgow RAIN: Küsse im Regen
  • The Whispering Skull (Lockwood & Co., #2)
  • Oblivion (The Gatekeepers, #5)
  • Sammy Keyes and the Night of Skulls (Sammy Keyes, #14)
Derek Landy is an Irish writer and screenwriter. In addition to the bestselling children's/YA series of Skulduggery Pleasant books, a supernatural mystery series starring Skulduggery Pleasant, a skeleton detective, and Valkyrie Cain, a young female magician, he has written two screenplays that have been made into films: the IFTA award winning "Dead Bodies" and the IFTA nominated "Boy Eats Girl". L ...more

Skulduggery Pleasant (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Skulduggery Pleasant (Skulduggery Pleasant, #1)
  • Playing with Fire (Skulduggery Pleasant, #2)
  • The Faceless Ones (Skulduggery Pleasant, #3)
  • Dark Days (Skulduggery Pleasant, #4)
  • Mortal Coil (Skulduggery Pleasant, #5)
  • Death Bringer (Skulduggery Pleasant, #6)
  • Last Stand of Dead Men (Skulduggery Pleasant, #8)
  • The Dying of the Light (Skulduggery Pleasant, #9)
  • Resurrection (Skulduggery Pleasant, #10)
  • Midnight (Skulduggery Pleasant, #11)
“I had an uneventful few days," it told her. "The most exciting thing was an hour-long lecture from the headmaster on taking our studies seriously. He said next year's exam will arrive sooner than we think."
"No, they won't," Valkyrie said, frowning. "They'll arrive next year, exactly when we expect them."
"That's what I told him," the reflection nodded. "I don't think he's comfortable with logic, because he didn't look happy. He sent me to the Career Guidance counsellor, who asked me what I wanted to do after college."
Valkyrie stowed her black clothes. "What did you say?"
"I told her I wanted to be a Career Guidance counsellor. She started crying, then accused me of mocking her. I told her if she wasn't happy in her job then she should look at other options, then pointed out that I was already doing her job better than she was. She gave me detention.”
118 likes
“Emergency Valve Regulators," she repeated. "So you do know what your doing?
"Not really," he said yanking another wire. 'I made up that term to keep you happy. I'm just pulling all the red wires because they're the pretty ones.”
105 likes