Start by marking “In Safe Arms (Grace & Poole, #2)” as Want to Read:
In Safe Arms (Grace & Poole, #2)

In Safe Arms

(Grace & Poole #2)

Smooth, seductive and savage: Lee Christine returns to the dark, criminal underbelly of Sydney with her follow-up to In Safe Hands.

Legal secretary Josephine Valenti has no idea why a notorious bikie president would be contacting her, but when he is murdered in front of her eyes, she knows that she is in very deep trouble. Fleeing to her home, she's intercepted by Nate Hunt
Published January 1st 2014 by Escape Publishing

To ask other readers questions about In Safe Arms, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Safe Arms

Luli
You can find this review in English below.

Voy a ser incluso más breve que con el libro anterior In Safe Hands.
Es imposible tomarse en serio esta historia. Un poli de incógnito que infiltra en su caso a una civil a la que quieren matar los malos. Hay más civiles trabajando con él. Y otros que descubren que es un poli de incógnito pero que se van de rositas. Vamos, el corral de la Pacheca. Y encima muy flojo. Con un montón de clichés y muy predecible.

***

I will be even briefer than in the latest b
Janine
This was a quick and easy read but Josie seemed a bit young to me and everything happened very quickly.
Brenda
Never had she felt so terrified! Josie Valenti had just witnessed a murder via skype; the worst part was, she was sure she recognised one of the perpetrators. Shaking with shock as she reported the incident, she was told by the police operator to come straight in to the station. But as she was leaving her parents’ home she was run off the road and taken captive by none other than Nate Hunter, whom she hadn’t seen in at least two years…

Frightened for her life, Josie didn’t know what to do. It see
Pamela(AllHoney)
Set in Sydney, Australia, Josephine (Josie) Valenti witnesses a murder via Skype. Nate is undercover with the Altar Boys, a biker gang, and when he sees who it is that just witnessed a murder he rushes to intercept her before she runs to the police and ruins 2 years of undercover work.

Although not listed as a series, there is a book before this one In Safe Hands that features Allegra and Luke. I did not read it. But the story itself is a standalone and I never got lost or confused. It was a p
The BookWhisperer
Nov 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I gobbled this book up from the very start. Thirty five year old Nate the previewed in In Safe Hands; takes the spotlight in this novel. He is undercover working to bring down the Altar Boys Biker Club money laundering business. Although, when he comes across Josie that also previewed in the first novel as well it turns into a spicy romance novel. I unfortunately started In Safe Arms unaware that it was the second of the series. Obviously, it is possible to read one without the other, but with s ...more
Lily Malone
Feb 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have just finished a Lee Christine weekend 'marathon' with In Safe Hands, and In Safe Arms, in about three days. I was lucky enough to win these books in a recent Australia Day promotion here Down Under, and these were the first of Lee's books I've read.
I liked both books - is the short answer - but of the two, I definitely preferred In Safe Arms. This is about Josie (21 year old PA [and witness to a gangland murder]) and Nate (30), an undercover cop. I can't pinpoint exactly why, but for me t
Jenny
"In Safe Arms" is book two in the Grace & Poole series by Lee Christine. One terrifying night Josephine Valenti witness by skype the death of Lloyd Mulvaney. On the way to the police station, Josephine Valenti was run off the road by Nate Hunter, the person she recognises in the room with the murder. However, it not what seems at first and Josephine Valenti believes, and life will change forever. The readers of "In Safe Arms" will continue to follow Josephine and Nate to find out what happen ...more
Jocelyn
Feb 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense
Another great read by an Australian author!!!:)
Jess
Everyone knows that I loved Lee Christine’s first novel, In Safe Hands, which was released in late 2012. But if I loved the first book, then this novel is indescribable. Words just can’t do it justice; but for the sake of this review, I’ll try my best. Though I should warn you here that I read this entire novel in one sitting, in the middle of a heat wave (without air conditioning), I simply just couldn’t put it down, that’s just how great it is.

In Safe Arms is the follow up narrative to Lee’s s
Bree T
Legal secretary Josephine Valenti is home alone when a notorious bikie figure in Sydney contacts her on Skype. Before he can say whatever message it is that he has for her, Josephine watches in horror as he is attacked by two men and murdered in front of her eyes. She kills the connection as quickly as she can but she’s pretty sure that one of the men saw her…and that he knows her.

Two years ago Josephine made a bit of a fool of herself by attempting to seduce Nate Hunter (a friend of her bosses
Victoria

In Safe Arms is the second book by author Lee Christine and is a follow up to her first novel,In Safe Hands. Both books can be read as stand-alones although the featured characters in Safe Hands do play supporting characters in this new book. If you're like me and like to read series books in orders, you may want to start with In Safe Hands, although not necessary. I haven't read the first book and just dove right into this one.

In this book, Josie gets put in a dangerous situation through no fau
Monica Cardoza
May 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is my first read by this author and I have to say that I enjoyed it. I know I’m going to have to go back to read the first book because I was intrigued by Luke and Allegra. The characters in this story were interesting and I totally loved Josie, she was just a breath of fresh air. I loved how honest she was and she just blurted out what she was thinking. I felt so bad for her for what she witnessed but she actually handled herself beautifully especially after learning that the person that s ...more
Dísir

Such a superlative read from Lee Christine. Incredibly likeable H/h (I loved every minute of their interaction despite the age difference), suspenseful with great details on Sydney's underbelly and undercover operations and an emotional, fitting ending. Josie Valenti is an alluring mix of youthfulness, wisdom (with a penchant for swearing) and no too-stupid-to-live moments that endeared me to her immediately...and Nate Hunter is everything I could hope for in a romantic hero - seductive, broodin
Lizzie Andrews
Dec 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review!

I absolutely loved Lee Christine’s In Safe Arms. This book was a non-stop thriller that had surprises at every turn. I didn’t have the heart to put it down; I read it in one sitting. Extremely well written, the reader is drawn in almost instantly to the world that Josie and Nate live in.

Josie’s character is young, not even twenty-one years old yet. As such there are life lessons that she must learn the hard way. Her character was
Book Drunk Blog
Feb 20, 2014 rated it liked it
In Safe Arms is the follow up book to In Safe Hands, but can be read as a standalone. This is the story of Josie and Nate. Josie is a PA at a law firm, and one night accidentally witnesses a murder on Skype. What she doesn't expect is one of the men on the screen to be her former coworker Nate. Nate and Josie have quite a history of office flirtation, but their easy relationship ended one night after Josie drunkenly propositioned Nate and was turned down.

Now running to the police, Josie is inter
Heather andrews
Nov 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Josie kills me she really does, "then her fingertips brushed his leather pants. Right there. Oh God! She jerked her hands away, cringing in the excruciating silence that followed. S***! When he spoke, Nate's voice was an amused drawl in the dark. "Forward as ever I see." Nate he's ALL man and I loved him I really did, he always knows what to say to a woman, "hey, don't stop eating because I said that." He searched his mind for a light hearted remark that would wipe the uncomfortable expression o ...more
Margreet Asselbergs
The main character Josie is on a face to face call with a biker president of an MC when he gets killed. She is recognized and intercepted by Nate, a guy she met a few years prior and hit on without success. Nate was in the room when the murder took place and looks to be part of the rival MC.

But things aren't always what they seem, and Nate keeps Josie safely tucked away, making sure no harm comes to her. It takes a bit to explain to Josie what brought about the change in his apparent life style
Roz ~ My Written Romance
My Rating: 5 out of 5

OK, you’re looking for something hot, fast-paced and that will keep you on the edge of your seat. Right?? No….I’m not talking about that, I’m talking about books as always!

I think I might just have the book that fits all those categories. In Safe Arms is the second of Lee Christine’s series set in and around the murky Sydney underworld. The first book, In Safe Hands, was a launch title in 2012 for Harlequin Australia’s digital-first line, Escape Publishing.

I’m yet to read bo
Power1reader
Mar 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I remember reading In Safe Hands back in 2012 and immediately falling in love with both Lee Christine's literary voice and the characters of the Grace and Poole legal firm.

In Safe Arms is no disappointment either and is easily as gripping and thrilling as it's predecessor, immediately hooking me from the opening chapter and keeping me engrossed to the final page.

I can't wait to see what Lee Christine does next. It's always great to see a new and promising writer on the rise!
Laura Elizabeth
May 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-stars
The story is pretty good and unfolds with nice pacing and plenty of action. What I know about Bikers I know from SOA, so it seems pretty action oriented LOL. There was something about Nate and Josie, or their relationship that I didn’t quite get, or fall in love with. Overall it was a good read, and I’d be willing to read something by Lee Christine again.
Aubrey
Apr 30, 2014 rated it did not like it
I didn't like this book and could not push myself to read it past the third chapter. I hate it when I get a book like this as I feel I not only let myself down but also the concept the author is trying to convey. LC this is no reflection on you, I just didn't get it. Other people do enjoy your work so please don't stop. Being able to write and publish is a great achievement.
Buggy
Nov 24, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2review, netgalley, ebook, arc
Net Galley via Harlequin Enterprises Australia and Escape Publishing
Ashley
Actual Rating: 2.5 Stars

I rounded up because the novel was set in Sydney, and I didn't have too read the first book in the series to enjoy this one
Melissa Caballero

• The Girl in the Yellow Vest
  • Blood Secret
  • Rocking Horse Hill
  • The Kissing Season
  • 12 Days at Silver Bells House (Swallow's Fall #2)
  • So Far Into You
  • Burnt
  • Hope's Road
  • Breaking The Drought
  • Dead Heat (Goodabri #1)
  • Dark Horse
  • Lost In Kakadu
  • Matilda's Freedom
Lee Christine is a former legal practice manager and corporate trainer. An amateur songwriter in her teens, she is passionate about music, and plays the alto saxophone.

In 2011, In Safe Hands won first place in the Romance Writers of America Silicon Valley Gotcha Contest, followed in 2012 with first place in The Smoky Mountains Laurie Award and the East Texas Southern Heat Writing Contest. The nove

Grace & Poole (5 books)
  • In Safe Hands (Grace & Poole, #1)
  • In Safe Keeping (Grace & Poole, #3)
  • In Safe Company (Grace & Poole, #4)
  • Hot Lawyers (Grace & Poole #1, #2, #3)