Start by marking “Blind Salvage (Rylee Adamson, #5)” as Want to Read:
Blind Salvage (Rylee Adamson, #5)

Blind Salvage

(Rylee Adamson #5)

"My name is Rylee, and I am a Tracker."

When children go missing, and the Humans have no leads, I'm the one they call. I am their last hope in bringing home the lost ones. I salvage what they cannot.

Crossing into Ogre country is dangerous when you're a polite, respectful gal. Which means I already know I'm in for a wild ride, despite the back up I've brought along.

Even wh
Published November 21st 2013 by HiJinks Ink Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Blind Salvage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blind Salvage

Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Jun 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads.

I’ve been hemming and hawing about this series since the get-go, but Shannon Mayer dropped all of the white noise in BLIND SALVAGE, and at long last got down to the nitty gritty. No new secondaries were added, and some of the plot threads started to make sense. The story also revolved mainly around the heroine for a change, and Rylee got her butt handed to her more than once which is exactly what I’ve been holding out for. Weird I know, however this book is what Urban Fa
Waverly
I won't lie: I love the Rylee Adamson universe, and when Blind Salvage was released, I gleefully tossed aside the other books in my TBR pile (if you can figuratively send an ebook flying). The "child" that needs saving is a reminder of the harpy battle that brought Eve to Rylee's care, but this time with a twist. There's foreshadowing about a future at stake (har! pardon the pun) for Rylee's long-lost sister... building the kind of tension that makes me think, "ooo!" while reaching into the bowl ...more
Beanbag Love
May 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
After being thoroughly excited over the last book in this series and giving it 5 stars, I'm back to disliking the heroine. She had a blip of reasonable behavior in the last book, but now she's back to bitchy. *sighs*

Not much I can say about the plot because some major things happen. Rylee and O'Shea end up on a salvage (kid rescue) that seems pretty straight forward and ends up being anything but (as per usual in UF, right?). There are major implications for future books so this one is a bit of
Jessica Frances
Aug 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow. I am in shock over how the events in this book played out. This was nonstop action and there was so much foreboding for Rylee’s future that I’m not sure whether to be excited or to hide from it and pretend the danger lurking isn’t really there. Everything in this book happened for a reason and the danger really upped the ante for this series. No one is safe and this time, Rylee lost some close friends. It was heartbreaking and I know much worse is still to come. Excellent writing, fantastic ...more
Denisa
3.5 (still 4 stars given though, it needs a higher rating and more ppl to start reading it).
Yup, I like this series.

Again, the ending left me itching for the next one and as soon as I could I started reading it.
There were things that I didn't expect and, to say that after already reading 4 books in the series, is a really big plus in my book.
Suz
Jun 10, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, urban-fantasy

My last thoughts about this book were "damn, shit is getting real" just before I realized that there was only 3 minutes left of the audiobook.

I am not a fan of leaving so many things dangling after the biggest action push and plot changes. It feels a lot like a cliff hanger. I wanted to give this one four stars, but that end just felt manipulative.
Kristy
Jan 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal-uf, series

I have to say that I was a bit disappointed in this book. There was a lot of senseless death, as well as a few characters brought in for a few pages to add further motivation and plot twists -- something that was not in short supply to begin with. These things just frustrated me and left me feeling quite dejected at the end. I also didn't feel that there was much in the way of character development. Liam seemed to be there purely as someone to boss others around and exert his dominance.
Leanne Crabtree
I seem to be having trouble getting into a lot of my books at the minute, mainly paranormal, which is why it's taken me a week or so to read the 200-odd pages in this, which is ridiculous really when I used to read that in several hours.

I think sometimes a bit too much happens in these books. Rylee and the gang jump from one scenario to another with no breathing space and sometimes they cope so well, it's a bit unrealistic.

I do like the series but I think it's going on hiatus for a bit.
Lyndsey
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
I'm not totally sure why I'm still reading these....
Kirsty Bassett
Dec 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh my god, the ending! What a shocking finale!

Quick warning, spoilers ahead!

Ahhh Faris the bloody arsehole! Can someone please just kill him already?! Like now?! Rylee really should tell her family what she swore, I mean, not so the world knows but just enough, she cant fight all the battles on her own and maybe Liam could use his mad guardian skills and kill Faris.

Does Faris not know that Rylee has the blood of the lost in her? So maybe hes mistaken that drinking their blood will make him rul
Marsha
Nov 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
(3.5 Stars)
"Blind Savage" reminds us that the bad guys just keep coming when you are Rylee Adamson. When your name is Rylee and you are the tracker foretold in prophecy, there is never a dull moment.

Rylee is contacted by Charlie, her intermediary. He has a new assignment for her that she will soon learn she has no choice but to take because her new client has Eve, the harpy in captivity. Oh, did I mention that her new client is a unicorn and wants Rylee to rescue his fold?

In order to save Eve, R
Vanessa Osborne
Nov 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favs
Where do I begin? This adventure was edge of your seat fantastic! So much action and suspense that kept you going to the end. We said goodbye (for the time being) to some characters and got a deeper glimpse into old friends, I'm looking at you Dox (tear). Rylee never ceases to amaze me with the depth of love and loyalty that she has for those that she cares for. She will do anything to protect them and keep them safe even if it means putting herself in harms way. I've always loved that about her ...more
Dorrie Baker
Feb 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fantasy
This one had tears of joy and sorrow...

In this installment Rylee actually does two salvages successfully, but there is a price. Nothing comes easy for our Rylee. Her heart is her greatest strength, even when it's trying to be ripped out, once you are hers there is no limit to how far she will go for you.

The team is all present, however briefly in spots. Liam is all alpha as he deals with his inner problems, adapting to all members of the "crew" and being there for Rylee even when he's not a fan
Amanda
Oct 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Ehhh, good, maybe not quite as good as the previous couple in the series. It felt like they were jumping all over the place, people dying, alliances made, friends becoming enemies, enemies becoming friends, then switching roles again. It remains true to the genre, a nice twist on it, where the author is using more than just werewolves and vampires, lots of epic mythological creatures are included. Love story continues to progress. Guess I'm saying that it's a good middle of the series book that ...more
MadameZelda
Jul 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Rylee and most of her "pack" finally make it back to the USA after fighting off Red Caps and a Giant, barely making it through the veil (portal).
A new assignment of rescuing/retrieving a missing child splits the group and the adventure continues. The child was surprising for me as I expected a little human.
As it turns out, Rylee must save three children, fighting ogres and Rocs and shadows and vampires, spanning from Washington state, Colorado, North Dakota, and London, through rain, water,
Heather
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this series, especially seeing how it intertwined with the Elemental Series. However, I'm not so sure my teenagers would enjoy it. There is a fair amount of language and gore that even I skipped through. In addition to that there are some sex scenes to skip over, and a few crude/lewd moments that I could have done without. I understood the language was a way of distinction with the Trackers in that world, and if it hadn't been for how well done the story was I don't think I would have ...more
Jenne
Dec 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5
Wow lots and lots going on in this one! So much so it's hard to review it without spoilers. The prophecies are starting to fall into place and events have been set in motion that I'm not sure Rylee can come through unscathed. I am getting a tad annoyed with Liam and his overprotective ways. He did seem to chill some towards the end of the book and I hope he continues to do so. I have a feeling in the next few books he's going to be forced too. I'm so sad (view spoiler)
Tamara
Oct 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
I was disappointed with this book. There are some series that get better with each book but I'm not sure this series is one of them. The main character hasn't changed at all, and while I know some people like that, I'm not one of them unfortunately. And after five books her personality is starting to get more than a little abrasive. I'm not quite sure what to make of the end, or the story for this book either. It seems supremely chaotic, like the author was just throwing things around waiting to ...more
BookJunkie777
Aug 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is packed! Action, death, hope and family abound. I love Rylee, Liam, and Alex. An amazing journey that the trio face to pull the paranormal world together with the help of witches and many other fantastic sups. Twists & turns, wolves, vampires, ogres and so many more amazing happenings. Enemies at every turn & a bit of romance thrown in for good measure. An enjoyable book and series that I would recommend to anyone.
Milena
Jul 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: group-challeng
Really..the acting by the seat of your pants is getting old. If you know you might end up getting people you care about hurt, why not take time and evaluate the situation. Also Rylee is suppose to have trust issues, but she's pretty trusting with the wrong guys.

Despite irritating qualities, great action read. Will continue with series because I'm curious where it will go. Hope she matures and accepts her destiny..
Jeanny
Oct 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great read. I would recommend this series. I will happily continue to read Rylee's story.

FYI: I thought the hyperlinks on the kindle ebook for every character was a brilliant idea. It's a shame it wasn't reliable. It always sent me to the character's name & his/her relation to Rylee but the "back" portion didn't always work.
Jean ~ Kindle Queen
May 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: amazon-prime
4.5 stars. This series keeps getting better and better. It's so action-packed! Rylee really reminds me of Kate Daniels (Magic Bites) especially in this one.
Melissa
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Trials and Sorrow

Poor Rylee! One has to wonder what more she can go through! I admire her strength and ability to push on. I cannot wait to see what happens next!
Toni ~married to a hunk~
Loved it!

I love these books but why do they always have to end on cliffhangers? I know that I will read anything by Shannon Mayer.
Literati Literature Lovers
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shattered Ending

A lot of the prophecies in the previous books play out in this one. In fact there are two salvages in this book, and both blindside Rylee in ways that bring the new big baddie Orion to the forefront.
In this book Rylee encounters Giants, Orges, Red Caps and more vampires. The freaking vampires need all put down, as neither are a good option. New Allies are made, and allies also fall as this is by far the bloodiest book yet. Mayer has Rylee pulled in several directions which is st
Vicki Sylvia
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
THAT ENDING THO, OMG. So much shit has hit the fan and there are still 5 more books to go in the series. I can't even imagine what is about to go down.

The end of Blind Salvage took everything to a whole new level. Over the past 5 books I have gotten attached to these characters, and I'm sure that'll only grow over the next 5.

While these books are on the shorter side, they pack some punch. This book 5 deffs played at my heart strings.

Over the past coupld days I have flown through books 4 and 5,
Mirinda Turner
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lies, deception, half truths abound in Blind Savage;

Blind Savage was chock full from the get go. Rylee is barely keeping it together with her rage and fear for her loved ones due to the manipulations and power struggles of those who want Rylee to secure the power for them. She’s struggling with being the one professed to be the savior of the magical world and destroying Orion. She’s also struggling with things Doran has told her, she doesn’t want to face those realities at all. She feels like h
Amanda
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. My emotions are all over the place, which is a good sign after reading a book! The loss of some good characters at the end made me so sad. As usual, there was lots of action and it feels as if Rylee never catches a break. I still love all the characters that are apart of Rylee’s crew. I’m hoping Milly will decide to be a decent person now, but I’m not holding out much hope. I’m really looking forward to this battle that the series is building up to. The only thing I’m not looking forw ...more
Debbie Turk
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, This One Was High Octane!!😱😭 A 4.5 Star Read 🌟
(Read using Kindle Unlimited)

So after a few days break to read some ARC's & New releases I returned to this thrilling series & what a book it was to return on!!😳 From start to finish it's fast paced & full of fire. Old enemies return, new friends are made, new allegiances are forged and they are all going to be needed & more!!

An old ally has finally shown their true colours & has trapped Rylee into oath she now can't break if
Kim
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"I will stand and I will wipe these fuckers off the face of the earth."

This book is non-stop action.. You are going, going, and going. The hard truth, friends die in this book. Everything is starting to come to a culmination. What Rylee is and who she is meant to be.

I can't say much as it will be to spoilerish and I'm still pretty giddy from the read.

However, one of the best lines from the book..

"You don't think this is weird?

You and weird are tight like a fat kid in spandex. I'm getting use to

• Deep Dark Secret (Secret McQueen, #3)
  • Kissed by Fire (Sunwalker Saga #2)
  • Frost & Bothered (Discord Jones #4)
  • Deceived (Gwen Sparks, #2)
  • Of Blood and Passion (Vamp City, #3)
  • Elven Blood (Imp, #3)
  • All Hell Breaks Loose (Hellcat, #2)
  • Broken Blade (Colbana Files, #3)
  • Blood Politics (Blood Destiny, #4)
  • Ruled by Steel (Ascension #3)
  • Ties That Bind (The Spire Chronicles, #2)
  • To Catch A Vampire (F.R.E.A.K.S. Squad Investigation, #2)
  • Tales from Harborsmouth (Ivy Granger, #0.5, #1.5, #2.5, #5.5)
  • Destiny of the Female Warrior (Nephilim Warrior, #2)
A long time ago, in a galaxy far away, I was born into a family of Star Wars nuts. I have a lot of siblings (somewhere I lost count but I think there was more than could be numbered on one hand) and being one of the young padawans I was subjected to Star Wars marathons, on a regular basis. If you've read any of my books you'll see there is often a reference to said movies as a small homage to my u ...more

Rylee Adamson (10 books)
  • Priceless (Rylee Adamson, #1)
  • Immune (Rylee Adamson, #2)
  • Raising Innocence (Rylee Adamson, #3)
  • Shadowed Threads (Rylee Adamson, #4)
  • Tracker (Rylee Adamson, #6)
  • Veiled Threat (Rylee Adamson, #7)
  • Wounded (Rylee Adamson, #8)
  • Rising Darkness (Rylee Adamson, #9)
  • Blood of the Lost (Rylee Adamson, #10)
“me into his arms. Hugging me tight to his chest, his arms” 0 likes
“I closed my eyes, grief spilling up through me. You’d think that after all these years of hurting, of saying goodbye to her over and over in my head, that this moment would be easier. Yet it wasn’t. Because for a few brief weeks, I’d thought I’d be able to have my little sister back. That I could heal up some of the gaping wounds in my soul I’d pasted over with brash words and a hard exterior.” 0 likes