Start by marking “Break In Two (Full Hearts, #1)” as Want to Read:
Break In Two (Full Hearts, #1)

Break In Two

(Full Hearts #1)

Thirty-one year old Claire Hatley is running from Seattle having just discovered that her live-in boyfriend has traded her in for a twenty-two year old hostess. Devastated and alone Claire must make a fresh start. She answers an ad for a chef at a guest ranch just outside Colorado Springs and finds herself face to face with Cole Mitchell, quite possibly the sexiest man to ...more
Published November 5th 2013 by Indigo Group

To ask other readers questions about Break In Two, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Break In Two

Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
Mar 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳ by: Shannon Gorilla McGee Winston
⭐⭐2 STARS⭐⭐
JUST PASS ME THE CRACKERS, WOULD YOU?

Break In Two wasn't necessarily bad, the setting was nice, I like that the author took the time to lay a nice set -up, but other than that and the fact that she did success at creating a smoking hot cowboy, there wasn't much for me in this "western romance".

This is a "girl leaves the city after bad break up" story. And honestly I liked the start, the heroine seemed to be just my kind of girl just then, she had on an attitude after her break up, and
Ann Dobby-Thomas
Nov 05, 2013 rated it did not like it
After 3 attempts, I just can't do it. I made it to 30% and had to skim just to get to that point. There is zero depth, zero connection, and the sex scenes are annoyingly overdone.
mich
I have this bad habit of frequently checking out the kindle top 100 best sellers list on Amazon. Before I discovered Goodreads, that was one of my main ways of discovering new books to read, particularly for the cheap indie stuff. I always figured if a book was on that list, there had to be something going for it for so many people to be buying it, right? Now I have better resources at my fingertips (like stalking friends’ shelves!), but I still haven’t been able to break myself from looking at ...more
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Nov 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a totally fantastic story.
I never heard of this author until she messaged me asking would I like to review her book. I am so so glad I said yes.
This story was addictive. I carried my kindle everywhere I went today so I could keep reading.
You know those books where you just wanna keep reading until it ends the way you want it to end... Well for me this was one of those reads. At over 400 pages this book was the ideal book for me to get lost in.
With quite a few twists, plenty of hot se
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
2 Stars

DNF @10%.

I really wanted to like this one. The writing was actually pretty good, but the two main characters were already having sex at 9%-10%. For me that part just came out of nowhere. I need some sort of romantic build up first. I didn't quite feel connected to the characters either. This may be an enjoyable read for some, but it didn't work for me unfortunately.

*ARC graciously provided in exchange for an honest review*
Peggy Dabney
Publication Date – November 5, 2013
Type – Stand Alone
Genre – Romance
Rating – 3 1/2 out of 5 Stars

Book provided by Author (Blog Tour) in exchange for an honest review.

Review
This was a long book and at times I was ready to put it down.  Part one of the book drug on in my opinion and had too many sex scenes. I know, I know – there isn’t such a thing as too much sex, but I just found it repetitive and also found myself skimming over those parts.

I’m glad I did
Alaina
Cute and SMUTMAZING

Break In Two is the first book of the Full Hearts series. It was such a damn page turner but it also had a couple of flaws. Mostly just things that annoyed me - but hey! I read the book.

This book follows the romantic roller coaster of a relationship between Cole and Claire. They've had their fair share of terrible relationships so it was definitely cute, hot, and steamy to watch theirs blossom.

Claire just got dumped by her ex boyfriend - or did she? She found out that he was c
Kayleigh
description

No. No. Non. Niet. Nee. Jo. La. Ne. Nej. Nein. Ohee. Lo. Nei. Ni. Nai.

Ok, I can't think of any other languages to say no in. But you get the point.

All of the nope.

I DNF'd at 22%

I think the casual use of rape as a plot point to further a romance is what really put me off this.

The characters are shallow and one dimensional. I struggled to engage with the female main character and spent most of the time actively disliking her. There is no chemistry between her and the love interest.

The romance d
Lorie
Nov 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.25 STARS!!!

That is it!! I am packing it up and moving to Colorado. I need to find me a cowboy. Cole is the panty-melting star of this book!

The first thing I did when I turned the last page was to message this to one of my blog partners: “I finished, and I have a HUGE smile on my face.” I can’t get over just how much I enjoyed this book and how much it surprised me. It was not what I was expecting at all, but more than I could have asked for.

Usually it will take me a few chapters to get into
Jamie
Jan 03, 2014 added it
Shelves: did-not-finish
Not going to rate this one since I didn't finish it... Claire and Cole were cute together and very hot.. but this book is pretty long and they got together way to soon in my opinion for the length of the book. The story started out with Claire finding out here douchy live in boyfriend was leaving her for a much younger girl ( Claire was 31 or 32 and new chic was 22).. so she leaves Seattle and moves to Colorado to be a chef on a dude ranch that is doing a make over on itself ..wants to attract h ...more
Candace
***I was provided a complimentary copy of this book through Netgalley.com in exchange for honest feedback.***

When Claire finds out that her long-term boyfriend has been cheating on her, she packs up her car and heads from Seattle to Colorado Springs. She leaves behind her cheating boyfriend and her job at a fancy restaurant in the city, escaping her past and taking a job as the chef on a ranch/resort that lets tourists experience a cattle drive.

Before she even makes it out of her car, Claire and
Naye
Nov 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
for starters I loved the length of the book.. now to the real stuff!!! I CANNOT EAT STRAWBERRIES THE SAME ANYMORE LOL !JK
I'm not sure what to say I really loved the book...I had a really good laugh reading this book!! its funny,sexy, and shocking!!
Claire was dealt a real shitty hand when it came to love and knowing whose there for you..she is a 5'4 31yr old chef who had a boyfriend(tony) who cheating on her with one of her employees and her friends knew about it and didn't tell her.. he made he
L.J. Shen
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a great book! :D
sue
Nov 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was given the honour from the author in reading this book as an ARC which I very much appreciated. I have not come across this author before and when my friend Philomena said the author would like for me to read and review honestly too, I jumped at the chance as it sounded very much like something I'd enjoy. I wasn't wrong either, it kept me transfixed all of today.

Tuesday's I get most of the day to myself, so I threw a casserole in the slow cooker and sat and read. I even carried my Kindle to
Kim Person
Nov 08, 2013 marked it as to-read
Oh I live in Colorado Springs so this one I'm going to have to check out ~ of course synopsis got me!
Paige
Jun 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs, erotic, romance
3 "What Love Should Be" Stars

I knew I was going to like this book as soon as I read the forward by M.J. As promised I was invested in finding the happy ending for two characters that had both been hurt but found healing in each other.

Claire escaped her cheating boyfriend and left town. She decided to start over by running a kitchen on a ranch in Colorado. Cole is the owner of the ranch and needed a chef to help create a new and exciting experience hoping to get wealthier clients. As soon as the
Shannon Gorilla McGee Winston
I love these characters! Cole and Claire are fun and funny and tear up the sheets! They are quick-witted and play off of each other, creating the funniest banter I've read in a while.

This story is long-ish (over 400 pages) and by the time I had gotten to 39%, the characters had been through the normal hullabaloo and it could have ended, leaving us with another enjoyable-for-the-moment-but-ultimately-forgettable book. And I wondered what could fill the rest of this story?

Oh, boy. I don't want to
WhiteZinBookends
Nov 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Full review to follow!

I loved this Break In Two! Claire is not the average weak heroine and Cole is...perfect! Hello cowboy Cole!! This book has hilarious banter, hot sex, and just enough angst to keep you coming back for more. Or in my case, enough to keep you from putting it down at all. This book is the perfect sexy weekend read.
Peggy
Dec 02, 2013 rated it it was ok
sorry I actually need a storyline, got 60% through it and gave up
Pamela
Read it for the second time today and loved it even more (06/19/14). Well deserving of the five stars I give it. All I need now is my very own sexy cowboy; clothing, hat, belt, boots optional. :)
Amy Berry
Dec 30, 2015 rated it did not like it
This is an absolute horrible read!!! 95% of the sentences begin with "he" or "she" which is totally ridic! I could not get past chapter 7 due to all of the he/she usage.
Marie
Jan 14, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Add this one to my very small dnf list.
I got 30% in before I just couldn't. The main character is whiny and dwells too much on silly things. She calls herself old at thirty-one, constantly compares herself to other women (because everyone is competition), is immature and petty, on and on. That whole " How dare some other woman be more attractive than me in the vicinity of my boy toy, I hate her!" mindset is so ridiculous and harmful.
Besides throwing herself pity parties and constantly telling he
Nicole
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
books are love
Jan 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a nice book. I found some parts wonderful and others meh. With that in mind I can say I thought Cole was wonderful. He was kind and patient and always tried to do the right thing even if it was difficult. That doesn't mean he was perfect but it does mean that he tried.

What I liked: Cole is a wonderful character. Flawed in some ways but always tried to do what was right. Romantic as sin as well. He didn't care about what others thought only what was right. A strong character that carrie
Lisa
Jan 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Break In Two by M.J. Summers is one of those books where you devour the first 75% because it's sooo good and you can't get enough and then you notice that the book is rapidly drawing to a close, so you slow down. Find other things to do in between chapters because you are in no way ready for it to end. This kinda bites when you're reading on a deadline so you can review the title. I really wanted to draw out the last chapters in this book.

Claire left Seattle to move to Colorado and work as a che
Charlene
Apr 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-western
This book was picked for me as part of a challenge...and I must say thank-you to my mystery picker! This is probably not a book that would have come to my attention otherwise, and despite a few issues I had with it, I really enjoyed it.

Break in Two is, as its name might suggest, broken into 2 parts. In the first we meet Claire, who is fleeing a bad breakup and a cheating ex, and Cole, her sexy new cowboy boss. The first section of the book takes up about 60%, and most of this is spent on the ch
 Spanxmcb (Yovanka)
I'm not surprised that some readers weren't able to get past the 60% mark. Most of the interesting plot points take place in part 2 of the book. Despite the length of part 1 it does lack depth. For all of the back and forth between Claire and Cole, it really doesn't go past the superficial skin of their relationship. And although the book is predictable, overall it's an enjoyable read. Boy, is the first part long going though, and it seems that its length was just to offer up some steamy scenes, ...more
*Avonna
Jun 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Cole is a hot, hot cowboy who runs a dude ranch with his brother. He is family oriented, loyal and honest (oh and did I say hot?). Claire is a chef running from a disastrous relationship to a new dream job on Cole's dude ranch. She has lost her confidence in her self and her beauty. Romance and a lot of sex ensues until the old live in girlfriend shows up with a baby in tow. Can there be an HEA?

I felt that this book was realistic in depicting the feelings of the characters and the sex was hot a
Teresa Roberts
Nov 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A great mix of reality, fantasy, and fun... The opening grabs you because it is something we've all been through and can relate to and from there, it sweeps you off your feet into a wonderful story we all hope for and some of us are lucky enough to get... the book will put a smile on your face for sure!
  • Goodbye Girl
  • Some Girls Lie (Outback Heat, #4)
  • Only for a Night (Lick, #1)
  • Masters for Hire (Masters Saga, #1)
  • Leather and Lace (Lonesome Point, Texas, #1)
  • Foolproof Love (Foolproof Love, #1)
  • Hard to Handle (Rawhide, #5)
  • Debauched (Undone, #3)
  • Temptation (The Hunted, #1)
  • The Daring Assignment (Curvy Assignments #1)
  • Warrant (Righteous Outlaws MC, #1)
  • Broken Truth (Broken Hearts, #1)
  • Bad Company (Company of Sinners MC #1)
  • 26 Hours in Paris (International Affairs #1)
  • Wild Aces
  • Ruthless (True Brothers MC, #1)
  • Bound to You (At Your Service, #1)
  • Crossing the Line (Without a Trace, #0)
MJ Summers currently resides in Edmonton, Canada, with her husband, three young children, and their goofy dog. When she's not writing romance novels, she loves reading (obviously), snuggling up on the couch with her family for movie night (which would not be complete without lots of popcorn and milkshakes), and long walks in the woods near her house. MJ also spends a lot more time thinking about d ...more

Full Hearts (5 books)
  • Breaking Love (Full Hearts, #2)
  • Breaking Clear (Full Hearts #3)
  • Breaking Hearts (Full Hearts, #4)
  • The Break-up (Full Hearts #5)
“Son of a bitch.” 1 likes