Start by marking “Monster School (City of Monsters, #1)” as Want to Read:
Monster School (City of Monsters, #1)

Monster School (City of Monsters, #1)

‘Beware! You are entering The City of Monsters. All tourists will be eaten. Have a nice day!’

PT, the Swamp Boy, is terrified. During his first class at Monster School, mafia goblins threaten to murder him. He is saved . . . by the meanest monsters in the playground –
* A vampire with attitude!
* A socially-challenged zombie!
* A giant spider called Bruce!
Now PT is really swe
Published October 1st 2013 by Ford Street

To ask other readers questions about Monster School, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Monster School

Robyn Parnell
Sep 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I fell in love with the wonderful cast of monster characters. When I finished, I wanted more - I wanted the second book in the series. This is one book I wish I'd written. Well done, D.C., for writing a classic.
Cheryl Chenevier
Nov 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Monster School is a really cool and creepy book: a lesson in the ways and eating habits of all kinds of monsters.
It took me to some horrible places I would never choose to go. But now I want to go back to see what happens when Mafia Goblins Rule.

It is the future.
Monsters rule the world.
Humans are a rare and endangered species in the City of Monsters where goblins, zombies, mummies, dragons, trolls, giant spiders, vampires and ogres take control.
Cities are constructed ‘of the acid-spit of long
Tracey Jago
Nov 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Monsterrific!!!

I thoroughly enjoyed reading Monster School. It was well written and I also loved the illustration at the beginning of every chapter. The illustrations help bring the book alive and also will encourage young readers to keep reading.

It’s defiantly a book worth reading. Boys will enjoy reading all about PT and his Monster friends.

DC Green really has written a marvellous book to encourage young people to read. I may be well over 10 years old but I did really enjoy it and it would ha
Peter
Nov 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
DC Green's Monster School is a gripping, ripping read for anyone from 10 up. Set in a city of monsters where humans, or humes, are hunted, this fiendishly funny fantasy is alive with ogres, a giant spider, goblins, vampires, two-headed snakes, hell-dogs, zombies, trolls, dragons, cyborgs and wokolos, who lumber, slither, fly, waddle or just appear out of nowhere and into the action.

It is a quest, a struggle against all odds, and an inventive and exciting one at that. Green stretches the tension
Sue van der Veer
Nov 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This review was written by my 12 year old daughter, Bonnie.

DC Green’s ‘Monster School’ is full of humour, adventure, and glorious grossness. I couldn’t put this book down! It was awesome, and at the end of this book, you’ll be dying to read the next book (I know I am!). But all in all, I’d say this book is NOT for the faint-hearted, and would recommend this book for people around the age of 11+. By me, this book has been given a rating of 25/10!
Mary Scott
Oct 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My 10 year old grandson is still reading this very different book but so far thinks the characters are amazing. His mother is so impressed he can remember their unusual names and their roles in the, to her, confusing story line. He tells her that of course he knows and understands and that she just needs to concentrate! So far he recommends it as a must read.
Sue Warren
Oct 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing

From Ford St Publishing, comes DC Green’s latest book for children, the first in a new series. Now let me see..........let’s take some gnarly grommets, angst-ridden kids with attitude, misfits of various descriptions and some seriously divided peer groups and mix them all together in a monster mash of hilariously epic proportions.
Enter PT aka Swamp Monster who turns up at Monster School and somehow, almost by default, becomes part of the Dead Gang. Amidst this incongruous group of oddballs (eve
Matt Porter
Sep 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a read! Zombies, vampires, dragons, swamp monsters ... DC Green has every monster you can think of (and some you couldn't!) in this book jam-packed with action and adventure. From the first to the last page you'll be hooked in and barracking for PT and the Dead Gang. I can't wait for the next book in the series.
George Ivanoff
Jan 03, 2014 marked it as to-read
Enjoyed it. Not quite what I expected. http://blog.boomerangbooks.com.au/dc-...
Meghan Kempster
May 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read this book with my daughter Sara Pollock who is 10 years old. We both loved it. Very funny - for young and old, with an intriguing and gripping story line. Sara's comments about the book are: "MONSTER SCHOOL IS THE BEST BOOK EVER!!! The characters are hilarious and it is the funniest book ever written. YOU MUST READ THIS BOOK".
Katharine (Ventureadlaxre)
Katharine is a judge for the Aurealis Awards. This review is the personal opinion of Katharine herself, and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of any judging panel, the judging coordinator or the Aurealis Awards management team.
Bethwyn (Butterfly Elephant Books)
Aurealis Awards 2013 nomination.
Truhhh
Sep 25, 2013
Travis
Dec 31, 2013
D.C. Green
Sep 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-yarns
Aug 12, 2017
Chloe Cuthbert
Sep 23, 2017
Favourite Monsters 1 1 Oct 01, 2013 08:28PM
DC Green is an award-winning surf journalist turned children's author. He writes funny fantasy stories for 7-107 year-olds including the City of Monsters and Erasmus James series, Stinky Squad and Three Little surfer Pigs.

DC has jumped up and down on the lounge of Susie Eleman on national TV, been praised on Roy and HG’s ‘This Sporting Life’, had articles published in over 40 countries and beaten