Start by marking “Of Scars and Stardust” as Want to Read:
Of Scars and Stardust

Of Scars and Stardust

After her little sister mysteriously vanishes, seventeen-year-old Claire Graham has a choice to make: stay snug in her little corner of Manhattan with her dropout boyfriend, or go back to Ohio to face the hometown tragedy she's been dying to leave behind.

But the memories of that night still haunt her in the city, and as hard as she tries to forget what her psychiatrist ca
Published October 8th 2014 by Flux

To ask other readers questions about Of Scars and Stardust, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Brooke Fugate
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Unicorn
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Kelsey Macke
Sep 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-reads
I was lucky enough to read an early version of this story and as I told Andrea at the time, this book kept me up at night. I didn't want to sleep. I wanted only to wrap myself in the anxiety and tension and beautiful words that Andrea put together in this wonderful story.

I do know Andrea personally, but I assure you, this book is one that I will personally buy MULTIPLE copies of to give as gifts to friends who love gorgeous, poetic prose mixed with pacing that doesn't quit and imagery that made
Alexandra Christo
Sep 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemp, mystery

There are some books that are just so gorgeously bizarre, that you become lost in a world of fantasy and madness. And then there are books like this: which try to achieve that and just leave you feeling confused and disappointed instead.

It's not often I ask 'what's this book about?' after I've read it, but I finished Of Scars and Stardust feeling like I wasn't sure what I'd read. Was it about mental illness, or was it actually a paranormal book with wolves? Was it both? I don't even know any mor
Kelli
Jun 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 stars.

I have no words.

I am so utterly confused and mindblown.

I don't think I've ever felt as I did after completing this book. Wow. The same word keeps repeating itself over and over again in my head--HOW?!

"Because everything I had ever let myself love withered here, in this cornfield, under the weight of the stars and the sky and the wolf's snapping, yellowed teeth."

I feel like Hazel from The Fault in Our Stars after she completed her favorite book and had so many unanswered questions t
Fernanda Romo
Jun 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
La mitad del libro me la pasé intentando meterme por completo a la historia, me costó trabajo y había momentos en los que quería dejarlo sin más. Pero al final decidí continuar porque el misterio y las ganas de saber qué ocurría realmente me carcomían.
La historia es magnífica y definitivamente es el tipo de libros que me gustan, que juegan con tu mente y no sabes que es real y que no. Me gusta ese giro que la autora le da al casi final y siento que eso hizo que me gustara mucho más.
(Tuve que lee
Shannon (It Starts At Midnight)

excuse-me-gif

Seriously, this was me for a good hour after I finished this book. Then I developed a theory about the book, but it is riddled with spoilers, so I will save that for the end.

So, our main character is Claire. Claire has a sister named Ella, who she positively adores. Some stuff happens to Ella. Claire ends up in New York, where she ditches school on the regular to do drugs with her loser boyfriend. As per the synopsis (so I am not spoiling anything, you see), Claire goes back to her backwoods, me
Finally a good book!

(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Flux and NetGalley.)
15-year-old Claire is devastated when her younger sister is attacked and she finds her bleeding in the snow the next morning.
Claire is convinced that the wolves in the woods surrounding her town are the culprits, but nobody else will believe her.
Are the wolves to blame? And what can Claire do to stop them attacking again?

This was a really good mystery story, and I
Andrea
Oct 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*Reproduzco mi reseña de Of scars and stardust para el perfil en español del libro sólo por si alguien tiene la suerte de llegar hasta aquí.

Heridas y polvo de estrellas (Of scars and stardust) de Andrea Hannah es un libro mucho más grande y profundo de lo que aparenta. Es de esos pocos títulos que me resultan inclasificables a la hora de sugerirlo porque podemos decir que se trata tanto de una historia de amor fraternal como un thriller de suspenso o una novela de horror. La misma autora da su
Vitamina Lu
Apr 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Este libro lo termine desde el día de ayer, pero no me sentía capaz de ponerle una calificación inmediatamente por que me sentía sumamente confundida. Necesitaba que mi cabeza se enfriara un poco para poder decir que hacer.

Decidí darle 5 estrellas por que la verdad es uno de los libros más extraños que he leído en mi vida. Para empezar la manera en que te atrapa la historia es impresionante. En ningún momento EN NINGUNO es aburrido. Se lee rapidísimo y todo en este libro importa. No tiene nada q
Rachel
Aug 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: An e-galley copy of this book was sent to me by Flux in exchange for an honest review. I received no compensation for this review other than the book itself.

Title: Of Scars and Stardust by Andrea Hannah
Published by: Flux
Publication Date: October 8, 2014

What's Of Scars and Stardust all about?
Seventeen-year-old Claire Graham left Amble, Ohio, two years ago, but the tragedy she tried to outrun still haunts her, even in New York City. Now, following the news that her sister Ella has sud
Karissa
Sep 07, 2014 rated it really liked it

I got a copy of this book through Netgalley. I was intrigued by the title and decided this would be an interesting read after scanning the synopsis. It was a quick read that started out amazing. It’s mostly a mystery of sorts with some ambiguous elements of paranormalcy and mental illness.

Claire lives in a quiet town with her family. Her best friend Rae always teases her about the wolves in the cornfields, the wolves that are drawn to the color periwinkle and the taste of cherry. This all seems
Faye
You know what really pisses me off? When mental illnesses are an excuse for someone's behavior in a book.

I can take it as an excuse in real life, but it really makes me mad, when in a book, the main character has all these hallucinations and such, but it's all because her brain's messed up.

So this mental illness excuse is used for Claire Graham. Back in the day, her sister and her were really close, but after this sister, Ella, was found in the cornfields looking like she was attacked by anima
Abbie
Jun 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Actual rating - 3.5

I felt sorry for some of the characters in this at times, but I didn't connect with them enough to love them.

This was an interesting read, although it could be very confusing! It made me feel utterly lost at points.
It was an enjoyable read overall though.
Alise  (Readers in Wonderland)
I think the most enjoyable part of OF SCARS AND STARDUST was that I knew absolutely nothing going into it. It had been sitting on my kindle for ages (whoops) and I started it on a whim.

It quickly hooked me, but the story itself fell flat when I discovered what the resolution was going to be, the reason for the mystery is pretty much revealed in the synopsis, which takes all the fun out of the story in my opinion-I’m glad I didn’t read it before I read the book. (view spoiler)
Farrah
May 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Thrilling and delightfully unpredictable, Of Scars and Stardust was a wonderful YA read. From the constant threat of danger, to the compelling mystery, the shocking secrets, and the sweet romance, this book was fantastic. I really liked this book.

Claire was a lovely heroine. I liked how protective she was of her sister and how determined she was to keep Ella safe. Her character harbored some truly surprising secrets that made her very interesting. I thought she was great.

Grant was a sweetie. I l
Megan Whitmer
Sep 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh. I have no words. Right up until the last chapter I was like- "Ok, I know what's happening. No I don't. Yes. No."

I LOVE books that keep me guessing. The love between Claire and Ella is so clear and real, and that's about the only thing I'm sure of--that love was real. I'm uncertain about nearly everything else, and now I want to read it again to look for more clues. The way this story was told was perfect. Andrea is a master.
Kristen Jett
I need to wipe my face, dry my tears, and pull myself together before reviewing. But I'm fairly certain this will be my best read of the year. Which is a ballsy thing to think in February.

Full review to come. <3
Zack
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Best Book I've ever read
Megan  (YABookers)
4,5 Stars
I received this free from the publisher via NetGalley

Release Date - 8th October (I think, Amazon says 8th Oct, but Book Depository says November 5th?)

POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD.

The two most important things I took with me when I left Amble: Ella’s periwinkle bird and a mountain of guilt. I took the same two things with me when I came back.

Claire Graham is sent to New York after an attack on her sister Ella when walking home at night. Claire blames herself, as do the town Amble. Claire can’
Holly
May 01, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
Words Fueled by Love

Unfortunately I had a lot of "life happens" interruptions while trying to read this book and that resulted in me putting it down and picking it up for short snippets here and there over a month long period. 336 pages in a month?! That's ridiculously slow for me. My interest level never really grew enough for me to want to come back to the story. And because of that my overall rating dropped some. I couldn't seem to get deep enough involved with the story line or the character
Tanja (Tanychy) St. Delphi/James
Jun 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-galleys
Review also posted at Ja čitam, a ti?

After reading the blurb for this story this book promises a really mysterious and rather dark story with a main character that has a lot to deal with and I'm happy to say that it delivers. Not only that, but I found books that are somewhere in between reality and paranormal really interesting and they always turn into a great reads. Of Scars and Stardust did too.

It all starts in winter, one winter many years ago when Claire witnessed a really shocking moment
Elle
May 17, 2014 rated it liked it
Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. And I never lie about books...

Of Scars and Stardust really gets 3.5 stars. It was a departure from my usual reads, but I quite enjoyed it. I will admit that I was a little lost and confused for a good portion of the book, which probably cost it a little in terms of rating. I understand that it was on purpose, but a little bit of clarity could be a good thing. There was a bit of choppiness present wit
Alejandra Lo
Dec 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alberto
Heridas y polvo de estrellas fue libro que me gustó. Tiene ese aire de misterio de Gone Girl, mezclado con teen fiction. También me recordó un poco a la película de "Uninvited" por la cuestión de las hermanas.

En mi opinión, creo que es un libro que si pones atención lo suficiente puedes "adivinar" el final. Sin embargo, te mantiene a la expectativa debido a que hay varios plot-twists. Se lo recomiendo a todas aquellas personas que les gustan los libros de misterio y libros con temática YA. Aunq
Kimi (Geeky Chiquitas)
It was extremely frustrating reading this book because I had no idea what was happening. I'm not the type of reader who likes surprises or speculating about things, so there were times I wanted to tear my eyes out. I found Claire to be a very unreliable narrator but the writing was nice enough. Overall, book was fairly decent, had some nice twists and turns and left me mindblown at the end. Would recommend to fans of paranormal or psychological stuff.
Ariel
Nov 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: standalone
Disappointing. Unsatisfying. None of the promise the book showed actually amounted to much. I'm hovering between giving it an extra star just for the excellent title and concept, so sure. Two stars. Do not recommend.
Jolene Haley
Feb 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-reads
Review to come!

But let me just say, WOW! This is a fantastic read! Debut author Andee has really set the bar high for everyone else. This will be a tough book to beat in 2014! Love love love.
Isis
Review shall be posted closer to the review dateI would like to thank Flux and NetGalley for granting me a copy of this e-ARC to read in exchange for an honest review. Though I received this e-book for free that in no way impacts my review.

Goodreads Blurb:
Diana Díaz
Oct 10, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Al principio es algo confusa, y cuesta meterte en la historia, pero cuando finalmente te atrapa es bastante genial pues siempre te mantiene con el suspense y te obliga a preguntarte "¿qué es real?".

~Nota: 3'5
Yessica
Me quedo una sensación agridulce debido al final. No es que sea un mal final, de hecho es algo que uno se espera debido a como la trama va girando, pero aun así sentí que le falto algo para que fuera mejor.
La historia empieza con Claire tratando de lograr un objetivo y todo va bien, hasta que el libro ya no se centra para nada en la manera en la primera premisa, por lo que a mi parecer eso dejo varios huecos en la historia.
Es muy al estilo de "Eramos mentirosos" pero con un poco menos de suspen
Tyler Deren
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-read
Some editing issues aside, I enjoyed it!
  • Tabula Rasa (Tabula Rasa, #1)
  • Blackfin Sky
  • Creed
  • Evidence of Things Not Seen
  • Sweet Unrest (Sweet Unrest #1)
  • The Last Changeling (The Last Changeling, #1)
  • Six Feet Over It
  • A Murder of Magpies
  • Wordless (Words Made Flesh, #1)
  • Follow Me Through Darkness (Boundless, #1)
  • Kiss Kill Vanish
  • Mayday
  • Damsel Distressed
  • Pendulum (The Neumarian Chronicles, #2)
  • Wicked Games (Wicked Games, #1)
  • Inland
  • The Chance You Won't Return
  • Feral
Andrea Hannah lives in the Midwest, where there are plenty of dark nights and creepy cornfields to use as fodder for her next thriller. She graduated from Michigan State University with a degree in special education. When she's not teaching or writing, she spends her time running, traveling, and attempting to keep her pug out of the refrigerator (unsuccessful to date).
“Sometimes you ignore the bad things about the people you love because you love them so much.” 2 likes