Start by marking “Under His Kilt (Under the Kilt, #1)” as Want to Read:
Under His Kilt (Under the Kilt, #1)

Under His Kilt

(Under the Kilt #1)

An alternate cover edition can be found here.

Published October 8th 2013 by Confessions of a Romance Author

To ask other readers questions about Under His Kilt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Under His Kilt

Start your review of Under His Kilt (Under the Kilt, #1)
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo Free Li xB by sb_zpsamwuwffk.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (11/18/2016)

Stand-alone book 1.

BLURB:
Jocelyn Pearson is determined to spend her last month as a twenty-something doing everything she's too busy or scared to try. Her imagination runs wild and then fixates on Ian Baird. He'll be working at the Langston Museum for a short stint as a consulting curator. He's Scottish. He believes sex is fun to be had. He's the perfect choice for a fling. She only has to get him break his rule about sleeping with co-workers. Seducing a man
Rachel Annie
(4.5 Stars, rounded up to 5)

I dug this one!

Contemporary Romance isn't usually a go-to for me, but when I do read them, I tend to prefer it short(ish) and HAWT. This novella-length (freebie as of when I picked it up) was a quick and sexy character-centric romp between the sheets.

But it was more than just the sex; both our MC's grew and learned quite a bit about themselves as the story progressed. I enjoyed being in their heads and I was rooting for them to find their happy together.

Ms. Blue's
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***3.75 Stars***

"You may know meaningless, but I know what more is like."

So my goal for 2018 is to read more "new to me" authors. I've had this book sitting on my kindle for what feels like forever....and I'm kicking myself for not having read Melissa Blue sooner!

Before I go on with my review, let me just say that this book is a freebie....yep, you read that right...IT'S FREE!! I'm just gonna drop this link right here....

Okay, moving on. Within
Dark Lordette Jennymort ♔
description

The only reason this freaking thing is getting a damn 3 star is because there was jack shit about him being Scottish other than his fucking accent.

description

At least this shit could have taken place in Scotland or some shit. I'm downright disappointed because I was looking forward to SOME FUCKING SCOTTISH SMUT WITH SOME FUCKING KILTS.

End Rant.
Jennymort Out.
PEACE.
Casey
3.something have I ever mentioned I have a thing for the Scots Stars

The description blurb does a great job of telling you exactly what to expect from this story so if it sounds good to you then you'll like it, if you want to groan and roll your eyes... then you probably won't. This is a quick sexy read and although the story is basically designed to lend itself to all smut all the time, there was more to this one so I went ahead and got the next two in the series. The story combines things I
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
Mar 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳ by: Maria Rose
Currently free on AMZ and a great sexy romance. Loved the writing.
Crystal~BIG book addict~
Mar 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars
Jess Michaels
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2018
Holy shit I. Love. This. Book. So good and super sexy!!
Maida
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Five stars on both reads. Very hot, very sexy multicultural romance. Two consenting adults engaging in a temporary affair that turned into a long term commitment. Current and reflective of the world we live in now. Another big plus, there's a puppy. ...more
Connie
Jan 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a well developed novella. Ms. Blue did a wonderful job on making the characters lovable and real. Jocelyn, the musuem director was turning 30 and created a bucket list. She's lived a very tame life and was frankly, she was sick of it. Jocelyn has fantasized about the museum's temporary, Scottish curator named Ian. Ian doesn't mix business or pleasure, but Jocelyn convinces him otherwise because she WANTS to play by his rules. No attatchments, just sex. Ian and Joce embark on the 30 day ...more
Monica **can't read fast enough**
Since UNDER HIS KILT is such a short read it is difficult to do a review without spoilers or simply rehashing the blurb. So this review will be short and to the point as well. UNDER HIS KILT is a well written, quick, and sexy read that hits all of the points needed to get a pretty much complete story in about one hundred pages. Jocelyn and Ian have definite chemistry and sexual tension between them that builds and intensifies quickly as they work together. The urge to give in and take advantage ...more
Kimberly
Aug 22, 2015 marked it as dnf
Tracy DeNeal
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ian and Jocelyn

Who knew museum curators could be so steamy?

Jocelyn is turning 30 soon and the hot Scot consultant she's working with at the museum just might be bucket list material.

Ian does not do work relationships. Too complicated. But he may have to make an exception with Jocelyn because she's an itch he definitely needs to scratch.

This book was well written and steamy as all get out. Two folks embarking on a no strings attached end date certain affair won't let their hearts become
Kelsey
DNF. I made it halfway and it's just too boring. There's literally 0 chemistry and they're just constantly having sex. And then thinking about not wanting more even when it's obvious they do want more. I can't read about characters I'm not invested in, in a good or bad way.
Coco.V
Dec 27, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (12/27/2019)! ...more
aarya
2019 Ripped Bodice Summer Bingo: Kilts

This was sexy and quick, but I never got the sense of why the protagonists knew each other or what their relationship was outside the bedroom. I liked the sexual fantasies. I was disappointed that there weren't any kilts in the book (I know, it’s silly, but I did have the expectation that the hero would wear a kilt). Still, it’s well written and I’m willing to read the author again.
Dianne
May 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
We all find one birthday that just kind of hits us smack in the face. Jocelyn’s “aha” moment came when she realized she was turning thirty and is determined to get a little wild and crazy before-hand. As a brilliant assistant at a well-known museum, finding excitement can be a little tough. Enter Scottish Ian Baird, a consulting museum curator. Number one on her bucket list was seducing a man and well, Ian was definitely a man, let the games begin!

Let’s just say that Jocelyn may be out of her
Kelly
Feb 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
I kinda have a soft spot for agreements between two consenting adults to just go for it and be all wild with the steamy sex. I mean, you know things are going to end up MORE between them (because I read romance books and I MUST HAVE MORE, DAMMIT!) and I love the build up to when they realize "Oh, hey. I don't just want to get down to the boning. I actually LIKE you."

So. This book hit the spot. Literally in Jocelyn's case since Ian knows his ways around a lady's hot buttons. She tosses aside her
Heather in FL
Jun 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable story of a somewhat sheltered girl lusting after the Scottish consultant brought in temporarily to curate an exhibit. When their chemistry becomes undeniable, they agree to a no-strings-attached relationship while he's there. They both know Ian will walk away at the end of his contract, so there should be no hurt feelings, right? And Ian knows he's not worth keeping around (childhood issues), so Jocelyn can't possibly think he's worth keeping around, right? Yet things get a bit out of ...more
Ani Gonzalez
Jan 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Super sexy read (with a Scottish hero!) and real, relatable characters. Jocelyn is turning thirty and wants to get a few things crossed off her bucket list. Okay, she wants to get ONE thing crossed off: a no-holds barred fling, preferable with her boss Ian. Ian resists (but no too much, just enough to make it fun) but finds himself wanting more.

I loved this book. It was sexy and sweet with a great hero and heroine. Great read!
Kazen
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
The fling-turns-into-something-more trope, not done so well. Jocelyn is a curator at a museum, putting together a special exhibit with the help of Ian. They have the hots for each other but sex with a coworker is a bad idea, and he's only in town until the exhibit opens. Let's get the sex out of our system turns into oh wait, I kinda moved in, with no communication about their deepening feelings.

The details took me out of the story, from unrealistic emotional beats to a puppy that comes potty
Pamela Shropshire
Meh. This was the New School BoTM for the OSRBC. It was just okay - I’m not terribly impressed and I’m glad it was free. They didn’t have an actual relationship; it was just about the sex and then all of a sudden, it seemed, the author tries to convince us they were actually in love.

I did like the bits with the puppy. Dogs and/or cats - gratuitous or otherwise - are always okay in my book. I also quite liked the ending; very cute, but not quite enough to save it for me. 2.5 stars.
Annathea
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Well, this was fun. It's not the perfect book by any means (I'm sure that you put stays under dress, not over it), but it was fun to read. I really liked the heroine. The author took a risky trope with LI (he "doesn't make love, he fucks") and made him sympathetic.
So if you're looking for a smutty romance that's also fun and fast read, this is a book for you.
Aly
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
So hot I might catch on fire!

This book was so good. It jumps right into the action and the smut is very nice. Who doesn't want a sexy Scottish man? I love Joce and Ian's relationship. Their banter is witty and fun to read. The puppy was an extra bit of adorable on top. Sometimes you just need a sexy, fun, easy book to make you smile (and pant!)
Jenica
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was super quick and really fun to read, but I (as always) would have loved a million more pages.
Onnica (I Love Romantic Fiction blog)
3.5 - enjoyable and really sweet quick read.
Tara
Sep 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, nerdgirlreviews
***Review has been done in conjunction with Nerd Girl Official.
For more information regarding our reviews please visit our Fansite: www.facebook.com/NerdGirl.ng ***

**NOT for under 18's! This book contains scenes suitable for mature readers only!!!**

**I received an ARC of this book, from the author, in exchange for an honest review.**

Synopsis:
Sparklybearsy¤°.¸¸.•´¯`»
A great read. I kinda fell in love with Lexi the dog <3
Meagan
Oct 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: series, romance, fiction
Melissa Blue pops up on my Twitter feed quite a bit, and that's generally a good indication that the awesome people I follow there enjoy her and that I would more than likely enjoy her, too. And I did! The main character, Jocelyn, is a museum curator (this makes me happy) who is very good at her job (this makes me happier), and the hero Ian is a consultant on her big new exhibition. I think his organization owns the items, and he's there to oversee the exhibit's creation or something - it ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Xeni (Loose Ends #2)
  • Tikka Chance on Me
  • Be My Fantasy (The Fantasy Series, #1)
  • Let It Shine
  • Stay My Fantasy (The Fantasy Series, #2)
  • Rafe: A Buff Male Nanny (Loose Ends #1)
  • Untouchable (Ravenswood #2)
  • My Fake Rake (Union of the Rakes, #1)
  • His Bride for the Taking
  • Haven (Beards & Bondage, #1)
  • The Secret She Keeps (Whitaker Island, #2)
  • Radio Silence (Off the Grid, #1)
  • That Kind of Guy (Ravenswood, #3)
  • Perv (Filth, #1)
  • Teach Me
  • Can't Escape Love (Reluctant Royals, #2.6)
  • A Prince on Paper (Reluctant Royals, #3)
  • New Year, New Boo?: a holiday short
Melissa Blue's writing career started on a typewriter one month after her son was born. This would have been an idyllic situation for a writer if it had been 1985, not 2004. Eventually she upgraded to a computer. She's still typing away on the same computer, making imaginary people fall in love.

Other places you can find me:
Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorOfSMR
Tsu:

Under the Kilt (6 books)
  • Her Insatiable Scot (Under the Kilt, #2)
  • Kilted For Pleasure (Under the Kilt, #3)
  • Kilt Tease (Under The Kilt, #4)
  • Scot Appeal (Under the Kilt, #5)
  • Dirty Sexy Scot (Under the Kilt, #6)
“Because when you love someone, you don't be daft. You let them know. Who gives a shite if they throw it back at you or walk away from you? You tell them. As fucking loudly as you can. Just so they know. That's living, Joce.” 1 likes