Start by marking “Delicate Ink (Montgomery Ink, #1)” as Want to Read:
Delicate Ink (Montgomery Ink, #1)

Delicate Ink

(Montgomery Ink #1)

On the wrong side of thirty, Austin Montgomery is ready to settle down. Unfortunately, his inked sleeves and scruffy beard isn’t the suave business appearance some women crave. Only finding a woman who can deal with his job, as a tattoo artist and owner of Montgomery Ink, his seven meddling siblings, and his own gruff attitude won’t be easy.

Finding a man is the last thing
Published October 14th 2014 by Fated Desires Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Delicate Ink, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Delicate Ink

Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»

RATING: 1.5 (Still too Much) HEARTS (1 Heart for cover + .5 Heart for story.)

I have to be honest: Although the blurb spurs the feelings of a good read, Delicate Ink isn’t nearly as good as it is implied, or could have been. Rather, Carrie Ann Ryan introduces us to the chronic plague of one too many clichés in a book, and with this, the addition of one too many sub-plots, rendering a not-so-promising start to the series.

The beginning of Delicate Ink starts with the introduction of main character
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo free neon Pi7 by sb_zps159tywwc.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (11/18/2016)

Stand-alone book 1.

BLURB:
Finding a man is the last thing on Sierra Elder’s mind. A recent transplant to Denver, her focu
SheLove2Read
Jan 16, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2016
DNF. For me, the two MC's had zero chemistry. I felt like the only thing missing was the kitchen sink. Way too many plots and sub-plots, the inclusion of characters that didn't enhance the story or move it forward in any way, it just didn't work. It also needed another run through editing. No disrespect to the author and her hard work, but this was not ready for publication.
~Kristin~
DNF 25% this was so freaking boring! yeah I'm out!
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Shadow and Slick‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4 & 4.5 STARS

Review copy provided for an honest review

This was a lively, interesting book with a fascinating plot, awesome characters, and some sizzling hot sex scenes.
Sierra Elder has finally put her past behind her and opened up her own boutique shop, right across from Montgomery Ink, where Austin Montgomery and his family hold sway. When she first meets Austin, he is rude and she decides she wants nothing to do with him. Aus
Anna
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
3,5 rounded up 4 stars.
I went totally blind there and was disappointed it was BDSM. Not my cuppa.
It's like long prologue for two or more family saga's. There are a lot of brothers/ sisters, cousins...
The main couple was ok. He was an asshole first, then he was all over her... Ok.
He fucked up once, but shortly made things good with her.
Safe
Faithful

Stace
Uhg. Too many story lines. Somebody really should have told her sometimes less is more. I really liked Austin and Sierra. I even liked the fact that the Montgomery family was so large, but keeping track of all of them and their respective significant others got a bit confusing. Would have been nice if we had been introduced slower without the various info dumps of every one of their complicated relationships. I didn't need to know all of that to read Austin's story. My main issues with this book ...more
Mara
May 17, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Delicate Ink was a kindle offer, and its price is the only reason I didn't send it back.

DI is one of those books that aren't even good enough to rant, there's really nothing to rant about. It's simply badly written.

This the only cont romance I know with infodumps. Only rather than the world building you are ragaled with the MC's past or thoughts, everything in the first chaps, with no reasons for this. But then this story moves forward on the author sayso. It lacks depth, motivation, a serious
Stacey is Sassy
Not rating.

Only managed to get to 30%. The characters and storyline were too corny and cliche.

Sorry to say this book was not for me.
Vivian
Dec 12, 2015 marked it as maybe
Free on ARe for two days.

Jacqueline
Aug 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: rare-2019-paris
This was a freebie and an ok read. I don't think I'd rush out to read more of this series.

Couple of things marred it for me. First was that he was into bdsm, seemingly from nowhere. There was a flurry of these bdsm heroes a few years ago thanks to Mr Grey and it was never my thing. In this, it seemed kind of tacked on and it jarred with me when two minutes after a really hot first kiss that had all of the feels he's thinking about her in her knees submitting to him. Yawn. What a shame as he was
Paganalexandria
Sierra Elder owns the new boutique on the same block of Austin Montgomery's tattoo shop. He sees all class, and wrongly assumes his inked bearded image is turn off for someone like her. She is offended with his initial greeting. Of course this being a romance novel, opposites attract...yada yada yada.

This started out okay but I got annoyed with his too big family from previous, and future books. Then drama characters from her past came on the scene with their cartoon threats finally forced me to
Becky
Jun 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Love the Montgomery family

This is the Denver Montgomery's with some New Orleans Montgomery's thrown in. Book one is Austin and Sierra's story as headliners but more Montgomery 's as side characters and storyline holds your attention and heart with them all.
If you love some amazing characters, storyline, big family by blood and love, sexy times with continued characters, you'll love the Montgomery clan!
3.5 stars would have been 4 but ending kinda wrapped up too fast for my liking.
Hea, no ow/om
Heather andrews
Sep 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved Austin, "yes, that's my name," he growled against her neck, one hand on her head, the other on her lower back. "You're going to be saying it over and over again soon." He's so caring when it comes to his woman, "come on, baby girl. You did so well. You look so effing hot right now with my marks on you." He picked her up and pulled her to his chest." He's protective, "Austin growled again then kissed her hard. Right there in front of the entire Montgomery clan. "For them and for you. If i ...more
Coco.V
Oct 28, 2017 added it
FREE on Amazon today (10/28/2017)!
Emily
Austin Montgomery has not been in the best of tempers with an ex-girlfriend refusing to call it quits and family drama. Unfortunately, he takes his temper out on Sierra Elder who had come into his shop looking for a tattoo. Wanting a redo, Austin shows Sierra a different side of himself and they find they actually have quite a bit in common, more than they thought.

Sierra is trying to put her past behind her, but two people still seem intent on haunting her. With Austin, Sierra feels safe for onc
Marta Cox
Oct 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I've read a few books by this author and have always been entertained so it was with great relish that I sat down to read this the first in her new series. This is a series set amongst the boisterous Montgomery family and a delight for those who enjoy reading about sexy tattooed guys and headstrong women . This larger than life family are set to charm even the hardest heart and this story about the eldest son has surprising twists that will surely keep readers rapidly turning the pages .
Austin i
Chumchum_88
This is the first long book in this series and it's amazing ^^

Austin was introduced in the first novella and it was apparent that he was not feeling right, but we were kept clueless till this book.

I liked the main characters, and the Montgomery Family the most. The main couple were strong mentally and emotionally, facing what been thrown at this in their short relationship isn't easy. I liked the steel on Sierra the most, having a past like that then knowing her boyfriend's father is having canc
Lu Bielefeld *read.laugh.love*
I first read the book with the story about Alex and Tabby (Ink Exposed (Montgomery Ink # 6)) so I came back to read the series from the beginning.
I recommend reading in order because in addition to the story about the main couple there are also several background events that are interesting for understanding the facts in the series. Throughout the reading we learn about the lives of the other brothers as well and the curiosity about the other books increases.
I liked the heroes and recommend read
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
Delicate Ink was my first ever Carrie Ann Ryan book, and I will definitely read more by her! Sierra and Austin were both great characters to get to know. And I loved Austin's huge... family ;)
The tattoo part of the story was well done (and now, I want another tattoo!), as was the way Sierra's past caught up with her at the most inopportune time.
Well written, with a pinch of suspense, this romance worked very well for me.
Sarah (A Weebish Book Blog)
First Reviewed on A Weebish Book Blog
Rating: ★★★★☆

I spotted DELICATE INK while perusing my BookBub deals. It was my first time reading a Carrie Ann Ryan novel, but the sexy tatted muscles synopsis called to me. I mean, ink, piercings, sexy bearded men? Hell yeah I picked it up! I’m so thankful I did because now I have so many wonderfully dirty books to binge read.

DELICATE INK is a delicious erotic contemporary about two unlikely people drawn to one another by unwanted attraction. As they continu
Paula White
DNF @ 30% may go back to it
Cindy
Aug 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Favorite Quotes:
“Fine. I see how it is. Whatever. You were only an okay lay anyway.” She shook her ass as
she left, bumping into a woman in a linen skirt and blouse.
The woman, whose long honey-brown hair hung in waves down to her breasts, raised a
brow. “I see your business has an…interesting clientele.”
Austin clenched his jaw. Seriously the wrong thing to say after Shannon.
“If you’ve got a problem, you can head on right back to where you came from, Legs,” he bit
out, his voice harsher than he’d in
Kami Dodson-Perry
Austin Montgomery is part of a huge family. Austin and Maya run Montgomery Ink together. An up and coming tattoo shop.

Sierra Elder is trying to start a new life. She is an owner of a new store called Eden. Sierra’s past is sad and troubled and she made the move to get away from some of that sadness. Sierra has scars that she wants to get tattooed. Sierra seeks the help of Montgomery Ink to help her with this task.

The first encounter with Sierra and Austin did not go as planned and they got off o
Beanimous
Sep 21, 2016 rated it did not like it
DNF 52%

This is not a badly written book. I could not finish the book due to the following reasons:
1. Tepid, stale dialogue between the hero and heroine. Especially after they become a couple.
2. Heroine have no gag reflex.....This is purely a personal prejudice, mostly likely stemming from jealousy. But the reality is, a perfect heroine who is practically perfect in every way with no gag reflex is just too perfect for me. It kept the characters two dimensional and remained flat, and not come aliv
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
free 14/1/16

Amazon UK Link - Delicate Ink (Montgomery Ink Book 1)
Amazon US Link - http://amzn.com/B011JEG8BA
Shari Kay
Apr 29, 2016 marked it as not-for-me
Not interested in (spoiler...really)(view spoiler) see comments below for more info.
Beckslopez
Dec 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Ok this book kept me entertained and I finished it in like 2 days! Loved Austin and the Montgomery clan...I am a FAN! Thanks Carrie Ann, now I have to go get the other two -Like NOW!!!
Can anyone help me find this book? 1 4 Feb 04, 2018 06:06PM
The Challenge Fac...: Krissy & Ezi - Delicate Ink 23 25 Aug 16, 2016 05:35PM
  • Under His Skin (So Inked, #1)
  • Blank Canvas (Big Easy, #1)
  • The Science of Loving
  • Midnight Ink (Montgomery Ink, #0.5, Bayou Bound, #1, Bone Daddy, #2.5, Dangerous, #0.5)
  • Marley in Chains
  • Blackthorne (Heart of Fame, #8)
  • Berserk (Detroit After Dark #3)
  • Love Revealed (The Market #1)
  • Harder (Stark Ink, #1)
  • Take Your Pleasure
  • Move Me (Hidden, #4)
  • Exquisite Danger (Iron Horse, MC #2)
  • Fight For Me (Fight For, #1; Invitation to Eden, #5)
  • The Perfect Score
  • Make Mine a Cowboy (Cowboy Dreamin', #1)
  • Payne (House Of Payne #1)
  • Working Out (The Works, #2)
  • Falling Under (Ink & Chrome, #2)
Carrie Ann Ryan is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of contemporary and paranormal romance. Her works include the Montgomery Ink, Redwood Pack, Talon Pack, and Gallagher Brothers series, which have sold over 2.0 million books worldwide. She started writing while in graduate school for her advanced degree in chemistry and hasn’t stopped since. Carrie Ann has written over fifty no ...more

Montgomery Ink (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Tempting Boundaries (Montgomery Ink, #2)
  • Harder than Words (Montgomery Ink, #3)
  • Written in Ink (Montgomery Ink, #4)
  • Ink Enduring (Montgomery Ink, #5)
  • Ink Exposed (Montgomery Ink, #6)
  • Inked Expressions (Montgomery Ink, #7)
  • Inked Memories (Montgomery Ink, #8)
  • Fallen Ink (Montgomery Ink: Colorado Springs, #1)
  • Restless Ink (Montgomery Ink: Colorado Springs, #2)
  • Jagged Ink (Montgomery Ink: Colorado Springs, #3)
“Break something on the computer again with those big man hands?"

"Shut up, minion," he teased.”
3 likes
“Decker grinned, taking the cup and then blowing over it. "What';; you give me for my silence?"

Austin flipped him off. "I won't kick your ass."

"You can try , old man."

"You're getting closer to the big number, too."

Decker grinned. "I'm twenty-nine. You're thirty-eight. Those are two different big numbers, bro. Just saying."

"Fuck you."

"No thanks. I prefer my bedmates with a little less chest hair.”
3 likes