Start by marking “Miss Apple Pants” as Want to Read:

Miss Apple Pants

Sometimes life is what you make it.

Ella Jensen is an old soul stuck in a teenager's body, and she doesn't make friends easily. In her senior year of high school, her family moves across the country to Seattle, turning her already-small world upside down. She feels alone and lost… But then she finds a box of decades-old love letters between Martha and Frederick; she becomes
Published September 12th 2013 by Charlotte Roth

To ask other readers questions about Miss Apple Pants, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miss Apple Pants

Melissa Agena
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing coming of age story! Lost in Seattle is written by Charlotte Roth and follows Eleanor. Eleanor is 17 and was finally settling in where her and her parents were living in Connecticut when her father quits his job and accepted another one in Seattle, WA. She reluctantly goes with her parents. Her parents are these quirky, hippie, adorable people that yes, named their daughter after the Beatles song. They truly helped the cuteness factor to this book! Their trek across the country w ...more
Angela
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Stars

Lost in Seattle is the first book in the Miss Apple Pants series by Charlotte Roth. This is a really great young adult story, a coming of age, with humour, friendship, emotion, drama, mystery, quirky and memorable characters, and more.
This story is complex and multi-layered, with two interesting and clever stories woven into a witty, heart-warming and fun read. We meet Ella who has had her life turned upside down when her family treks across the country to move to Seattle right in her se
Maura
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I.CAN'T.EVEN!!! This is so not the book I expected it to be. As a matter of fact, I passed it over several times before I picked it up to read. WOWZERS!!! I don't even know where to begin...

The characters: Developed yet mysterious in a way that I can't describe. It felt like I was jumping into the middle of a perplexing problem. And THEN there is a story within the story and we get to know characters in a non-conventional way. And THEN we meet someone who needs to make a life changing decision (
Elena
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Great plot!! Ella is a 17 years old teenager who had it difficult to make friends when her parents were moving every other year. When she finally has that home feeling and people she can call friends in Connecticut, her father informs her that they are moving again on the other side of the country, N Seattle.

The journey that Ella starts all the way in Seattle is full of love, friendship, self-discovery. She becomes a woman and finds friends in people she is expecting the least. And the help and
Kelli
Mar 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love this!

I didn't want this book to end. I vote a follow up book. :) Having just moved to Washington last year I could relate to the apprehension.
E.A.
Miss Apple Pants by Charlotte Roth was a sweet coming of age story that touch on many different things, good, bad and heart braking. This light hearted read leaves you in a good mood.

This wasn't my first read by this author, but my first in her YA genera. Like the other book I've read, the writing was smooth, consistent and easy to read. But, to be frank, there was way too much filler taking up space, and not adding anything to the overall story and plot. I don't know if it was done to up the p
Laura Furuta
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Miss Apple Pants: Lost in Seattle
By: Charlotte Roth
5 out of 5 stars

The story Miss Apple Pants: Lost in Seattle by Charlotte Roth is a coming of age book. It tells the tale of one young girl who is uprooted from her life and moved to Seattle and how she adapts. This is a book that touched my heart and had my emotions going up and down with each chapter that I read. It is a story that you feel your way through. There were times when I was laughing at what was said and others when I had tears in my
Liz
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was such a fun and sweet read. I have read a lot of Charlotte’s other novels and was not expecting this from her but I was not disappointed in the change up of things. The ease of the story flow was still strong and evident throughout the process. I felt as if I was there experiencing things first hand with Ella and I was cemented there till the very end of the book.

Ella is devastated when she learns that she has to move her senior year and start completely over all the way across the coun
Magdalena
May 05, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-kindle
I am a bit conflicted about this one.

I felt entirely dissociated from the main themes of infertility and motherhood. As someone utterly terrified of pregnancy who doesn't even want children, I could not connect with this particular coming of age story. The constant mention of 'little feet' made me feel nauseated. The ever-growing array of coincidences, drama, and millions of new plot points brought about a similar response.

On the other hand though, I really enjoyed the writing style and the orig
Angelina Frazzini
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Miss Apple Pants: Lost in Seattle by Charlotte Roth is book one of the Miss Apple Pants Series. This book is a coming of age story but it’s really so much more than that. It really shows the ties between family, friendships and love, while also depicting the special bonds mothers and daughters have. I enjoyed the depiction of Ella’s relationship with her parents as well even though she’s not thrilled they are moving across the country. Though it’s not easy for Ella living with her hippie like pa ...more
Angela Shirley
Shelves: ibbb-reviews
This book is a coming of age story about a girl who has to recreate her life when she moves to a new town.

Ella is moving to Seattle and has to start a fresh in a new city and new school, but her world changes when she stumbles across an old box of letters which open up her world not only to friendships but a sense of what life is about and that you are your own author in your life.

I loved the way Ella felt comfortable with the writers of the letters and almost saw them as real people getting cau
Debi
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Miss Apple Pants: Lost in Seattle by Charlotte Roth

5 Stars

This author has quickly become an absolute favorite of mine. This story although a bit different than what I'm used to by her was still as enjoyable as all the rest in a different way.

I could totally relate to Ella when in her senior year she has to move..this happened to me and was not something I enjoyed, but if Id had the chance to have my story go the way hers did in some places I might actually look back on it and smile a bit.

I had a
Kaitlynn Taylor
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Miss Apple Pants: Lost in Seattle -Charlotte Roth

5-star review

Miss Apple Pants: Lost in Seattle by Charlotte Roth is another 5-star read by this author! I am a huge fan of Charlotte’s as she always manages to write stories that completely pull me in and have me feeling all kinds of emotions. Charlotte is a truly amazing storyteller; her writing style is clear and free flowing which makes it so easy to picture everything playing out in my mind.

This is the first book in the Miss Apple Pants series
Katie
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lost in Seattle (Miss Apple Pants #1)
By Charlotte Roth
4 stars

The books that I have read by this author have been more recently written by her so I was really looking forward to reading some of her earlier work. It was a really good read, completely different writing style than I am used to from Charlotte Roth but still as enjoyable.
I loved the setting for the story and though that it was well described. The characters were well thought out and although it is primarily a coming of age story I co
Karen Barber
Jun 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Miss Apple Pants

An odd name, that all makes sense after reading the story.
Eleanor is used to odd things happening, and her parents could be embarrassing but they muddle along together well enough. At the start of the book the family are moving across country after dad loses his job.
When they arrive all their stuff is missing. Somehow they’ve ended up with a moving van of someone else’s stuff, and nobody can work out what’s going on. Eleanor and her mother find letters and start reading them.
Thro
Erin
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a Story! This was such a beautiful read about finding oneself. I honestly thought it was going to be more like a YA read, but it was very deep.

I try to start each book with an open mind, but honestly with the book cover and title, i thought it was going to be a very young easy read. Although it read easily it certainly wasn't a young read. Although revolving around a highschooler it could easily connect with anyone on a journey to find themselves.

I really enjoyed the charecters, out didn'
Dori cousley
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Miss Apple Pants: Lost in Seattle by Charlotte Roth is a coming age story about a girl named Ella. Her family decides before her senior year of high school, to move across the country to Seattle. Ella is an old soul, who is very mature for her age but the move is hard for her, That was until she came across this box of old letters and fell in love with the writers of them. She also meets her neighbor, Miss T and develops a friendship with her. Ella, then faces a very tough decision that could ch ...more
Dawn Daughenbaugh
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Star
Miss Apple Pants: Lost in Seattle by Charlotte Roth is a coming of age book that tells the tale of a young girl who's been uprooted and moved to Seattle. This book had my emotions sll over the place and pulled at my heart strings. I couldn't put this down once I started reading it had me entranced and turning the pages ..This book had me tearing up and laughing at times.Ella is a young woman who isnt happy about being uprooted and moved to Seattle. But she finds herself unable to stay away
Traci Sanders
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a story about finding oneself in life. Ella just graduated from high school and is embarking on life as an adult. She finally meets her first real crush and has her first heartbreak. She experiences death of a close loved one. She experiences the joy of the bond between a mother and child, and the pain of watching a true friend go through unspeakable heartache.

It's a coming-of-age story that will stay with you long after the book has ended. I became a huge fan of Charlotte Roth with this
Karen Thompson
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Roth’s book “Lost in Seattle” a Miss Apple Pants novel, is a tantalizing trip through the challenges of being 17 growing into tough adult decisions. The main character Charlotte Ella, experiences moving to Seattle, one of numerous moves in her life, finding new friends, being a single child with quirky parents, young love, first sex, teenage pregnancy, and life and death. Ms. Roth has great talent for creating characters that you absolutely identify with and become strongly attached to them. She ...more
Felicia  Bates
Miss Apple Pants: Lost in Seattle
Written by Charlotte Roth
stars

I’ll start off by admitting I have been overlooking this book based on the title, I wasn’t sure if the book would be geared towards a younger audience. I have been really enjoying Charlotte Roth’s writing lately and felt that I should give this book a try since her writing hasn’t let me down yet. I have to say I am really happy I took a chance and read this, it was just as fulfilling as past reads by this author.
Jenni Bishop
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Miss Apple Pants: Lost in Seattle by: Charlotte Roth is a young adult coming of age story that is full of heartwarming and heartbreaking moments. Charlotte is a storyteller that draws you into her world and her writing style flow easily. There are a lot of emotions in this book from happiness and sadness, joy and sorrow that enable you to connect with these well thought out characters and enjoy their story. The style of the writing for this book is completely different from Charlotte but it work ...more
Sophie Koufes
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
A coming of age story set in 2012 & goes back in time to the eighties in Seattle, WA. A tale of two stories intertwined. One based on thirty year old love letters between Martha & Frederick, the other revolves around seventeen-year-old Ella and her hippie parents. The secondary storyline revolved around love letters is complex, & a intriguing tale intricately weaved into a entertaining storyline. Characters are witty, & one-of-kind. Overall, a sweet, humorous, & heartwarming ...more
Erica Fish
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Miss Apple Pants: Lost in Seattle by Charlotte Roth is a great coming of age book for young ladies. Charlotte Roth has a great way of having you feel like you are right there in the story. There are turns and twists and some curve balls but you want to keep reading to see what will happen next. In this story Ella has had a rough time since she was uprooted during her senior year. This subject touches my heart in a personal way. Ella does not have an easy time making friends. She is a bit awkward ...more
Sheri
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Miss Apple Pants: Lost in Seattle by Charlotte Roth is a charming YA novel. The main character Ella is a teen with the mind of someone much older. She is dealing with moving with her parents and the apprehension that comes with a major life change. The parents are "hippies" but relatable. As Ella meets her new neighbors and she learns their stories, she discovers herself. This is a good read and was enjoyable. The writing is smooth and allowed the story to flow quickly. The pages flew by and lef ...more
Danielle Suzanne DuSchene
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Simply Breathtaking.

If you want a book that will take you on many rollercoaster loops, keep you in the edge of your seat at the same time making you cozy in that same seat then this is the book for you!
Ella and her family are simply amazing to get to know. They glide through quite a few obstacles and come out full of hope and love at the other end.
Really no words are adequate to describe how you will feel falling in love with Ella, her family, their lives and Lost in Seattle in general!!
Susan Lister
Jul 15, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a cute coming of age story that touched many areas of my heart!It's one of those YA reads that will screw with your heat but heal it in the end!

This wasn't the first read from this author but, I'll be honest wasn't my favorite. It was beautifully written but i fell like there were a lot of "filler" details that we didn't need but overall the book was amazing. I loved how it hooked me and kept me intrigue through the whole story.

This author is one of my favs and a must have one click!
Bobbi Wagner
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book from beginning to end. It is a sweet story about a young girl who is trying to find herself in life. This book took me on an emotional roller coaster right along with the characters. I don't think there is a life experience that Ella does not experience. The characters are connectable and relateble. They made me feel as if I was right in the story with them, they pulled me right in. I highly suggest this book.
Amelia Bland
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is a coming of age story about a girl whose life is turned upside-down when she moves to a new city. After a mishap with the moving truck her and her mother start to read letters written by Martha and Fredrick. Not only are we seeing how Eleanor’s life pans but Martha’s and Fredrick’s past. We see a friend ship blossoming between Eleanor and Miss T.
I haven’t read anything by this author before but will be reading more in the future.
Sara
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was great, it had good pace and flows well. The titles of the chapter were different but cute. I love the characters and how they blended together. This book sure is full of emotions that you may need a tissue. I feel like what the main characters found made her a stronger person. I loved turning each page of this book. It takes you on a journey through more than one life. I will recommend this book to everyone.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Loved it! 1 3 Oct 15, 2013 11:19PM
Charlotte is a mom, a wife, and an author—in that order. She’s originally from Denmark but moved to Seattle in 2005 with her husband, baby Alfred, and lots of hopes and dreams. The family has since added the twincesses, Emma and Olivia.

When she’s not ‘mom’ (read= doing laundry, making lunches, and solving kids’ world crisis), she spends every second of her free time writing what readers call compe