Start by marking “Reconexión (Desconexión, #2)” as Want to Read:
Reconexión (Desconexión, #2)

Reconexión (Unwind Dystology #2)

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  41,135 Ratings  ·  3,996 Reviews
Gracias a Connor, Lev y Risa, y a las repercusiones de su revuelta en la Cosechadora de Happy Jack, la población ya no puede seguir mirando para otro lado. Tal vez la desconexión sirva para librar a la sociedad de jóvenes problemáticos y, al mismo tiempo, para surtirla de órganos muy necesarios para los trasplantes, pero su inmoralidad ha saltado por fin a la palestra.

Conn
Tapa blanda con solapas, 488 pages
Published November 5th 2013 by Anaya (first published August 28th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Reconexión, please sign up.
S_pa_ces Although I would rather it be a tv series on HBO or Showtime, to make sure the capture as many details as possible. . . …moreAlthough I would rather it be a tv series on HBO or Showtime, to make sure the capture as many details as possible. . . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9snP4... . . . (less)

Brigid ✩ Cool Ninja Sharpshooter ✩
3/20/16:

Finished re-reading this! And I think I loved it even more the second time. For some reason, I'd kind of forgotten everything that happens in this one (I think I read it too fast the first time), so I'm glad I took the time to read it again––and this time I went through it a bit more slowly/carefully.

For once, I feel like my original review is pretty solid and covers almost everything I have to say about this book. I'm always blown away by Shusterman's writing, world-building, and charac
Kenzie
Getting this out of the way first: Neal Shusterman, I swear, if you make me wait five years for the next book, I will die. Like, actually die.

My expectations were high, high, high for this one, considering how spectacular the first one was. Well, this did not disappoint in the least. Hot. Damn.

Damn it. DAMN IT. Neal Shusterman is an absolute master at two things: introducing a bunch of new characters, more than you'd think you'd be able to handle and it makes you want to groan and just think oh
Jillian -always aspiring-
WHOA. I was always hoping there would be a sequel to Unwind (that ending was just too open-ended!!), but now that it's confirmed that there *will be* one. . . Oh my goodness, I'm so excited, and I know nothing about the plot (more twists, turns, and suspense, of course), the timeframe (taking place a few months or YEARS after the first book?), or the characters (same cast or not?). That is definitely the mark of a GREAT first book if I'm wondering about the sequel even YEARS before it may see pr ...more
❄️Nani❄️
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-fantasy
Is it possible to get a heart attack from reading a book?

Because these books should come with a warning label:
⚠Unsuitable for readers of weak constitution.⚠

I am blown away. What the hell else can I say about Neal Schusterman by now??

This was a worthy sequel to an already phenomenal start. There wasn’t a single moment of boredom and what makes it even more of an epic read? (Aside from the winning plot, that is?) The characters.
I can’t get over how utterly fascinating, incredibly fleshed out a
Maggie
Aug 05, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
I felt about UnWholly the way I felt about this season of True Blood.

I kid (and shamelessly take advantage of any opportunity to use an Alexander Skarsgard gif). But for the majority of the season, I was banging my head against the wall and yelling, "Stop trying to make Arlene happen!" And I'm pretty sure ifrit is Arabic for "waste of fucking time." But then just when I'm ready to wipe my hands of the show, it finally wraps up the extraneous storylines and gives me what I really care about -- Er
Laz
Jul 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Not as perfect as the first book in the series but still pretty good for a follow-up if you ask me. Shusterman did justice to the characters, new and old ones alike. So the book picks up from where it left in book one when Connor was left in charge of the Whollies. The book kicks it off with a new character, Starkey, who I'm sure
Amma
Sep 25, 2010 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopia
Actually, I really like the title :), makes me think of Lev...:)

I don't know whether to rejoice or start crying that there's a sequel to 'the best book ever- no I mean it this time dude', Unwind. Some authors and series should quit while they're ahead *coughMaximumRidecough*. But I'm sure it will be excellent. The ending was very open and that's how I liked it. It allowed hope and optimism.

The only thing I'm dreading is a Risa/Connor sex scene :P.
Kiki
One of the best books I have ever read in my life. It was spectacular.

Review pending.
Robin (Bridge Four)
Buddy Read/reread with my peeps at Buddies Books and Baubles

Shusterman is one of my favorite YA writers. He writes in such an engaging and imaginative way. The alternating PoVs each have a different voice and the glimpses into the minds of even the 'bad' characters gives immense insight into their motivations. I liked this just as much the second time through and it still holds strong as my favorite YA series to date. Well done Mr. Shusterman, well done.

Even if you aren't a fan of YA or only giv
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
*4.5 Stars*

This document I sign of my own free will.
...I sign of my own free will.
...my own free will.

Okay, so, I wasn't going to write a review for this. I finished last night and I was like...nah. I'll leave it alone. I know I'm going to read the third and I know that I love Connor and Risa and Lev, people don't want to hear me grumble on repeatedly. Well, I wasn't guna! I didn't have as deep a reaction as the first and I didn't want to write a mundane second review where my heart wasn't in
Alice Cai
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-star-5-star, 5-star
4.5*
I thought the first book was a lot more epic, but there were some awesome things in this one also. First there are 3 new main characters (Starkey, Cam, Miracolina) introduced in addition to the 3 continuing main characters (Connor, Risa, Levi). I personally saw these new main characters as the "evil" versions of the original three, but that isn't really accurate in context.

Starkey: The evil version of Connor.
Miracolina: Levi when he sucked.
Cam: Ok Cam isn't really similar to Risa, but dude d
Jessica
Aug 27, 2010 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
HOLY...!!!!!!!
No way! No WAY! I can't even type right now, I'm so shocked. Keep having to backspace. I can't believe it. Just when I thought my obsessive waiting for a sequel was over (Been waiting for Mockingjay and read it after almost a year of waiting). I wonder if it'll be the same characters, or if we get new ones.
But wait. I have to wait till 2012! NNNNNNNOOOOOOOooooooo...... (Trails of indefinitly)

Edit Dec 20, 2011: YEA!!!! It's going to be a triology!!!! Yea, yea, yea, yea!!!!

Only 280 m
Maria V. Snyder
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book made me worry! I worried about the main characters, because there were sections from the antagonists' POV and they showed what they were thinking and plotting. Then there's Cam, created from hundreds of unwinds - super creepy! And I wasn't sure how Shusterman would get the ending to work out, but then he did! And as most of you know, I'm very critical of endings but this one left me a bit breathless! I will definitely be reading the next in the series, UnSouled (I think). Although I'm ...more
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Imagine a world where body part harvesting is not taboo, but commonplace. Imagine someone else getting to make the decision for you to give your body parts to someone else. Imagine walking around and seeing people on the street who are proudly sporting new limbs, eyes, and other various body parts.

Would you want to live in that world?

I sure as hell wouldn't. But it sure makes for damn good reading material, as long as you take care not to think too hard about how it's virtually impossible for
Athena Shardbearer

BBB Buddy Read

BOOM, FIVE STARS!!!!

I need the next one soon! I need answers...I have questions and I want more CAM. I wonder what he's going to do and I need to know NOW!!!!
Terence
Sep 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars
Unwinding is a big business. The setbacks of the destruction of the Happy Jack Harvest Camp, the clapper who wouldn't clap, and subsequent law changes have led to a new ad campaign in favor of unwinding and encouraging adults to sell their bodies to unwinding to care for their families. It also led to something more unique and unusual than anyone would fathom a rewound teenager. Camus Camprix or Cam for short was created using all the best parts of unwound teens for unknown reasons by the corpor ...more
Ashley *Hufflepuff Kitten*
Buddies Books & Baubles group read 15May15!

Took me an hour to fall asleep last night because for as exhausted as I was, the ending of this book just made me want to dash upstairs and grab UnSouled. ENERGIZER BUNNEH. BRAIN WOULD NOT TURN OFF. Yes, thank you, I'm now reduced to Camspeak.

This book brings back all our favorite players from UnWind and, like any sequel, introduces new people with their own problems and agendas. I disliked Starkey right off the bat, I still love Trace, and I have
Jenny Conatser
Argh. I LOVED Unwind. It is one of the most haunting YA reads I've ever encountered, and I was prepared to love Unwholly just as much. Well, nuts to that.

I feel like Shusterman had some serious scope-creep going on here. Like he started out going in one direction, then just had a whole bunch of other ideas that he couldn't quite flesh out enough within the length of this book. The plot spins in a multitude of different directions. I read and read and read...but nothing ever really managed to hap
 ⚔ Sh3lly - Cranky Crone of Rabid Hedgehogs and Fire Breathing Kittens ⚔

I guess I'm not really feeling this series anymore. I really enjoyed the first one. This seemed like just a continuation of book one, same formula, and it didn't seem like a whole lot happened. I really didn't like any of the new characters, except maybe Cam. I HATED STARKEY. I hate him so much.

I didn't like Miracolina, although she finally ended up having some growth and growing a brain.

Connor was annoying and angsty, Risa was annoying and angsty (although she does get an interesting twist abo
Leon Enciso
Las palabras no hacen daño. —Y esta es una de las mentiras más enormes y criminales perpetradas por los adultos contra los niños en este mundo. Porque en realidad las palabras hacen más daño que el daño físico.
April*procrastinator and proud*
This book was perfectly perfect and everything I wanted it to be. When I read this I pretend Lev is older, because if I don't I feel like a pedophile. He
Xabi1990
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cuatro estrellas un poco justas, pero cuatro. En realidad podría coger el comentario hecho al primero de la saga y pegarlo aquí. Seguiría siendo válido.

Con esto quiero decir que este segundo es una continuación del primero en cuanto a historia y personajes principales. Aparece algún otro personaje que mantiene la talla: son interesantes y aportan algo a la historia …aunque no demasiado.

Pero las virtudes las mantiene en cuanto a adicción y personajes. Un poco menos de valoración porque la trama
L.C. Perry
Jul 02, 2018 marked it as on-hold  ·  review of another edition
I really, really hope I can get back into this book someday. I loved the first book and I have no idea why I've been stuck on this one for like two years??? I just don't have the motivation to finish it and I don't know why. It's been so long that when I do finish it, I don't think I can give it a rating. It would be unfair for me to rate it given my treatment towards it.
katwiththehat
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-n, ttsne
This sequel to "Unwind" certainly took things to a whole new level! I really enjoyed the way Neal Shusterman dug deep to the creepy core of humanity and took the original premise of UNWIND, where teens could be salvaged for scrap body parts once they turned thirteen, and in this second installment, tried to come up with every sick "what if" scenario to keep the game fresh. Just a really eerie dystopian scenario that was an exciting read.

And of course, I loved catching up with our old friends Con
Lena
Whoa, this was an absolutely mind blowing second book!!! As always, I'm very impressed by the variety of characters and how complex and cunning they all are. Super grateful about the way POC's and people with different religions are represented in this series. Can't wait to see where the story goes from here *-*
Abduraafi Andrian
Ulasan lengkap: http://bibliough.blogspot.co.id/2016/...

Hal menyebalkan terjadi ketika kau susah mendapatkan waktu untuk menyelesaikan kisah semenegangkan buku ini. Hingga kau mendapatkannya, kau merasa amat sangat bersyukur atas hal itu.

Buku ini membahagiakan--dalam arti yang salah. Berakhir dengan letup-letup harapan, para remaja di bawah umur--nggak habis pikir sih kalau kondisi mereka pada buku ini benar-benar terjadi--ini harus melawan para orang dewasa yang paranoid terhadap mereka.

Perkemb
Rose
I don't have much time to write a review because my fingers are itching to start the next book in the series. But I'll keep it short and sweet: This book is badass. This series in general is. I've read quite a few dystopias but none of them had this kind of a solid worldbuilding, which is partly as solid as it is because the issue the book is dealing with is scary, just like the future the book plays in but only because it seems like something that is possible.

And not only is the book badass bu
Denise Chavis
May 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I heard Neal Shusterman a few weeks ago. He said in this book he will take it to a new level with something called organ printing. He told us to look it up. I did, and here is what I found. http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/stor... I can't wait to see where he goes with this. For all who did not want a sequel, he did not plan one at first, but his mind starting going in this new direction, and he must write!
  • Ashen Winter (Ashfall, #2)
  • The Drowned Cities (Ship Breaker, #2)
  • Dust & Decay (Rot & Ruin, #2)
  • Light (Gone, #6)
  • Rebel Heart (Dust Lands, #2)
  • Outpost (Razorland, #2)
  • Fox Forever (Jenna Fox Chronicles, #3)
  • The Ask and the Answer (Chaos Walking, #2)
  • Crashed (Cold Awakening, #2)
  • Fragments (Partials Sequence, #2)
  • Rage Within (Dark Inside, #2)
  • Passenger (The Marbury Lens, #2)
  • Spark (Sky Chasers, #2)
  • The Sun Dwellers (The Dwellers, #3)
  • Shades of Earth (Across the Universe, #3)
  • Prized (Birthmarked, #2)
  • The Resistance (The Declaration, #2)
  • Because It Is My Blood (Birthright, #2)
Award-winning author Neal Shusterman grew up in Brooklyn, New York, where he began writing at an early age. After spending his junior and senior years of high school at the American School of Mexico City, Neal went on to UC Irvine, where he made his mark on the UCI swim team, and wrote a successful humor column. Within a year of graduating, he had his first book deal, and was hired to write a movi ...more
More about Neal Shusterman

Unwind Dystology (4 books)
  • Unwind (Unwind, #1)
  • UnSouled (Unwind, #3)
  • UnDivided (Unwind, #4)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Loved (House of Night Other World #1)
    $11.00 $0.99
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Words don't hurt you." Which is one of the hugest criminal lies perpetrated by adults against children in this world. Because words hurt more than any physical pain.” 301 likes
“The sad truth about humanity...is that people believe what they're told. Maybe not the first time, but by the hundredth time, the craziest of ideas just becomes a given.” 197 likes