Start by marking “Tessa: From Fear to Faith” as Want to Read:
Tessa: From Fear to Faith

Tessa: From Fear to Faith

Is there no way out?
Tessa loathes being forced to work in her father's illegal drug business. Yet her ill-fated attempts at running away only deepen the abuse. Guilt and shame press in, pushing away her real friends and reinforcing her own criminal tendencies.
Published September 3rd 2013 by Life Sentence Publishing (first published September 1st 2013)

Start your review of Tessa: From Fear to Faith
Carol Stanley-Snow
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
RECEIVED BOOK FREE THROUGH GOODREADS FIRST READS.

This is a book of salvation. Tessas' lot in life is tragic. Her life is a mess and she has Walter to thank for that.

Just when you think all is lost, Tessa finds faith. A faith that will save her life and her soul.

This is an inspiring read.
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
About this book:

“"Is there no way out?"
Tessa yearns for freedom - and something else. Then a neighbor introduces her to God and salvation through Christ. But will faith be enough? Can she overcome the forces that bind her before it's too late?”

Series: As of
Brenda
Dec 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Tessa Miner lives in fear but also in shame. Her dad Walter forces her to help him cook Meth, and her mother Julie seems to turn a blind eye to what is going on. So Tessa runs away whenever she can, but she is always returned home,this time she is caught and Walter almost beats her to death! When her forces her once again to cook drugs she almost dies this seems to soften her mother just a bit and she decides that if Tessa goes back to school then perhaps Walter might leave her alone. Tessa is ...more
Sheila Holmes
Feb 04, 2018 rated it liked it
I feel mixed emotions about this novel. As is, it rates about 2.5 stars, but could be much higher a rating with very little editing.

First, I feel distressed that the author felt the need to use some swearing in a few places by her characters. I am not naive. I understand this is the way many people choose to speak, but I don't want it to be a part of my entertainment.

Secondly, there were some portions of the story that didn't quite track for me. I would find myself asking... What??? She said
Bouke Sieperda
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tessa!!!
A extraordinairy novel about child abuse!
A book with a very sad story full of abuse ,cruel, crime,so much struggle to survive
and fear, extreme fear but still also love and foremost getting into faith in God and Jesus Christ!
Its a book which is a must read for everyone as this is a theme which j happens everyday throuhgout the world as we can see everydays evidence went small children are brought in into hospital with lot s of bruises broken arms and or legs or ribs!
The author has
Richard Spillman
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The subtitles for Melissa Wiltrout’s Tessa is from fear to faith. Those four words aptly describe this story. The book opens in a very dark place. The fear is real. The atmosphere is hopeless. Her main character, Tessa, is in bondage. But as you progress through the story, little by little, light begins to shine and hope begins to reign. By the end faith prevails. This is a 2 Corinthians 3:17 story: where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. It is a thought provoking, inspiring read.
Helen
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book grabbed my heart and did not want to turn it loose!

I was raised in a very loving home for which I thank God. I remembered the stories my father told of his childhood and compared it with some of the things in this book. It makes me so sad to know just how many young people are exposed to domestic violence, drugs, alcohol and abuse. I have worked with the children from homes with domestic violence and they need all the friendship and attention they can get.
Mary Pinkston
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inside look

This book is written from the view of a young girl living in a toxic environment. Her journey to God and how she chose to choose forgiveness.
Lisa Johnson
Jun 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Title: Tessa, From Fear to Faith
Author: Melissa Wiltrout
Pages: 275
Year: 2013
Publisher: Life Sentence Publishing, LLC
Tessa Miner is a young teenage girl who is forced by her abusive father to help him make and sell meth. She doesn’t want to do this, but if she refuses, he will punish her with a beating. Her father also drinks a lot of alcohol and uses drugs too. Her mother would rather ignore what her father is doing and just try not to make him too angry. Her parents argue constantly at the
Jalynn Patterson
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
About the Book:

"Is there no way out?"

About the Author:

Lis Ann - The Indigo Quill
See full review @ The Indigo Quill

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Tessa is a runaway. She is a runaway who is desperately searching for refuge from her dark and dysfunctional home. Her father is abusive and forces her to help him with his underground drug business, while her mother stands by choosing to overlook the severity of the situation. When everything seems hopeless and uncertain, she discovers a light at the end of the tunnel. However, she doesn't
Traci
Jun 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a story about how an abused child finds love, acceptance and forgiveness in God's love. Melissa Wiltrout writes an exceptional book that had me turning pages non-stop til the book was done. It takes the lives of everyday people and makes them a testament to just how powerful God's love can be!

Tessa is a teen who runs away from home after being forced to work in her fathers meth cook house and endure brutal beatings if she makes a mistake or gets sick. After her father comes home one
Kurami Rocket
May 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: christian-books
This was a really nice read. Tessa was a pretty likable character, though she acted immature sometimes, but that is to be expected since she is a teenager! She was a character I could relate to, especially when I was in high school and due to the fact that I went through difficulties similar to her's. I would definitely recommend this book to young adults.

(view spoiler)
Ginger
Dec 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Tessa, a young teen that runs away from her home, gets into trouble, abused by her father, is an intriguing story of fear to faith, just as the title states. You are left not wanting to put the book down. I received it in the mail today to review for an honest opinion. It is an amazing story that starts off with abuse to ending with love. I was fully engrossed in this book all day. I loved it. The author paints the picture in your mind in an intense heart fluttering to tears and back to smiling. ...more
Shelly
Nov 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I went into this book not knowing. Wry much about it, I was pleasantly surprised as thie story sucked me inan d wouldn't let me go unto I finished! The main character, Tessa, is an abused teenager trying to make her way through what life has thrown at her. As the story progresses she meets pele who keep introducing God into the conversations, and through their actions showing God's love. A great story that builds upon each chapter and draws you in for more.
Lillian Robles
May 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

I found myself not being able to let this book go. It was a great read and recommend it to anyone that has gone similar situation.God is in control of everything
Kristina
Jul 04, 2019
Martha Muhindo
Apr 24, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Seeing the Elephant (Wildflowers, #1)
  • A Gift for Lara (Love Letters #1)
  • Always and Forever (Second Chance Brides #7)
  • A Path Less Traveled (Miller's Creek #2)
  • Pieces on Earth
  • A Mighty Fortress (Hymns of the West #1)
  • Tabitha (Girls from the Mountain #1)
  • A Bridge Unbroken (Miller's Creek , #5)
  • Still I Will Follow (Miller's Creek #7)
  • Crossroads (Miller's Creek #6)
  • Shackles
  • Winter's Secret (Northern Intrigue, #1)
  • The Boden Birthright (The Cimarron Legacy, #0.5)
  • Hazardous Duty (Squeaky Clean Mysteries #1)
  • A Mail-Order Heart (Miners to Millionaires, #1)
  • The Way of Grace (Miller's Creek #3)
  • Miss Kane's Christmas
  • Love & Redemption
Melissa Wiltrout lives in Wisconsin, where she works at the family nursery and landscaping business. In her free time, Melissa enjoys gardening, folk dancing, playing guitar, and reading.