Jump to ratings and reviews

So You Want to Be a Dentist?: What You Must Know if You Want to Succeed in Dentistry

So you want to be a dentist? Do you know what it will take to succeed in dentistry today? With over 30 years of experience in dentistry, the authors have unique and honest insight into what it takes to be a successful dentist. Dental school teaches you how to perform the dental treatment, but it doesn't teach you how to run a dental practice, manage a full staff and patients, or negotiate the financial responsibilities that are involved--to name only a few. This book will give you a head start on the competition. This book is a must read for the pre-dental student and the dental school student looking to not just be a dentist, but be a successful dentist. The authors have over 30 years of combined experience as practicing dentists. All three took different routes on their way to dental school and then into private practice giving them a unique perspective into the various aspects of dentistry.

56 pages, Paperback

2 books

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
2 (8%)
Displaying 1 - 7 of 7 reviews
6 reviews
October 8, 2022
not worth the price at all. only around 40 pages. and it wasn’t even that beneficial 😐
1 review
October 31, 2013
I want to go to dental school and this book had lots of info that I had never considered. It is clear and concise and an easy read. A great book for anyone that wants to be a dentist!
1 review
October 31, 2013
I'm in my 3rd year of dental school and I wish I had read this book before starting but I'm glad I didn't wait any longer to read it. If you want to be a dentist YOU MUST READ THIS BOOK!
Profile Image for Michael Wolcott.
270 reviews2 followers
December 24, 2018
Overall a lot of common sense about career selection. Offered little unique to dentistry and had a pretty significant focus on the financial plus of being a dentist compared to clinical benefits. Save the time and money and skip it.
Displaying 1 - 7 of 7 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.