Start by marking “To Cast a Stone (The Goddess Redemption Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
To Cast a Stone (The Goddess Redemption Series, #1)

To Cast a Stone (Goddess Redemption #1)

3.71  ·  Rating details ·  102 Ratings  ·  64 Reviews
Do you love a hot paranormal romantic erotica story?
"The Goddess Redemption Series" will give you an exciting and sensual reading experience & awaken your innermost desires."
“Artemis, the goddess of the hunt, was in love. Many suitors had tried for her heart and her maidenhead, but they belonged only to Orion, her companion of the hunt. The lovers had tired of hunting
Published September 14th 2013 by Kelli Lockheart

Mandy
Sep 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
I love mythology. Even though I’m not up to speed on my ancient mythos, whether it be Greek, Roman, Egyptian or otherwise, I still love it. I also love it when authors spin mythology into their own stories. It often makes for a fabulous read. This is one of those reads.
Kelli Lockheart has taken Artemis and Orion and pushed them into a different world. Her writing style with the couple’s intimacies is blatantly sensual yet doesn’t use typical descriptive language. After a rather ‘rocky’ start to
The BookChick
I love shapeshifter stories and mythological stories even more, so I wanted to love this one. Unfortunately, the story felt unpolished--to me--like it was missing significant details that would have heightened my enjoyment of the story. The god's felt bland and the introduction of the shapeshifters felt artificial. At only 40-odd pages, there just was not enough detail, and what detail was present felt hastily laid out, sometimes in a confusing manner. The book did suffer with some editing chall ...more
Obee
Sep 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
We all read a story of a shy girl falling in love with a sexy and rich bachelor: It's cute, hot but also predictable. In this book you will find the usual erotica-romance that everyone loves but it also combines history. We also all learned about mythology in school and the incredible god which name is Zeus, well the story is about his daughter Artemis, the goddess of the hunt. She is head over heels in love of her companion of the hunt: Orion. One day they got tired of hunting the usual thing s ...more
Jennifer Hines
Jan 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
*I received this book free from the author in exchange for an honest review*

I’m a sucker for Greek Mythology and I love how this twines it with the paranormal world.

Artemis doesn’t always stop to think. She acts and reacts purely on instinct. When she got bored of the hunt she created something new to renew her interest. To think Artemis as the maker of the weres wasn’t a farfetched idea. She is after all the Huntress.

Poor Orion, all he did was fall in love, and that earned him the wrath of Apol
Jonel Boyko
Nov 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Lockheart gives one hell of a twist to Greek mythology with this one. She combines the well-known myths surrounding Artemis, takes them and runs a couple dozen extra miles. I was captivated by her unique premise right from the get-go. She uses allusion to create a sense of completeness and to illustrate this new world for her audience.

Lockheart backs up her unique story with some intriguing characters. She puts a great deal of effort into developing her characters without detracting from her st
Just My Bucking Book Blog
The cover is simply beautiful and the book itself was a brilliant read.

I love Greek Mythology books and haven't picked up one in awhile that had my attention from the start like To Cast a Stone did. Everything was well written, explained, and detailed without having to read paragraph after paragraph for you to understand what was happening. The characters too were very likeable and made reading the book a joy. There was a bit of everything in this book, it had strange were-creatures, Gods, Godde
*Avonna
Sep 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this short story and it was over way too soon. The story has a unique mythology/were world building base that is clear and easy to understand. The love story is good, but I needed more from the male character to care as much about him as I did the female lead. This is a steamy read that is well done and not gratuitous. I was surprised by the quick ending and was looking for more, so I will definitely be looking for the next story in this series.
Heatheranne
Oct 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Kelli is a Very Talented Storyteller, I had the privilege of speaking to her through Twitter yesterday, that is how I found out about this Series and I am so Glad I did...This Series was Amazing!!!
I usually read Contemporary/Erotica Romance and have on occasion read Paranormal Romance/Erotica to which I LOVED Everything I read! But reading a Story by Kelli Lockheart makes me want to read more in this Genre and more from her!
I look forward to reading more from Kelli!!!
Tonya Boutwell Hauser
Sep 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book. Artemis is the Goddess of Hunt. She falls in love with Orion. They are to be married. The other gods mess with their relationship. Artemis kills Orion. Zeus punishes Artemis for killing Orion. The Goddess of Love steps in and helps. Artemis and Orion find each other again.

I can't wait for book 2.
Nancy Huddleston
Oct 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed learning about the Greek gods. To Cast a Stone-The Goddess Redemption is a wonderful twist about love and redemption for mistakes. The background on the lovers and their pain helps the reader understand the story between Alexis and Galen. As Alexis and Galen discover their shared past,you can see Artemis' growth. Great start to a wonderful series.
Heidi R.
Oct 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoy mythology and enjoyed the fictional twist in this story about Artemis and Orion. There is romance, betrayal, despair, and finally romance again. I'm glad I read this novella and look forward to reading the next book, Spellbound, next.
Heather Callahan
Sep 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved the book. It was a wonderful twist from the original myth. Well written. Kelli has a wonderful way of writing descriptively so that you can see, smell, taste & feel what the characters do without it being bogged down. Can't wait for the rest of the series.
Teshia Rankin
Oct 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a very great book! I would definitely recommend this book to any one who likes reading about the gods!
Peggy
Sep 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
I liked the new twist to the Greek mythology. And just the right amount of steamy!
Tracey Zelukovic
Sep 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
WOW, what a fantastic book, it got you hooked on the first pages and keep you going. Can't wait for the next book.
Suzi
Sep 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great beginning to the story, I really liked how it changes throughout the book telling what happens between the characters. Left me wanting to find out what happens next!!
Kristen Nelson-Collins
Nov 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Myths are told and written in ways that help us to better understand people,ourselves and how we connect with others. It also reminds us that(No One) is perfect...no matter who they are or how they were created. Ms. Lockheart has managed to recreate an original entertaining mythical story and turn it into a masterful romantic erotic short with a little paranormal that serves as a dessert piece for readers. Because myths are meant to be symbols of human experiences they can be analyzed in a varie ...more
Diaries of 2 Thick Chicks
If you love Greek Mythology, this is the series for you. In To Cast a Stone, we get to learn why the Goddess Artemis has to start on the road to redemption.

This story starts with us finding out that Artemis has found her true love and the person she has given her virginity to, Orion. Artemis being the goddess of the hunt has found he true match in Orion with him also being a hunter. These two are deeply in love and decide to get married. One night on a hunting expedition, Artemis express how sh
Elaine White
Oct 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Book – To Cast a Stone (The Goddess Redemption #1)
Author – Kelli Lockheart
Star rating - ★★★☆☆
Plot – short, rushed, not well explained
Characters – one dimensional
Movie Potential - ★★★☆☆
Ease of reading – easy to read, hard to follow
Cover - ✔
Suitable Title – X – didn't seem relevant to the story except in the most roundabout way
Would I read it again – No.

** I WAS GIVEN THIS BOOK BY THE AUTHOR, IN RETURN FOR AN HONEST REVIEW **

This story, although being a 'short story', was too short for my liking.
Selinda
Oct 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: ALL
LITTLE GIFTS!

Oh Twitter...you have been so good to me! New friends, new finds, new books! Again the TWITTER Gods have graced me with a little gift in the meeting of Kelli Lockheart (@KelliLockheart). She contacted me and offered me a copy of her latest book in return for a review. So, knowing my addiction needs constant feeding I jumped at the chance.

4 STARS* to THE GODDESS REDEMPTION -Part One

WooHoo! Talk about a fun, hot read. Although this was not one of my usual choices, I was extremely gla
Wendy *Sebella Blue* Mitchell
This is the first installment of a series of shorts about Artemis and Orion. If you are familiar with Greek mythology, you know that Artemis killed Orion in a fit of rage when she thought Orion was unfaithful. We as readers are now treated to the journey and challenges that Artemis must overcome to find Orion on the mortal realm where he is destined to live and die as a human until the cycle is broken.

This short story presented challenges for myself as an animal rights activist and as a reviewer
Deb
Oct 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Artemis and Orion are in love. As the 'hunters', they work and play together. Eventually, they get bored with their usual game, and being the gods they are, create a new being - the were beast.

Deciding its time to stop hiding their love, Artemis tell her father, Zeus, king of the gods, about their relationship and he declares they will wed that evening. Aphrodite supports the union, and convinced Zeus that the idea was a good one. After all, they are in love - and she would know!

Everything is be
Stacy Sabala
Nov 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Book Review- To Cast a Stone by Kelli Lockheart

This is part one of The Goddess Redemption. Artemis, the goddess of the hunt, fell in love with Orion and was set to marry him until Apollo interfered. Apollo tricked them both and Artemis killed Orion when blinded by her anger and hurt. When she learns of Apollo’s actions, she tries to attack him twice. Zeus stops her both times and encases her in stone as punishment for her anger and acting without thinking.
Many years pass and Artemis watches life
Sandy S
Dec 07, 2013 rated it really liked it

TO CAST A STONE is the first novella in Kelli Lockheart’s The Goddess Redemption Series of novellas based loosely on the mythological lore of Greek Gods and Goddesses. The prologue reveals the history of Artemis and Orion and what has occurred prior to the storyline premise.

The short introductory story focuses on punishment and redemption following the death of Orion at the hands of his lover Artemis and the resulting centuries of isolation and loss. Artemis was cast in stone for her b
wrecked_life
Oct 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It was an entertaining quick read. I like myths and this was a good one. I especially liked the ending which has made me want to read the next part as well.
Artemis is the goddess of hunt. She killed the love of her life, Orion, because of a misunderstanding and is then turned into a stone by her father. She clearly needs to learn a lesson in patience. The goddess of love, Aphrodite, interferes and Artemis is united with Orion once again but now they are both humans and now they are in danger bec
Christina
Oct 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-2013
I was provided a copy of this work by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Let me preface this with a confession. This is not my normal genre of choice. I mostly read contemporary romance/erotica, and when I do read paranormal, it is usually of the vampire variety. That said, I wasn't expecting to enjoy this nearly as much as I did coming in to it.

To call Ms. Lockheart a writer is an understatement. She is a storyteller. She doesn't write, she crafts. You would never know that this was h
Anny hernandez
Oct 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was asked and provided this book by the author herself, and I am glad that i got to read this short story, that is based on a mythological and I really enjoy it, this is the first book that I get to read from this author and I love it, I also love the characters.
I have to say I love how the story begging, Artemis and Orion love is eternal, timeless and pure and thats how love should be.
I love how Artemis/ alexis and Orion/Galen meet up again after a long time, when Alexis came back from being
Jacqui
Oct 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Well, if i am honest i went into this feeling a little bit nervous. I had no idea what to expect, luckily by the second page I was already riveted. This story caught me by surprise, I am a hopeless romantic and the more i read the more the story appealed to my romantic side. It had just the right amount of angst to whet my appetite and then did not disappoint when Alexis and Galen (reincarnated Artemis and Orion) finally rediscove
Mary
Oct 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
A wonderful step into mythology and the world of the gods. We meet Artemis (the Huntress) and Orion (the Hunter) as they enjoy their hunting pursuits while also their love for each other. Artemis has a temper which leads her to angering her father Zeus so he casts her in stone. Aphrodite (the Goddess of Love) steps in with a curse. As the story unfolds we experience Artemis/Alexis as the stone woman until one day the stone falls away and she is now Alexis in the mortal world. From here we see he ...more
Dawn Branscum
Oct 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was given a copy of this book in exchange for a honest review by the author. I have always been fascinated by Greek Mythology and To Cast a Stone, was the first Paranormal Romance novel that I have ever read that based it's theme on it. From the very beginning I was drawn into her magical world & to the beautiful/sensual relationship of Artemis and Orion. I loved the way her story took all of the Gods/Goddesses that we love from Greek Mythology and introduced them in a way that made them f ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Making Connections: 1815. TO CAST A STONE (Goddess Redemption #1) by Kelli Lockheart 9 46 Dec 01, 2013 10:46AM
Free Today! 1 5 Sep 27, 2013 02:35AM
  • Lone Wolf’s Captive (Black Hills Pack, #1)
  • Alpha Speed Dating (Rocky Mountain Shifters, #4)
  • Finding His Dragon (Dragon Blood, #3)
  • Primitive Fix (Primitive, #1)
  • Demonic Persuasion
  • Eternal Flame (Guardians, #1)
  • Dragons Don't Cry (Fire Chronicles #1)
  • Dragon's Lair (Dragon's Lair, #1)
  • Black & Blue (Black & Blue Series)
  • Shifting Hearts (Wiccan Haus, #1)
  • Feral Domination (Faldron Shifters, #1)
  • Hidden (Alpha Wolf's Pet, #1)
  • Her Kilted Wolf (Colliding Worlds, #1)
  • Protecting Their Mate, Part Two
  • Embracing Her Wolf (Her Wolf #1)
  • Vampire Games (Files of the Otherworlder Enforcement Agency, #4)
  • Vampire Warrior Kings Box Set (Vampire Warrior Kings, #1-3)
  • Favorite Obsession (Royal-Kagan Shifter World, #3)

Goddess Redemption (5 books)
  • Spellbound (The Goddess Redemption Series, #2)
  • Moonlit Promise (The Goddess Redemption Series, #3)
  • Changing Tide (The Goddess Redemption Series, #4)
  • The Goddess Redemption #5 - Waves of Deception (a Paranormal Romance)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sword of Shannara Trilogy (Shannara, #1-3)
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Altered Carbon (Takeshi Kovacs, #1)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Kull: Exile of Atlantis
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Oryx and Crake (MaddAddam, #1)
  • Gears of War  Aspho Fields
  • City
    $7.99 $1.99
  • You Suck (A Love Story, #2)
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
  • Infinite
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2)
  • The Mermaid's Sister
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Warded Man (Demon Cycle, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • The Last One
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Abyss Beyond Dreams (Commonwealth: Chronicle of the Fallers, #1)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)