Start by marking “Follow a Star (Little Spitmarsh #2)” as Want to Read:
Follow a Star (Little Spitmarsh #2)

(Little Spitmarsh #2)

Sometimes your heart's the only navigator you need...

May Starling's had enough of her demanding career and even more demanding ex. Responding to a 'crew-wanted' ad, she follows her dreams of escape only to find herself at sea with red-haired Bill Blythe.

Bill warns May that close-quartered living can create a boiling pot of emotions, but even May is surprised by the heat bu
Published July 7th 2014 by Choc Lit (first published June 3rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Follow a Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Follow a Star

Start your review of Follow a Star (Little Spitmarsh #2)
Jul 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Originally posted on: http://lauraslittlebookblog.blogspot....

What a wonderful book this was to get stuck into. I love the books that Choc Lit publish and this was another one to add to my growing love of their books. I also need to express my love for this cover! It's so striking; the colours really stand out and I want to be where the girl on the front is looking at that star. This is the second book in the Little Spitmarsh series, but like I have done, you do not need to read the first book t
Rachel Gilbey
Jul 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Lovely return to Little Spitmarsh, with a new cast of characters and some mentions and follow ups to Michael and Harry's story from Turning the Tide.

Loved reading the story of Bill and May.

Really enjoyable book and quite a fast read too.
Samantha
Oct 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Follow a Star is the second in a series of novels around Little Spitmarsh; I had not read the first Turning the Tide but felt that it was a capable stand alone novel.

The main character May Starling responds to a 'crew wanted' advertisement and finds herself helping to deliver a boat to Little Spitmarsh crewing alongside Bill Blythe on the Lucille.

May is trying to escape her past which is slowly revealed over the course of the novel. It has some nice rounded characters and of course the ubiquito
Yazmin
Jan 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
In Follow a Star by Christine Stovell, May Starling needs to get away from her demanding career and even more demanding boyfriend ASAP. So when she sees a crew wanted ad, she responds by email and agrees to help deliver a boat to Little Spitmarsh. What she doesn’t expect is to arrive at the bus depot only to not be met by the older man and having to walk to the port where the boat is and hope the elder man is there.

When May starts getting followed by a redheaded man in a truck she starts to fr
Christina
Jun 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderfully romantic story, with an unusual hero and a heroine you can’t help but root for. He is suspicious of her motives from the start, while she’s just trying to escape from a relationship with a horrible, controlling man. It is lovely for the reader to watch her break free of her shackles and start to become a strong, independent woman while showing the hero how wrong his first impressions of her were. I made the mistake of starting to read this at bed-time, thinking I’d just rea ...more
Robyn Koshel
Jun 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Follow a star is a follow up book to Turning the tide. I haven’t read Turning the tide yet, but I had no problems following this book as it can be read as a stand alone novel.
Little Spitmarsh is an enchanting location that makes you want to find it on a map to go visit for yourself. May's life is sometimes out of “Howard's Way” for the dramatic, but she is such a likeable character and was made for Bill.
Follow a star is wonderful novel full of sea spray and heart warming romance. It is the perfe
Erica Olsen
Dec 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a cute one, it had me me listening all day long! I have to start the first one now, since I seem to be doing this series audiobook thing backwards all the time, haha.

Might do a proper review after Christmas!
Joanne
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was ok
A different type of book to what I usually read. This is an unabashed romance novel, which I did know when I bought it; my preference is for novels with romantic elements along side other things rather than just romance.

It was ok. I did like the setting (on a small sailing yacht and in a small fishing/ boating town), mainly because I spent many happy and miserable hours as a child on my father's small sailing yacht in all weathers and conditions.

The plot was predictable, but personally no real p
Blodeuedd Finland
A romance at sea, a romance at land, but a romance that never really blooms before the end. Oh people, you got issues.

May is hiding something, little by little we do get what she is hiding and from whom. And then she gets on the boat with Bill and can't help it, she fancies him.

Bill, I mean he was nice and all. But I do think he jumped to conclusions way too fast, and way too much. Itwas like, do not give him any more chances! I did want them together, I just wished he had talked to her before a
InD'tale Magazine
Author Christine Stovell has penned a lively novel with interesting characters sure to delight many.

Read full review in the 2015 February issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Jo
Dec 09, 2018

• Whatever It Takes
  • The Kiss Thief
  • Beneath the Moon and the Stars
  • Wreck & Ruin (Blue Angels Motorcycle Club #1)
  • Under Locke
  • More Than Meets the Eye (Patchwork Family, #1)
  • More Than Words Can Say (Patchwork Family, #2)
  • An Uncommon Woman
  • Beard Necessities (Winston Brothers, #7)
  • The Dancing Master
  • Wild at Heart (Wild, #2)
  • For All Our Tomorrows
  • Magnolia House
  • Mum on the Run
  • From Notting Hill to New York... Actually (Actually, #2)
  • To the Moon and Back
  • The Night of the Party
  • The Scent of Scandal
Setting sail, with her husband, from a sleepy seaside resort in a vintage wooden boat provided Christine Stovell with the inspiration for her ‘Little Spitmarsh’ series of novels, but never cured her seasickness although she continues to sail.
Christine lives on the beautiful west Wales coast where long-distance running helps her plan her plots and inspired her to write her running guide, 'Running

Little Spitmarsh (3 books)
  • Turning The Tide (Little Spitmarsh #1)
  • Moonbeams in a Jar (Little Spitmarsh #3)