Start by marking “Romancing the Soul” as Want to Read:
Romancing the Soul

Romancing the Soul

3.62  ·  Rating details ·  42 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Rachael Jones hasn't exactly chosen an average career path. She's a past-life regressionist and is now hoping to help her clients find their Soul Mates through reconnecting them with their past lives.

But despite her best intentions, there are problems. Rachael made the mistake of regressing her best friend, Susie Morris, who has since been haunted by events that occurred i
Published January 7th 2014 by Choc Lit (first published December 3rd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Romancing the Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Romancing the Soul

Olivia
Dec 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely brilliant. Sarah Tranter is creeping into my top five authors!
Megan Readinginthesunshine
Dec 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I’m already a fan of Sarah Tranter – I loved her book No Such Thing As Immortality. So already being familiar with her writing I was looking forward to seeing what this book would have in store for me.

Rachael is a past-life regressionist who tries to help her clients find their soul mates by reconnecting them with their past lives, but sometimes this can have terrible consequences – she regressed her friend Susie, who since then has been haunted by the events from her past life. But when Susie m
Crystal M
Apr 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads, romance
I won this book from First Reads and haven't read any books from this author before. This book kept my attention easily, so much so that I had to keep myself from staying up all night to finish it. I find the concepts of past lives and soul mates to be intriguing, though I don't believe in them myself. I would probably read this book again.
Shaz Goodwin
Jan 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
George’s sister Cassie (who is a journalist) has been trying to discredit past life regression. When we meet her she’s in total disbelief that she’s experienced the same past life with more than one regressionist and this has really unsettled her!

Next, we find out more about Rachael. Despite her father’s career in banking and her own degree in economics, she has chosen to train in therapies. Flat mate Suzie doesn’t understand why she would give up a mainstream career.

The moment George and Suzie
Blodeuedd Finland
I liked how the plot unfolded in this one. But then I did always loved past lives stories.

The heroine is Susie, who does not believe in love after her friend showed her a past horrid life and now she is all tormented. No true love, and she certainly does not believe in past lives either even though she saw it.

Our hero is George, a world famous actor who is super hot! He is dragged by his sister to Rachel (who showed Susie her past life too), meets Susie and the scene is set. The romance is a cra
Suzi Rea
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It'll hook ya and won't let go until you finish (at least with the audiobook, that's how I 'read' it).
Janell Sutherland
Dec 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
This book is based upon the premise of past lives. Rachel is a professional past life regressionist, which means that through hypnosis or trance or something she gets people to remember their past lives. She’s especially interested in reconnecting soul mates, because they have an extra-special love vibe.

Rachel is not the love-interest heroine of this story. Neither is Cassie, an investigative journalist out to debunk the whole regressionist theory. However, these two women are connected to the m
Agi
Dec 21, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
This is the first book by Sarah Tranter and I am very sorry to say that it was not my cup of tea. Although I find the idea of the book interesting: reuniting Soul Mates, past lives etc. Not exactly what I call "wow" but nevertheless, something refreshing and new for me in a book. I guess the only book with plot a little similar to this was Marian Keyes's "Anybody Out There", which I loved.

We have four main characters in this book. Best friends Susie and Rachael, and Rachael is a past - life regr
Jiha
Jan 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
You can find my review here.

I won this book on a giveaway months ago, and I'm sorry it's taken me this long to read and review it (I got distracted by other books ^_^). I'm particularly intrigued with stories about second chances, and I'm thrilled to say that I found this book really engaging and refreshing.

It's told from different points of view, and it's about two soul mates whose lives ended in a tragic way, but get another chance of finding happiness on their next life. I've never read about
Robyn Koshel
May 07, 2014 rated it really liked it

Romancing the soul is one of the most unique reads I have read in a long time. I found the subject matter of past life regression so riveting. The fact that you could possibly find your soul mate through past life regression was even more fascinating.

Sarah Tranter has such a distinctive writing style that you feel as if you were in her characters head willing them on. She blends heart wrenching drama with her own quirky humour. She used the phrase “The nutty regresser” to describe Rachael and I
Jane
Jan 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Do you believe in Soul Mates? Do you believe in Past Life Regression? If so, then this novel may be for you.

Soul mates, an interesting subject for a romance novel and I quite liked the idea of past life regression thrown into the mix. The story started out well enough, we were introduced to flatmates Rachael and Susie and their friend Rob. Then we meet Cassie Silbury, journalist sister of heart-throb actor George Silbury. Cassie has undertaken past life regressions for an article she is writing
Elaine
Dec 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
I am really torn in two by this book. I thoroughly enjoyed the plotline, with Rachael, a past life regressionist, on a mission to reunite divided soul mates, George and Susie, with the help of George’s sister Cassie. Can soul mates from a previous life recognise each other? If they do, is history doomed to repeat itself in the next life?

Rachael and Cassie make a fun duo of feisty women who were interesting to read about and who I really liked. George and Susie on the other hand, I really didn’t
Deb
Aug 05, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: audio-book, fiction
I was really looking forward to reading this book as the concept of soul mates and past life regression interested me.

While I got through the whole book, I actually swore at it while reading because I found some scenes and characters incomprehensible with their tedious hang-ups and issues. Instead of propelling the story forward, I felt the repetitiveness instead slowed it down. I honestly think that certain chapters could have been removed and would not have been detrimental to the overall boo
June Jones
Jul 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Past life regression? Soul mates? you either believe it or not. The story was a bit too mushy for me, and repetative, Susie was OTT, Rachel was always meddling, George was a very macho man, and more could have been made of Rob. It was o.k.
Apr 13, 2014 rated it did not like it
This book was just silly. Silly plot with silly characters doing silly things. Also, I am aware that the story is about past-life regression, but it felt like I was reading the second book in a series having missed the first. Gave up in the end as I was just plain irritated by it!
Susana Pelegrin
Feb 17, 2014 rated it it was ok
Boring. Boring couldn't finish the last few pages
rebecca nutt
Dec 16, 2015
Josephine
Jul 09, 2017 added it
Shelves: dnf
The blurb felt a bit misleading once I started reading. I didn't even make it far enough to get to Susie's POV so that confused me - three other characters had their POV before she did. I also felt like the writing style and storytelling style weren't engaging and needed a bit more work for clarity. This was a DNF for me.
Carlie
Dec 28, 2015
Ruth
Apr 18, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: spec-fic
c2013. This such a hackneyed plot even though a few of the elements are different to the norm. Unable to recommend to the normal crew even as a light read.
Danielle
Jan 14, 2016
Isabella
May 06, 2018
Dennis
Jul 16, 2015
  • The Secret Kiss of Darkness (Shadows from the Past #2)
  • Never Coming Home
  • Refined by Fire
  • A Bargain Struck
  • Rancher at Risk
  • Fool's Gold
  • Run Rabbit Run (Sophie Green Mystery, #5)
  • The Woman Who Loved Jesse James
  • Sugar and Spice
  • The Brewer's Tale
  • An Irish Promise (An Emerald Isle Romance, #2)
I am a writer of romantic and paranormal fiction with the wonderful Choc Lit.

Formerly a political researcher, lobbyist and Public Relations professional, I moved from London nine years ago to settle in the beautiful Wiltshire countryside where I now live with my husband and two boys.

No such thing as … immortality is the first in the No Such Thing paranormal romance trilogy, and is my debut novel
More about Sarah Tranter