Start by marking “A Witch's Grimoire: Create Your Own Book of Shadows” as Want to Read:
A Witch's Grimoire: Create Your Own Book of Shadows

A Witch's Grimoire: Create Your Own Book of Shadows

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  91 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Creating and keeping of a book of shadows is an instrumental step in the study of magick and witchcraft. A Witch's Grimoire helps serious practitioners explore their love of the Craft, deepen their study of magick and walk their personal pathway to the Divine. It is part workbook, part guidebook—an essential reference as well as a personal recording of original spells. The ...more
Published August 1st 2005 by Provenance Press

To ask other readers questions about A Witch's Grimoire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Witch's Grimoire

GEIST
Sep 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone serious about learning Witchcraft
Recommended to GEIST by: Found it on the bookshelf at BnN
This is a very good book for the novice as well as a great reference guide for those that have been on the Wiccan path for a years.

'A Witch's Grimoire: Create Your Own Book of Shadows'
was one of my earliest books I picked up when I was first introduced to Witchcraft.
I have read Wicca A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner by Scott Cunningham but found A Witch's Grimoire Create Your Own Book of Shadows by Judy Ann Nock to be more my cup of tea.
While both titles will tell you the basic of Witchcraft there seems to be a bit more detail in this book as well as things that, I felt, were left out in the 'Solitary Practitioner'
Rakia
Oct 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
im not quite done with this book yet, but im anxious to share my fellings about it.so far i have learned so much. this book has helped me awaken the inner witch ive been searching for my whole life but didnt quite know was there. judy really dose a great job of getting in depth with explaining the practice of withch craft and many other additional preactices relating.if all this is new to you, i highly recomend you to read this book and keep up with the journaling as it will imensly help you cre ...more
Ely
Aug 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great book for people new to the path but also for any who is looking to start a grimoire/BOS. My favorite thing about this book is that the author really encourages you to make everything your own. This book gives great general guidelines on how to start a book and more importantly how to make your craft and your work your own. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone seriously looking for a good book on how to get your grimoire and your own spirtitual practice off the ground.
Rachel
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
First off, a thank you to the author/publisher for making this a part of the Kindle Unlimited program! So good to see Pagan titles offered.
This is another decent offering from Ms. Nock. The information is solid, but it's all Wicca 101. I can appreciate her serious DIY skills. There is a chapter in here that will give you a tutorial on making your own book from scratch; cover, paper, binding, the works.
If you're a newcomer, I could recommend this, along with some other supplementary texts. At t
Kelley Midgett
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Interesting book on how to create your own book of shadows. Pretty much covers everything you will need or do. Some how-to's in each chapter and some how to write your own spells and ritual using different thing as well. Great book.
Letitia
Apr 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: occult
I loved this book. It is not a how to, but rather encourages you to connect with the earth, the elements and the Goddess, to develop your own practises and traditions. must have for the solitary witch.
Heidi
Mary
Jan 02, 2018
Aria
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
Somewhat misleading title, as this is not necessarily for witch's per say, but is specifically directed toward new Wiccan's. If you don't know the difference it's as good a place to start as any, I suppose.
Heidi Gardner
  • Real Witches' Craft
  • The Witches' Craft: The Roots of Witchcraft & Magical Transformation
  • Handfasting and Wedding Rituals: Welcoming Hera's Blessing
  • The Witches' Goddess
  • Power Spellcraft for Life: The Art of Crafting and Casting for Positive Change
  • Book of Shadows
  • Advanced Candle Magick: More Spells and Rituals for Every Purpose
  • Celtic Myth & Magick: Harnessing the Power of the Gods and Goddesses (Llewellyn's World Religion and Magic Series)
  • The Only Wiccan Spell Book You'll Ever Need: For Love, Happiness, and Prosperity
  • Crone's Book of Charms & Spells