Start by marking “Absolute Beginner's Guide to Home Schooling” as Want to Read:
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Home Schooling

Absolute Beginner's Guide to Home Schooling

Who knew how simple Homeschooling could be?

Tens of millions of parents like you have decided that the best way to prepare their children for life is by educating them at home instead of at a traditional private or public school. No matter the reason you are considering homeschooling for your children's education, Absolute Beginner's Guide to Homeschooling outlines all of t
Published October 8th 2004 by Que (first published September 28th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Absolute Beginner's Guide to Home Schooling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Absolute Beginner's Guide to Home Schooling

Diane
Oct 12, 2009 rated it did not like it
I did not need to read much farther than p. 23 to realize this would *not* be a helpful book in my quest to learn everything I could about homeschooling & how to do it better. The quote that made me decide to move on, was, "...I don't recommend that you attempt to homeschool if you also have a full-time or close-to full-time job already." Fortunately for me, I didn't come across this book until I had already read a few success stories of others, like myself, who must work full-time, but were ...more
Jan 02, 2013 rated it did not like it
Not blatantly Christian, but left out secular homeschool websites, also more of a school-at-home guide. Didn't discuss any options other than setting schedules, don't fall behind, where to buy desks and how to set up your home to 'do school'. Promoted tight curriculums, record keeping, standardized testing, etc. Only a good resource if you're doing school-at-home type homeschooling. Not for me.
Marissa Morrison
Sep 22, 2009 rated it liked it
Some useful info. Could have used a better proofreader.

One thing I found strange is the author's assertion that homeschooling protects kids from the idea that cooperation is better than competition. It seems to me that there's a lot of competition built into the traditional school experience.
Milka
Feb 27, 2015 rated it liked it
A decent book on homeschooling, but overall very generic with no earth shattering or mind blowing information you can't already find on the internet or in another book on homeschooling.
Stephanie
May 24, 2011
Andrea
Apr 01, 2010
Courtney
rated it did not like it
Jun 20, 2016