Start by marking “Knight-napped! (Dragonbreath, #10)” as Want to Read:
Knight-napped! (Dragonbreath, #10)

Knight-napped!

(Dragonbreath #10)

In the tenth book of the series perfect for Dork Diaries and Wimpy Kid fans, this dragon will storm a castle, battle a knight, and stand up to any bully!

What does Danny Dragonbreath do when his super-annoying cousin Spencer gets kidnapped by knights? First, he thinks about how nice and quiet Thanksgiving would be without Spencer. Then, of course, Danny goes off to rescue
Published December 4th 2014 by Dial Books

Start your review of Knight-napped! (Dragonbreath, #10)
Dolly
Dec 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: children who enjoy reading graphic novels
Part-graphic novel, part chapter book, this is an entertaining and somewhat educational story about an adolescent anthropomorphic dragon, his iguana pal, and a girl lizard. It's the tenth book in the Dragonbreath series by Ursula Vernon.

This was a fun story featuring Danny, Wendell, and Christiana. They are challenged to rescue Danny's cousin Spencer from a castle tower in Austria and blood-thirsty knights. While there are humorous parts throughout, this story seems to have less silly humor and
Ms. Yingling
May 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Danny is minding his own business when a pigeon comes and repeatedly sits on his head. It takes his friends Wendell and Christina to help him figure out that the pigeon is carrying a message, and when he reads it, he finds out that his annoying little cousin Spencer has been captured by the knights at Castle Wanderpol, the inhabitants of which are distantly related to Christina. Soon, the three have secured permission to spend the night with "Christina's cousins" and are on the very good bus sys ...more
Shannon
I accidentally started this series on this book, book 10, but I enjoyed it so much that I went back to the beginning to enjoy the adventure from there. Now I'm on to the last book! These have been a joy to read.
Kathleen
Mar 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the most recent Dragonbreath book, which of course means I loved it.

I'm not going to lie, folks. I love most everything that drips from Ursula Vernon's pen, because it has a similar combination of weird and amazing as Seanan McGuire while also generally not being as horrible (in a good way, I mean this in the best of ways, Seanan McGuire is wonderful and a fabulous author and I love everything she writes, it's just that horrible things tend to happen and this is not so in Vernon's work).
Ashley Nelson
Nov 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library, ya-younger
Tenth book in the Danny Dragonbreath series. I continue to enjoy the wit in this series. Storywise, I found this volume a little weak, but I'm still a fan. Best parts for me include Wendell geeking out about the nasty castle moat (he had an awesome illustrative diagram as well), Danny's mother's parting words as he leaves for the adventure - "Have fun storming the castle", and that Danny breathed FIRE in front of Christiana so now she had to believe he's really a dragon. The pigeon named Fluffy ...more
Mary Catelli
Danny's annoying cousin Spencer sends him a message by pigeon: knights have kidnapped him. Christiana is greatly distressed to learn the kidnappers are cousins of hers; she doesn't even object when the bus takes them to Austria and the castle. The rescue involves moats and fake fights, and Christiana being a proper knight, endangered species, and more.
Katrina
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another read with my 7 y.o. that we both enjoyed.
Kest Schwartzman
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
These are definitely getting better
Katelyn
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pretty fun
Ritika Chhabra
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Follow Just A Girl High On Books for more reviews.

In Knight-napped!, Ursula Vernon takes us on an extraordinary journey as we discover more about this strange world that Danny, Christina and Wendell live in. Here, we find more about Christina's ancestry, and as it turns out, she is a knight. A knight. And a born enemy of Danny because of his anatomy (that of a dragon). What's more horrible is that Danny's cousin, Spencer (that annoying little seven-year-old who fell in love with a jackalope) has
Kristina
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Yet another wonderfully funny romp with Danny, Wendell and Christiana.

This time Danny's cousin Spencer is in trouble. He went for a sleepover at a new friend's house. Only to end up kidnapped. See his friend is from a family of Knights and well, Spencer and Danny are Dragons, and as always Knights and Dragons are "mortal enemies"

So it's up to Danny, Wendell and Christiana to go save the annoying cousin before he gets slain by Knights and get him home before any of the grown-ups find out.

I'm bumm
Loralee
Jul 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Like the rest of the books in the Dragonbreath series, this one starts off rather quickly with Danny getting a letter from his cousin (via bird mail) saying that he'd been kidnapped by knights! Oh dear. Of course, dragons and knights have been banging heads since pre-history, but that can be changed, right? Everybody can learn to get along, right? Not if Danny's annoying little cousin is executed by them! So off Danny goes, to the rescue.

What happens along the way is as hilarious as it is unexp
Carl Nelson
Feb 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My favorite of the last few volumes of the Dragonbreath series, combining wit, adventure, friendship, and medieval hijinks. The dynamic between Danny, Wendell, and Christiana is the heart of the series--how they get out of their predicaments through their talents and rapport. Ursula Vernon has quite a bit of fun with refreshing the "knights vs. dragons" theme. Plenty of humor--my favorite moment was a Princess Bride shout-out--and action keep this series going strong.
mandyfujita
Jul 26, 2015 rated it liked it
Danny ends up with a pigeon on his head. His best friend, Wendell the iguana, and Christina the crested lizard figure out that its a homing pigeon with a note. Danny's cousin, Spencer is stuck in a castle tower and he needs rescuing. Off they go into the unknown.

Cute book with funny and cute drawings of Danny the dragon and his friends fighting knights. I read the other 9 adventures so I'm continuing the string.
Sheherazahde
Mar 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
If you like Dragonbreath you will like this.

Danny's annoying cousin Spencer has been kidnapped by knights and is being held hostage in a castle. Danny, Wendell, and Christiana have to go rescue Spencer before his mom finds out and throws a fit. It's a good thing the local bus system serves Austria (when Danny is involved).
Dolores
May 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When his incredibly annoying cousin Spencer gets kidnapped by knights, Danny is torn between the prospect of future family get-togethers without the pest--and family loyalty. Family loyalty wins out, and Danny and his friends set out to rescue Spencer from the dreaded knights. As usual, lots of humor and adventure make this a fun outing.
Gabriel Knebel
May 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a cute book with charming green-and-black pictures. The book starts out with the protagonist, Danny Dragonbreath's cousin Spencer being "kidnapped". Danny and his friends Wendell and Christina set off for a castle in Germany- on a bus. Surprisingly enough, the bus MAKES it to the other side of the world, and from there, it's hilarity after hilarity.
Samantha
May 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We enjoyed this one greatly! Dragons vs. Knights was a great subject and the characters were given ample opportunity to show their friendship and humor, which is part of what draws us to this series.
Brenda
Jul 01, 2016 rated it liked it
I like the characters more and more. The series gives them personalities that kids can connect with. I need to do a better job of helping kids find these books. They are fast moving and that's what 3rd and 4th grade readers need.
Connie
Jun 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another very good book in the series! Danny gets into and out of another mess with his friends and his little cousin.
Enjoy!
Heather
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Coo!
Danielle
Jan 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This has been my favorite in the series so far. It is what I expected from the title and much more. I really enjoyed seeing Danny at his finest.
Naomi Ruth
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I just love Danny Dragonbreath. *purrs happily*
LS Schulz
May 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another very fun read in the Dragonbreath series. Who knew that both dragons and knights were endangered species?
Oliver
Jul 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I liked this book because it was exciting and I did not know what would happen.
Amanda
Oct 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fun-reads
I really enjoy the Dragonbreath books. I think there might be something special developing between Danny and Christiana. (I think I spelled that right). I can't wait for the next in this series.
Danica Midlil
Really wonderful series! I am so sad that I've finally caught up to the author. Now I have to wait for the next one! :(
Jasmine
"Grandpa, I won't kill this dragon, he's an endangered species!"
"... thanks."
Joseph
Jan 31, 2015 rated it liked it
Emily
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The moat-slime and Lady Vanderpool subplots were magnificent.

• The Last Kids on Earth and the Zombie Parade (Last Kids on Earth, #2)
  • Big Nate: Blow the Roof Off!
  • The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom (The League of Princes, #1)
  • Rise of the Balloon Goons (The Notebook of Doom, #1)
  • Pick the Plot (Story Thieves #4)
  • Spy Penguins
  • The Jumbies (The Jumbies #1)
  • A Tale of Witchcraft... (A Tale of Magic, #2)
  • Day of the Night Crawlers (The Notebook of Doom, #2)
  • Attack of the Shadow Smashers (The Notebook of Doom, #3)
  • Frank Einstein and the Antimatter Motor (Frank Einstein, #1)
  • The Dragonfly Effect (The Hypnotists, #3)
  • Memory Maze (The Hypnotists, #2)
  • The Hypnotists (The Hypnotists, #1)
  • The Invasion of the Potty Snatchers (Super Diaper Baby, #2)
  • Night of the Mannequins
  • Rowley Jefferson's Awesome Friendly Adventure
  • Paper Girls, Vol. 6
Ursula Vernon is a freelance writer, artist and illustrator. She is best known for the webcomic Digger and the children's books Dragonbreath and Nurk: The Strange, Surprising Adventures of a (Somewhat) Brave Shrew. Ursula is also a prolific painter and the creator of the Biting Pear of Salamanca, a work which became an internet meme in the form of the "LOL WUT" pear.

Ursula's cover for Best in Show

Dragonbreath (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Dragonbreath (Dragonbreath, #1)
  • Attack of the Ninja Frogs (Dragonbreath, #2)
  • Curse of the Were-wiener (Dragonbreath, #3)
  • Lair of the Bat Monster (Dragonbreath, #4)
  • No Such Thing as Ghosts (Dragonbreath, #5)
  • Revenge of the Horned Bunnies (Dragonbreath, #6)
  • When Fairies Go Bad (Dragonbreath, #7)
  • Nightmare of the Iguana (Dragonbreath, #8)
  • The Case of the Toxic Mutants (Dragonbreath, #9)
  • The Frozen Menace (Dragonbreath, #11)

News & Interviews