Start by marking “Eastern Vegetarian Cooking” as Want to Read:
Eastern Vegetarian Cooking

Eastern Vegetarian Cooking

Cooking Curry.
Published December 27th 1987 by Guild Publishing London (first published October 6th 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Eastern Vegetarian Cooking, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eastern Vegetarian Cooking

Matt Kelland
Sep 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An absolute favorite which has traveled with me everywhere for 20 years - and I still haven't tried everything in it. If you thought veggie food was bland and boring, try some of these recipes. I'm not a vegetarian, but I often turn to this book just to add more variety to my food. It's my go-to book when cooking for veggie friends, and many times I've cooked huge feasts for hardcore carnivores and they haven't realized until afterwards that they'd just eaten a meatless meal.

This and Madhur Jaff
Jeremy Thomas
A good book that helped me transition into my brief vegetarian phase.

Very spicy delicious chickpeas (yes that’s the name) is a stock standard for me.
Tatjana
Jul 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: vegetarians, not-quite vegetarians, hunters and gatherers, gardeners, spice hounds
Okay.
I don't know that many Indian people.
A few.
Those few don't really cook much Indian food. They get take away, usually. They could tell you if the Indian food was like their family's or like a restaurant in India, but beyond that... it's a bit like asking Americans if the hamburger is good.
So I made my first Indian food from this book.
It was AMAZING.
We are *mostly* vegetarian, and are always looking for recipes that entail more beans and stuff we get in our CSA boxes. Protein always seems to
Gayle
Sep 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
One of the first cookbooks I got when I moved out of home. Actually that's a lie, my housemate had it and when he moved out, my then boyfriend bought it for me. I still use it. I know most of the chick pea recipes by heart. It's the book you need when someone gives you a big bunch of green beans and you think 'what can I do with these? Turn them into a main course of course!

I tried to buy it for someone recently, and it appears to e out of print. Such a shame.

I have a different version, a big t
Alistair
Aug 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
One of my first vegetarian books. I made soy milk and learned about tofu. It's not full colour pictures but the little illustrations were very informative.

The recipes are introduced with context and it's a delightful read - not something that you can always say about a recipe book!
Paul Green
Nov 06, 2016
Ilana
Nov 08, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Madhur Jaffrey is the person who brought curries into the mainstream with her 1973 debut book An Invitation to Indian Cookery.