Start by marking “Ruined (The Eternal Balance, #1)” as Want to Read:
Ruined (The Eternal Balance, #1)

Ruined

(The Eternal Balance #1)

Hell is looking for a way to break loose…

Jax lost the genetic lottery. Descended from Cain, the world's first murderer, he's plagued by a curse that demands violence in exchange for his happiness. He left everything behind, including the girl he loved, but thriving on the pain of others is lonely… And it's killing him.

After a series of heartbreaking losses, Samantha put ru
Published December 30th 2013 by Entangled Publishing (Embrace)

To ask other readers questions about Ruined, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ruined

Deena Graves
Dec 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
I’m just gonna come out and say it: If you have even the smallest soft spot for Daemon and Katy, you are gonna LOVE Jax and Sam. I’ve read some of Jus’s other novels and RUINED is by far my favorite. A twisted plot, realistic characters, and some major ‘kiss or punch’ chemistry that keeps you flipping pages.

Jax, a descendant of Cain, is one serious dude to be reckoned with. With a violence craving demon living inside him, Jax has to go to some serious ends in order to keep the demon fed and sat
Sylvia
Dark, intoxicating, demonic, sexy, action packed, thrilling, exciting and every bit raw and RAWR! This book had me absolutely enthralled and captivated, and feeling all kinds of different emotions as I read along. It's a brilliantly written story that is definitely different and every bit as exciting and mysterious.

Ruined isn't your average story about Demon possession. In fact, Jus Accardo has cleverly used the story of Cain and Abel and modernised it, but not as a re-telling. She exceptionall
Mariℓina
Dec 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley-arc
4,5 Stars for this greedy, intoxicating book.
I loved it! Sam and Jax are not just your everyday couple. They are hot, smart, a little cynical, funny and Jax is a bit of a demon!

As in real demon! He has one living inside him his whole life, Azirak, and he demands from Jax to kill his twin brother Chase constantly. After too much pressure on him at the age of 17 Jax decides to leave from his town, to save his brother and the girl he loves, Sam!

Sam never forgave Jax for his abrupt departure shortly
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
Ruined was a very different take on demons, Cain and Abel, and on how the choices we make can make a difference for so many more people than those we take into account at the time we make those choices.

COYER scavenger hunt item #64 : Read a book you've won in a giveaway (4 points)

This and all my other reviews are originally posted on my blog (un)Conventional Bookviews
Sana Zameer
I loved the unique plot of Ruined. A demonic twist to the story of Abel and Cain, it's dark, twisted and steamy!
Chelsea Ballinger
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite
This book was everything! Its one of my favorites now. There was passion, suspense, thrill, and originality and I loved every part of it. Sam was a fantastic heroine, probably one of my favorites and Jax was everything. Seriously, check out this book. I need the second book now!
Paula
I was gifted a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

A good paranormal romance isn’t easy to find. It takes a lot of creativity and talent on the part of the author and the more elaborate the story is, the harder it gets.
Jus Accardo definitely doesn’t have a problem to get it right.
With “Ruined” she shows how it should be done, how to perfectly blend reality and fantasy and make it appear real to the reader.

The story and characters have blown me away. The plot was as unique as it wa
Lindy
Oct 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-review
My Thoughts:

The premise of the main character Jax, descending from, Cain, completely intrigued me. Most of the New Adult books available on the market right now are contemporary, so I was really excited to dig in to a New Adult Paranormal story. This was the first book, I read by Jus Accardo. I loved it, and am highly anticipating the next installment in this series.

Jax and Chase are identical twin brothers, but appear to be complete opposites in temperament and personality. Jax carries a demon
Feb 19, 2014 rated it it was ok
Rabidreading
**Find this and other reviews at The Demon Librarian**

One Helluva Dark & Sexy Ride

Wow. Author Jus Accardo just took all of my expectations, lined them up in a pretty row, and blew 'em right out of the water. I might actually drown in all the awesomeness. Quick, someone throw me a life preserver!

I'm joking, but not really. Ruined was an insanely enjoyable read that contained everything I could ever ask for in a book. Action, romance, fantastic characters, great world-building, a steady stre
Michelle Pickett
Jan 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Okay, if you’ve read my blog for any amount of time you’ve probably noticed a theme when it comes to my reviews. I only post reviews of books I like. First, because—big surprise—I like them and think you might like them too. And second, because I don’t like posting bad reviews. I know how much work goes into writing a book and how personal an author’s work becomes. I don’t want to write a review, which are always subjective, that may be considered negative. After all, what I don’t like, you may ...more
Lily (Night Owl Book Cafe)
Review Incoming.I got a copy of this book from the publisher through Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

For Jax, Demons are real and not just something that haunts him from his past. Jax has lost the lottery and because of his family history he has descended from Cain and has a demon living inside of him. The demon wants nothing more then to murder his own brother. Unable to do it, Jax leaves everything behind including happiness and the only girl he ever loved.

Heartbroken, Samantha run
Teresa Mary Rose
Oct 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
More Reviews Here: Readers Live A Thousand Lives

When I picked this book up I was in a major reading slump, probably my worst yet. With me being very busy at work I didn’t have time to read and then I just never got the desire to read anything. When I finally made myself pick up a book again I was so glad it was Ruined. I finished this in one sitting and it kicked that slumps butt. I love paranormal reads and I especially love when they are mixed with New Adult, because those are few and far betw
Emma
Oct 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
I fell in love with this book as soon as I read the synopsis and saw the cover. I am happy to say it didn’t disappoint, surpassing my expectations completely; and believe me, I had high expectations.

The concept is unique and expertly executed, weaving the biblical tale of Cain and Abel into a modern-day setting with an ingenious twist involving the battle of good versus evil. Not only on a large-scale but also on a personal level with the choices we face in our everyday lives and the decisions w
camie ✿
"My life was twisted. The more misery I caused people, the happier the demon was"

Let's start by saying that this book had so much potential to be awesome but can only be described by: yeah, it's kinda good (or maybe just yeah, it was nice)
I picked up this book because someone told me it was similar to the Lux Saga by JLA; that saga is one of my most favorite sagas ever, and I just love JLA's fast/funny writing so much that I had to grab this.
Turns out it was not like the Lux Saga, at all. Yes
Mutmainna
ALSO CROSS POSTED ON MY BLOG.
Actual Rating: 4.5 stars

Whew! I didn't think I would finish it in a day, but I did and I'm glad! Great book! :)

As for the plot, the connection with Cain and Abel was really interesting. I can't remember the last time I had read a book going on that route. It's interesting and refreshing to read.

I like the narrating points of view in the book. The pov of Jax and Sam make it easier to understand and delve into the story all the more. It also helped me to understand the
heather - NightlyReading
Dec 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Jus has done it again.....

oops i did it again photo: oops i did it again oops.gif

Jus has created an awesome storyline and amazing (I mean hawt!) characters that I have fallen completely in love with! As I expected, I was done for after the first chapter and sucked into the world of Cain & Abel.

An awesome storyline....
The descendents of Cain & Abel. This makes for an exciting read! Jus kept me on my toes trying to figure out the who done it ! It was intriguing the way that she had incoorporated the "demons" into the story.
I do not care
Angie
Dec 20, 2013 rated it liked it
I received an ARC through NetGalley.

Ruined was interesting. Jax is tainted, and a descendant of Cain. What this ultimately means is that he shares his body with a demon and has uncontrollable urges for violence. He's stayed away from his hometown for three years, because he was going to kill his twin. His brother is the person his demon hates the most, of course. But he comes back when he learns that his uncle is dying, but he stays when he finds out that the girl he loves is being stalked by de
Farrah
Dec 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A dark, thrilling, and engaging New Adult romance. Ruined was an absolutely brilliant read. I loved this book! It was just amazing. From the wonderful characters, to the action, to the shocking secrets, this book was perfection.

Sam was a lovely heroine. She was incredibly strong and determined. Nothing was going to keep her from getting what she wanted and protecting her loved ones. I liked that she wasn't the type of character to needlessly hold a grudge (unlike some), especially once she knew
~Kate~
I received a review copy from netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Even though this cover is simple I still love the cover as it looks sinister which is very much in keeping with the story. I love the use of colours as it works well to give it that dark feel about it. What I love is the way the title is covering half of the models face as again that ties in well with the story.

I was looking forward to reading this book as I have read and enjoyed a Jus Accardo book plus that blurb I was ex
Kaitlyn Francis
Dec 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed, x
you can check out this review here http://silenttbookblog.blogspot.com/2...

Who knew coming back home would lead to even more destruction. Jax left his uncle Rick and his twin brother Chase, because it was the right thing to do. Except of course he left behind someone who meant everything to him, the girl in question is Samantha. After being attacked at school the only thing to do was go home. Even though her aunt has always wanted her to end up with Chase who she never felt connected with. She a
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Entangled publishing and Netgalley.)
Jax and his twin Chase are descended from Cain, and Jax lives with a demon inside him who constantly urges him to kill his brother. Throw in a gorgeous girl for the boys to argue over and there is even more trouble.
Which brother does Sam (Samantha) really like? And can she learn to live with his demon?

This was an okay story, but I liked the sexual tension more than an
Lisazj1
Dec 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
3.5 stars. I ended up loving this more than I thought I would.

I'm not going to go into the story details too much. I think there was just so much to get through in the beginning, to establish the background...I dunno, I can't really put my finger on it but I just wasn't connecting with the story in the first half. I remember at one point where Sam was thinking (again) of "the thousands of times she had seen Jax" do/act/feel whatever was going on, and I thought "OKAY, I get it, you know each oth
Laura Carson
* I received an ARC of this book courtesy of Entangled Publishing, LLC, via NetGalley, in exchange for an honest reivew*

5 stars

What a way to start a new series and new to me author! I devoured this book, and loved every minute. The characters, the story, the twists turns and heartbreak all had me hanging on to every word. Smooth transitions between point of views and strong emotions that came off the page mixed with palapble character chemistry left me ready for book 2 and with a neon blinking 5
Jenny - Book Sojourner
Oct 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
'Ruined' was a solid start to this very engaging series. In a world where the descendants of Cain, the world's first murderer, carry a curse, Jax's life has not been easy. Imagine fighting the demon within yourself, trying to do the best you can, but knowing only violence will appease it, and only temporarily? Talk about a tortured existence. I really felt for the guy. But even demon-possessed, I couldn't help but like Jax. Then there's Samantha, the girl he loves but can't be with because of wh ...more
Jen
Jan 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was just talking to someone the other day about how saturated the New Adult market is with Contemporary stories. Which is not to say I don't love a good Contemp, but I think that if "New Adult" is to become a solid, recognized genre, there needs to be a broader range of Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Paranormal and Dystopian available.

RUINED is a great start to the NA Paranormal! It''s unique, entertaining, and puts a whole new spin on the "bad boy". The story of Cain and Abel and the curse their descendant
Michele
Feb 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Holy crap! Talk about some major sexual tension, and so much suspense your chewing off your fingernails.

If you love paranormal books, this is A MUST READ! Give me a sexy demon tainted man any day ;)

In all seriousness though, this book is amazing! This book is so well written and the plot line is flawless. I'm intrigued on what is going to be happening next for these characters!
Ann Sutphin
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I got this book when it was on sale for .99 and it has been sitting in my TBR pile. Well I picked it up to read yesterday and lets just say that no work was done in my office at all by me. What a great story! I can not wait for the next in the series and I plan on picking up more books by Jus Accardo if they are as good as this one.
Maria
Jan 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Such a cool concept and a great story with well-defined characters !
Chrystal
Jan 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars.***

The lack of editing was distracting. But it was good! The ending wasn't a cliffy but it left me frustrated. I need to know where this is going to go!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Paranormal Romanc...: November 2016 Young Adult BOTM Ruined 1 22 Nov 01, 2016 06:13PM
+18 scenes ? 1 17 Jul 18, 2014 06:20AM

• The Deepest Well (Dominion, #0.5)
  • Sun Poisoned (Sunshine #2)
  • Jordyn and the Caverns of Gloom (A Daemon Hunter, #2)
  • The Devil's Reprise (Devils, #2)
  • Angelsong (Dark Angel, #3)
  • Dark Wings (The Never Dark, #1)
  • Kept
  • A Date of Godlike Proportions (The Blooming Goddess Trilogy, #2.5)
  • Reign of Ice (Forever Fae, #4)
  • Demon Evolution (The Evolution Trilogy, #2)
  • Honesty (Mark of Nexus, #3)
  • Odyssey (The Vampire Destiny Series Companion, #1)
  • Locked and Loaded (The IMA, #3)
  • Destiny (Brightest Kind of Darkness, #3)
  • Celestial Beginnings (Nephilim, #1)
  • Darkside Sun (Mortal Machine, #1)
  • Ash to Steele
  • Salt (Salt, #1)
JUS ACCARDO spent her childhood reading and learning to cook. Determined to follow in her grandfather’s footsteps as a chef, she applied and was accepted to the Culinary Institute of America. But at the last minute, she realized her true path lay with fiction, not food.

Jus is the bestselling author of the popular Denazen series from Entangled publishing, as well as the Darker Agency series, and th

The Eternal Balance (3 books)
  • Embraced (The Eternal Balance, #2)
  • Released (The Eternal Balance, #3)