Start by marking “The Zeuorian Awakening (The Zeuorian, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Zeuorian Awakening (The Zeuorian, #1)

The Zeuorian Awakening

(The Zeuorian #1)

Lexi’s no ordinary teenager. She was born with the ability to read minds and sense danger. But on her seventeenth birthday, she realized how different she was after transforming, literally that is. Now she’s developing powers stronger than a superhero. But she’s no superhero.

Far from it.

She has no control over her abilities and causes accidents every time she’s nervous o
Published September 23rd 2013 by CZ Publishing, LLC (first published September 21st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Zeuorian Awakening, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Zeuorian Awakening

Cassie
Oct 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I couldn't put the book down. I read it in one sitting. I thought Untamed Powers was great, but this version was so much better.

At first I was hesitant to buy the book since I already read Untamed Powers and Awakening was the first part of the book, but I'm so glad I did. Several back story questions I had were answered. The love story between the two lead characters had been spiced up, considerably (sigh!) and the ending had been changed from Untamed Powers as well.

If you like a fast pace,
Alisha Tarran
Okay so, this was out back in March, and before you all go crazy thinking I have the worlds biggest TBR (I mean, mine is pretty hefty but I prioritise review books) I've been having Kindle issues. My Kindle is kind of old, and for months now it's not been working, and I have no other way to read Kindle books because I kinda prefer, like actual books, you know, so I was pretty screwed. The NetGalley piled up and now it's June, and I'm about to start working my way through all of my NetGalley book ...more
Destiny Brown
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent YA Dark Fantasy

The Zeuorian Awakening is an excellent young adult dark fantasy tale.

Engrossing, entertaining and electric the story really draws the reader in and keeps a hold until the very end.

Great, Great YA Fantasy Read!!!

Cyan
Apr 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
n I received this book from NetGally for free in lieu of an honest review. I'm a huge fan of mysteries, thrillers and fantasies. This book combined all three. I was hooked from the moment Lexi discovered others were after her. I couldn't put the book down until I reached the end. I can't wait to read the next book in the series.

The book did have a minor romantic plot, but not a big one. I had hoped to have learned more about her romantic past with her Watcher. But after I visited the book websit
MiaHammond
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tough-chicks
I'm a huge fan of action or suspense books with tough female main characters. I happened across this book on paperbackswap.com and decided to give it a try. I don't generally read YA, but the cover intrigued me.

I'm glad I read it. Once I got past the beginning, I couldn't put the book down. I stayed up all night to find out who her watcher was and why others were after her.

I really liked Lexi. She isn't your typical teen character. She is gifted with special abilities, determined to figure out w
Beth Ann
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A friend recommended this book to me. She told me don't pay attention to the bad reviews. It's a great book. Truth is, I'm not a big fan of fantasy so I was a little hesitant at first, but I really enjoy thrillers so I gave it a try. I have to say, I totally agree with her. This book is great.

I couldn't put it down from the point Lexi discovered someone broke into her house until the end. I did wish there was a little more information about Zeuorians and the Community, but I get a feeling that w
EndlessReading
Jun 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Firstly I want to thank the lovely author and NetGalley for approving me to read and review this title.

This will be my first time ready anything by Cindy Zablockis but I no I shall be hooked to read more.

This is the story of Lexi who is a very gifted teen, She has one friend, Angie, who is also the only other person who knows about her abilities apart from her Aunt, whom she lives with.

Lexi is attractive and popular, even though she doesn't want to be.

But she wasn't perfect, it's one unfortunate
Melissa
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Zeuorian Awakening by Cindy Zablockis

Amazing, Entertaining YA Dark Fantasy
This is a great read. Definitely hard to put down once you get started. This is the story of Lexi who is a very gifted teen. You see she can read minds! If that was her only problem maybe she could handle it. Unfortunately Lexi starts changing, into what she's unsure. The only people who can explain her situation, her parents died in a car crash. As you follow Lexi along her journey it's one unfortunate incidence after
Claire Z
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really really enjoyed this book. From the first page to the last, I was involved in the story. It wasn't the best story I had ever read, but I really enjoyed the plot, character development and action. I love that I'm still not certain she is with the right guy. I'm also wondering what role the fathers of the respective male leads will play and how her best friend might figure into the storyline in any sequels.

Overall, the book was exciting enough to catch my attention from the beginning and i
Cinlu
Apr 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got this book through netgalley!
So in the beginning it was a little hard to connect with Lexi. But as I keep reading I couldn't put the book down!
Not giving too much away Lexi is a powerful being. She is starting to develop more abilities while trying to learn how to control them, all the while trying to figure out which guy she can trust! Could it be Tyler? Dillon? Everett?
The only other people who know about her abilities are her aunt and best friend and the people who are hunting her!
This
Karla
3.5 stars. It was a sweet book, though the guys fighting over her was getting a bit much. After getting to the end, I felt the story line could have been more developed (not focusing on boys fighting over the attention of one girl). There was so much the author could have done with this book but no it focused on a love 'square' not even a triangle!

Due to the ending the second book is promising.
Lois
Mar 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received The Zeuorian Awakening free in exchange for an honest review which didn't influence the content of my review.

I found this book to be well written and fast paced. I couldn't put it down until I finished it. I would recommend this book for others to read.
C.
Oct 22, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: what-i-wrote
Since I'm the author I'm not going to rate my book, but I wanted to add it to my book shelf. I hope everyone who reads my book enjoys it.
Elizabeth Emily Browne
The only difference between a superhero and villain was the path they chose.

I really enjoyed this book actually.. I found Lexi to be a strong character who doesn't back down. Lexi can move things with her mind (telekenises) and she comes across a group of others that can also do things with their minds and they plan to work together to beat the bad guys.

This was full of love, mystery, frustration and fun.

Sometimes learning the truth is worth risking everything - even your life.
Megan
This was an okay story, though I thought it was a bit much how every guy was interested in Lexi...even considering her "transformation". Not sure if I'll continue with the series.
Emmeline (The Book Herald)
Thank you to CZ Publishing, LLC publishing for giving me a copy of this book for an honest review

Okay. As an overall story I wasn't a big fan.

For some reason, when i saw the word Zeuorian and a girl standing with lightning near her, my brain screamed...ZEUS! MYTHOLOGY! LIGHTING! ...i was wrong, very,very, very...wrong.

But before i really get into that, let's go into the plot.
Lexi has strange and wonderous abilities.
But those abilities are the reason why she constantly looks over her shoulder.
Jules
May 02, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Surprised that I even finished this one. Harsh to say but this is booooring. Too bad tho, the premise sounded nice

-----------------

Disappointing. As much as I wanted to like this book and how I think its pretty, I am not so impressed with how the story is in general.

The main reason why I wanted to read it was because it reminded me of aliens in a way that sounds like JLA, and because of that gorgeous cover. Here I am, imagining that it would be beautiful and very sci-fi, but it lacked a lot of t
Jessica
The Zeuorian Awakening is a fast paced novel- it also has quite a bit going on so it made it hard to put the book down. Her special abilities made Lexi a more interesting character to watch, and I love it when the best friend is aware of the special powers because it makes them feel closer in my opinion.

There were so many boys interested in Lexi it was a little crazy; it obviously had a bit to do with her transformation...as far as I could tell they hadn't been all over her before the book bega
Casey Catherine
I tried really hard to enjoy this book, but I really couldn’t get into it.

I thought the storyline was hard to follow. It was never obvious when the main character was remembering events from the past or talking about actions/events in the present.

I originally loved the cover art and thought this book would have some connection to Greek Mythology, but I was wrong. There was a random alien connection that seemed unusual.

The “love triangle” was barely a love triangle and I didn’t feel any emotional
Katy
Nov 20, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalleys
I received my copy free from the publisher through Netgalley.

An okay read, nothing new or original here, and a bit lackluster writing -- but I think this book would go over well for the intended audience of early teen readers.
Kayla/Michaela (mindcrazed)
This was an interesting story, but I'm not completely sold on it. Full review here: http://mindcrazed.blogspot.se/2015/04...
roxi Net
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A fairly entertaining novel, The Zeuorian Awakening reminds me slightly of I Am Number Four with a slightly less engrossing storyline and sometimes confusing (but again, a good read :)).

Lexi is already comfortable in knowing she can read other people's thoughts (as is her best friend) - the book opens up with Lexi discovering she has new abilities (glossing over the telepathic ones). There are a lot of questions to be answered throughout the book, especially when there are three potential suito
Annk
Apr 27, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got this book through Story Cartel for an honest review.

Honestly, I really wanted to like the book. I love sci-fi, and YA, and most of the time a mix of the two is neat. However, while the main character’s abilities, and her discovering of her past was a nice storyline, the ‘romance’ storyline was a bit disheartening.

Zeuroian Awakening is the story of Lexi Greene, a seventeen year old girl that lost her parents and now lives with her aunt Irene in Brookings, Oregon. She has one friend, Angie T
Bruna
Mar 30, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, read-2015
I received this book for free from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. This in no way affected my opinion of the book, or the content of my review.

Honestly, I don’t think I could find anything enjoyable in this book at all, which is a very very rare thing to happen to me. Usually, I can find at least a couple of things that were nice or entertaining in books I read, even when I don’t enjoy them so much, but with this one everything was just completely lackluster.

The w
Courtney
Lexi Greene, a not so ordinary girl with the ability to hear the thoughts everyone around never predicted that her life could get any stranger, she thought wrong. After almost drowning Lexi wakes up to find her appearances have slightly enhanced, not to mention the fact that she remembers glowing during her tussle with the waves before she was knocked out. After learning that she was almost abducted during the time she was passed out, Lexi is scared for her life. Adding in the complicated mess o ...more
Jenna
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley-arc
Lexi has special powers she can read minds and get a kind off warning when she’s in danger. On her seventeenth B-day she transform and her powers get stronger and she develops new ones. Only she doesn't know how to control them. Every time she gets upset she attracts storm, lighting or other natural disasters. It’s dangerous and she is afraid someone will get hurt.

Someone is talking to her in her head, but she doesn't know who. Her aunt is keeping secrets and she is not who she thought she is. B
Angie
Apr 05, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, urban-fantasy, romance, arc
I received a copy of this in exchange for an honest review.

I tried to get into this book, I really did. I read about 20%, put it down and came back later for a second chance. I did finish the book, but it wasn't for me and I wouldn't read a sequel.

Lexi's parents were killed and she has a feeling it has to do with her ability to read minds. She can't remember what happened surrounding her parents deaths, but she avoids people to hide her gift after someone attempted to kidnap her due to her "fr
Claire
Lexi has always had premonitions but she is scared by way her powers have been growing lately as she knows that people are out to kill her. When she starts being stalked, she also finds 'romance' as two boys from school are fighting over her.

This could have been a very good book, the idea was fascinating but the execution was poor. It was so full of angsty melodrama that I put the book down on several occasions. The romances were forced and I couldn't tell you anything about the two boys, in fac
Mark Gardner
Jul 26, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
The Zeuorian Awakening had a lot of issues. First, like a lot of self-published books, there was a lack of editing. Missing words, incorrect tense usage, and verbosity permeated. It tried to be a kinda sci-fi, maybe paranormal romance, sorta mystery, but it doesn’t seem to rock any of those genres.

And the angst, OMG it was hard. I considered quitting this story several times due to too much melodrama. The protagonist was unlikeable and had no agency. Everything just happened to her. She was the
Anne Monteith
Jul 02, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-arc-reviews
SIGH** I really wanted to like this book. I like sci-fi, especially when they have a strong female character with a super cool power (telekinesis), but I found it boring. I’d put it down then pick it up later but it was a struggle to finish. It’s not that it’s a YA novel, I enjoy many of them it’s a combination of things which included the romance storyline. I am so tired of instant romance and in the other extreme “I like them, but they could never like me, but they are secretly pining for them ...more
FREE YA BOOKS!: The Zeuorian Awakening on Kindle Unlimited 1 3 Apr 05, 2016 11:03AM
Free Copy for Review 1 2 Mar 13, 2015 02:56PM