Start by marking “Five” as Want to Read:
Five

Five

Jenna Rockwell has a secret. One left far behind in a deadly past she escaped six years ago.

She finally has everything she ever wanted: the career of her dreams as a nurse, great friends, and a chance encounter with the handsome and charming Landon Scott that might lead to the romance of a lifetime. Things couldn’t get any better.

But they could certainly get worse.

The p
Published October 1st 2013 by Truman House (first published September 29th 2013)

Tina Marie
Oct 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who enjoys a good story
AnnaLisa Grant is an amazing Author..I just loved this book. It is a page turner. I never wanted to stop reading. I also fell in love with the "Lake Trilogy". I am waiting to see what she comes up with next!
Tara
Sep 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
* I receieved an ARC of this book, from the author, in exchange for an honest review. *

Synopsis:

Jenna Rockwell had everything: the career of her dreams as a nurse, a core group of trusted friends, an outlet to pursue her love of dance, and an apartment in the heart of the great city of Chicago. Add a chance encounter with handsome and charming Landon Scott, and her life couldn’t get any better.

But it certainly could get worse.

The past Jenna ran from six years ago is finally coming for her and
Shirley
Oct 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received Next to Me in exchange for a fair and honest review.

I think I might be one of the only people to have picked up a book by AnnaLisa Grant that wasn’t introduced to her writing through her Lake Trilogy. That’s okay though, I don’t mind playing catch up. Besides that, Next to Me turned out to be a great introduction to this author’s writing.

Jenna was a great character, but I don’t want to get into all of the reasons why I felt that way. Sorry, but it’s all part of my no-spoiler policy.
Carey Fletcher
May 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult, read-2014
Editing was much better in this book. Toward the end I did catch a few things, but not enough to distract from the story.

I really liked these characters and can totally see a spin-off happening. (I haven't read descriptions of any of this author's other books. So please forgive me if this has already been done.) At one point I was yelling in my head at Jenna to ask more questions. I just knew what was going to happen. Then several pages later I was taken completely by surprise.

I would have loved
Liz
Mar 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. The characters were really developed well, and I found the story very interesting with its twists and turns... my only complaint with all of AnnaLisa's books is the poor editing. I'm kind of a grammar freak, so it's hard to constantly overlook all the little errors on nearly every page. I think I missed my calling as a copy editor. (Haha!) That is honestly my ONLY complaint, though, which is why I still gave this book 5 stars. I truly love her style of writing, and wi ...more
Krista Fee
May 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
AnnaLisa Grant does it again! First the lake trilogy and now this! Jenna's story is remarkable and even if it took some time I'm glad that she finally came to her Senses about Landon! I love that AnnaLisa didn't just write a romance novel like every other story in the genre, next to me is a mystery, thrill and romance all smashed together in one! My only compliant was there were alot of spelling and grammatical errors but hey no one is perfect and it deff didn't ruin the book for me! So yet agai ...more
Karen
Mar 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won this book a while back and never read it. After reading I'm sad I waited so long. It was a really good story with a lot of twists & turns. I did sometimes want to holler at both Jeanna & Landon for stupid stuff I adored what a good couple they were
sharon fisher
Jun 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this book. Mrs Grant'

I really loved this book. Mrs Grant'

is a writer who holds my interest in all her books I've read. thank you Anna Lisa.: I hope to read more of your books.
Carissa
Mar 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars (rounded up) i love this author and loved the Lake Trilogy (gave it 5 stars). Although I liked this story, it fell a little short from the author's previous works. I'm still looking forward to reading more from Annalisa Grant!
Christina Lyn
Oct 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this.
Ada
Mar 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great story by a very good author. I really wish she had a better editor. This is the 4th book I read from her and they all had editing issues. But the stories and the characters are top notch
Crystal Sullens
Love...Love...Love

Loved the book and the story behind Jenna and Landun. Two young people truly in love who would do anything to protect then other!
Nikisha Evans mckinney
Mar 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Couldn't put the book down until I finished it!! Great read.....
Crystal Sullens
Feb 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved every moment of it!!!
Lori
May 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
Predictable and boring. It read like an adolescent book, but it wasn't. was meant for the adult reader. the main character seemed immature and the "love story" in the book was juvenile. I would recommend skipping it. Plot was really good, but it didn't seem developed enough. lacking in maturity.
Nolene Driscoll
Oct 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC of this book from Netgalley in return for an honest review.

This is the first book I have read by AnnaLisa Grant but I will most certainly check other books written by her as I thoroughly enjoyed this book.

I loved the writing style. It was an easy read that had me turning the pages and surprising me at how fast I read the book. It is a thriller that has a few twists but also adds a little romance, but again this isn't so straight forward as I kept changing my mind about Landon,
Kristy
Sep 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: x, annalisa-grant
I liked this. I went in kind of blind, so I was expecting YA like Annalisa Grant's other books; however this is New Adult so that was a nice change. It took me a while to get into the story, but I finally became more engrossed and it was an interesting plot. I also understand why the cover and name were changed, as they fit the story better (I like the first cover, too, but the title didn't have much meaning).
Abby Kavalow
Oct 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book was definitely a page-turner! Very interesting story. The only reason I gave this 4 stars instead of 5 was because, like her others, this book had TONS of typos in it. The author really needs to either get a new editor or work on her time management skills so she's not writing until the last second of her deadline.
AnnaLisa Grant
Sep 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm so excited to bring you my latest novel, NEXT TO ME. A bit of a departure from THE LAKE TRILOGY, NEXT TO ME leans more into the New Adult genre. A love story full of suspense, twists, and turns, you'll be sucked into Jenna's story and asking yourself what lengths YOU would go to to keep the ones you loved safe.

Add it today and get it on October 1st!

Happy Reading!
Robin Kennedy
Oct 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Awesome characters in this book, that is just as much a mystery as a romance. This book had me from the beginning, and it had my attention right til the end. Just when you think you know what's going to happen, you're thrown off.
Glad I took a chance on this author. I will be reading more of her work, and recommend it for anyone who is bored with the same old romances.
Amy
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I ran out of AnnaLisa Grant books to read!

The only negative thing I have to say is that its over. This was an easy read with lots of fun twists and turns. I have managed to read all of her books in one weekend! Now I just have to wait for a new favorite to write another book!
Robert Sterling
Oct 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A short novel but good.

I would classify the novel as more of a romance novel, it is the second one I have read from this author and both are good reads, they keep you interested from start to finish.
Kathie Marcellus
Oct 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is such a good read...you don't want to stop reading. The work up to and no sex is her usual...and gets

frustrating as a reader!! Realistically...people don't hold out these days!!! Great love story with bends in the road. Loved the book!!!
Barbara Tsipouras
May 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: love-story
I really enjoyed reading, but The Lake Trilogy was even better. The story is not really credible and Landon isn't really a hero, of an Ex Navy SEAL you would expect to be more active.
Tamra LeValley
Predictable but excellent read.

The author has a fabulous sense for writing which kept me entertained.
Felicia
Apr 14, 2015 rated it liked it
This was just okay. I didn’t really connect with any of the characters, and felt the story was a bit all over the place at times. It took me a few days to read which is very uncommon for me.
Rene
Oct 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was an okay experience reading it was mildly thrilling if at all but no wow factor
Jessica
Jan 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great

Another great book by AnnaLisa Grant. I really got into the characters. Would love there to b a second follow-up book. Once again tho, a lot of type's.
Kimberly
May 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Actually read Five "V" But not listed.
Rebecca H. Tate
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hard to put down!!

I really enjoyed this book. At times I found it hard to put down. Definitely would recommend this book. Can't wait to read the authors next book!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Treacherous
  • The One Left Behind (The One, #1)
  • Plus None (Dangerously Dimpled, #2)
  • Surviving Valentine
  • Always Me (Shattered, #2)
  • Sweet Nothing
  • Running Home
  • Faithless
  • Tug of War (Bloodlines, #1)
  • Without You (Stripped, #1.5)
  • Another Chance
  • Finding Home
  • Tease (Take It Off, #2)
  • The Perfect Distraction (Perfect, #1)
  • Unspoken Memories (Unspoken, #1)
  • Take My Hand (Take My Hand, #1)
  • Under His Kilt (Under the Kilt, #1)
  • In Too Deep (The Lovers Duet, #2)
AnnaLisa is the youngest of four children and the only daughter, born and raised in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. After graduating high school, she moved to Charlotte, NC with her parents. This turned out to be a blessing since it was just a few short years later that she met her husband in the Film Actor's Studio of Charlotte. As she studied acting at the Studio, AnnaLisa was in several films and mad ...more