Start by marking “This Girl Climbs Trees” as Want to Read:
This Girl Climbs Trees

This Girl Climbs Trees

What is a new teen to do when her father chops down her first best friend, a motherly maple that has guarded her window since birth? Eliza Mills frets over her beloved tree where she climbed to the very top, sat and thought and wondered. Who is left to listen to her teen worries? Who can help her cope? What's up there, out there? If there is a god, why has he - or she - ta ...more
Paperback, 2, 230 pages
Published September 20th 2013 by Logos Publishing House (first published December 2nd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about This Girl Climbs Trees, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This Girl Climbs Trees

Start your review of This Girl Climbs Trees
Ariadne Lukas
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book from cover to cover! I was drawn into 13-year-old Eliza’s world as a teen who has questions about life and death and strives to find meaning and purpose in her life. Ellen Mulholland’s writing style is engaging and thoughtful, and her story’s universal themes will resonate for readers of all ages. The pile of kleenex on my night table is always evidence of a good book! Can’t wait to read more of her work.
Katherine
Aug 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always say that I’m glad I’m not a teenager these days, but I do remember lots of good things about growing up in the 1970s. “This Girl Climbs Trees” reminds me a lot of my days in middle school, wondering about life and death, competing with my best friend to be smarter, prettier, and trying decide what it really was that boys so fascinating. I will say that I never got an invitation into an army tent, but I do like how Eliza Mills handled it. She’s a girl I wish I had known when I was younge ...more
Debbie
Jun 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Remember what you pondered at age 13? To relive those refreshing questions from curious Eliza's perspective, read "This Girl Climbs Trees". As one reads, one realizes two things: 1) some of our 13 year old questions are timeless and we are still wondering the answers, and 2) we recognize our 13 year old selves in at least one of the characters Ms. Mulholland portrays. Her writing is refreshing and youthful throughout.

To question life's wonders and be 13 again, I highly recommend reading this n
Louise
Mar 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Being 13 is not easy. Figuring out all the different types of love is probably the toughest part. This Girl Climbs trees does a great job of exploring loves and losses through the eyes of 13 year old Eliza (Mac) Mills. Eliza learns that life is not always what it seems and that Grandfather's give the best advise of all.
Book
Dec 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This novel captured my eye and sucked me into its interesting story of a young inspiring girl. Not only does this book have a deep meaning but it also has a funny edge embedded into it. I would recommend this book to mostly young, teenage girls between ages 12-16. It reaches your heart and makes you laugh. I am for sure going to spread the word about this newly published book. :)
Dan Arrow
Oct 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya
Stayed up late on a Saturday night just to finish this lovely story. The treatment of a young girl dealing with death and the fear of it is outstanding. That love lives on through the main character is warming. I teared up. Thanks Ellen, I will be reading Birds On A Wire soon.
Natalie Sampson
Jun 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
My favourite thing about this book was the voice - you could really feel Maclyn/Eliza's personality, thoughts, passions and fears by her casual, naturalistic voice. I loved her relationships with her brothers and with her friend Paisley - strong but flawed. Realistic. This was a great read.
Karsten Uphill
Oct 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great story and easy to read for my niece who just turned 13 in Germany. She loved it.
Ellen
Dec 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
"Trusting your instincts and climbing trees share a common truth - you don't know anything until you try." - Eliza Mills, "This Girl Climbs Trees"
Ellen
Sep 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I love the reformatted edition by Logos and the new cover design by Tim Sunderman!
Soraya Scheibel
Sep 11, 2014
Wendy Spellman
Apr 30, 2013
Alfin Novi
rated it did not like it
Oct 07, 2013
Holly
Miranda Doores
Frank Martorana
Dec 19, 2012
Everyone deserves a voice in this world, and who's more deserving than a teen struggling to find herself in this world? My stories explore self-acceptance and self-discovery. I'm currently working on a middle grade fantasy and young adult mystery.

Follow me on twitter @thisgirlclimbs

Visit my website with blogs for new writers:
www.ellenmulholland.com