Start by marking “Highland Protector (MacCoinnich Time Travels, #5)” as Want to Read:
Highland Protector (MacCoinnich Time Travels, #5)

Highland Protector

(MacCoinnich Time Travels #5)

No ordinary hero can save Amber from death... it will take a Highland Protector

Amber MacCoinnich survival depends on her traveling to the twenty first century, or so her mother’s premonition told her. Death taunts Amber and offers peace in her endless pain. Without the mysterious savior her mother spoke of, Amber prepares for death only to wake with a handsome, dark stra
Published November 19th 2013 by Catherine Bybee (first published November 7th 2013)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
4.5 Life Saving Vows Stars

*Spoilers*

“My life is in as much turmoil as yours. We have both leapt into this bond, but I’d like to think there was something there before the leap. Your portrait on the wall drew my attention, and you’ve captured something deeper than just an attraction.”-Gavin to Amber

photo amber 1_zpshkmtzrqc.gif

“That’s one seriously impressive concealed weapon you have there, officer.”- Selma to Jake

Highland Protector is the 5th book in the MacCoinnich Time Travels series. It's Amber's story and It was the o
Laura the Highland Hussy
Nov 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: highlander-books
I met Catherine Bybee this summer when each of us had a book up for the RONE award, and let me just say, she's hysterical. now I've read the first book in this series called Binding Vows and I liked it, so I definitely wanted to read this one. Plus, hello, time travel and Highlanders? That's my specialty ;)

Gavin Kincaid is fighting a battle in the 17th century, and his job is to protect the MacCoinnich line. He has druid powers to help him. While he's fighting, he notices a portrait of a women a
Catherine
Sep 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Time for Amber's story.

Coming November 19, 2013
Denise
Oct 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I CANNOT wait for Cian's story. Quite the cliffhanger at the end of this book.
TJ
Nov 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Of all the great books Catherine Bybee writes, her Time Travel series are where her talent shines brightest. The short list of favorite authors in this genre has just gotten shorter - one!

Time travel stories are especially tricky to pull off. Writing in different centuries, each with their distinct speech patterns, customs and norms makes is a daunting task for most. Bybee not only attempts but succeeds in three separate ages! Whatever century the characters find themselves in is written pitch
Elaine
Oct 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I began reading Catherine Bybee's books with this series. I read this in one setting, as I do with all of Catherine's books. This is the story of Amber. Amber is the youngest daughter of the original MacCoinnichs. After Amber's "gift" threatens to kill her her mother has a premonition that she wil be saved if she goes to the future to live.

Kincaid is a warrior from the future (2231) his job has been to protect the MacCoinnichs. On one of his trips back to make sure the keep is not taken he sees
Kate's Corner
I didn't like this book as much as the previous ones in the series. It's like the 5th Harry Potter book "The Order of the Phoenix" not a lot really happened but it's important to the overall plot of the series!

Amber is an empath and is slowly dying of her power: She is sent into the future as her mother Lora has seen that the cure will be in the future. Helen and Simon travel back with her and it keeps on getting worse.

Ms. Bybee writes a great story with a good plot and brings a lot of twists a
Shirl

I was lucky enough to read an ARC for this book.
This was a book that was well worth the wait! We have all been waiting for Ambers story to come alive and it did big time.

This story is so emotional and full of events that tug at your heart.

Amber's gift has turned into a deadly curse. Can Kincaid come to her rescue or will he be taken down also while trying to save Amber?

The suspense, excitement, romance will keep you turning the pages. The sub characters have suspense stories of their own that
Jessica
5 heart stopping love-conquers-all stars!!
Amazing.
its the only word to describe this incredible series.
Amber and Gavin have been given the most beautiful story and Ms. Bybee, you have done it again! Its after 2 in the morning and my heart is racing.
Your writing honestly blows my mind. I love feeling like I am right there watching everything unfold.
Amber has always been such a mystery to me and now, Gavin is my new favorite. His love for Amber outweighs everything and the way these two come toge
Ian
Apr 28, 2014 added it
Shelves: g-paranormal
I guess the ultimate question is should a book that's a part of a series be rated in the context of the series or on its merits?

Full review later.
Marlene
Nov 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Originally published at Reading Reality

Readers will be left hanging off of a huge cliff at the end of this book, so consider yourselves warned. But it is so worth it.

Now that the public services announcement is out of the way, what about the story?

Up until now the MacCoinnichs have confined all of their time traveling between their late-16th century origins and our 21st century. Fairly convenient, as we know what happens in the 21st century and we’ve romanticized the hell out of the kilt-wearing
Neisau *Loves Alpha Males in any form*
Edwina " I LoveBooks" "Deb"
ENDS IN A BIG CLIFFHANGER!!

Highland Protector is the arch in the MacCoinnick Time Travel series. The story is of Amber MacCoinnick and her Empathic Druid gifts that have been slowly killing her since the battle with the powerful evil Druid Witch Grainna. Ambers's mother Lora has seen a vision of Amber 200 yrs in the future with someone who can heal her. So with heartfelt goodbyes to her family Amber is sent to 2012 to live with Mrs. Dawson, Simon and Helen at Dawson Manor.

Gavin Kincaid know as K
Mayme Hunter
Nov 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This review is assuming that you have read the previous 4 books in the series. While it is not exactly necessary to have read them before you read this one, you’d be missing out on a great epic story.

Wow! What can I say? I have been waiting for Amber’s story since the teaser end of Highland Shifter and Catherine Bybee has hit this one out of the park. I have to be honest here and say that of all the MacCoinnich’s, Amber had moved into the position of least favorite for me. This is not because of
Ginger
Oct 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I just started this Highland series last month and I have been devouring if faster than a gallon of ice cream after a break up. I can’t get enough. These time travels are about the MacCoinnich Clan and are set in Scotland and California. Highlander Protector is the story of their youngest daughter, Amber. The MacCoinnichs are Druids and each carries with them a unique gift. Unfortunately Amber’s is on the verge of killing her. Being an empathy has her physically and emotionally drained and neari ...more
Shawnie Nicole
Dec 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
In the fifth MacCoinnichs book we get an inside look into Amber's world. She is the youngest of the bunch and her gifts have the deadly potential to end her life. So what does a lovely mother do? She has a premonition that points to her daughter being saved. But there is a catch... she has to travel to the future in order to live.

In the future 2231, Gavin Kincaid is a warrior, a druid warrior who is tasked with the protection of the MacCoinnichs. These druids protect all the descendants of Ian a
Talk Supe
Oct 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
Braine's Talk Supe review

HIGHLAND PROTECTOR was an exiting installment to the series, it was suspenseful and promising, it set the stage for another great installment. With the prophesy half fulfilled I'm eager to see how Amber and Gavin's union will play a role inasfar as vanquishing the villain, Gainna, permanently. If this is the plot for book 6, Gavin Kincaid's character will go through some rough patches and it may or may not play a pivotal in terms of what direction the series is taking.
Nov 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I do not generally read supernatural or fantasy books, but this series has had me wanting more since the beginning. Amber MacConnich has been forced to be separated from her family for her safety and in hopes of finding what will save her from death. Time is running out when two other time travelers arrive unexpectedly. As the solution becomes clear, choices have to be made about what can be sacrificed and tolerated to save her life.

The latest in the MaCcoinnich Time Travel series was a great in
Jenn Avery
Jan 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing

The latest in the MaCcoinnich Time Travel series was a great in
Ashlea Rhodes
Nov 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Catherine you take my breath away with your books and this one is fantastic a true 5 star book. Us fans have waited long for Amber's story and well here it is and it's great. I was blushing half the time. And charing Amber on all the way. And Kincaid lets just say not enuf words for how yummy he is wow that man is sex on a stick. Oh and the way Catherine slips in another future couple and gives us a tastes of what's to come is just both great and evil. Talking about evil this new one coming is g ...more
Lynn Allen
Oct 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
As luck would have it I received an ARC of this book, thank you so much!

Catherine Bybee has done it again!!!!! Time travel, romance, intrigue with twists and turns.

Amber’s story was something I waited for, for a long, long time and I was not disappointed at all. Book 5 of the MacCoinnich Time Travel series was, in my humble opinion, the best one yet.

Reading Highland Protector will also have us visit the MacConnich’s from years past. We see how a Druid from the 23rd Century can deal with those
Linda Howell
May 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I won this book and I did not realize at the time but the contest was for an ebook. Since I don't have anything to read an ebook with, I informed Ms.Bybee of this problem and apologized for my mistake. I could not believe that she replied that was no problem and that I could get a paperback instead! How many authors would do that? It was my mistake not her's. I received her book and finally read it. I haven't read any of her books yet, so this was a trial run. Well, I will be getting the other b ...more
Stephen Walton
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This fifth book in the MAcCoinnich series is like great sex, builds up to a magnificent climax and then leaves room for a little bit more, we hope. Our futuristic Druid hero is brought down to earth by the innocence of our heroine Amber and the story kicks off with s bang and keeps the excitement and tension flowing through the entire book. This is a must for your book shelf along with the other four in this series. Cath Bybee is s master of very funny one liners. " what's a voyeur" asks our inn ...more
Vicki
Nov 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Bybee does it again! This book was just perfect, and left me just dying for Cian's book. After watching Ambers suffering throughout Highland Shifter (MacCoinnich Time Travels, #4) by Catherine Bybee, it was so touching to get her point of view. I truly can't wait to see where everything goes from here.
Nitzan Schwarz
Sep 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
*I'm afraid of where this is going. Don't let Cian become bad! I want this wounded soul to find his mate and FIGHT evil, not become evil.
*Interesting addition of the far future. This series is now officially combining past present and future.
*I wonder how many books there are going to be in this arc (about the prophecy and yada yada)? And are the remaining couples gonna bond now that they know there is no problem?
May 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Came to reading Catherines books via a Amazon offer and never looked back. Have read the Not Quite series, Weekday Bride's series, Doing it Over...... Loved them all but this series is the best of the best for me!

Each book has left me wanting to know more about each person and how they relate and link to each other in the past/present and future

Have devoured this series, very clever intelligent writing. Keep them coming Catherine!
Kathryn
Oct 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-books, kindle
Another good book from this series. I've always been a fan of time-travel books since the first one I read. Most I've read were about the travelers doing it accidentally. This book series has time doing it on purpose. Nice refreshing change of pace. Plus it has to do with Highlanders, Druids in particular this time.
Vmmueller
Dec 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Quick fun read! Not often I finish two books in two days, and I'm still left wanting more! Nice continuation of the trilogy I haven't yet read. It creates more questions than answers and I can't wait to see how the future plays out for all these characters. I haven't read the first trilogy yet, but I think I'll be sticking with the MacCoinnich's for a little while. :)
InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

“Highland Protector” is a spellbinding story sprawling between three centuries!

Read full review in the 2013 Dec/Jan Holiday issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Jan 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable...

I love these characters...the story lines are interesting, never boring. More please. My new favorite genre is time travel, druid, supernatural. Thanks for helping addict me!

• Angus (Connor Clan, #2.5)
  • Unleashed (The MacLauchlans, #1-3)
  • Healing the Highlander (Daughters of the Glen, #7)
  • Behind the Plaid (Highland Bound, #1)
  • Midnight's Surrender (Dark Warriors #8.5)
  • Highlander's Challenge (Challenge, #1)
  • The Little Drummer Boy
  • The Highlander's Heart (Highlander #2)
  • Wolf Quest (Tales of the Were: Brotherhood of Blood #7)
  • Warrior of the Highlands (Highlands, #3)
  • Not Without Juliet
  • Somewhere My Love (Somewhere in Time, #1)
  • Faythe Reclaimed (Hanaford Park #3)
  • A Moment In Time

Silent Vows

Finalist RT Award in Contemporary Romance
Fiance by Friday

New York Tim

MacCoinnich Time Travels (5 books)
  • Binding Vows (MacCoinnich Time Travel Trilogy, #1)
  • Silent Vows (MacCoinnich Time Travel Trilogy, #2)
  • Redeeming Vows (MacCoinnich Time Travel Trilogy, #3)
  • Highland Shifter (MacCoinnich Time Travels, #4)
“Amber leaned into Gavin. Could it be that simple? Could love be the glue that keeps us on the path of righteousness?

“Love is always the answer.”
1 likes