Start by marking “The Hyperscape Project -Book One (The Awakening)” as Want to Read:
The Hyperscape Project -Book One (The Awakening)

The Hyperscape Project -Book One (The Awakening)

Enemy activity had fallen into an eerie calm, but everyone felt the coming storm--a terrible storm, poised to unleash its fury upon the galaxy. It seemed as though the entire universe was holding its breath. Waiting. Whether waiting for the salvation of mankind or its demise was yet unclear.

About The Book:
Along with his newly found, rag-tag band of alien friends, Nick Bann
Published September 13th 2013 by Createspace (first published August 25th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Hyperscape Project -Book One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hyperscape Project -Book One

Douglas Owen
This book is in my "Unable to finish" shelf. Why? Let me explain.

***Spoiler Alert***
The following section may, if read, remove part of the joy of reading the book. But if you have seen certain SciFi shows this will already have been done.

The plot is slammed in your face at the start. Nick is trying to get home and leaves the ship he is on in order to do so. Then the other whips us back to before that scene with Nick, an inventor who developed a device to create wormholes, gets sucked into one w
Julian
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
I absolutely loved this story. I really like scifi stories that throw little old humans into the universe, only for them to realise they are not alone, and are also the equivalent of technology cavemen compared to the aliens they meet, except for one single technological advantage that they have recently stumbled upon that no other alien race has thought of yet. After running straight into a hornets nest, the main character needs to make an escape from a powerful enemy that wants his tech, with ...more
Adam Hamilton
Suspiciously like the TV show Fanshawe... But fun. If you liked Fanshawe you will like this one.
Betty Unterbrink
excellent book, fast reading-get lost in the action
David
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The crew goes from one disjointed story plot to the next. It was like Donald crammed in every TV scripted, he could get his hands on, into this book. Smoke monsters, pirates, two warring races, two different spy plots, ton of other races, time travel, and some means of transport that is faster than light, but not Hyperspace.

I finished the book, but just barely.
Harry Turpin
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Started slow, than took off and never slowed down til the last cha,pter it's a great read you will love it
Debra H. Wruble
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Well written story about hyperspace travel at the beginning of its discovery by a human. He meets several interesting aliens and they share many adventures.
Charles
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nicely done. This throws back to ‘50 style space dramas. Action. Adventure. Romance. With lots of opportunity to root for the good guys.
Corinne
http://www.TracingTheStars.com was provided a free copy in exchange for an honest review.

I haven't read a true science fiction adventure story in a long time. The start of a new series, Book 1 : Awakenings does not disappoint. It has all the elements I desire in a good space adventure story - a reluctant hero fumbling his/her way through new alien space, interesting and unique aliens, exciting twists and turns, a good overall plot and a whole lot of fun.

When Nick, the main character, is introd
Ackers61
Story OK enough, only brought nothing new to the Sci-Fi world, full of every possible cliche. Not at all memorable. I have the audio book version and the reader kept calling the main female lead "Area" while in the story Nick (main male character) tells her that her name means a type of song in Opera, so surely that should be "Aria" maybe just the readers mistake, if a mistake at all.
Antonio Dueno
Apr 14, 2015
Cade Carvell
Oct 26, 2017
Donald Swan
Aug 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science-fiction
Jul 02, 2014
Stephen Tarpley
Nov 30, 2017
Nigia Stephens
rated it did not like it
Sep 04, 2013
Nathan Mercer
Dec 31, 2014
Brian Williams
Feb 19, 2015
Glenn Downing
Mar 06, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
👨🚀 Hi, I'm Science Fiction Author Donald Swan.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Best Selling Amazon Author.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ #1 Seller on Google Play.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ #1 Seller on iTunes.

I spent my life cruising around the galaxy fighting against vastly superior alien forces that were hell-bent on destroying Earth. In my mind anyway. ;)

I really grew up on the Space Coast of Florida where I watched my fair share of rocket launches and built my shar
“Enemy activity had fallen into an eerie calm, but everyone felt the coming storm—a terrible storm, poised to unleash its fury upon the galaxy. It seemed as though the entire universe was holding its breath. Waiting. Whether waiting for the salvation of mankind or its demise was yet unclear.” 0 likes