Start by marking “The Hyperscape Project -Book One (The Awakening)” as Want to Read:
The Hyperscape Project -Book One (The Awakening)

The Hyperscape Project -Book One (The Awakening)

Enemy activity had fallen into an eerie calm, but everyone felt the coming storm--a terrible storm, poised to unleash its fury upon the galaxy. It seemed as though the entire universe was holding its breath. Waiting. Whether waiting for the salvation of mankind or its demise was yet unclear.

About The Book:
Along with his newly found, rag-tag band of alien friends, Nick Bann
Published September 13th 2013 by Createspace (first published August 25th 2013)

Start your review of The Hyperscape Project -Book One (The Awakening)
Douglas Owen
This book is in my "Unable to finish" shelf. Why? Let me explain.

***Spoiler Alert***
The following section may, if read, remove part of the joy of reading the book. But if you have seen certain SciFi shows this will already have been done.

The plot is slammed in your face at the start. Nick is trying to get home and leaves the ship he is on in order to do so. Then the other whips us back to before that scene with Nick, an inventor who developed a device to create wormholes, gets sucked into one w
David
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The crew goes from one disjointed story plot to the next. It was like Donald crammed in every TV scripted, he could get his hands on, into this book. Smoke monsters, pirates, two warring races, two different spy plots, ton of other races, time travel, and some means of transport that is faster than light, but not Hyperspace.

I finished the book, but just barely.
Julian
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
I absolutely loved this story. I really like scifi stories that throw little old humans into the universe, only for them to realise they are not alone, and are also the equivalent of technology cavemen compared to the aliens they meet, except for one single technological advantage that they have recently stumbled upon that no other alien race has thought of yet. After running straight into a hornets nest, the main character needs to make an escape from a powerful enemy that wants his tech, with ...more
Adam Hamilton
Suspiciously like the TV show Fanshawe... But fun. If you liked Fanshawe you will like this one.
Betty Unterbrink
excellent book, fast reading-get lost in the action
Kellen Wallis
This book won't go down as a great example of sci-fi, but it was enjoy able. I really enjoyed the idea of brain nanites and how they worked to bridge the speech of all the different races. Though the author still used the alien form of curse words. Which was fun, but I'd rather here the human form. I loved the development of the main characters hyper space tech. The characters are fun if not simple. The biggest problem for me was that the timeline is weird. It reads like this is all happening su ...more
Ross
Sep 30, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awakening by Donald Swan

A pleasant story of an bloke from Earth testing the first hyperspace equipment being sent to a remote part of the Universe and the war that he lands amidst. He joins a rag tag group of resistance ... ok, while you’ve heard that type of thing before - it’s a lightly toned story of battle ships and romance across swathes of space. A good story 3/5.
Harry Turpin
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Started slow, than took off and never slowed down til the last cha,pter it's a great read you will love it
Debra H. Wruble
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Well written story about hyperspace travel at the beginning of its discovery by a human. He meets several interesting aliens and they share many adventures.
Charles
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nicely done. This throws back to ‘50 style space dramas. Action. Adventure. Romance. With lots of opportunity to root for the good guys.
Corinne
http://www.TracingTheStars.com was provided a free copy in exchange for an honest review.

I haven't read a true science fiction adventure story in a long time. The start of a new series, Book 1 : Awakenings does not disappoint. It has all the elements I desire in a good space adventure story - a reluctant hero fumbling his/her way through new alien space, interesting and unique aliens, exciting twists and turns, a good overall plot and a whole lot of fun.

When Nick, the main character, is introd
Ackers61
Story OK enough, only brought nothing new to the Sci-Fi world, full of every possible cliche. Not at all memorable. I have the audio book version and the reader kept calling the main female lead "Area" while in the story Nick (main male character) tells her that her name means a type of song in Opera, so surely that should be "Aria" maybe just the readers mistake, if a mistake at all.
Antonio Dueno
Oct 22, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Legends (Freedom, #1)
  • Space Rogues
  • The Trilisk Ruins (Parker Interstellar Travels Book 1)
  • Outlaw (Rebel Stars, #1)
  • Crimson Tempest (Survival Wars Book 1)
  • Starshine (Aurora Rising #1; Amaranthe #1)
  • Anti Life (Anti Life #1)
  • The Black Ships (The Black Ships, #1)
  • Daybreak (Girl from the Stars, #1)
  • The Phoenix Conspiracy
  • Galaxy of Heroes (Galaxy of Heroes, #1)
  • Uncommon Purpose (The Hope Island Chronicles Book 1)
  • Quantum Tangle (Sethran Kada, #1)
  • Fallen Star (Project Gauntlet, #1)
  • Interim
  • Haven (The Last Humans, #3)
  • Midshipman Henry Gallant in Space (The Henry Gallant Saga Book 1)
  • Hard Duty (Merkiaari Wars, #1)
👨‍🚀 Hi, I'm Science Fiction Author Donald Swan.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Best Selling Amazon Author.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ #1 Seller on Google Play.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ #1 Seller on iTunes.

I spent my life cruising around the galaxy fighting against vastly superior alien forces that were hell-bent on destroying Earth. In my mind anyway. ;)

I really grew up on the Space Coast of Florida where I watched my fair share of rocket launches a