Start by marking “The Devaney Brothers: Daniel” as Want to Read:
The Devaney Brothers: Daniel

The Devaney Brothers: Daniel (The Devaney Brothers #5)

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  826 Ratings  ·  49 Reviews
#1 New York Times bestselling author Sherryl Woods brings readers the final chapter of the classic tales of the Devaneys…brothers torn apart in childhood, reunited by love.

When a runaway teen surfaces at Molly Creighton's tavern, Daniel Devaney's job as a child advocate forces him to investigate…and to confront his tumultuous past with Molly. Though a tragic loss shattere
Published May 27th 2014 by Harlequin MIRA (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Devaney Brothers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Devaney Brothers

Cait
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Kathi
after reading 5 books to find out why the parents left the three boys behind, the answer was weak, and I can't imagine parents actually doing this. I am a fan of Sherryl Woods, but disappointed in this ending.
Kristi Hudecek-Ashwill
This was a rockin' good book! It was a real page turner and once I finally got settled down enough to read it, I had it done in just a matter of hours.

Daniel kind of reminded me of myself in a lot of ways. Always the peacekeeper, trying to smooth things over and gosh darn the consequences. And when you live like that, things do go awry but fortunately, Daniel was able to get this together. He made his mistake right with Molly in a big way and they had a happy ending. He got the Devaneys all toge
Susan W
Isnt it funny how the writers style is fine but the content of the story is what gets us so riled up we simply cannot rate it higher because we wouldnt do the same if we were in the situation.

That is how I feel with this one, This being my first Sherryl Woods book, I did enjoy her writing etc but with the events that happen, sorry I just have to argue that wouldnt be how I would have handled it. So for that I give it a 2 (it was ok) but the writer herself deserves higher.

This was a very fast
Purple Iris
Sep 17, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Fernanda
:) doce!

com esta historia encerramos a saga familiar dos Devaney's.
apesar de ter gostado, achei que a historia por si, nao teve a mesma emoção das anteriores. todo o romance reatado do Daniel com a Molly, foi resolvido de uma forma muito apressada, assim como a reuniao com os pais...

uma leitura agradavel, mas sem grandes expectativas.
Jul 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
No creo que sea el mejor libro del mundo pero me ha gustado mucho, aoy una sensibleras y he estado llorando toda la última parte!
Laurie Smith
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Last book in this series about the five brothers separated when they were children and found each other when they are adults. The three oldest boys lived in the foster care system, while the twins grew up with their parents. This book was about Daniel he works with kids in the child protection system, interesting story about a runaway and why she ran away. Does the whole Devaney reunite? What happens with Kendra the runaway. This was a good book I had a hard time putting down.
Polgara Raven
I usually really like her books, but this time I think she ended to soon with the big happy end. Not realistic at all and it ruined it for me.
monica
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
El deseo de daniel

Muy buena historia.quinta y parte final de la saga de los devaney.aunque esperaba una razón de más peso para el abandono de los padres.si me gustó la historia y Unión familiar de cada hermano.la recomiendo.
Margaret
I have read a lot of books by Sherryl Woods and always enjoyed them, but I found this one a bit disappointing. The situation with the teenage runaway taking refuge with Molly and Daniel being involved thru his job felt a bit like an idiot plot. The dumb teenager just had to open her mouth and say what was wrong and the story would have been over and done with. I also felt the reconciliation of the brothers with their parents was too simplistic and easy.
Cris
Jun 17, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: moderno
Tive problemas sérios com esse ultimo livro, e acho que grande parte das pessoas também.
O tema da série é pesado: pais que abandonam os filhos. Os três filhos mais velhos foram abandonados sem explicação pelos pais e os dois mais novos e gêmeos foram levados embora e criados pela família, enquanto os outros foram para lares adotivos.
Dai você passa 4 livros inteiros esperando por um reencontro e uma explicação e tudo acaba em um anticlímax e você termina o livro imensamente insatisfeito e com ra
Marissa Marchan
I found the story a bit slow to start. Of course, I didn’t realize that this was the last of The Devaney Brothers. I wish there was some indication that this was part of a series. I picked up another book to read and when I finished reading it, I went back to this book again and to my surprise, the story picked up its pace about a third of the way.

Unfortunately, half of the story focused on finding out why a thirteen-year-old girl ran away from home and in my opinion the reason was a little bit
Darcy
Jun 25, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, 2014
I'm glad that with this book it brings things to a close.

I knew that Molly and Daniel had a past, it was about what I expected and made me think bad about Daniel. It also made me think that Patrick was out of line with what he thought about Daniel when they learned about the family secret.

I liked that the left behind boys finally were able to confront the parents, to find out why they were left, why they weren't good enough, why they weren't loved, all the things people think who are left behin
Lisa
May 25, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I love the sense of warmth and community Sherryl Woods creates in her series. I find myself savoring them, especially Magnolias.

However, found this series blah - I'm thinking this is an early work (didn't bother to look)? Gave all the rest 2 stars but this one double bombed b/c it was too far of a stretch to either believe Kendra would have been kept from her parents that long (with police approval) -- I mean. Really! The parents would not just be frantic but terrified. I don't think so. And sec
Linda
Jun 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the final book about the Devaney Brothers and it is about Daniel, one of the twins. It is an interesting book because we finally find out why the parents abandoned the three boys and took the twins when they moved. It was a time for forgiveness, for understanding and for reunions. The secondary story about a runaway girl brought the story of the five brothers to a realization that families are hard to understand and hard to love all the time.

Of course, Daniel had hurt Molly and we had l
Michelle
Pattianne
Jan 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
DANIEL'S DESIRE - DEVANEY #5 - (Daniel and Molly)

"THIS TIME WE'RE AIMING FOR FOREVER...."

When a runaway teen surfaced at Molly Creighton's tavern, Daniel Devaney's job as a child advocate forced him to investigate...and to confront his tumultuous past with Molly. Though a tragic loss had shattered their relationship four years ago, Daniel was now ready to accept responsibility for their breakup and make a fresh start.

Their overwhelming attraction was undulled by time, but Molly feared risking he
Bethany
Jul 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it it was a great ending and I do understand some what why they made the decision. When our first was a baby my now ex husband did not realize how hard having a baby would be and he honestly suggested that we should give our 6 month old to my parents to raise be cause he could not handle it. Though I of course chose my child in the end over my ex husband but I wondered if it would not be better for him to be with them instead if his father had issues with him. The story was great and it ...more
Betsy
Oct 13, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
not what I expected for a conclusion book (#5); did NOT like the ending in that the reason for the parents giving up 3 of their sons -- c'mon -- they should have been arrested for child endangerment, really .. you don't just abondon your 3 oldest kids cuz hubby lost his job .. I sure can't imagine those 3 men and their wives allowing them to be close to the "grandkids" after what they did to their 3 kids .. not realistic to me at all .. I hoped for and wanted a more SERIOUS FAMILY CRISIS, not wh ...more
Nicole
Nov 11, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was looking forward to this book so I could finally find out the reason for why the boys were all separated. However, I didn't like the reason behind it and don't believe the parents should have been so easily forgiven. The dad never did seem contrite enough. I was left feeling like he should have been punished more for what he had decided. As for the love story, I think it was wrapped up a little too quickly. Other than that the story itself was good. I just wish the ones in the wrong would h ...more
Brenda
Oct 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The final book in the series and addresses the last twin and the parental issues with realistic resolution. This has been a fun five book series about five brothers that finally found each other after a couple of decades of being separated from each other. Well written with believable characters and situations. There is the wonderful HEA for everyone including some really terrible parents. Sherryl Woods has a great talent for telling stories and engaging the reader into the lives of her characte ...more
Linda
May 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the last story of the Devaney Brothers. Daniel is the youngest of the brothers who have been separated as children. Sherryl Woods has brought us through their individual stories with great sensitivity. I don’t know how I would have reacted in similar circumstances, but the reunion of the brothers is what I would have wanted. Thank you, Sherryl, for a lovely series on family relationships that are always worth fighting for.
Crystal

Awesome finale to this series! The Devaney Brothers unite(sort of) to confront their parents who abandoned the three older brothers over twenty years ago. Tempers flare in another realm as Daniel and Molly come face to face in the throes of a crisis involving a young runaway. Lots of twists in this finale as things come to a head. Highly recommend!
Ginny Dodge
While I enjoyed Daniel's story and the plot line of helping a runaway child, I found it hard to be on board with the Devaney family trying to get back together again. It felt like a cop out to tie together loose ends so quickly. However, I thought the supporting characters and plot were perhaps my favorite of the Devaney stories.
Michelle
I liked the story between Molly & Daniel and Daniel and his brothers. But the big let-down was the pathetic excuse Connor and Kathleen had for ditching their sons. It was pitiful and they don't deserve to be a part of the men's lives. It was a big disappointment waiting for some valid reason through 5 books to get that.
Jodi Mckinney
Woods threw in an interesting side story with a girl who ran away from home. Ending of why parents left three sons in the foster care system was weak and disappointing.
Tina Jenkins
Awesome

Great ending to wonderful series..Have to love the Delaney's. This one had me crying a few times. I recommend reading this series
Mary
Jul 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful ending to a series of great stories. I cried my eyes out and really enjoyed it.
  • Rock My World (Harlequin Blaze #215)
  • Day of Reckoning (Cascades Concealed #2)
  • The Devil She Knows (Devil, #6)
  • The Captive
  • The Italian's Rightful Bride
  • Good Girls Don't
  • Faith (Virtue, #2)
  • The Player
  • A Fare to Remember: Just Whistle / Driven to Distraction / Taken for a Ride
  • Dating the Rebel Tycoon (The Kellys of Brisbane, #1)
  • Claimed By a Scottish Lord (Mystical Bliss, #2)
  • Double Dare (Harlequin Blaze #324)
  • Frontier Courtship
  • Love, Life and Linguine
  • Hot for Him (Secret Lives of Daytime Divas, #3)
  • Heart of Gold (Rainbow Chasers #1)
  • Whitehorse
  • Celtic Fire (Druids of Avalon, #1)
With two other careers to her credit before becoming a novelist and four states in which she's lived for extended periods of time, Sherryl Woods has collected friends and memories, along with way too much unnecessary junk.

"The friends are the only things I've brought with me through the years that really matter," she says. "I could probably live without one more chintz teacup, another tin-litho sa
More about Sherryl Woods...

The Devaney Brothers (5 books)
  • Ryan's Place  (The Devaneys #1)
  • Sean's Reckoning (The Devaneys, #2)
  • Michael's Discovery (The Devaneys #3)
  • Patrick's Destiny (The Devaneys #4)