Start by marking “Go Tell It: How--and Why--to Report God's Stories in Words, Photos, and Videos” as Want to Read:
Go Tell It: How--and Why--to Report God's Stories in Words, Photos, and Videos

Go Tell It: How--and Why--to Report God's Stories in Words, Photos, and Videos

Will you tell the world what God is doing?

Whether we do ministry in a faraway country or a nearby neighborhood, we experience the work that God is doing in lives of people around the world. Yet when we try to communicate those stories to our friends at home, we often fall flat.

How can we share what God is doing in a way that evokes the excitement He deserves?

To experienced
Published May 1st 2014 by Moody Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Go Tell It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Go Tell It

Nick Oro
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great Read

A good summary and explanation of the photojournalist process for capturing and telling a story visually. A great start to tell your stories with imagery. All that is needed if for you to start shooting.
Laura Langley
Mar 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
“God is working. So why aren’t these stories being told?” ask authors Jim Killam and Lincoln Brunner in their new release, Go Tell It: How and Why to Report God’s Stories in Words, Photos and Videos, published by Moody Publishers.

“Missions stories should be energizing the church about the Great Commission,” they add, saying that they believe a “revival will happen again as a worldwide audience learns of what God is doing.”

And with that, Killam and Brunner set out to show missionaries, both long
Jackson Dame
Jul 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Read the review on my website by clicking here.

Go Tell It by Jim Killam and Lincoln Brunner is all about telling God’s stories through words, photos, and video. This book is written by two journalists and provides some interesting insight into the world of documenting and reporting what missionaries are doing all across the world. They have seen too many boring missions presentations in church and believe that the stories of these heroes need to be told in a far more compelling and professional
Bethany
Jul 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I agree with the other reviewers that this book was written toward a pretty narrow audience. But since I happen to fit squarely into that narrow audience. I found it a fabulous read.

It's simple. Concise. Dense. I like how the authors make the distinction between true journalism (conveying accurate info through compelling stories) and marketing (persuasion) — it helps me consider how to do more of the former even when I'm employed doing the latter. The book is linear. It delivers what it promise
Marti Wade
May 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Writers, photographers, and videographers working or volunteering in misssions
Recommended to Marti by: Free copy from the publisher
Shelves: missions
Written for a rather narrow audience, but I'm in it - and found the book an inspiring refresher course on all I learned in journalism school. Working on a review to publish in our ezine for mission mobilizers and will add that here.
Elizabeth
Michael Gowin
May 12, 2015
Gary Phillips
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a very good book to anyone who has any interest in working as a journalist telling the stories of what God is doing in and through the Church very specifically in the field of missions.
Dale
Nov 09, 2015
Mylon Pruett
Apr 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: spirituality
Really interesting look at what journalism and photography are like when approached from a Christian view. I like the focus on excellence, and how that it a trait of Christianity. My only major issue is that the book seem to briefly cover a wide range of topics rather than really dig into a few topics in detail.
Jeff Denlinger