Start by marking “Next Up: 8 Shifts Great Young Leaders Make” as Want to Read:
Next Up: 8 Shifts Great Young Leaders Make

Next Up: 8 Shifts Great Young Leaders Make

There are 8 key attitude and action shifts that every great leader makes.

From entitlement to honor. From passive to passionate. From unreliable to consistent. Are you willing to make these shifts (and more) and be ready when the “next up” call comes?

The Millennial generation is poised to do something. We can either learn, grow, ask for help, and lead honorably into the fut
Published June 1st 2014 by Moody Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Next Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Next Up

Start your review of Next Up: 8 Shifts Great Young Leaders Make
Lydia Howe
May 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Why I Choose this Book:

Simply because it sounded like a great book to read. (And happily, it was.)

What I Thought about this Book:

The whole time I was reading the book I kept thinking of other people who I wanted to share the book with. I thought of my teenage cousins, especially one who have shown fantastic leadership qualities already. I thought about various parents. I thought about people my own age. All this to say, that although this book mainly geared toward young people, it applies to pr
Bethany
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic book to help engage and excite the young leader in the church today, This book is small but is filled with a lot of practical, down to earth advice backed with Biblical principles. I loved how the chapters were well written, thought provoking and insightful without being over the top or hard to read. The chapters that really spoke to me were the ones about from pride to humility as I can see aspects in my life that I really need to work.
I highly recommend this book for those who
Daunavan Buyer
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good Book for Young Leaders

I would call this book more of a primer for people in their late teens and early 20’s. It doesn’t provide a lot of new material for older leaders but it does bring older leaders back to some important realities that need attention. Each of the shifts he proposes are bang on and necessary... with practical steps on how to make them. It’s a good book but nothing completely revolutionary.
Brandon Kelley
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book for young leaders.
Rena
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very helpful and insightful
Annie Slagboom
Jul 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Next Up; 8 Shifts Great Young Leaders Make, by Jonathan Pearson

“Next Up: 8 Shifts Great Young Leaders Make” by Jonathan Pearson is an excellent book. Only 125 pages long make it a quick read, but hold back the reins because this little book gives a powerful punch. Next Up is chalk-full with wisdom which should be savored with prayerful contemplation. Jonathan, a young leader himself, inspires young Millennials (born 1980-2000) to lead with a different worldview.

Many leadership books are conce
2LWithIt
Jan 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Next Up-8 Shifts Great Young Leaders Make by Jonathan Pearson is a personal account of one man's journey and how "God-given gifts...attitude and mind shifts will be the thins that propel" people to become innovators and entrepreneurs of their generation. Pearson highlights several key attributes to an individual becoming a strong leader, like consistency, cooperation, and integrity. I would go into more detail about the text, but I had a very difficult time parsing through how it was about culti ...more
Heath Henwood
Dec 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
A book speaking to the young or next generation of Christian leaders and pastors.
Aiming to ensure their priorities and principles are right as they take on the next level of leadership, particularly as the current generation of senior pastors retire.
The book is easy to read, written with stories to illustrate the main point. The 8 principles are well explained.
Recommend for all aspiring and young leaders in the church.
Jennifer Fanning
Jun 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Next Up Book is a great tool for all young leaders and those mentoring young leaders. The shifts that young leaders must make will be vital to the organizations that they lead. Young leaders must make the shifts Pearson describes with the help of our Greatest Leader. A must-read for leaders growing up in the millennial generation.
Barnabas Piper
Jun 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
For those of us who are rising into leadership and may be taking the reins over the next few years, Pearson's book is really helpful. He touches on many of the attitude and habit weaknesses younger leaders have that can undermine our success. This is a great book to use in a group context or a mentoring context too as it provides opportunities to sharpen others and be sharpened. ...more
Christian Cooper
Emily
Feb 20, 2018
Nathan Carter
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
Some good principles, but like most books in this genre it's kinda - "Meh." ...more
Jonathan Hayashi