Start by marking “Love Well: Living Life Unrehearsed and Unstuck” as Want to Read:
Love Well: Living Life Unrehearsed and Unstuck

Love Well: Living Life Unrehearsed and Unstuck

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  138 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Do you feel like you’re stuck? Do you feel alone? Do you live in fear that your struggles might push others away? Do you wonder if your faith is a fraud because of the emptiness in your soul? Are you weary of trying to play by the rules and pretend that everything is okay?

In Love Well, Jamie George confronts the popular heresy that God’s children are meant to live a life
Published August 1st 2014 by David C. Cook (first published June 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Love Well, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Well

Rachel Marie
Jan 02, 2015 added it
Shelves: faith
This review first appears on

This was such a powerful book. George was very open, honest, and vulnerable while sharing his story. He shares his personal journey in his struggles in his marriage and with his wife.

I hardly highlight or mark things when reading ebooks, but there were a whole bunch of quotes that I had to mark. This isn't a self-help book. In fact, I would say that he doesn't really share on actually how to go about doing some of the stuff he says (other than professional counseling)
Katherine
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I get the minimalist feeling kind of a reader while reading this minimalist kind of a book. I can't elaborate it more clearly though, just read it and you will understand. :)

Jamie is such an honest and deep person and his work is literally his heart and mind patched into a one beautiful masterpiece. This isn't the conventional type of a christian read as his writing style is very very unique. Jamie-ish! :)

There's no specific person I would recommend this book to since it's a perfect read for a
Austin Hood
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Though my story is broken, it is no longer my story, but assimilated into the great love story of Jesus. It is my gift to be able to love and be loved.
Faith
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"Living Life Unrehearsed and Unstuck."
Isn't that a wonderful idea?

Imagine if we could be done with the pressure to plan our performance and the temptation to angle every conversation to protect ourselves. Imagine if we could just live in the moment without panicking over the next step or regretting that this sweet slice of time will have to end so soon.
Imagine if we lived like it was true when the Bible said "It is for freedom that He set us free."

Jamie George has written Love Well to help la
Lori Crane
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I’ve heard Jamie speak many times as he is the pastor at a church near my house, and I attend his Sunday services when I’m in town. The man can tell a good story. He brings Bible stories to life as I’ve never heard before, and he often has brilliant insights on life and love, so I was so excited to read his new book.

If you are in need of a new way to frame your thinking, or in a rocky relationship, or simply looking for ways to improve your life, you will love this book. I’ve been exposed to “Ne
Megan
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is an interesting book. I recommend it, and not even just to the Christian audience which it is probably written for. The ideas Jamie George discusses are beneficial no matter your beliefs.
The book walks through George's difficulties with his wife Angie. It discusses their struggles to learn to communicate effectively with one another. The book is broken into twelve different chapters which each highlight different things a person can do if they're feeling "stuck". The advice he gives is s
Joan
Jul 29, 2014 rated it liked it
I have mixed feelings about this book. George is very open about his own personal life, sharing much of his troubled marriage. There were times when I felt like I was a voyeur, he revealed so much. Much of the growth George writes about came as a result of the counseling he and his wife went through. George then encourages us to experience the same growth. He never tells us how to do that, however. For example, one of his suggestions is "set boundaries." Entire books have been written on that su ...more
Rachel Blom
Jan 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
A compelling read filled with personal and Biblical stories that show principles for getting unstuck, Love Well offers above all hope. Author Jamie George – the pastor of the well-known The Journey Church in Franklin, TN – is honest, vulnerable and raw in his account of the marital problems between him and his wife. But this is not a depressing book. Theirs is a story of hope, of redemption, and of a God who was faithful through it all.

Don’t let the twelve principles the author discusses to liv
Faith
May 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
We heard Jamie speak twice at a Need Him Conference. His speaking and writing are unconventional and very similar to each other. Much of what he had to say deserved a 5 but he sort of writes in a manner that jumps from thought to thought and doesn't writewith conventional punctuation and paragraphing so I couldn't go for the 5. It reminded me a great deal of reading Ann Keimal-Anderson in the 80's, a great message but written without conventional punctuation etc. My favorite quotes were on page ...more
Heidi
Oct 18, 2014 rated it liked it
This book started out really well. I was devouring it. Then, I felt some disappointment in the point of view of Joseph. He is one of my all time favorite people in history, and I didn't like how he was put across. Maybe he was that way, but I don't like thinking of that. The book has excellent ideas, good writing, but I just kept hitting against differences in beliefs that made it a bit more of a let down by the end. Overall, I still think it was worth reading though. And the cover is lovely, an ...more
Steve Watson
Jun 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great Motivation

In Love Well Jamie George opens up about his own struggles and how it almost destroyed his marriage. He invites the reader in to the process as he and his wife learn to truly love. Along the way you meet other strugglers from his life, as well as some from Scripture, that also had to make the choice to learn how to love well. The storytelling in this book makes it easy to read and the simple, yet hard, truths come alive.
Alex
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Incredible book about being human. It's all about the reality of life as we know it and how we, sinful & broken people, fail to love well and be loved well. Great read to shake off the weight of feeling too unworthy or having to prove ourselves to God. This book is all about Gods redemptive attributes and how he is intimately involved in the tension in our lives.
Stephanie
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Makes me want to drive to Nashville just to thank him for writing.

Makes me want to start over, right now, and read it again. Yep, that good. Beautiful, actually. Honest and convicting and potentially life-changing.
Emily Brackman
Oct 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What I can say is that there is not one ounce of vulnerability shared in this book that is not lived out. If you are broken and hurt and over it all , take the time to read what true love, acceptance , and grace look like from a man who lives and shares it well.
Ashley
May 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: to-read-2016
This book is an easy and refreshing read. I would recommend it to someone who is exploring the Christian faith. This book displays excellent story-telling and exhibits the value in vulnerability.
Chloe
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
so so good!
Caitlin
Aug 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was such an easy book to read. The stories are incredible. I learned so much from it. I highly recommend it!
Pamela
Aug 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian
I love a story I can relate to...one that is vulnerable, honest and true. This is definitely worth the read.
Cydne B
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Written about the love of Christ without attaching burdensome religious dogma.
Carol
Mar 17, 2017
Terri
Sep 01, 2016
Tim
rated it did not like it
Nov 26, 2017
Allison
Jul 14, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Better: How Jesus Satisfies the Search for Meaning
  • Praying for Your Elephant: Boldly Approaching Jesus with Radical and Audacious Prayer
  • Addicted to Busy: Recovery for the Rushed Soul
  • Gotta Have It!: Freedom from Wanting Everything Right Here, Right Now
  • Messy Church: A Multigenerational Mission for God's Family
  • Start Here: Beginning a Relationship with Jesus
  • Follow: A Simple and Profound Call to Live Like Jesus
Jamie George founded Journey Church in Franklin, Tennessee, as a safe haven for the religiously wounded. Acclaimed worship band All Sons & Daughters was birthed in this faith community. George is the author of Love Well and The Wisdom of Solomon, and he lives with his family in Franklin.
More about Jamie George

$7.99 $1.99
    $27.99 $2.99
  • Waiter Rant: Thanks for the Tip-Confessions of a Cynical Waiter
    $8.74 $1.99
  • Dakota: A Spiritual Geography (Dakotas)
  • Restless: Because You Were Made for More
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Edgar Allan Poe: The Fever Called Living
  • The Road to Jonestown: Jim Jones and Peoples Temple
    $12.99 $2.99
“To truly live by faith, one must be willing to live in the tension of not knowing. Not understanding certain things. Not having all the answers. A person must walk humbly, bearing the mystery of a God who far surpasses any human capacity to fully define Him.” 2 likes
“If you have not yet loved or suffered enough to clear out your narcissism, then you will not naturally promote other people’s uniqueness and value. If you wonder why you have trouble connecting with others, this is probably why.” 1 likes