Start by marking “Space in the Heart” as Want to Read:
Space in the Heart

Space in the Heart

Before his wife was murdered, astronaut Garrison Sterling couldn't wait to rocket into space on his first shuttle mission. Now he merely survives, one day at a time, blaming himself for the events that put his wife in a grave and his daughter Zoey in a wheelchair. And he struggles to raise Zoey, a headstrong teenager who longs for independence and rebels against his overpr ...more
Published November 2nd 2013 by Redstone Ranch Press (first published October 19th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Space in the Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Space in the Heart

Start your review of Space in the Heart
Marlene Cullen
Jan 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Rodney Walther is an accomplished author. I thoroughly enjoyed Space in the Heart and didn’t want it to end. Perhaps there will be a follow-up. The characters inhabiting this story feel real. I care about them. I’m interested in their lives. The plot is believable and intriguing. The dialogue is superb. A well-crafted story with some surprises. I love twists, hate predictability.

This is the second Walther book I have read. He’s quickly becoming a favorite author!
Debbie
Nov 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
I'll admit, I read this book because the author is my uncle. It wasn't something I would usually pick up, but I found myself enjoying it. It excels at putting characters in uncomfortable situations and creating lots of conflict. This made it exciting to read. The chapters often end at great cliffhangers. However, at times I found the story to be cliche or hard to believe but that didn't ruin the book for me. I'd recommend this book. ...more
Pamela Hutchins
Oct 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What a joy! Space in the Heart is an engaging story of three people, their intertwined lives, and their attempts to fill their empty spaces. The author does a masterful job of rolling out the tragedy that defines them in tantalizing and painful bits, building up the tension and stakes as he goes. I loved reading the points of view of each character, especially the teenage daughter. I am looking forward to more from Rodney.
Susan Weintrob
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a novel whose characters and plot are driven by themes of grief, regret, and second chances. Each main character is memorably drawn, although I have to say I loved Zoey! Such a unique character, filled with personality, teenage moodiness and her striving to be an independent person. Being in a wheel chair sets her apart, obviously, yet Walther’s strongly and aptly developed character allows us to sit in her chair as we read.

The three wounded characters have deep conflicts and all are on
Gay Yellen
Jun 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable, heart-warming book.
Ann
Jan 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful book. It touches so many parts of life from teen middle school angst to learning to let go of the past and finding your life path. Zoey is a 14 year old who has spent 12 of those years in a wheelchair. Danica is a tv journalist , who has covered many stories including one that concerns Zoey and her dad, garrison. How the three come together makes a great book.
Michelle Ransom
Nov 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways
This book is probably one of the best books I have read! I am so honored to have received this book in a good reads first reads giveaway! It made me sad at times and also happy at other times! I highly recommend!
Susan
Dec 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A good, honest, enjoyable story.
MJ VanGompel
Jan 07, 2014 rated it did not like it
Someone in my book club selected this book. The conversations were contrived, the characters unlikeable and the ending predictable.
gj indieBRAG
Aug 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
We are proud to announce that SPACE IN THE HEART by Rodney Walther is a B.R.A.G.Medallion Honoree. This tells a reader that this book is well worth their time and money!
Ashley Irby
Nov 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book through Good Reads & finished it the same day I got it - Today! Amazing story - I'm in love with this author! ...more
Jean Corey
Judy Bass
Aug 10, 2016
Nov 01, 2014
maryannfuriati
rated it did not like it
Jul 25, 2019
Jan 19, 2020
Kelly zinn
Feb 13, 2015

• Thief River Falls
  • Children of Time (Children of Time, #1)
  • This Is How You Lose the Time War
  • The Best of Us
  • Paranoid
  • The First Lady
  • The Dead Wife
  • The Good House
  • Break the Silence (Detectives Kane and Alton, #7)
  • Snow Creek (Detective Megan Carpenter, #1)
  • The Girl With No Name (Detective Josie Quinn, #2)
  • Her Last Whisper (Detective Katie Scott, #2)
  • Violent Crimes (Amanda Jaffe, #5)
  • A Reason to Live (Marty Singer #1)
  • After Dark
  • The Dancing Girls (Detective Jo Fournier, #1)
  • Feared (Rosato & DiNunzio, #6)
  • Rough Justice (Rosato & Associates, #3)
author of best-selling novel BROKEN LACES and SPACE IN THE HEART