Start by marking “Layers Deep (Layers Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Layers Deep (Layers Trilogy, #1)

Layers Deep

(Layers Trilogy #1)

He needs to save a friend.
She wants to plan her revenge.
Their pasts scar them layers deep, their passion distracts them, and distractions can be fatal.

He needs to save a friend.
She wants to plan her revenge.

Tristan Cross lives in a world where trust is earned, loyalties are tes
ebook, First, 167 pages
Published December 4th 2013 by MyLit Publishing (first published November 30th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Layers Deep, please sign up.

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo SilksLayers1TitlebySueBee_zpsae7598d2.jpg
 photo kissing4bysb_zpseab25120.gif
 photo fight2bysb_zpsaa466692.gif
★★★ ! Layers Deep, book 1 (3). CEO & rookie police officer set out to uncover each other’s secrets while on a risky mission!

“He strolled out of the exercise room, his full front tenting out from under his shorts. Cross didn’t seem to care.”

Tristan and Allie’s story starts in book 1. Books in the Layers Trilogy are most enjoyed when read in order:
Book 0.5: Dazzled By Silver
Book 1: Layers Deep
Book 2: Layers Peeled
Book 3: Layers Off

Layers Deep (book 1) opens up to rookie police offi
Debra

3.5 STARS.

He needs her to save a friend.
She needs him to plan her revenge.
Their pasts scar them Layers Deep.
Their passion distracts them…
…and distractions can be fatal.

Layers Deep was a sexy, action-packed story that definitely managed to keep me on my toes the entire time I was reading it. With a fair amount of drama, some pretty suspenseful action scenes and lots of passionate romance, this book turned out to be a fun, surprising read that I would highly recommend to those who are lookin
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 Stars

The man had a way of seepig deep into my soul and covering each wound with a permanent band-aid. As if he knew I needed his help.

Dang that was good. A swoon worthy hero, a feisty smart-mouthed heroine, some hot sex, and a suspense plot all in one. What more could a girl ask for?

This was my first book by this author, and now it certainly won't be my last.

Allie Green is a cop. She's smart-mouthed, tough, and can kick ass with the best of them. But she's also running from something, a nigh
Vishous
*ARC courtesy from author in exchange for honest review*

DAMN YOU CLIFFHANGER!!! DAMN YOU!!!!

I really need to stop reading books that have warnings about cliffies but when I see that word my mind automatically wants to read it to see at what point will story stop and how bad will it stop!

Allie , cop rookie wants only one thing - revenge. Revenge for her past and what she lost. And she knows that perfect person to help her with that is Tristan.

Tristan has other plans for Allie, he also needs her
Shurrn
A combination of Modern Romance and Thriller.

A rookie cop teams up with the head of a private security firm to go undercover and attempt rescue a young woman before she can be sold at an auction of sex slaves.
This was an up and down event. When the book was good, it was really good - gripping, intriguing, sexy… But unfortunately it took a while to gain momentum.

The first parts of the book were kind of strange for me - We were given a very clear vision of Allie Green's fears, goals, and motiva
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
Loved this book! But so happy I waited to read it till I had access to the sequel! I bit of a cliffy warning.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Allie Green is a decorated NYC cop. She's lived on the other side of crime as the victim and she has dedicated her life protecting those who are victims of all sorts of crime. But deep inside, she hides behind the armor of her bullet proof vest. She's got serious scars from events she witnessed as a child. These scars won't heal until justice is served.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

When head honcho Tristan Cross
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5--Different and Entertaining--Stars!!

WARNING: This has a cliffhanger ending. But book 2 is on NetGalley and will be available January 13th for purchase.

If you're hesitant to read this one because you're afraid it will be the typical billionaire meets average troubled girl storyline, fear not because it wasn't. It did have a billionaire and it did have a fairly average girl with a broken/troubled past......

That sounds exactly the same. Really it wasn't. This one actually had a pretty unique s
Glass
Oct 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: way-too-hot, romance
What a start of trilogy! I was a little bit disappointed with Layers prequel, Dazzled by Silver, but Layers Deep was everything I expected it to be.

New job, hot boss, revenge and a lot of steamy scenes. I was so happy when I saw that first novel was about Tristan. I loved his character in Dazzled by Silver and I was hoping for more. (Thank you, Lacey!) Tristan was driven by guilt - he thinks his friend's trouble is partly his responsibility so he reaches to the Allie and asks for her help. Wel
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Dec 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
Jointly Reviewed on: http://totallybookedblog.com/2013/12/...

description

G&J ~ 4.5 Stars

Gitte:

“I can’t work for someone who wants to be in my pants.” – Allie

“I want more t
Miranda
 photo covergasm_zps60c8e9e2.gif

5 Enticing Stars!

He took a deep breath of courage and then exhaled, saying, “I should have done this yesterday. If I don’t taste your lips, I won’t get any work done.”
I couldn’t even reply. In an instant, my words were muffled by his mouth, and everything inside me shut down. My body went limp, melting into the seat as my arms flopped at my sides. His hands cupped my face, the pads of his thumbs caressing my cheeks back and forth as his tongue spread my lips, sliding into my willing mouth. He
Nov 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Interested in my thoughts? Read my gif-tastic review @ No Book Left Behind

I will no longer be hosting my reviews in Goodreads. All books I have personally reviewed will be linked back to my blog on BookLikes for all of you to see! :)
Helen Stothard
Nov 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing

There are some books, and they're the rare exception, where within just a few pages you really connect. This was one of those books. I read it cover to cover in one session, and my only complaint is it wasn't long enough. At least I'd been forewarned it was a two parter with a cliff hanger, but I didn't see that ending coming. I'd expected it to end several times in the previous chapter, but this ending was more cruel.

I can't quite figure Tristan out, he's one of my favourite types of hero's, a
Michelle
Dec 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Copy provided by MyLit publishing via Netgalley in exchange for honest review

This was the first book I read from Ms. Lacey Silks and I really enjoyed reading Layers Deep. This book had it all from family love, friendship, steam, romance, hot sex and suspense so it definitely was one of those books that captured my attention. What's not to love when the hero is gorgeous, hot, wealthy, and swoon-worthy and the added bonus of a heroine who is smart, beautiful, and strong.

Allie Green is one feisty
Lindsey
Nov 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance-2013
Awesome Read.
Hot, hot, hot!!

Review to come later!

This book was hot, hot, hot! I enjoyed the story line and the intensity of the characters. I am looking forward to reading more about Allie and Tristan. I hope we don't have to wait too long for the next installment.

Review: I was a little hesitant to read this book as I thought it was going to be similar to Sylvia Day’s Crossfire Series. Yes, there are a couple similarities but the story line is different and I really enjoyed it. This story is a
☆ Sammy ☆彡
**ARC courtesy of MyLit Publishing via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review**
Stephanie
Oct 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites, adult, arc, romance
Wait a minute… This book did not end like this! Please, tell me it didn’t. But, yes, it did. I don’t feel that bad of the end, because it could have been worse. Still a cliffhanger that I hate.

The book is hard for me to summarize, but I will try. Our main character is Allie Green, a cop with a focus mind in her job and in one solid thing. Kill a man that destroy her life and her mother’s. After that was out of line, thanks to Tristan Cross (our male main character), we begin an interesting journ
Ava
ARC recieved by the courtesy of NetGalley and the author for an honest review

Lacey Silks is one of the author already in my collection of books to read but I haven't got the chance to read one of her book until Layers Deep . The story intrigued me a lot with the fact that both need the help of each other. The description felt sexy, mysterious, adventurous, deep and like an action movie for girl with sexy romance.
A total package.

This book was short, could read this one in one go. It was easy
Sami ♥'s Books
Nov 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
An arc was kindly provided for my honest review via NetGalley.

Allie Green is a beautiful woman who became a cop because of a tragic memory from her childhood. She lives a very guarded life with her best friend and roommate Laura. She doesn't make time for relationships and is only driven by her need for revenge.

Tristan Cross, from Cross Enterprises, is GQ model worthy in his tailor-made suits. He too is seeking someone, only he's not looking for revenge- he wants to rescue.

Cross shows up and kno
Lucy (Talk Less, Smile More)
This book was HOT! I mean, just look at the cover! I had no idea that I would enjoy this book as much as I did. Sadly, I judged it and figured it would be like the other erotica novels I've come across where the sex comes first and everything else isn't as important. I'm glad I was wrong. This book has it all. If you want the erotic element. You got it. You want the romance element. You got it. Even if you want a little action and suspense, you got it. I wouldn't just label this book as pure ero ...more
TeriLyn
Nov 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
**Received a copy from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review**

Layers Deep is between 3.5 to 4 stars for me. The story is intriguing. The writing is interesting and different from other books I've been reading. The author is very concise in her writing; not much is a mystery and you're not kept waiting in suspense until the end. The plot starts off slow in the beginning but really picks up through the middle. The book is on the shorter side, I was able to finish it in one s
BodiceRippingConnoisseur
Nov 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If you want to know what the book is about... read the other reviews! If you want to know if you should read this book... then this is the review for you! I did get this book for free... for an honest review... and if you've read my other reviews... you know that I ALWAYS give honest reviews. So here is the LOWDOWN!!!

You need to get your calendars out and CIRCLE IN RED, YELLOW, and GREEN (yeah you know it!!!) December 4th because that is the day your next favorite series will be released!!! I h
Becky
Dec 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013, arc
*I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest opinion*

Wow, this book is Hot Hot Hot. Packed with suspense, drama, secrets and steamy scenes to rival the lead males namesake Gideon cross!

Allie is a police officer. She has kept up her training in an attempt to seek revenge for 13 years ago and has formulated the best way to do this, get on the good side of Tristan Cross. With his help she can remove the threat and finally give her mum a normal life. When he comes looking to employ a
Jackie's Book Review
Dec 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book has it all!

I was given an ARC from the author for my honest review.

This was the first book that I have read from this author and I have to say that I was greatly impressed with this book. Layers Deep has it all, romance, sex, deceit,action, a little bit of mistery and supense and just plan hottness( I don't even know if that's a word).

The story centers around our heroine Allie Green who is a cop and has been on a mission to distroy the man who ruined her and her mother's life years ago
Mary Mooney
Oct 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC from the author for my honest review, so here it is. OMG, WOW what a great story. Allie is a police detective with a painful past that she and her mother fear every day. Tristan owns a personal securities company that specializes in other types of protection and rescues. Allie wants to work for Tristan to help rid her of the problem from her past but she is attracted to Tristan from the moment he steps into the Police auditorium looking for a new hire. And Tristan wants Allie. ...more
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Oct 31, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley, arc
**ARC provided by MyLit Publishing via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review**

I think this book had a ton of potential and I was very excited to be given the opportunity to read and review it before its publication date...You can't just love them all. Unfortunately, this one was just not for me. I felt lost from the very beginning and couldn't connect or learn who each of the characters were. I didn't understand what was happening either and it just wasn't making any sense to me. The under
Malinda McConnell
Nov 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh Ms. Silks, what have you done? I started this book thinking it would be okay, just a quick read to pass some time, boy was I wrong! It was freaking fantastic!! I loved, loved, loved, Allie, she was strong and determined, my type of woman in a story. I hate when the female lead is whiny and weak. And don't get me started on Mr. Tristan Cross, he sounds like the perfect guy. Sexy as sin, smart, loves his family and loyal to a fault. Without giving too much away, Allie needs Tristan to get reven ...more
Jan
Dec 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
ARC copy in exchange for an honest review.

I loved this book so much. Its a great follow up book from Dazzled by Silver.

I just loved the character of Allie. She was a tough girl on the outside, but also tough character in the inside. Loved how she protects those she loves and puts herself on the line for people.

What can I say about Tristan. He is an amazing guy from what I remember from reading Dazzled by Silver and now Layers Deep. Even though Kendra has been a complete b*tch towards him, he
Shanna
Dec 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Would've been 5 stars, but Ms. Silks left me hanging BIG TIME!

This book was a most pleasant surprise. I was expecting the typical billionaire meets normal girl, takes over her life, gives her everything. But instead, this time around it was nothing like that. This book was a journey into a life that is more mercenary that mogul. I loved the relationship that develops between Tristan and Allie.

The story really builds over time, and you can tell that both these characters are almost afraid to fal
Olga
Mar 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: office-romance
It was more like 3.5 stars

My only complaint with this book (well, maybe not the only, but the one that bothered me most) is that I think it's actually silly (for lack of a stronger word) that Tristan and Allie would instantly fall in love with each other, and start doing all those things couples do within a few years of their relationships.

Key-word here being years, not a few days.

Other than that, a pretty good, hot, intense story. Will read the rest in the series.
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Dec 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
description

4.5 Stars

Gitte: I have to say Jenny I really enjoyed Layers Deep. I was completely hooked and couldn’t put it down. It was well written with an intriguing story-line that had suspense, passion, mystery and great characters. I didn’t think it re-invented the wheel but it was addictive and fast paced, oh and we have a new book boyfriend now don’t we?!

“I can’t work for someone who wants to be in my pants.” – Allie

“I want more than to be in your pants, Allie. But if you wish, I promise to keep my
Same Cover... 3 22 May 02, 2014 11:02PM
Layers BR 159 50 Dec 29, 2013 06:01PM

• The Scandal Before Christmas (The Reckless Brides, #3.5)
  • Brody (Circle Eight, #2)
  • Fire of the Dragon (Bestiary, #1)
  • Bound by Wish and Mistletoe (Highland Legends #1.5)
  • It Happened Under the Mistletoe (Secret Brides, #3.5)
  • Reclaimed: A Highland Historical Trilogy (Highland Historical, #4-6) (The MacKays, #1-3)
  • Seven-Night Stand
  • The Border Laird's Bride (Borderland Brides #2)
  • Love Me (Take a Chance, #2)
  • Say Yes to the Duke (House of Brady, #3)
  • The Rogue's Proposal (House of Trent, #2)
  • Christmas Brides
  • Geek Girls Don't Date Dukes (Geek Girls, #2)
  • Texas Mail Order Bride (Bachelors of Battle Creek, #1)
  • The Highlander's Sin (Stolen Bride, #6)
  • Flying
  • Taste It
  • Lessons in Loving A Laird (Highland Knaves, #2)
USA Today Bestselling Author Lacey Silks writes erotic and contemporary romances with a touch of suspense. She’s a happily married wife with two kids who uses her husband to test out the more intimate scenes for her writing – he said he doesn’t mind it at all.
Lacey likes to make her readers blush. She judges men by the size of their feet and loves sexy lingerie though her favorite piece of clothi

Layers Trilogy (3 books)
  • Layers Peeled (Layers Trilogy, #2)
  • Layers Off (Layers Trilogy, #3)