Start by marking “Marriage Minded Lord (Darrington Family, #1)” as Want to Read:
Marriage Minded Lord (Darrington Family, #1)

Marriage Minded Lord

(Darrington Family #1)

When an outrageous meeting leads to inappropriate desire, will family honor and duty destroy a chance for true love?

Felix Alan Darrington, Earl of Swandon has been summoned to London by his mother. Though he has obligations to Parliament, his meddling parent has reminded him it’s time to do his duty, marry and provide her with grandchildren. But Felix refuses to wed under
Published September 17th 2013 by New Independence Books

To ask other readers questions about Marriage Minded Lord, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marriage Minded Lord

Start your review of Marriage Minded Lord (Darrington Family, #1)
Jody
Oct 09, 2013 rated it liked it
As a fan of the historical genre I've read many books by many authors and found this one satisfying but with some flaws. The theme of a desperate mother demanding her children get married is familiar but I appreciated how these siblings stood up for themselves by holding out for love instead of living up to family obligations. Though some of the characters were over-the-top the main protagonists had great chemistry and unrelenting sexual tension.

Clarice has one foot in the world of the lower
Farrah
Oct 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A sweet, lovely historical romance, Marriage Minded Lord was a wonderful read. It had sweet romance and a psychotic lady determined to tear the lovers apart. I really enjoyed reading this fantastic book. Loved it!

Clarice was a fun heroine. She's very impulsive and tends to do things without thinking them through, which leads to some entertaining moments. Like when she "accidentally" drops a tray of desserts on her cruel mistress. It definitely brought a tone of humor to the story. She was a
Mary Gallo
Sep 05, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Eye rolling, no bueno

I read the pages into the story, and the hero, an adult male in charge of his families wealth and holdings, rolls his eyes at his mothers letters. What a wimpy, cheesy character. I pity the poor woman who had to marry him. Eye rolling is not sexy or mature.
Tin
Oct 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
Disclosure: I received this book from the tour organizer as part of the book tour. Thank you to Tasty Book Tours and to Sandra Sookoo for the opportunity. Yes, this is an honest review.

* * *

Marriage Minded Lord features Felix, Lord Swandon and earl who is being pressured by his mother to marry and secure the succession. Felix enters the marriage mart with great reluctance and is chagrined when he finally finds a woman who fascinates and excites him. Unfortunately, she is the paid companion to
Jessica
Sep 26, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: blog-review, arc
We’ve all heard the proverb, “the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.” Sandra Sookoo proves that in MARRIAGE MINDED LORD. Felix Darrington, Earl of Swandon can’t stop thinking about Lady Olivia’s French companion, Clarice, who happens to have a talent for cooking. Clarice dreams of a man who could love her and when Felix shows interest she’s quick to explain she’s not looking to become his mistress. While most men would walk away, Felix is willing to take the time to show her he wants ...more
Pam
Oct 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
The Earl of Swandom is asked to return home and find a wife by his mother. She loves to tell him what to do and while he hates the meddling after Felix meets a certain woman his mind may change on not wanting to get married like his mother asked. He still wants to be married to the woman he loves or not at all. Clarice is the companion to a lady but really is so much more. While she may be the illegitimate daughter of a duke she still will not be the same person her mother was. While she tries ...more
Chu
Oct 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review Originally Posted at: Book Freak

Felix Alan Darrington, is the Earl of Swandon. He has duties to his title and his family. One of which is getting married and securing an heir. He would do so, in his own time, when he can finally meet the girl he loves truly wanted to marry and not just anyone his mother expects him to drag into the altar.

There’s Clarice Delacroix who’s social standing is between classes. She’s a lady’s companion, borne out of wedlock to a Franch opera singer and a duke.
Teresa Jones
Oct 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Marriage Minded Lord was the first book that I have read from this author and I was very glad I was able to take the time and read it. The writing style was witty and fun and the characters were completely enjoyable as they moved throughout the story, making for an enjoyable read.

In this story we follow the lovely Clarice that as all good woman characters is multi-faceted. She has a lot of spunk and is incredibly independent, she isn’t afraid to think and do things for herself or to say things
Patricia
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Every now and then, I drift into the work of a new author. Sometimes, I read part of a book, a whole book...and sometimes I realise that I should, in truth, make a Goodreads shelf for yet another author.
Meet Sandra Sookoo, creator extraordinaire. She creates a fanciful story of jealousy, mild blackmail, scheming mamas, and totaly reprehensible villains.
In this story, she draws her main characters with loving care. Their development is fast, and colorful, their attraction to each other obvious,
Lisa
Oct 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: ouab-2013

I received an advanced reader copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

I like this story because I like strong, witty, independent heroines. Clarice is wonderful, she knows her mind, is not afraid to share it and fights for what she thinks is right. I admire her for not pulling out her heritage and going on her own merit. She knows secrets and keeps them, until her life is in danger.

Lord Swandon, Felix, is a good guy. He tries to keep all the women in his life happy, mom, sister and
Ashley
Sep 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with this book as soon as I picked it up. The author pulls you into an enticing world of love, aristocracy, and divisions of class. Felix falls for a young woman's companion named Clarice. However, the young woman Olivia wants Felix for herself and thinks he is falling for her instead of Clarice. Clarice portrays a lowly companion but is actually of a higher class than she lets on through both sides of the family.

This book is a mini historical romance comedy. It has a good mix of
Heather
Oct 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ouab
I thought this was a good read from beginning to end. I couldn’t put it down. I was constantly wondering how the story was going to unfold. Clarice had attitude and spunk but was also vulnerable and insecure. Felix started off stodgy and dutiful but realized happiness mattered more to him than following tradition. There were times I wanted to slap the villain as they were so cruel and uncaring, but I know that’s what makes a villain good. They still annoyed me though! I just wish the book would ...more
Molly
Debbie
Apr 24, 2018
April
May 24, 2018
Sandra Sookoo is a bestselling author who firmly believes every person deserves acceptance and a happy ending. Most days you can find her creating scandal and mischief in the Regency-era, serendipity and happenstance in Victorian America or snarky humor in the contemporary world. Reading romance is a lot like eating fine chocolates—you can’t just have one. Good thing books don’t have calories!

When

Darrington Family (3 books)
  • To Bed or To Wed (Darrington Family, #2)
  • The Bridal Contract (Darrington Family, #3)