Start by marking “Baiting the Boss” as Want to Read:
Baiting the Boss

Baiting the Boss

For years Grace Owens harbored a secret crush on her boss, Jack Macintyre, the heir to the Macintyre Corporation. But Jack relocates to a remote tropical island after tragedy upends his life, cutting off all contact. Now Grace's new boss issues an ultimatum: return Jack to the family fold or pack her briefcase and move on.

When she turns up at Jack's bungalow, he can't deny
Published October 14th 2013 by Entangled: Indulgence

To ask other readers questions about Baiting the Boss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baiting the Boss

Dorine
Jan 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Rated 3.5 Stars. When Grace Owen travels in search of her bosses' grandson, she doesn't expect to fall in love with his island lifestyle, or the man himself.

Grace Owen is used to doing Lachlan Macintyre's laundry list of work that no one else wants to do. She has been his person in charge of 'special projects' since she graduated from college, always hoping to have her talents recognized with a management promotion. Not a world traveler, she has made Sydney, Australia her home, with dreams of s
Lea
Oct 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a good quick read; the writing is good and flows smoothly. The chemistry between the characters is very good and I enjoyed watching them follow their path to love.

Grace is the ‘Special Projects Coordinator’ for the CEO of Macintyre Industries, isn’t that a nice title for glorified gofer? She has been sent by her boss to retrieve his grandson Jack from the remote island he retreated to after the death of his wife three years before. While it’s not explicitly stated Grace is sure that he
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Oct 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, contemporary, romance
Posted on What I'm Reading

I got a chance to read Baiting the Boss by Coleen Kwan. I enjoy Coleen's other books, so I was super excited to see she was coming out with a new story. This a fairly fast read, which I happen to enjoy reading.

In the story we meet Grace Owens, and she has been working Macintyre Industries for about three years. Well, she was tasked to go find Jack the grandson of the CEO of Macintyre Industries, who happens to be on some tropical island.

Jack Macintyre decided to run aw
Diana
Oct 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Grace always has a crush on Jack Macintyre but could never doing anything about it. A few months into her career at Macintyre Corporation Jack has a falling out with his grandfather, the CEO, and drops off the face of the earth.

Three years later Jack’s grandfather is getting ready to retire and wants the family company in good hands, so Grace is sent to track down Jack.

Grace forgot just how much she liked Jack till she is forced to chase him down and bring him back to Macintyre Corporation, and
Jasmyn
Oct 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Another winner from Entangled Indulgence this month. Grace has been sent to find her boss's long lost grandson who ran off to a mostly deserted island after a tragic falling out with the family. But now the family business needs him back and Grace won't give up until she convinces him to at least give it a shot.

Jack has demons in his past. When they erupted into an argument with his grandfather he left and swore never to return. But Grace has ways of making him see things differently and after s
Rosemary K
Oct 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Grace Owens works for Lachlan Macintyre. He sends Grace to find his grandson, Jack, and convince him to return to the family company. That will not be an easy task. These two stubborn men have been estranged for three years. Grace tracks Jack to Filemu Island. As expected he refuses to return and demands that she leave immediately, but Grace is stubborn and decides to stay . What happens when an irresistible force meets an immovable object? Coleen Kwan has written a passionate romance between an ...more
Sharon
Oct 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I so enjoy the Baiting the Boss by Coleen Kwan.

The story is about Grace Owen a loyal employee of Macintyre Corporation. She has been sent by the head of company to bring back his grandson and her secret crush.

Jack had left three years ago after his wife death and difficult time he had with his grandfather

Grace travels the island where Jack has been living for the last year. She will need to convince him to come home. This not an easy task. Especially since Jack is happy where he is.

I love the
Cheryl Sanders
Oct 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Jack Macintyre was made was made a widow by tragic accident that he blames himself for. After this tragedy, Jack had a falling out with Lachlan, his grandfather. He quit the family business, cut all ties, and moved from Sydney to Filemu Island. Now, 3 years later, Lachlan wants his grandson back. He sends Jack's former assistant, Grace Owens, to bring him back to Sydney.

I truly enjoyed reading this book and had it been longer, it would have been a 5-star read. The chemistry between the character
Ashley Schoen
Grace Owens has worked for the Macintyre Corporation for the past three years and as harbored a crush on her ex-boss Jack Macintyre. Jack cut off all ties from his family and the business after tragedy struck. Now the Macintyre's have given Grace an ultimatum...Make Jack come back or move on. The down side Jack has no intention of coming back to Sydney, to his family.

Coleen Kwan has a way of making you like even the worst of characters. She puts just enough warmth to each and every character to
Michie Scott
Dec 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Grace and Jack are undeniably attracted with each other but Jack was not ready for a relationship yet because of his past experiences, he just wants fling. Grace likes Jack long time ago but she is the type of girl that wants serious relationship.

I'm intrigued with Cameron, at first the author described him as bad boy but on the middle of the story,he was a changed man and really wants Jack to become the successor of their family business.

It's a well written story but I don't like the ending, i
Emily
Grace Owens always harbored a secret crush for her old boss and when she is asked to bring him back, after leaving three years ago, she becomes a woman on a mission. What she finds is a surf bum in lieu of her boss and it puts her a little off her game.

Jack MacIntyre walked away, blaming his family and circumstances for a tragedy he felt deep in his heart. Seeing Grace in a whole new light though is unexpected, their tempers flare as well as an undeniable attraction but Jack is not willing to gi
Erica
Oct 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Another super cute read from Coleen Kwan! I always know when I pick up an Indulgence book, it will be a good read - and Baiting the Boss was no exception to that rule.

Baiting the Boss was somewhat different from what I was expecting after reading the synopsis, but I got into the story just the same. I loved the island and the characters Jack's friends there! The one thing I wish would've been expanded more is the history between Jack and Grace - readers get little tidbits, but I felt like a lot
Melissa Kendall
Oct 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
ARC provided by Publisher

This is a thoroughly charming, endearing and captivating romance.

The interactions between Grace and Jack felt natural and worked so well at bringing the two together. Their time on the island was romantic in a trial and tribulations kind of way. Lots of banter which i always find enjoyable and the sexy times very swoony.

Definitely a great read the only complaint i have was the mixture of both British and American English. Using words like arse yet using z's instead of s
Ashley Williams
3.5 Stars
I thought this was a good read, the romantic angst was enough to tug at your heart strings. The plot wasn't super original, and it's not an Island read, though they are on an island in the beginning. I admit, the office stuff isn't that interesting, but the steamy scenes are fantastic! Grace and Jack have a smoking hot chemistry. Overall, the book has some ups and downs, but I really enjoyed the relationship between Jack and Grace. It's a one sitting read that you can't go wrong with!
Irene
3.5 stars rounding up to 4 stars

Baiting the Boss was an enjoyable read.
Grace and Jack are likeable even with their flaws.

I would have liked an epilogue as the story felt a little rushed towards the end but Coleen Kwan does leave the reader with a happy heart.

I recommend it to anyone looking for a love affair that runs a slow burn with a happy ending, sweet and hot :)

Thank you to NetGalley and Entangled Publishing for the ARC in exchange for my honest review.
Lisa Gemmell
Nov 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
very cute, enojoyed the book. It was a short story and it was a fun read.
Anny
Oct 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult-romance
Really enjoyed reading it. Would have love it more if there was an epilogue!!!
Priscilla
Oct 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful, quick read! I could not put it down! Great, strong characters that hold your attention and make you feel for them.
Simone
Jun 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
**ARC Provided by Netgalley and Entangled Publishing, LLC for an honest review**

Grace has had a crush in Jack since she started her job three years ago. They even went out on friday lunches after he smelled her soup one day.

However not long after his wife died in a car crash and he left the family company, sold his shares and left Australia altogether.

Grace has been sent by his grandfather to bring him back home.

Jack was raised by his grandfather after his parents died when he was nine. When hi
Monique
Oct 06, 2013 rated it it was ok
This review also appear on my blog All The Bookish Love

Disclaimer: I received this book free of charge from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. All opinions expressed are my own.

When I picked up this book, I thought I was about to embark on an island adventure. But I was sorely disappointed. Sure it does feature an island, but only for part of it.

Grace Owens is Lachlan Macintyre’s,( CEO of Macintyre Industries) Special Project Coordinator, which is basically just a glorified title f
Angie
Oct 03, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC through NetGalley.

Baiting the Boss started off wonderfully, but then it turned into a bore. Jack took off from his family's construction business three years ago to get away from it all. He's set himself up on a remote island and had no plans on returning to the city. Grace works for Jack's grandfather and has been tasked with bringing him back or she won't get a transfer to the position she really wants. Graces uses every trick in her arsenal to guilt Jack into coming back, bu
Evelyn
Sep 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: entangled
I was offered this book in exchange for an honest review. I'm actually really impressed with this book. I've read Coleen Kwan's Real Men series (from Entangled's Bliss line) and thought they were light reads but good. I think Baiting the Boss is better than both of those books.

The book starts out with Grace Owens, who's a hard working, devoted employee of Macintyre Corp, on a boat to a small island in the Pacific. She's headed there in an attempt to find and bring home her boss' grandson. Her c
Amy H
I got this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review...
I first have to say it is great to get back to reading! I am finally getting all my reviews done for my blog and I have such a LONG waiting list! I will finish it!!!

This book really wasn't for me. It was good, but I felt like it was dragging on. The plot is very good but I feel even though it was a short book it could have been even shorter and more enjoyable.

Jack was in line to take over the family business. The only proble
Kate Dirty Girls' Good Books
Baiting the Boss by Coleen Kwan
C, inferno, no kink, contemp, 184 pages

Company owner and CEO Lachlan sends his assistant Grace to find his grandson, and heir-apparent, Jack and bring him back to Sydney and the family business.  Grace finally tracks him down on a tropical island and all sorts of romance ensues.

I really liked the story. A lot.  It was a fun and easy and comfortable read, lacking any sort of external conflict (which I appreciate).  Like I said, I liked it a lot.  Until we get to the
Mariel Hoss
Oct 14, 2013 rated it liked it
*ARC from NetGalley and Publisher in exchange for an honest review.*

Grace Owens, underappreciated gofer, has been sent to retrieve her boss’s grandson, Jack McIntyre, from a tropical island paradise where he has bolted. She thinks he’s a sulking playboy, he thinks she has been drinking from the company cooler much too long. Throw in surf, sand and tropical conditions (read: skimpy clothing) – both Grace and Jack realizes there is more to the other than meets the eye. One week later, they are doi
Zarith dol
Oct 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
The story start with the heroine, Grace Owens is a spunk and independent woman works as a 'Special Project Coordinator'(or personal lackey) for the CEO of Macintyre Ind. She was task to return his heir who happens to be her crush since she start working in the company. The problem is the so called heir Jack Macintyre is nursing his wounds after the death of his wife 3 years ago in remote tropical island. The spark between H and h that lain dormant years ago erupted in the . Of course the exotic ...more
*P
Oct 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was the first book I have read by Colleen Kwan and I found it to be enjoyable. The story went along at a nice quick pace and I finished it in less then one day. Kwan's writing style was easy to enjoy and I found the book to be well written.

Grace Owens is responsible for bringing Jack Macintyre, her former boss and crush, back to Sydney and the family. Jack, due to old ghosts, has no desire to return to his grandfather Lachlan and the family company. Along the way chemistry between Grace an
Nicola
Oct 06, 2013 rated it liked it

Having read Coleen's 'Real Men' series from Entangled's Bliss line, I grabbed the chance when given the opportunity to read this as an ARC. She's proven she can give us men to fall in love with and ladies who give them a run for their money, but with the addition of steamy action, well that can only be an added bonus.

With a buff, sexy, stubborn Aussie hero who has brains as well as brawn, a sweet-natured, determined lady with a quiet feistiness about her, heat, passion, a beautiful setting and
Gloria Herrera for As You Wish Reviews
How far would you go to keep your job and be promoted? Our Grace survives the boat ride from hell to reach her boss's grandson...barely! In addition to being seasick, she has to prepare herself to convince Jack (the grandson) to forget his ongoing disagreement with his grandfather, and please, return to Macintyre Industries. His grandfather is ready to surrender his control on the company and needs him to take over the reigns.

I can relate to Grace's dedication and obstinacy to complete the job s
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Cinderella Seduction (Suddenly Cinderella, #3)
  • Tempting the Cowboy (Paint River Ranch, #1)
  • 'Tis the Season to be Kissed
  • Winning the Boss's Heart
  • Falling for Mr. Wrong (Bencher Family, #3)
  • Seducing the Enemy (Heirs of Damon, #1)
  • Talking Dirty With the Boss (Talking Dirty, #3)
  • Love Lost and Found (Love on Deck #2)
  • Outback Affair (Affair, #3)
  • Mad About You
  • Falling for the CEO (Stanton Family #1)
  • The Seduction Game
  • The Maverick's Red Hot Reunion
  • Dishing Up Desire
  • Eat Play Lust
  • Sparks the Matchmaker
  • Famously Engaged
  • Like Falling (Surfacing, #1)
Coleen Kwan writes contemporary and steampunk romance for Carina Press and Entangled Publishing.

Coleen has been a bookworm all her life. At school English was her favorite subject, but for some reason she decided on a career in IT. After many years of programming, she wondered what else there was in life — and discovered writing. She loves writing contemporary romance and steampunk romance.

Coleen